Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone form Cornwall?

7 REPLIES 7
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone form Cornwall?

Hello
Don't know whether anyone is still looking at this thread?
I am from Cornwall as well and happy to chat.
Diagnosed just after Easter with LCIS (some invasive cells) and had mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy 1st May when they also found some evidence of DCIS. Had to have a mastectomy because of size of lump in relation to boob (A cup only..). However, it was the right decision as there was another large area of tissue that was "changed". It seems I have been very lucky as there is no spread to the lymph nodes and they can only find a small area of cancerous tissue so I won't have to have chem and maybe not rads. Am waiting (still) for the very final results but they have said that even if there is anything in there it will be so minute it won't make much difference. Op at Hayle -under Mr Brown (who I think is great) and will go back for a reconstruction later on at some point. Not to interfere with a planned trip to Peru next year and a trek up Macchu Picchu which I am setting my sights on......
Massive shock of course -it felt for weeks as though I was talking about someone else having bc not me. Friends and family have been great -next hurdle will be prosthesis and buying the swimsuit...anyone know of anywhere good Cornwall or Plymouth?
Hope you have recovered well from your op Sue

ForumMember

Hi Ducky

There are a couple of Breast Cancer Care's support services that might be of interest to you as they can offer help and support via the telephone if you feel that this may suit you.

Breast Cancer Care's telephone support group is a chance to get together once a week to talk with people who've been there. Linked together by phone in comfortable surroundings, you can express your feelings and discuss the practical and emotional impact of living with breast cancer. The groups will be particularly useful for you if you feel isolated. The groups are completely free (we pay for the phone calls) and as long as you have access to a phone and have a quiet private place from which to call, you can join us from anywhere in the UK.

There is also Breast Cancer Care's peer support service. The telephone service aims to quickly put you in touch with one of our trained peer supporters, who has had a personal experience of breast cancer. Our peer supporters are from diverse backgrounds and ages and have experienced different types of breast cancer and treatments. They are ready to listen, offer skilled emotional support and share their experiences and understanding.

For more information about these and our other support services available to you, please telephone our helpline on 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm) or email:

info@breastcancercare.org.uk

Best wishes
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ducky
I am from Cornwall as well, I had a Masectomy in Oct. at West Cornwall and total Node Clearance in Nov. at St Michaels in Hayle. I am under Mr Patterson at the Mermaid centre.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi again Ducky

If you do not want to chat publicly, you could send a private message.
I can also recommend to breast care nurses at the Mermaid centre, they are all very helpful and will call you back if they are not immediately available and should be able to answer any questions.

Good luck, you'll get through eventually.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

I am in North Cornwall, near Camelford. I am with Mr Brown. I had my sentinel node dissection at Treliske, then the mx and recon. in Hayle.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm under Mr Bourne at Treliske.

I asked about re-construction, but due to complications with my health,
(I have Dilate Cardiomyopathy which is an enlarged heart problem), I can't be considered at this time.

Where abouts are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm just outside Hayle.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

I am from Cornwall I would be happy to chat with you. I had a mastectomy and immediate reconstruction in Nov. last year. Which consultant are you with?

Let me know how I can help.

Regards

Guest user
Not applicable

Anyone form Cornwall?

Hi Ladies,

I'm fairly new to the site having been diagnosed about 4 weeks ago.

I'm going into hospital on 7th April, and have reached the difficult descision to have a Mastectomy. I'm not sure whether I feel strong enough to join a support group just yet, I wondered if there was anyone from Cornwall how I could "chat" to?

Sue x