374572posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

hymil

Re: Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Loupylou I am primary too, there seems to be two threads about this. The group is Bristol is mostly secondaries too I guess they have more worrying issues to deal with than us, but they are very welcoming certainly not all doom and gloom, and I'm sure the new Southeast Wales team will be the same. Look forward to meeting you 🙂

hymil

Add me to your list Ann, I love the Cardiff shops 🙂 Cant really comment on dates yet but would like to keep in touch. Please PM me if you do make a date incase i lose this thread!

cushkin

Oh bother, I can't make any of those dates. I'm back in full time work now after 4 months off and I'm working on all those dates, typical isn't it 😞 Never mind, hopefully I'll be OK for the next one.

Hope you all enjoy, spare a thought for me working hard while you enjoy you you lovely lunch ha ha 🙂

Emma x

loupylou

I'm not back in work yet so most dates ok with me. Re the BCC secondary support group, sounds good but what about us girls with primary diagnosis who would welcome a support group? X

jack148

Hello Everyone

Sounds a great idea I live in Cwmbran dx last year currently having herceptin. Sorry only available 30th June , 1st July.
I will keep an eye on post to see when your meeting up
Sal

Stephanie_BCC

Hello everyone,

I hope you won't mind me posting on this site. Breast Cancer Care are looking at the possibility of setting up a secondary support group/living with secondary breast cancer programme in the Cardiff area in the near future. We would be very interested to know if this is something you would find useful and welcome your comments, ideas and locations for a group.

UK Wide Services Team

herbgarden

....and i'll kick off with the nightmare of availability! I'm available 16/17 june and 4th july but am away from 28th june for rest of that week
Pam

AnneS

Hi again,that's a great response so far - 9 of us interested so far.It's lovely to hear from you all.
I thought I'd strike while the iron is hot and suggest some dates for an initial meet-up to get the ball rolling. I know we're all spread out a bit in area but it might be sensible to at least make the first meet-up in Central Cardiff which hopefully will suit the majority and maybe we want to vary where we meet if we make it on a monthly basis.
How would it be if we met up in Browns brasserie as they do nice round tables and I haven't yet tried the one in Cardiff (for locals it is where Hahas used to be)
The Friary Centre,
The Friary,
Cardiff,
South Glamorgan
CF10 3FA
I can do 16th,17th,28th,29th,30th June and 1st&4th July before I'm off on holiday. How about if we made it from 11.30 so we can have coffee,br
unch,lunch or whatever each of us fancy.
Let me know what you think and when we've got a date the majority can make I'll book a table.
Really hope to meet you all soon.
Anne x

Rhian

I am sort of in the middle of wales, i go up to the north ( my mum lives up that way) to meet with the shropshire lasses, would be interested in meeting , I go to hereford to see medical folk ( newly refered as i was getting treatment in london) and travel down towards Newport fairly often.

r x

herbgarden

Hi all, I have been a lurker on this site for quite a long period of time particularly around my primary diagnosis in dec 2005 and more recently since secondary diagnosis in Feb 2011. The posting about a possible south wales meet up has finally led me to registering! I live between cardiff and newport and would be keen to meet up for coffee/chat/lunch or whatever.
Pam

sendellm

Hi all,

Im in Cardiff and i would love to meet up, only had mx 12 days ago so new to all this!

Michelle x

meggy

Hi
I live near Hereford and often pass v close to the Welsh border (!) Monmouth area. I expect that is too east for most of you....
Maggyx

cushkin

AnneS

Maybe it would be a good idea to put a post up on the In Your Area section, may get more people to see it and reply?

Emma x

daisy_may

Hi
I live in the vale of glamorgan and would love to meet up.
I've never made it to bristol meet ups as they always clash with something
I'm away for the next two weeks though.
Su

loupylou

Hello, I'm in Wales and would be happy to meet up x

cushkin

Hi AnneS

I live in Newport and have been looking for a local meet up group. I was thinking about joining up with the Bristol and Somerset groups because I couldn't find anything local. I suspect there are many women in Wales who would like to meet up more locally, I know I would. So will done you for coming up with the idea 🙂
I am 31 and was dx last year, I have finished my chemo and am starting my rads and Herceptin in a few weeks. I think meeting other women and having a bit of fun and a chat is something I would enjoy, a bit of light relief.

Lets hope there are many others who are interested then we can make plans.

Emma x

AnneS

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

I am one of the founding members of the informal lunch meet-up in Browns Bristol which started over 2 years ago and has been extremely enjoyable and beneficial for me. However, as I'm based over the bridge in South Wales I'm finding the driving back and forth to Bristol increasingly tiring now and can't always make the meetings.Although I very much want to keep going when I can I wondered if there might be any interest in starting something in Cardiff or Newport(I'm 25 mins drive from each)maybe even Browns in the Hayes in Cardiff.
If anybody is interested in meeting for coffee or lunch(or both!)and a chat let me know and it would be great to set something up in Wales.In Bristol we started off as a group of ladies with secondaries but we have a number of ladies coming now with primaries too and I think it would be nice to include anyone who would like to come and feels comfortable. I've been living with breast cancer for 8 years and secondaries for 3 and have been stable since Nov 2008 and enjoy making the most of every day.
Let me know what you think and it would be nice to meet more people this side of the bridge!
AnneS x