360635posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Highlighted

Re: Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Sorry had my letter to say occ health the same time grhh! Had a clear brain scan yesterday though so mustn't grumble. Hope to make next time if I'm not back in work xx

Highlighted

Hope to be there on the 3rd. Best wishes to Anne for your scan.

Sarah x

Highlighted

I have zometa that day at 12 but will see if they can fit me in earlier or later and try to come.
Pam

Highlighted

Hi Anne, I may have an occ health that day, they've mentioned the date but no time. If it's early then I'll be there. Hope you get your MRI soon. Lou x

Highlighted

I'm good for August 3rd.
hope you feel better soon Anne,and scan is clear.
Su xxxx

Highlighted

Hi all,
How about we make it Wednesday August 3rd from 11.30am at Ruby Tuesdays(new to me but we can give it a go)on the Upper Mall Eastside inside the new St. Davids Centre?It is the school holidays so it may be busy but everywhere is likely to be!
I haven't been feeling so well since the last meet and am waiting an urgent MRI which could come at any time so I will do my utmost to be there but will let you know if I can't make it.
Love and positivity to all,

Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi,
Early August dates best for me - so 2,3,5 August are my choice! Dates are always a nightmare but am sure we will all meet up sometime.

Positive thoughts from starryskies xx

Highlighted

I have zometa on 2nd and 30th August apart from that I should be OK.
Su

Highlighted

Hi all,

I can make any date prior to 15th as I 'may' be returning to work. Not sure yet x

Highlighted

I'm in oncology on 2nd so that's out for me sorry x might be back in work on the 30th - drat!

Highlighted

Hi again,
I just realised that Starry skies can't do 16th but every other date I suggested so just wondered if everybody could suggest maybe 2 dates they can do and then we can choose the more popular one of 2nd,3rd,5th,9th,10th,16th,26th,30th August.
Cheers all and take care xx

Highlighted

Hi all,
Just back from very sunny Sicily!!
Am up for a meet-up at Ruby Tuesdays(St Davids Centre upper mall) on Tuesday Aug 16th.
Great to hear about your scan Lou and hope you can come along this time.
Anyone interested is(primaries or secondaries)very welcome and would be good to see as many as possible.

Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi All, The Haven in Hereford has a monthly group and on 12th August our Nutritional Therapist will be advising on healthy eating. Hereford is on a direct train line to Cardiff and Newport so is easy to reach.
http://www.thehaven.org.uk/how-we-can-help-you/whats-calendar/2011-08/secondary-breast-cancer-suppor...

Highlighted

Will check 16th and get back to you. Lou x

Highlighted

Hi all!

Just had a look at your post, Anne. 16th of August seems good for me at the mo. Hope others can come too.

Sarah x

Highlighted

Good news, loupylou! Is anything decided re:dates for meet-up?

Highlighted

Had good results from CT today so up for an August meet x

Highlighted

bump

Highlighted

Hi
Great to meet up yesterday, I'm up for Ruby Tuesdays, I have dentist appointment on 2nd Aug but no other commitments so far apart from latest grandchild due on the 6th.
Su

Highlighted

Hi Anne, sorry I wasn't able to make today, I hope to meet you all next time. Its great that ladies like you make the effort to get us together. Hope the migraine goes soon. Lou x

Highlighted

Hi Anne,

Thank you for arranging this afternoon, yourself and daisy-may were lovely company.
Im up for another lunch, would be great to keep in contact. I too went home and slept all day! ah its such hard work doing lunch ha ha.
Good luck for your radio interview, i for one will be listening.

Take care and thanks.

Michelle x

Highlighted

Hi all,
It was lovely to meet up with Sendellm and Daisy-May today at Browns despite my migraine which is finally going after beginning first thing this morning!
It would be great to arrange another meetup while the iron is hot so to speak and hopefully others will be interested and available too. Daisy-May mentioned the new Ruby Tuesday American diner in St Davids Centre (upper Eastside mall)next to Pizza Express which looks really good from the webiste and I would definitely be up for that and hopefully be up to eating next time!!
I have no availability now in July but am currently free 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,10th,16th,30th August.
Not to blow my own trumpet but I'm going to be interviewed live by Jason Mohammad on BBC Radio Wales on July 20th from 1.15pm for about 40 minutes!!Gosh - I'll be nervous!! - about my "journey" with breast cancer and about the work Breast Cancer Care do and how much support I've had from them over the past 8 and half years so do have a listen if you fancy it.
Hope everyone's doing ok. Anne xx

Highlighted

Just bumping this up. We're having the first Cardiff meet-up for any ladies with primaries or secondaries in Browns Brasserie,the Friary, Central Cardiff from 11.30am.
All welcome. A table will be booked under the original name of "Brown" so we know who we are!!

Looking forward to it.

Anne x

Highlighted

Sorry you can't make it Pam. Best of luck for the MRI tomorrow and I hope you can enjoy your time in Cornwall which is somewhere I've never been and would very much like to visit.

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling good loupylou. Just see how you feel on the day - you'll be very welcome if you come and if not hope to see you the next time.

Anne x

Highlighted

Hi Anne, I haven't been feeling too good so have put off confirming yes or no at this stage sorry x

Highlighted

Sorry will be unable to make it........having a few days in cornwall to forget about the waiting for results from a follow up MRI scan I am having tomorrow.

Hope the meeting goes well. i hope I will be able to join you the next time.
Pam

Highlighted

Bumping this up! Do join us for a meetup in Browns,Cardiff from 11.30am this Thurs 30th June.All welcome but let me know so I can look out for you.

