cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Highlighted

Re: Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Hi all,
27th October from 11.30am at Trenchers cafe in Windsor Place(off Queen Street near Queen Street station end and very near Capitol shopping centre (on Queen Street)
So far only Annys and I are definites with daisy-may hoping to making it. It would be nice to hear from more people and would be lovely to see some more faces. All are welcome.
Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone
Oct 27 is fine for me. I don't mind where we meet. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Annys x

Highlighted

Hi
I may not be back from Cornwall, but I will be there if I can.
Su

Highlighted

Hi all,
Can't believe how fast time is going. Had a nasty virus for a fortnight but feeling a lot better now.
How would Thursday 27th October be for the next meetup from 11am.Am happy to try Trenchers again on Windsor Place but if anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Hope to see as many as possible. Both primaries and secondaries ladies are welcome.

Take care all

Anne xx

Highlighted

Glad the meet went ahead. I am free for the week 24th October apart from the Friday so hope to make the next meeting.

Off to Cyprus on Sunday to get some sun on my poor bones and top up my Vit D levels. Tumour markers continue to rise but feeling fine and oral chemo working out well.

Enjoy your weekend.

Starryskiesx

Highlighted

Hi annys,I'm a primary too, and I went to the last meeting and it doesn't make any diff, it was lovely I really enjoyed myself, look forward to meeting you xxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone
so glad you enjoyed the last meet. As it's half term I'll be free for any day. Really looking forward to meeting you all. I'm a primary, I hope that doesn't matter.
Annys xxxxx

Highlighted

I really enjoyed the meet yesterday. Only 3 of us but was very pleasant. Sorry you missed us Pam - we were right at the back of Trenchers on the comfy chairs!!
We have suggested the week beginning 24th October(half term)for the next meet. I am currently free any day that week except Wednesday. What is best for everyone else? The more the merrier - primaries and seondaries welcome.
Lovely photo Sue
Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi folks Im very sorry to have missed you.I think i must be going soft I did come to join you at about 12.10 but struggled to park, and then couldn't see you in trenchers so scuttled off! Anyway I'll be keen to try ahain next month. Daisy May many congrats the babe looks fab! Pamx

Highlighted

Had a good time, look forward to next meeting in October. I managed to post a picture ( I think )

Highlighted

Thankyou girls for a lovely lunch,really enjoyed myself, xx

Highlighted

Just logged on. Yep-am still going for the meet there are at least 3 of us if not 4 so am happy to go ahead. It's always going to be difficult to get mutually convenient times especially with secondary health problems.
Am looking forward to seeing whoever is able to come from 11.30 onwards! I'll take my kindle in case am on my own for a while!!!
The more the merrier - all welcome at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff(off Queens Street and Dumfries Lane)

Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi AnneS,is the meet still on? doesn't look like many can make it.

Highlighted

Hi Anne and all,

Annoyingly, I'm feeling fluey and achy again today and not up to the meet tomorrow. Sorry for ths short notice again. Have a lovely time!

Sarah x

Highlighted

Hi all, I am still hoping to make it tomorrow but it will be my first full day at work so may be a flying visit...may not arrive till after 12. Hope all is ok with everyone.
Pamx

Highlighted

yes i'll be there can't wait,hope i can find it,good news about your scan AnneS

Highlighted

I'll be there. Great news re scan.

Highlighted

I'll be there, Anne. Glad your scan was fine.

Sarah x

Highlighted

bump!

Highlighted

Bump!
Please could all who are coming on Wednesday 14th from 11.30am just reconfirm so I know who to look out for and know how many are coming. I don't think I can book at Trenchers but it's good to know the numbers. If we're too many for Trenchers we can go across to Bar 33 in the same street.
Looking forward to it.
Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi all,
Just bumping this up as a reminder for the next meet next Wednesday 14th September from 11.30am at Trenchers Cafe and Deli at Windsor Place, off Queen Street at the Queen street station end and off the dual carriage way at Dmufries Lane the other end.
If walking from Queens Street from Castle direction you want the second turning left after New Theatre turning. The shops Hobbs and Fat Face are opposite the Windsor Lane entrance and it's just down and opposite to the big Capitol shopping centre - there was a big Barclays Bank on the corner but I see it's now been stripped and closed down and empty building at the moment but there is still some labelling of Barclays Bank.
It's a new place so haven't tried it yet but it looked nice and casual and nice to try out new businesses.
I'm thrilled to say that my recent PET scan is still shoping clear which is great news and I feel so relieved as have not been feeling well for several months and worry makes it seem worse!!
Looking forward to Wednesday.

