Anyone else self-employed?

Hello, this is the first time I’ve posted here although I’ve followed the forum closely since first diagnosed on 18th August and it’s totally kept me sane(ish!). I am about to start rads on 18th October (4 weeks) and am self-employed and work from home. I just had a couple of days off after WLE and SNB in August and haven’t told any clients of diagnosis. But as rads are drawing ever closer, I’m panicking more and more - I already feel emotionally and physically spent before I even start and am worried about fitting in full-time hours around 4 weeks of rads. I guess what I’m looking for is some reassurance from anyone else who works for themselves and has been through this and still had a business to run at the end of it!? or anyone else who’s worked full-time through rads and managed OK?

Gail

I am not self employed so cant help you on that area, but i just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum.

There is a thread October 2017 Radiotherapy which ladies who are continuing or starting their radiotherapy sessions are posting on and you may find that useful for help and support on rads.  There may well be someone on there who is self employed and can share their experience with you.

Helena xx

Hi Gail

I was lucky enough to be able to take some time out of work, so didn’t work during my treatment. However, I think it is possible to work during rads, if you are able to plan your days well. The thing with radiotherapy treatment is that it can make you feel sleepy afterwards. So if you are able to work during the day and then have your radiotherapy late afternoon, it is possible, because you can rest and sleep in the evening.

Hope this helps

Sue xx

Thanks Sue, I’m sure I’ll be fine once I start -it’s probably a bit of ‘fear of the unknown’ at the moment.