cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

AnneS

Re: Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Hi all,
Just realised that the first Friday in Feb is next Friday! Don't know where the time goes! Am really sorry to be a party pooper again but am going to be in Swansea for a music festival that day so can't make it and am still sporting this cold and cough which doesn't seem to want to completely shift!
It's so tricky to get a mutually suitable date but am sure it will happen eventually!
Am currently fine for Friday 2nd March which would be great for a meetup if others are interested.
How are you doing Starryskies and how were your scan results?
Hope everybody's doing ok?
very warm wishes to you all
Anne xxx

starryskies

Thanks Anne, this will be my second brain scan in a year so all appendages crossed that it's still nowt to do with the cancer. Prof says its unlikely for the bone mets to go to the brain but you know how worrying ANYTHING different is from what appears our 'norm'!
Think I'll go back to doc and get more antibiotics and try to get rid of my cough too.
I have officially retired now and enjoying ourselves, travelling lots and still ticking off the Bucket List.

Very best wishes to all.

cathyxx

AnneS

Lovely to hear from you Starryskies. I had been wondering if you were ok.
I hope your cough will go soon and that all is ok with your CT and brain scan. I have twice(2years apart)had to have a brain scan after constant migraines etc but both have been clear and the sereis of migraines and bad headaches I was having over the summer have disappeared now. I've not been without some sort of cough for 13 months now (scans have shown nothing new)but it's been particularly bad with this bug since mid November. Just finished my 3rd lot of antibiotics and feeling a lot better in myself but the cough still remains!!
Have a lovely time in Tenerife and hope to see you in March.
Anne xx

starryskies

Hi all,
I haven't been online for a while and sounds like I have had same bug as Ann - still have horrid cough after nearly a month and Covonia is my constant tipple.
Can't make the 3 Feb meet as off to the sunshine of Tenerife to see my sis who lives there, and hopefully feel better with the sun on my poor bones. Got CT scan and brain scan on Friday as having rotten headaches every morning still.
Wish everybody well.

Starryskies x

hymil

Very glad your X-Ray was good Anne. Here's a virtual hot-honey and lemon (with your favourite tipple if appropriate!) and best wishes.

AnneS

Hi all,
Welcome Marina.Hope to meet up with you soon. Thanks for the Haven reminder - I had seen something about it a while back for forgot about it so will book on if there's still places.

My cold and bad chesty cough are still hanging on but my chest xray last week was thankfully clear. I started on a new and my 3rd anitbiotics since before Christmas today so am hoping by the end of the 7 day course I will finally be cold-free!!
So I think it best if I don't come on Friday as I don't want to pass on any germs as am still full of cold.
I know a lovely lady offline who is keen to come and free on Friday.If there are other takers you're welcome to meet up at Trenchers anyway. Just let people know via this thread and I'll let my friend know too.
Looking forward to seeing whoever can come on Friday 3rd Feb. I better be cold-free by then or I'll go stir-crazy!!
Anne x

daisy_may

Thanks for the Haven mention, I have just signed up, there is a secondary support day in Cardiff on 15th February too, for all the secondary ladies.

Goosey

Hiya Ladies! I am new to the site - dx in nov 2011 - am interested in meeting up but 1st chemo fri 13 and 2nd on 3rd feb!! Hopefully will work for march meet!! anyone going to haven thing on 7 feb in cardiff?

Marina xx

Welsh_girl

Just butting in here to say hello to Annys. How are you doing?
Would love to hear how you're getting on...
I'm fine but had a bad year with two fractures in 2011 which really affected everything to do with 'normal' living!!! Osteoporosis dx now just like my Mum,with biphosphonates provided!!
Not too sure of all the se's so GP still playing around with the formula. It all takes so long....
Really hope you're doing ok.

Wendy x

AnneS

Hi all,
great to hear from a few of you and glad you're all still keen to meet up.
Still full of cold despite being on my second lot of antibiotics - I'll have days where it seems to be on the way out and then the next day is back with a vengeance!
Still hoping to meet next Friday 13th at Trenchers Cafe from 11.30am and have one offline taker already but I won't come if still have the cold as it's just not fair on anyone.
Hope your cold clears up soon too LoupyLou and really hope the pain you've been having gets sorted out and that your scans are ok. Looking forward to meeting you when you're able.
Shame you can't make the next meets Annys but look forward to seeing you in March hopefully.

Anne x

annys

Hi Anne
Ive only just come on here for the first time since before xmas so missed your plan to meet on 6th January. I can't make 3rd Feb as I'm going to Ireland for the rugby. I have a physio appt on 13th unfortunately but now that a definite date of first Friday of the month has been established I can steer apts away from that date. It's a brill idea and will save you having to organise dates all the time.
Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I hope you're feeling better now. I'm so looking forward to meeting you and all the others in our area.

