cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

AnneS

Re: Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Hi all,
Hope everyone's enjoying this nice weather while it lasts! It's coming up to the next meet-up.
We'll be meeting at Trenchers Deli Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff (with all the scaffolding outside)on Friday 3rd August from 11.30am. All welcome -new and old! Looking forward to seeing you there. Let me know if you're tinking of coming so I can look out for you.

Take care
Anne xx

annys

Hi Su
I've been called into work this Friday so can't make it. I'm going to be working full time from Sept to Dec so I will be missing a few autumn meetings too. Hope to see you all soon.
Annys x

daisy_may

Anyone up for a meeting thid Friday ?
Su

tob21

Thanks AnneS I'm doing ok hope you have a lovely time in sunny Sardinia, hope to see you in august x

AnneS

Bump!

AnneS

Hi All,
Sending positive vibes and warm wishes to everyone.
Glad you've had your op Tracey and really hope your recovery goes smoothly and that you're being spoiled!
It's coming up to the next meet-up time on Friday 6th July at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff(with the big scaffolding up outside!) from 11.30am. I'm going to be in Sunny Sardinia so won't be there and I know others may be away.
Is anyone going along?It would be good even if it was just a few of you but best to confirm on here so that someone isn't waiting alone!
I am free on Friday 3rd August so hope to see as many of there as possible.
Love,
Anne xx

tob21

Hi all, sorry didn't make the june meet but was getting ready to have my L D flap recon . well I.ve had it now and am recovering at home now so not going to make the july meet now hope to be in the august one , hope your all doing good
Tracey x

daisy_may

Sorry I didn't make, we went off in the campervan.
Su

AnneS

Whoops - just realsied I forgot to put the date on my last post! It's tomorrow Friday June 1st from 11.30am at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff (off Queen Street near Capitol centre and Queen Street station end)
x

AnneS

Just bumping this up! Looking forward to the meet-up at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff (not sure if it's still got all the scaffolding up which obscures it from view but it is there and still in full operation!
Anyone with BC welcome old and new faces! We'll be there for a natter,coffee/lunch from 11.30am.
Do come and join us !
Anne xx

annys

Hi everyone I'm also hoping to meet up with you all on 1st JuneAnnys x

daisy_may

Hoping to be there again this time
Su

AnneS

Hi All,
It's coming up to the next meet-up at Trencher's Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff on Friday 1st June from 11.30am.
Anne,you're most welcome and looking forward to meeting you.
Open to all who fancy a natter over coffee/lunch.

Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Love Anne xx

scotianne

Hi, will there be a meeting on 1st June. I haven't been before and it would be nice to have a natter.
Anne xx

Singing

Hi ladies,

I've been browsing this forum and I had to join. I'm currently setting up a very special singing group in Cardiff with rehearsals starting mid-June. It's for anybody currently undergoing treament or coming to the end of treatment. You don't have to be a singer to join!

Previous research on this has shown amazing results in those involved - happier, more social, wellbeing, social functioning are improved.

If any of you are keen to take part please let me know! There are going to be some special surprises along the way leading up to the big performance after rehearsals.

If travel is an issue (whether you live in Cardiff or outside) your travel will be covered!

Would love to you all more if you're interested.

contact email: hour_glass{at}live(dot)com

Sarah x
AnneS

Am looking forward to meeting old and new faces at the monthly informal meet-up in Trenchers Cafe, Windsor Place,Cardiff from 11.30am tomorrow Friday 4th May.
I was in Cardiff today and there is huge scaffolding up right in front of and on the Trenchers building completely obscuring the cafe and its name from view but just go in the pedestrian walkway in the scaffolding and the cafe is operating as normal! I'll be inside as you won't see me from the outside due to the scaffolding!!
Anne xx

AnneS

Bump!

AnneS

Am looking forward to the next meet-up next Friday 4th May from 11.30am at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff(just off Queen Street near station end and near Capitol Centre.
All welcome. There were 6 of us last month and it was a good session.
I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it but can now so looking forward to it.

Anne xx

annys

Hi there
Looking forward to meeting up on May 4. How did your results go Daisy May?

Annys x

tob21

Hi,nearly time for they next meet-up so just bumping it up xx

loupylou

Sorry to have missed yet another meet up but I haven't been well - first with cellulitis then another infection which has been pretty horrible 😞 Hope to meet you all soon!

AnneS

bump

daisy_may

I'll be there.

AnneS

bump!

tob21

Just bumping this up xx

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

Just bumping this up!
Looking forward to seeing old and new faces at the meet-up at Trenchers Deli-Cafe,Windsor Place Cardiff from 11.30am this Good Friday.
x

annys

Hi Anne
I'll be coming on Friday. Look forward to catching up with everyone then.