Anne xxx

Highlighted

Hi Herbgarden!

After a very frustrating afternoon I finally got insurance cover for St Lucia trip. Company - Insurewith.com 0845 2307159 - for £233 for 2 weeks so am happy with that. The Cyprus cover was £57 which was the lowest quote I had from the many I rang. I gave up trying to get online quotes as it took ages and then they bombed me out.

Have you gone back to work yet? If so hope you are ok.

Starryskies

Highlighted

Hi starryskies, Judging by your other post youve already discovered that the company was MIAonline.....but they seem to limit cover to europe west of urals and possibly Australia....they have covered me for a european cruise however.....I'd be very interested to see if anyone has had any luck recently in getting cover for US or Carribean with secondaries.
More generally WHICH are looking for stories with problems in getting travel insurance/being treated unfairly if you have health problems...maybe we should inundate them! mods I'd be happy for this post to be posted in the travel insurance sticky thread as well if you can. Pamx

Highlighted

Hi all,
Sorry I can't be with you on 14th but we are away in Pembrokeshire for a week. Yes, another holiday and 2 more planned in Cyprus and St Lucia.

However - just come off the phone to Insure Pink who will no longer insure me as my bone mets are affecting more than 1 vertabrae. Ann or Pam - Can you remind me of the other company you mentioned?? Think it began with an M but have forgotten it.

Many thanks and hope to catch up in October when a date set.

Starryskies x

Highlighted

Hi all, looking foward to meeting up with every one again next week!
Pamx

Highlighted

Hi Anne,

Hope, this time, to make the meeting!

Love, Sarah x

Highlighted

Hi all,
Am pasting a link to Windsor Place on googlemaps(if the moderators let me)to let you know where Trenchers Cafe is which is 9-10 Windsor Place,CF10 3BX.Windsor Place is off the dual carriageway of Dumfries Lane at one end and off Queen Street(pedestrian bit)the other end.There is meter parking at the Windsor Lane end which is the bit off Dumfries Lane and then continues into Windsor Place which is all disabled parking only and is a dead end due to the pedestrian bit of Queen Street. I think Hobbs on Queen Street is opposite if you're looking from Windsor Lane and Windsor Lane is 2 streets parallel to where the New Theatre is. On the Windsor Lane bit there is all meter parking and mainly solicitors and business offices and a few bars including Bar 33 and then bars and restaurants all along Windsor Palce including the quite prominent Promised Land Bar which is also opposite a Wetherspoons pub. It's the Queen Street station end of townand there's a Barclays bank on the corner of Queen Street with Windsor Place so if walking through Queen Street look out for that.
Here's the link to googlemaps http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ADRA_enGB333GB333&q=trenchers%20windsor%20place%20cardiff&um=1&...
Hope to see as many as possible xx

Highlighted

Hi
I'm still on for the 14th, new grandchild arrived safely, Iris Mair 7lbs 11 ozs , she was 2 weeks late,. Sons wedding tomorrow morning, off to Barmouth now.
See you all soon.
Su

Highlighted

Hi all,,can't wait for the meet up, also will need a land mark, hope all goes well with your scan on monday AnneS.

Highlighted

Hi Anne, hoping to make it this time. Where is the venue near, give me a landmark please!

Highlighted

Hi horsie550,sorry to be delayed responding - not been on here much recently. You're very welcome to join us and am sure we can try and arrange a mid October meet.I can do 14th,20th,21st,24th,25th October at the mo.

Hope to see as many as possible for the September meet which is on Wednesday 14th September from 11.30am at the new cafe called Trenchards or Trenchers in Windsor Place 2 or 3 doors along from the Promised Land bar.Please could you remind me who is on for coming?

Hope your new grandchild arrived safely Daisy-May and really hope sendellm can make it this time as it would be lovely to catch up.