Annys xx

loupylou

Hi Anne, I'm also full of cold and it seems to be taking ages to go. I've had a chest x-ray and an abdome scan today. I've had some very uncomfortable pain in my liver/rib area so feeling a bit miserable. Hope to eventually get to a Cardiff meet up. Hope you feel better soon. Lou x

tob21

Hi AnneS, not been on here for a while so only just seen this, as i said i work 7 on 7 off shifts so can't make the 6th but can make the 13th,sorry to here your not feeling very well hope you get better soon,will keep an eye on here to see whats happening ,hope to see you on 13th lots of love x

AnneS

bump!

hymil

Hi Anne, sorry I only just saw this. Hope your cold gets better soon and the chest x-ray doesn't show anything nasty. It sounds very like the cold I had right through sept/oct/nov, it did clear eventually but I hadn't known there was so much snot in the whole world!
Ps would love to meet up again, but currently trying to get involved in a voluntary role friday mornings, and not sure when it might start. Fri 13th, hope you're not superstitious!

AnneS

Hi all,
Not heard from anyone yet- probably still recovering after all the festivities! Hope everyone is doing as well as they can.
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it on Friday as I've been struggling with my immune system for a while now and have just had a continuous cold,chesty cough,bad throat,lethargy since September and the cough has come back with a vengeance after Christmas and am back on my 2nd lot of antibiotics. I'm getting used to but highly fed up of having a perpetual bad cold and was sent for a chest xray yesterday but I don't want to pass on any germs to others especially those on treatment. Do go ahead and meet without me if there are those that would like to or we could postpone this month's meet-up to next Friday Jan 13th for all who can make it and I just hope these antibiotics will have got rid of these germs by then!Otherwise the next meet-up will be Friday 3rd Feb at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place from 11.30am if there are enough takers.
Take care all,
Anne x

AnneS

bump!
Really hope I'm not going to be Billy no mates on Friday!!
Hoping to get the New Year started with a good chat.
x

AnneS

bump! Hoping to see as many as possible this Friday Jan 6th in Trenchers Deli Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff from 11.30am.
Let me know if you are hoping to come so I know who to look out for.
Happy New Year everybody!
xx

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

Hi all,
Hope you all managed to have as good a Christmas as possible. I wnet away to the Isle of Wight and had a lovely time despite my persistent cough - Covonia and Benylin are marvellous but still it persists!

Just a reminder that there will be a meetup in Trenchers Deli-cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff (off Queen Street near the Capitol Centre end)from 11.30am on Friday January 6th and on every first Friday of every month thereafter for any primary or secondary ladies who would like a natter,coffee,lunch,whatever in understanding company.

It would be great to see as many as possible and to establish this as a regular meetup.

Very best wishes to you all,

Anne xx

tob21

Hi AnneS,I think thats a great idea, I work 7 on 7 off shift so I'll be able to make some of the meet ups xxxx

loupylou

Hi Anne, that sounds good to me. I really hope I can make the next meet up. Lou x

daisy_may

Hi
The first Friday of the month works for me, my treatment is usually at the beginning of the week.

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

Hi all,
Unfortunately there were only 2 of us today in Trenchers Cafe,Cardiff but it was still very nice!

I know there is interest in meeting up and getting a regular thing going but it's always going to be difficult to get a date we all can do.
I therefore suggest that we try to set up a regular date which I suggest as the first Friday in every month which would be easy for us all to remember. I am happy to come no matter what (unless not well enough)and hopefully in time we will get a regular flow of interest as I do think many of us need a regular supportive but informal outlet to meet like-minded individuals.
What does everybody think? All are welcome.
If there is enough interest shall we kick off the New Year with a meetup on Friday 6th January at Trenchers Care,Windsor Place,Cardiff from 11.30am.
Wishing everybody all the very best over Christmas.
Love Anne xx

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

Bumping it up! Come and join us for a pre-Christmas meet-up and natter at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff this Thursday from 11.30am.

All are welcome.

Anne x

AnneS

Hi All,
So sorry to hear your can't make it Annys but I look forward to meeting you in the New Year hopefully.
Just bumping up that there's a meet-up this Thurs 8th December at Trenchers Deli-Cafe on Windsor Place,Cardiff from 11.30am.
There's only me and tob21 as definites at the moment so really hope to see some more faces too. Trying to get something off the ground in Cardiff so would really be lovely to welcome whoever would like to join us for an informal natter.

Anne x

annys

Hi Everyone
I posted a comment last week explaining why I can't make nest Thursday's meet up. Somehow it didn't show up as a posting, as I've only now realised.