Annys x

tob21

hi Annes, will be there on friday x

AnneS

Bump!

AnneS

Dear All,
I'm looking forward to our next Cardiff meet-up in Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff on Good Friday 6th April from 11.30am.
All welcome - come along and have a natter and catch-up.

Anne xx

tob21

So glad to hear that the meet-up went well and I will be able to come to the April meet-up ,its my day off x

starryskies

Sorry to have missed another meet-up but glad to hear it went well. Can't make the Good Friday meet but have pencilled in the May date just in case.

Regards all.

Starryskiesx

AnneS

It was lovely to have 5 of us at the Cardiff meet-up on Friday and lovely to see some new faces.
Am very much looking forward to the next monthly meetup on Good Friday April 6th at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff at 11.30am.
All are welcome. We meet every month on the first Friday of the month.

Looking forward to it.
Anne xx

annys

Hi Anne.
Thanks for organising yesterday's meeting. It was great to meet u all. I had a full session of retail therapy after we all left which was terribly naughty but awfully nice!! Nice to meet Daisy May too and the other ladies. Looking forward to the next meeting in April.
Annys x

loupylou

Anne, so sorry am missing you again. Lots going on and starting another 3 weeks of MLD. Hope I can make a Friay soon. Lou x

annys

Hi Anne. Thanks for the directions. I'm coming in on the train so I may not b there dead on 11.30. Looking forward to the meet up. Annys x

AnneS

All welcome at the meet-up at Trenchers,Windsor Place,Cardiff tomorrow at 11.30am.
Annexx

AnneS

Looking forward to meeting you Annys. I think there might be 2 Trenchers cafes in Cardiff but this one in Windsor Place only opened up fairly recently. I regularly park there which is why I saw it when it first opened. If walking down Queen street from St Davids Centre Windsor Place is the first turning left after you pass the huge Capitol Centre and Trenchers is just a few hundred yards down Windsor Place on your lefthand side if coming from that direction. There is a big Wetherspoons pub opposite and plenty of bars around Windsor Place but it is not a big road.
Hope you find it. I'll PM you with my mobile in case you get lost!
Anne xx

annys

Hi Everyone
Looking forward to meeting up on Friday 2 March. Hope I'll find Trenchards ok. I thought I knew Cardiff like the back of my hand but I haven't heard of this place.
Annys xx

tob21

Hi AnneS , glad your latest scan is all clear ,have a lovely time on friday,wish I could come ,but hope to see you all in April x

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

bump!

AnneS

Hi,really looking forward to the meet-up at Trenchers,Windsor Place,(just off Queen Street and is the first turning left after the Capitol Centre if walking down Queen Street from St Davids Centre direction)next Friday 2nd March from 11.30am.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible. All are welcome.
Had the wonderful news this week that my latest PET scan is still clear which is such a relief as I was getting very worked up about it.
Take care all,

Anne xx

Goosey

If all goes well with FEC 3 on Friday (as it has before!) I will be there!

Marina

annys

Hi everyone

Hope I'll be there too on 2 March.

Annys xx

tob21

Hi all, hope you all have a lovely time on friday 2nd march and hope to meet all the new people AnneS met at the Haven in April xx

AnneS

Looking forward to the next meet-up on Friday 2nd March at Trenchers Deli-Cafe on Windsor Place from 11.30am,just off Queens Street (Queen street station end)turning on the left just after the Capitol Centre if coming from St Davids Centre direction.
All welcome and we're trying to get a regular informal meet-up going on the first Friday of each month for a get together and eating and drinking! Looking forward to welcoming new faces especially some of those I met last week at the Haven Introduction day in Cardiff.

Anne x

tob21

Hi all, friday is the start of my working week so can't come on the 3rd feb. just looked at first friday in march and i'm in work again.but its my friday off in april so hope to see you all then xx

starryskies

Hi all,

I can't make next Friday either as off to see my sis who lives in Tenerife. I can make 2 March so will write it in quickly to make sure I remember.
Scan news was mixed, the brain scan clear so no worries there BUT the cancer has progressed further in my pelvis and vertebrae. I just knew cos I haven't been myself lately, full of aches and pains and not rushing around like normal. Prof PBL has changed my chemo straight away, so started on Vinorelbine the next day and warning that if this doesn't work than it's only IV chemo from then on. YUK!
Will do a note in the treatment section to get feedback - any of you South Walians been on vinorelbine??

We are down at our cottage in West Wales, so off to see the Scarletts play later and just chillin, done our RSPB bird count which is a great way to enjoy a cuppa and last slice of Christmas cake!!

Hope you are all keeping well?

Starryskies aka Cathyx