cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

266 REPLIES 266
Highlighted

Re: Anyone fancy a South Wales meet-up?

Sorry haven't been on here again for a little while. There are a few of us from here going to be meeting at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff,tomorrow (Wed 6th)for coffee/lunch from 11.30am so if anyone else is free to join us they'd be most welcome.

Anne x

Highlighted

Just to say I'm very much looking forward to the meetup next Wednesday but I'm probably not going to be able to get there until midday. Feel free to meet up from 11.30 if you'd still like to and I'll be as long as soon as I can around 12pm.

Looking forward to it.

Anne x 

Highlighted

Hope to be there, too! xx

Highlighted

I'll be there! xxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Will try my best to get there, about time I had a day out in Cardiff, I will put it on my calendar. Marion
Highlighted

I really enjoyed meeting up too and lovely to see 2 new faces.

Who woud be up for the next meetup on Wednesday 2nd October at 11.30am at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff.

All ladies with secondaries welcome for informal chat over coffee &/or lunch!

Love,

Anne x

Highlighted

Morning!  it was lovely to meet you yesterday, I really enjoyed myself.  Shall see you all next month??  xxx

Highlighted

Looking forward to meeting anyone who fancies a cooffee/lunch at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff tomorrow from 11.30am.

Anne x

Highlighted

Yes, I should be there! Looking forward to meeting you. 🙂

Highlighted

Glad you can make it Laura. I remember you posting before a while back. It will be lovely to meet you at Trenchers on Wed at 11.30am.

Are you still able to make it Angelfalls?

Really hope we get some other takers too. All welcome. Do come and join us.

Anne x

Highlighted

Hi.  Would love to meet up with you all..So it's wednesday 11am at Trenchers cafe?  better dust off the old sat nav!  looking forward to it.  Laura x

Highlighted

That's great Su-bee! Looking forward to catching up.

Hope more will come too. Anyone with BC welcome.  Do join us.

Anne x

Highlighted

Hi, I lost my login so I am now su-bee (was Daisy-may ) looks like I won't  be away on holiday until after next Thursday so I will be there next Wednesday Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi, I can't make next week unfortunately, but hopefully will be able to meet the next time. Marion
Highlighted

I'm happy to meet next Wednesday Angelfalls and have left messages for 3 offline friends to see if they can come too. One may be able to if not away on holiday.

All welcome for a meetup at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff at 11.30am on Wednesday 11th September! Do come and have a chat over coffee/lunch etc. Would be great to see you.

Anne x

Highlighted

I could do next Wednesday, but not Friday...

Highlighted

Hi All,

I haven't been on the site for ages so sorry for lack of replies. The meetups had fizzled a bit but I'd be delighted to help get them going again on a regular basis. 

We had been meeting on the 1st Friday of every month but this wasn't good for everyone. It's impossible to suit everyone but would be good to have a regular day and time for people to come when they can.

For me the best day is a Wednesday or Friday. How about we fix something up for next week and then discuss future meetings. I really enjoyed these informal meetups over coffee and/or lunch.

We were meeting regularly at Trenchers Deli/Cafe in Windsor Place (which has disabled parking for those of us with Blue badges)from 11.30am but if others prefer another place that's fine too.

I'm so pleased there does seem more interest for this as I feel in need of this extra support at the moment.

Anyone free to have an initial meetup at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff (just off Queen Street station end of Queen Street near Capitol Centre) either next Wednesday 11th or Friday 13th(hopefully lucky for us!!)Sep?

It would be really lovely to revive these meetups and to welcome new faces.

I will check back regularly and really hope we can get something going.