I'm sooo disappointed not to be there but I've been asked to dosome extra days in work and as my hubbie has recently been made redundant I can't afford to turn down work. But I'm so disappointed! Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.
Hope you all have a great time.
Annys xx

loupylou

Sorry I will miss the meet up yet again. My mammogram was cancelled yesterday due to the strike and has been re-scheduled for next week. Hope everyone has a good time x

tob21

Hi AnneS, yes I can make it on the 8th looking forward to seeing you all xxx

AnneS

Just bumping this up and hoping to see as many as possible for a meet-up and natter at Trenchers Cafe and Deli in Windsor Place,Cardiff (off Queen Street and near Capitol shopping centre) on Thursday 8th December from 11.30 onwards.
Glad you can come Annys. Hope some more can join us too.
Both primaries and secondaries welcome.

Anne x

annys

Hi Everyone
I'd be up for Thursday 8th Dec. Look forward to meeting others there,
Annys xx

annys

Hi Everyone
I'd be up for Thursday 8th Dec. Look forward to meeting others there,
Annys xx

AnneS

Anybody up for a meet-up at Trenchers,Windsor Place,Cardiff on Thursday 8th December from 11.30am?
All are welcome. xx

daisy_may

I will be in London with my daughter from 6th to 10th December. I see there is a secondary support course in Cardiff on 15th Feb. Would be good if enough people signed up for this one, last one was cancelled as too few people signed up. I have lots of free time in January, apart from next CT scan(ugh).

AnneS

Hi again,
Anybody up for a meetup on Thursday 8th December at Trenchers cafe in Windsor Place from 11.30am. Would be lovely to see as many as possible for a pre-Christmas natter.
If walking through Queen Street with the big Capitol Shopping centre on your right you want to take the next turning on your left(old Barclays Bank on the corner which has recently become something else and Hobbs&Phase Eight on Queen Street are opposite the turning)which is Windsor Place with the Promised Land Bar on your left and a Wetherspoons pub on your right and Trenchers is just a few yards on your left from Promised Land Bar.
If this is too tricky to find we can make it a different venue.
Sorry to hear you've not been too good Loupy Lou. Hope you're feeling better and it would be lovely to meet you.

Take care all,

Anne xx

loupylou

Hello ladies, unfortnately I haven't been feeling too good but have MRI's and bloods lined up. Would be good to make a December meet but I cannot locate Trenchers for the life of me! X

hymil

Woop Woop Woop, well done!!

AnneS

Hi all,
Sorry have not been on for a while. I won both my classes last weekend in the competition in London and am now shattered and recovering to get ready for next weekend back in London when I've got 5 classes!
Unfortunately I can't now do the 25th as I've already been asked to perform in the prizewinners concert at the festival in London on 27th and have just booked my train for the Friday lunchtime as it was cheaper tickets than the Saturday.
As November is rather crazy for me and I unfortunately get really tired and not well in between why don't you go ahead and meet on the Fri Nov 25th as I don't want these meetings to fizzle out.
I will suggest some dates for December which of course gets busy for us all but it would be really lovely to see as many of you as possible before Christmas.
I can do Thurs 8th,Fri 9th,Thurs 15th.
Sorry I've been off the radar a bit. I hope that my immune system will improve!!
Love and best wishes to you all.

daisy_may

Hi
The only date I am around is the 25th Nov. and the ladies I met at the secondary support group in Bristol are coming to Cardiff that day. If you are meeting that day maybe we could all get together, I would have to ask them.
Scan results last week were good, no progression on the exemestane.
Su x

tob21

Hi AnneS, how did the competition go in London ? Hope your feeling better now ,looking forward to the November meet up IS IT STILL ON lots of love xx

tob21

Hi Annes,sorry you're not feeling to good ,hope the competition in London goes well.hope to see you in November lots of love x

annys

Hi Anne
Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Don't worry about postponing Thursday. As long as we can make the next one a Thurs or Fri I don't mind. Any of those dates you mentioned are fine for me. Hope your piano event goes well in London.Keep us posted to let us know how you got on.
Annys xxx

AnneS

Hi all,as there are only Annys and me so far for Thursday with daisy-may a possible I wonder if it would be better to make it another day. I've been struggling with health and tiredness lately and actually could do with a rest day on Thursday and time to practise for a piano competition I'm doing in London in under a fortnight.
Sorry to be a party pooper but perhaps it is better all round to pick another day where more people may be able to come.
For me a date after November 14th would be better. I know someone preferred Thurs or Fri and am free on Friday 18th,25th,28th,29th November.
Really hope we can get something together in November.
Love and best wishes to all,
Anne x

annys

bump

tob21

Hi all, not going to be able to come on thursday have been called into work on overtime, oh gutted, hope you all have a lovely time , hope to see you all next time xxx

AnneS

bump!