Got my latest PET scan on Monday so lots of crossed fingers please!! xx

Highlighted

Bump

Highlighted

Hi.I would love to meet up with you all, am desperate to meet others whom I can talk to, and who understand what I am going through. I live near Chepstow in SE Wales,but hav spent 2 years living in Saudi Arabia due to my husbands' work.the treatment I get is first class out here,but little or no support groups for non-Arabic speakers.I fly home regularly and am next home for a week mid-October.are you planning a meeting then? I can arrange my flight to coincide with a meeting.I can't tell you how much. I need this! Xx

Highlighted

Great to hear from you Annys, the more the merrier for these meet-ups as long as everyone understands there's a mixture of secondary and primary ladies.
I am actually free on the 15th and 16th September but others may not be.It's always hard getting a date to suit all but will definitely try and look at a Thurs or Fri in future.
Let me know everyone if you prefer the 14th,15th or 16th September.
See you all soon,

Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone
I've not been on the forum for several months so was mad at myself at seeing these meet ups being arranged and enjoyed and not knowing about them. I would love to join you ladies but as I work Mon, Tues and weds I'm not able to make 14th Sept. I can't take a day off as I'm a part time teacher but for any other meetings you plan I'd be grateful for a Thurs or Fri. Really grateful to you ladies for organising this as I've been hopeful for a meeting in my area since my dx in Jan 2010 but didn't have the energy to do anything about it. Looking forward to meeting up with you all in the near future.
Annys x

Highlighted

There will be a Breast Cancer Support Day in Abergavenny on Thursday 20th October http://www.thehaven.org.uk/how-we-can-help-you/whats-calendar/2011-10/abergavenny-breast-cancer-supp...

Highlighted

In the diary Anne, hope I can make it this time x

Highlighted

Hi All,
It was lovely to meet up in Ruby Tuesdays on Wednesday.
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 14th September at Trenchers (new cafe)cafe on Windsor Place opposite and right of the Wetherspoons Pub from 11.30am.It's only been open a few weeks but I had a look in and it looks very nice with a good range of sandwiches,cakes etc.
The more the merrier so do come and join us.Both primaries and secondaries are very welcome.
You're more than welcome to come along tob21
Best wishes to all,
Anne x

Highlighted

Hi all, wish i'd seen this meet up earlier as i would love to have joined your meet up,hope i can join your sept one

Highlighted

Me too I hope x

Highlighted

Sorry about yesterday - I WILL make it next month!!!

Sarah x

Highlighted

Great to meet up yesterday, hope some more people can make it next time. We were thinking of the 14th September for the next one.

Highlighted

Just to say how much I enjoyed meeting up today with Annes, starryskys and Daisey May. Many thanks for organising Anne.
Pamx

Highlighted

Hi all,

Apologies for tomorrow but im unable to make it due to personal probs, hope you all have a great time and a well deserved catch up.

Take care

Michelle

Highlighted

Hi Anne - pleased the scan was fine!

I really hope I can make the meeting tomorrow. However, I have had a nasty bug for a few days- caught off my son, of course! - and I still do not feel well. Have a great time if I don't see you all,

Sarah x

Highlighted

Bumping this up!!

Highlighted

Hi all,
Looking forward to tomorrow. Just booked Ruby Tuesdays,Upper Eastside,St Davids Centre,Cardiff for tomorrow,Wednesday 3rd August. It doesn't actually open till 12pm so have booked it for 12pm under my name of Anne Shingler as I completely forgot about the Brown name thing!!. Have booked for 6 in case more want to come and am sure it can be extended if necessary!I will be around Ruby Tuesdays from 11.30 in case anyone comes early or doesn't see this message.
See you all then xx

Highlighted

Hey i'm able to make it too......spoke to staff and changed time of zometa to pm. Glad all was well on the scan anne. Looking foward to meeting everyone. Is it booked in the name Brown? Pam

Highlighted

Hi all,
Just to let you know my scan was fine with nothing untoward showing! I'd been feeling so much better the week leading up to it and the day after I got the good results got another bad headache with nausea and diarrhoea!!I think I just need to slow down and take things easier!!
Anyway am very much looking forward to Ruby Tuesdays from 11.30am this Wed Aug 3rd. So far starryskies,daisy-may,sarah68 and me are confirmed with herbgarden a possible too. Anyone else is very welcome. Hope sendellm might be able to make it too? All are welcome. The more the merrier.
Looking forward to it.
Anne xx

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming 3 August at 11.30 at Ruby Tuesdays. Looking forward to meeting all who can make it.
Big thanks to Anne for sorting it, hope you are feeling better. x

Starryskiesx