71712members
376152posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fallen pregnant within 2 years of diagnosis?

2 REPLIES 2
Emelf

Re: Anyone fallen pregnant within 2 years of diagnosis?

Gosh I am so sorry to hear that. I had no idea about that either. I thought it was quite risky in the first 2 years. This hasnt been planned (if I am pregnant) I wouldnt have an abortion anyway so I guess I shouldnt worry about it if I am.

Come of the tamoxifen anyway just in case.

Thanks for your reply.

Hope you are well.

Em x

jane72

Re: Anyone fallen pregnant within 2 years of diagnosis?

Hi Emelf

Not sure if I should be replying to your post as I don't quite qualify, but I did get pregnant 2 years and 9 months after diagnosis. I wasn't on tamoxifen.

There was NED at the time, nor after pregnancy (last ultrasound I had my daughter was 14 months). Although of course there was microscopic disease in order for it to recur, so it could have been busy multiplying.

Unfortunately, I now have a recurrence 5.5yrs down the line, with my second pregnancy. I didn't realise at the time I got pregnant for the second time that a second pregnancy within three years of giving birth makes your chances of a recurrence even higher (with a hormone responsive cancer of course).

Tamoxifen can be used in fertility treatment, so I think the important thing is to stop taking it once you know you're pregnant, otherwise it can cause abnormalities.

Very good luck to you. xxx Jane

Emelf

Anyone fallen pregnant within 2 years of diagnosis?

Hi,

I wanted to hear from anyone who might have got pregnant within the 2 years of pregnancy?

There is a chance I am but too early to test. I am on tamoixfen also and hear that this can be harmful to carry on taking.

I am talking to my onc about it later but wondered if there were any women who got pregnant and were fine, and BC did not return.