AnneS

Highlighted

Hi All,
Sorry to hear you can't make it this time Sarah but hope to meet you the next time.
So far there are just 3 of us definites,(me,sendellm and daisy-may) for meeting at Browns Brasserie,The Friary in central Cardiff from 11.30am. Would be great to see more people too - both primaries and secondaries welcome for coffee,lunch and chat.
Do let me know if you're intending on coming so I can have an idea of numbers when booking the table which will be booked under the name of Brown.

See you soon,
Anne x

Highlighted

Hi Anne and all!

Can't make it next week as I have a lymphoedema app.at 10.30 which is very important and that I can't re-schedule - so annoying, as I was looking forward to coming! Hope to see you all at the next meet-up. Have a lovely time next Thurs.

Sarah x

Highlighted

Anne_S I would love to come over Saturday lunchtime and dance (or at least watch!) will PM you 🙂

Highlighted

Count me in!

See you there

Michelle x x

Highlighted

I'll be there !!
Su

Highlighted

Just bumping this up. Hoping as many as possible are going to come along to our first Cardiff meet-up on Thurs June 30th from 11.30am at Browns,The Friary in Central Cardiff.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Anne x

Highlighted

Sorry to confuse! You're right Su - Browns is in the Friary which is not near the Central Library!! You'd think after 8 years in South Wales my geography of Cardiff would be a bit better!!!
xx

Highlighted

Hi
I'm confused the friary and the central library are at different ends of town.
Su

Highlighted

Hi Anne and all,

I'd love to come on the 30th, but am unsure whether my son is off school then due to a teacher's strike. Would have to find out about this, but, in any case my mum could look after him or my parents-in- law. Should be OK!

It will be lovely to meet you all,

Sarah x

Highlighted

That's great.Lets plump for Thursday June 30th and I suggest we make the first meeting at Browns Brasserie in the Friary(where Hahas used to be)in the centre of Cardiff near to the Central Library.

I'll book a table from 11.30am under the name of Brown so to make it easy as we don't know surnames and we do this at the Bristol meets.

Am still going to go to the Dancing event at the Central Library on Sat 25th anyway so if anyone fancies joining me they'd be welcome. If you'd still like to come anyway Hymil,you're more than welcome to.

It will be great to get something going in Wales and to meet some new people as well.

Take care everyone,
Love Anne xx

Highlighted

I've now got two scans lined up but no dates yet, so fairly free. Lou

Highlighted

Hi
I can make the 29. 30 june 1st july dates.
Su

Highlighted

Hi all,

Im free in all dates, hope we can all meet up soon.

Michelle x

Highlighted

Hi all,
It seems only me and Hymil are free on Sat 25th which is a shame but of course we're getting into the holiday season now.
Other than the 25th June I am still free on 29th,30th June and 1st July. Any other takers for any of those dates?
Thinking ahead for another meet I am free on 18th,20th,21st July and 1st-5th,8th-10th,15-17th and 30&31st August so lets try and put in a date for July and one for August as well if poss as well as one in June if more than 2 of us can make it!
The more the merrier so come and join us.

Anne xx

Highlighted

Im also away on Saturday 25th , but would still like to make another meet.

Sal

Highlighted

I'm also away on 25th.....If I can't join this time would be interested in meeting up at the next date arranged.
Pam

Highlighted

Anne, That do on Sat 25th sound brilliant, I'm definitely up for it, probably with a coffee to start! And it's after payday too 🙂

Highlighted

Hi mates-to- be,

Starryskies here, live in Cardiff and dx with secondary bone mets in Jan 2010. On capectabine and zometa infusions and very interested in meeting up.

I can't make the 25th June as away but would be delighted to meet up and add to discussions.

Starryskies

Highlighted

Hi again, I deliberately hadn't put down any weekend dates as I thought that maybe people with families wouldn't be able to make it but have just found out that on Sat 25th June there is a "Dancing Round the World Day" from 12-5pm at Cardiff Central Library with demonstrations of many different dances from round the world which might be fun.
"Free Dance Festival featuring performances from all over the world: Street, Hip hop, Ceroc, African, Ballroom, Appalachian, Chinese Fan, Bengali, Zumba, Latin American, Portuguese, Flamenco, Bollywood"

Wondered if anyone was interested in meeting beforehand for coffee/lunch and then going along there afterwards if we fancied?

If not am still on for making a date on one fo those suggested but will wait for more replies as availability is proving difficult but we will perservere xx

Highlighted

Hi All,
I think there has been a little confusion due to BCC services post on this thread about them setting up a secondary group of their own which I would be interested in finding out about by the way.

The group I am proposing to set up in South Wales would be an informal coffee/lunch/chat meetup for anyone living with breast cancer as long as primary ladies were happy about being with secondary ladies for whom there is very little support network. As Hymil says we are not full of doom and gloom and anyone who knows me will know that I'm very positive but it's good to have a moan sometimes too with people who understand.

I'll wait for a few more replies and then choose a date in the next few days if that's ok.

Anne x

Highlighted

For loopylou

Details of a breast support group in south Wales as follows:

Breastfriends Cardiff & Vale
Breast Cancer Support Group
PO Box 6061
Cardiff CF15 5AH

Phone, care of:
Breast Cancer Care Cymru (who take messages) on 0845 077 1894 and can arrange for someone to call you

Email at

Website at: http://www.breastfriendscandv.org.uk

Best wishes
Lucy

Highlighted

Hi all!

A cautious "yes" from me - I live in Neath, but travel frequently to Cardiff as I have treatment in Velindre - Whitchurch. Also would be interested in Secondaries group - although I'm not sure if I am strictly a member - but would certainly be more my thing than a primary one.

Love, Sarahx

Highlighted

Hymil, it doesn't take a lot to confuse me at the moment! God help everyone when I go back to work! I sussed there were two threads! Lou x