Anne x

Highlighted

Hi there, I may be interested in a South Wales meet up, am living in Swansea.
Marion
Highlighted

Morning!  not too many responses?!!  perhaps the group have gone onto other things.. happy to meet up. There was a fairly recent thread of sauth wales ladies introducing themselves, perhaps we could make contact with them on their thread and ask them as well?  laura xx

Highlighted

Hello! I was just wondering if these meet-ups are still happening. If so, when is the next one? I've just taken early retirement from work because of my treatment for secondaries and would like to join you if I can... xx

Highlighted

hi my name is lollypop, i would like to meet up with everybody on the 30th june, dx originally sept 2010 with ibc then lung secondries 2011 march it would be nice to talk with others that are in the same situation, this illness can get very lonely nice to meet you all. xx

Highlighted

Hi All,
I'm able to to come to the next meet-up on Friday 5th April and it woud be great to see a good group of us there - both old and new faces welcome and both primaries and secondaries, for an informal lunch meet-up at Trenchers Cafe in Windsor Place,Cardiff from 11.30am.
Am looking forward to it but do let me know if you're intending on coming so I can look out for you!
Anne

Highlighted

Hi Annys. Lovely to hear from you. Yes we are still meeting up.....and missing you! Glas work is going well.Venice was fantastic...we were very lucky with the weather throughout the cruise. Amsterdam for 3 days in a couple of weeks! Still on capecitabine...waiting for review scan. Keep in touch. Pamx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone
Feeling very guilty about not keeping in touch although first FRi of every month I am thinking of you all. My full time working has been extended until possibly the end of summer term, This is not set in stone but I will be back part time after that so I will be able to make the meetings again.
I was very saddened to hear about Angela. My heart goes out to her family. I only met her a few times but she made a deep impression on me. I hope Roz, Pam and Su are keeping well. Although I sent Anne a text to thank her for telling me about Angela I didn't get round to enquiring about her health too. Hope you are keeping well and that Venice last autumn was a fantastic experience. Will be in touch again soon.

Love Annys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

That's great to hear Pam. It'll be lovely to see you as it's been a while. Su,Roz and a lady called Mandy are also hoping to come so it will be nice to catch up.
Love Anne x

Highlighted

That's great to hear Pam. It'll be lovely to see you as it's been a while. Su,Roz and a lady called Mandy are also hoping to come so it will be nice to catch up.
Love Anne x

Highlighted

hi Anne, i am hoping to make the meet up on Friday. i have a zometa appt in Nantgarw at 10.30 but will turn up promptly and hope to be away by 11.30. May be a little late! Pamx

Highlighted

Bump!

Highlighted

Hi all! Really hoping to revive these meet-ups for 2013. We've been going since 2011 and it would be a shame to let it go as they're always so enjoyable when we do manage it.
I have 2 ladies offline who are definitely up for the next meet-up to be on Friday 1st February from 11.30am in Trenchers Deli-cafe in Windsor Place (just off Queen st station end of Queen street) next turning on left from Capitol Centre if coming from St Davids Centre direction.)
We'll be meeting from 11.30am and all are welcome at whatever stage of treatment or the disease. New faces most welcome. We're a friendly bunch!
Please let me know if you intend coming to I can look out for you.
Best wishes to all,
Anne xx

Highlighted

bump! Really hoping to see old and new faces on Friday 7th December for our final meetup at Trenchers Care,Windsor Place from 11.30am.
x

Highlighted

bump! Really hoping to see old and new faces on Friday 7th December for our final meetup at Trenchers Care,Windsor Place from 11.30am.
x

Highlighted

Hi All,
It's been quiet on here lately! Hope everyone is doing ok! I'm looking forward to the next meet which will be on Friday 7th December(next week)at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place from 11.30am. I hope as many as possible will come for our final get together of 2012 as I haven't seen many of you for ages.
All welcome.
Please let me know if you're coming so I can look out for you.
Best wishes,
Anne x

Highlighted

Hi Lollypop, you would be very welcome to meet with us. We tend to meet the first friday of the month...not sure if anyone is meeting today but I will post again prior to Dec meeting. Pamx

Highlighted

hi ladies,
i was dx in sept 2010 with ibc plus her2 positive, then dx with secondrys to lungs feb 2011, and i would very much like to meet up after christmas, i am currently on capecitibine and tykerb and i have to clear scans so far i will keep my eye on this thread for any meet ups after christmas.
lollypop

Highlighted

Hi all,
I haven't been online for ages as having a grim year. Herbgarden thanks for getting in touch.
Glad to see you have been attempting to meet up, despite various medical and home emergencies! AND LOVELY HOLIDAYS....
Can't make Friday 1 Nov as got my CT scan, got a 'deranged' liver tumour marker this time?!
Enjoy meeting up and will go online more to check up on lifr.

