Anyone from Ayrshire

Hi
Is there any one from Ayrshire going through the same as me. I was dx 6 weeks ago and since then I have had a WLE which found I had 8mm of invasive ductal cancer, and then another op to remove 6 lymph nodes for sampling. The results are good as the cancer has not spread to my lymph nodes.
I am now seeing the oncologist on Tuesday to discuss chemo as the 8mm was a grade 3, I will then have rads after that.
It would be good to chat to someone local in the same situation.
Love
Weeannie

Hiya weeannie,

Lanarkshire not Ayrshire i’m afraid. Not exactly on your doorstep but not too far. There’s also a group of girls who post on the East Kilbride / Glasgow thread - i think a few of them are away to the Young womans forum so responses might be a bit slow this weekend.

Welcome to the site and glad you’re pleased about your results. I’m only slightly further down the line - had 1 chemo session so far.

Happy to chat.

Lynn

Hi Weeannie,

I’m in Ayr but a few years down the line having had a Mastectomy with immediate recon, Chemo, Radiotherapy, Herceptin, Tamoxifen, ovaries out and now Arimidex.
Seeing the Onc on Tuesday? I take it you’re going to Crosshouse?
Best of luck and although I won’t be going through it with you, I’m always here for a chat!

Alloway

HI Weeannie,

I’m a bit further down the line too. Had 3xFEC 3xTax, Mastectomy and ANC then radiotherapy. Now having herceptin at Station 15 in Ayr every 3rd Tuesday. Next one is due on 13 April and have oncology appointment on 1st April. I had the choice of being treated at Ayr or Crosshouse. I plumped for Ayr because it’s quieter and parking is easier. The surroundings are nicer too but the oncology team are the same. I live in Troon so the distance is the same either way.

Feel free to send a private message if you think I can help. Happy to pass on tips and answer any questions.

Jan xx

Hi There,
Welcome to the site, but sorry you need to be here.Saying that, Ive found this place and all the lovely people on it a great source of info and friendship.
Im in Stranraer, so not so far away from Ayrshire-In fact, Im attending the BCC Diet/Exercise event tomorrow in Ayr.
I was dx in Oct last year and had a mx on one side. My nodes were clear and so I was ‘lucky’ to get away with Tamoxifen only.
Im back at work and doing ok-so there is light at the end of the tunnel-its just a scary, lonely journey sometimes.
If you fancy a chat sometime, feel free to message me-Im in Ayr lots for shopping!!!
Take care
Cathie x

Hi all

I am posting about a study Breast Cancer Care has funded to help us understand what information people want on how to live well after breast cancer treatment is finished. We would like to talk to people over the age of 18, who have completed treatment for breast cancer in the past 5 years and who could attend a focus group in London, Cardiff or Glasgow. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.

Results of this study will help inform the creation of a new patient resource designed to help people to move forward with their lives after breast cancer.

For more details and how to take part please see this link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/help-us-create-resources-for-people-after-breast-cancer-t25537.html

Best wishes
Lucy

Hello

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lorna and I am the events officer for Breast Cancer Care in Scotland. I am looking to spread the word about our wonderful Fashion Show being held this year at the Radisson SAS Hotel in Glasgow on 30th September. The show is in its 8th year and all our models have had an experience of breast cancer. It is a truly wonderful event hosting both a lunchtime and evening show. We have a lot of loyal guests who attend each year with their friends and family. The search for this year’s models is on and I wanted to let you all know about the opportunity. We are looking for twenty models from all over Scotland representing a range of ages and breast cancer experiences. If you would like to apply or would like more information about the show, please visit our webpage breastcancercare.org.uk/scottishfashionshow. The application deadline is 21st April. Tickets for the show will go on sale at the beginning of May. Please do give us a call on 0141 353 8330 with any queries about the show. Thank you very much.

‘bump’

Hi Wee annie,

Am in Ayr, was diagnosed last Nov had lumpectomy, further surgery to obtain clear margins, just finished Chemo last tue, now due to start Tamoxifen on Monday and radiation the following monday. I am 32 with 2 young kids times have been hard but finding I am now starting to feel a little more like me.

Feel free to PM me.

take care
Jill x

Hi Jill

It was good to hear from you. I had WLE and then 7 lymph nodes removed as it was a grade 3 but had clear margins. I have had 5 FEC chemos and getting my last one on 30th July, followed by 20 rads at the Beatson probably starting end of August. Also I will be starting Femara then, I had an early menopause at the age of 38 so this why they are using this tablet.

I am 52 but young at heart married and have one son aged 22 who has just graduated in Law from Glasgow University, he is now going on to do his Diploma in Legal Practise. I work as a classroom assistant at the local secondary school Loudoun Academy. I work with all different pupils who have learning or physical disabilities, I love my job and I am missing it terrible. I forget to say I live in Galston so not far from you.

I have found it hard at times to, but I try to keep a positive attitude and I am surrounded by family good friends and work collugues who keep me going. It must be difficult for you when you have 2 young ones to look after, some dys folowing chemo i just wanted to sleep.
Please keep in touch as I would love to hear from you.
Love Anne xx