Starry Skiesx

Highlighted

Sorry everyone....won't be able to make the meet up on friday. tied up with my mum! best wishes Pamx

Highlighted

Sorry everyone....won't be able to make the meet up on friday. tied up with my mum! best wishes Pamx

Highlighted

Am so sorry! Just seen this and realised I completely forgot about Friday and forgot to mark it in my diary!! Hope some ladies turned up!
I can't come in November as I'll be in Venice! I hope to make December though.
Hope everybody is doing ok.
Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi
I intend to come tomorrow.
Sorry about last month, my 9-11 devivery slot turned up at 1.30.
Su x

Highlighted

Hi south wales ladies! Is anyone able to meet this Friday, Trenchers, in Cardiff at 11.30? Hope to see you there. Pamx

Highlighted

Hi
I'm hoping to be there, have to wait for a delivery first.
Su xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone. I'm afraid im unable to make this month. taking son back to uni in glasgow and then having a short break in scotland....1 cant wait! Hopfully see everyone next month. Pamx

Highlighted

hello all I am down in tenby, a bit far but would travel to meet up, if any stage BC people are allowed to come along :-), cant make this septemeber meeting but will keep an eye on thread for october etc. enjoy xx

Highlighted

Looking forward to seeing old and new faces at the monthly meet-up for all who have had a diagnosis of breast cancer at any stage this Friday 7th September from 11.30am at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,Cardiff,CF10 3BX(off Queen St station end of Queen st near Capitol centre)with scaffolding outside!
All welcome - informal&friendly.
See you there!
Anne x

Highlighted

Hi Augusta19,
Sorry to be slow to respond. I've been away. You'd be very welcome to join us whenever you can. They are completely informal unstructured meetings and both primary and secondary ladies are welcome and we have pretty equal numbers of both although probably slightly more with secondaries.
We meet regularly on the first Friday of each month from 11.30am at Trenchers Cafe,Windsor Place,off Queens Street (Queen Street station end and near the Capitol Centre.

The next meeting will be next week on Friday 7th August.
It would be lovely to see you there.
Best wishes,
Anne

Highlighted

Hello All
I am looking to join a group of ladies with secondary breast cancer in Cardiff. I'm 48 diagnised with breast cancer in 2008 and bone mets in 2010. Do you meet often and would I be able to join you? I still work part-time so may not be able to make all meetings, would that be Ok?

Highlighted

Hi all, I'm hoping to be there tomorrow also. Looking foward to meeting all....old and new. Pamx

Highlighted

Hi All,
Looking forward to hopefully seeing some faces tomorrow at Trenchers Deli Cafe,Windsor Place off Queen Street which is (Queen Street station end)the turning opposite the Capitol centre (on left if coming from St Davids Centre-right if coming from Queen St station). It has scaffolding completely surrounding it at the moment and is a street with disabled parking spaces and a Wetherspoons pub opposite.
Hi Horsie - sorry have only just seen your post - would love you to join us - have been away so only just replying now so I hope you see this! If you're coming from Central station then best to walk through St. Davids centre to Queen street -turn right out of St Daivds and walk towards the big Capitol Centre and Windsor Place is the turning on the left around there. I will PM you with my mobile number in case you get lost.
Hope to see you. I'll be there from 11.30am.
Anne

Highlighted

Hi Anne
I hope to be there on Friday. Look forward to hearing about your holiday.
Annys xx

Highlighted

Hi Anne,
I would love to come, am moving back to Wales after being abroad and would love to meet others. I will catch teh train from where I live, er...where is Trenchers from the train station?