1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

hi Fiona, you are a busy girl, good luck with the heart scan results.

still waiting on appointment for ultrasound for neck lump, hopefully it will come this week.

well thats us picked our pup, or should I say our Pup picked us!!!, he is adorable, so back down to England in 3 weeks to bring him home, even my 16 year old is excited, might even bring him downstairs out of his bedroom for a change!! its just great having something to look forward to again.

Sharon, how are you doing, any baby news yet?

Helen, how are you coping back at work, is the thought of going back worse than actually being there, I am so dreading it

Sheila, Annie, Maggie, Yvonne and anyone else, have a great week

love

Carol xx

Hi Girls,

Sheila, really good to hear the chemo is doing it's stuff!! Wow 9 taxotere..that's some amount, but if you can manage to handle it all the better..xx

Hope everyone is having a good weekend? I had a good time in the shop, really enjoyed it..had butterflies in my tummy. I get results from heart scan on Tuesday so fingers crossed for that.

There's another thread been started by Lynn..Glasgow/Lanarkshire, She's getting a mastectomy at the Royal next week and needs some advice. If any of you could give some help that would be great, Sharon? Pauline's computer on the blink so I don't think she'll be on. I know all the rest of us were WLE's.

Carol, what's the latest on your lump on neck? how is it?

Well busy week at work, hospital and shop.. It's nice to be kept busy even though it's tiring...looking forward to seeing you all on the 6th..

Hugs
Fiona xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

so pleased for you Sheila, you were needing some good news as you have had a horrible time recently

see you on the 6th!!!!!!!!

Carol xoxox

Guest user
Not applicable

Good results from scan - tumour reducing and fluid almost gone. If I can cope I have to get 9 Taxotere ( this is 5th) then he'll keep me on Xeloda for a while.
Fiona - you seem to be enjoying wig shop - that's great. Good to be able to help women when you know what they're going through.
Sharon - you seem to be coping well. Good on you. Temazepan great sleeping pill - just take it when on steroids but it works majic!!
Maggie - have good time with your friend. Hope you feel well enough to get out and about.
Helen - is work OK - don't be doing too much.
Yvonne - you must be so pleased Rads finished.
Look forward to meetin up on 6th.

Love Sheila

Hi Everyone...

Scan went ok..apart from playing "hunt the vein"!!..get results from Onc on Tuesday.

Yvonne, congratulations on finishing Rads..It just flies in, especially when it's someone else..Hope you enjoy your wee trip and look forward to seeing you at wig shop..

Carol, Ozzy sounds a great name for the puppy!! very cute. I love your photo by the way, you look great.

Sharon, hope you start sleeping now. I never suffered with steroids, in fact they made me tired...but then I've decided I'm wired backwards..I had a diazapam before my op and I was hyper!!! Must have been scary with the nose!! I had terrible bleeding and scabby nose on Tax, still a bit dodgy now and still drips like a tap!

Sheila, hope you are doing ok after chemo...how are all your family keeping?

Maggie, hope you and Louisa have a lovely weekend, hope she enjoys Scotland...have you anywhere planned for visiting?

Annie, Hope you start to get your strength back soon..and the burns heal. It's strange how all our skin is so different and some break down while others don't..

Was keeping up with the CP girls and saw their photo's on facebook. Looks like they all had a fantastic time..Think they may have started a chain reaction!!

Well Girls, off tomorrow. Got a date with the ironing board! woo hoo! you should see the pile! Looking forward to the shop, was in again today for a couple of hours...got my nose in the wig books trying to memorise them at the moment...think I'll have to get back into that brain training on the DS..Take care everyone.

Love to you all

Fiona xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ahh looking good there doll xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fiona, how did your scan go yesterday?

Helen, my youngest has named our pup Ozzy and he hasnt even picked him yet, its really great to see him so excited and looking forward to something for a change, must admit im getting excited too now !!!

Maggie, it would be great to meet you on the 6th February, im looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Sharon, how are you today?

Sheila, Annie, Yvonne and anyone else, great to catch up with you girlies too

love

Carol xx

ps, its only took me 8 months to get a picture of me on here, im no that great with all the techno stuff!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello girls..Im going to try and make the 6th it would be lovely to meet everyone. My friend Louisa whom I met in here is flying up from Southend on Sea for a visit this weekend..Im really looking forward to it. We were diagnosed at roughly the same time and our treatments have been pretty similar we have kept in touch by phone for 7 months..Im just hoping we both have some energy to do a bit of sight seeing as she's never been to Scotland before.
My last chemo was a wee bit rough for the first couple of weeks but Im doing fine now...my hair started to fall out on Saturday, I had five weeks growth and it was starting to look like I had hair again, I shaved it all off this morning as it was just annoying me..I was leaving a trail of little hairs around the flat.
Hope everyone is doing ok tonight. Im not able to sleep tonight (tried already but I had the tremors)...going to try again night night xxxx

Hi all finish rads on wednesday then off to
birmingham till monday for a 21st
doing ok but lost skin under arm on the last
day before boosters sods law. There is a breast cancer
keep fit class on a monday and wednesday at tollcross
centre in east end of glasgow they are also holding
classes in springburn and kelvinbridge it is very
good.fiona will phone for appointment for wig hope to see
you all on the 6th
take care

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Sheila - how did chemo go today?

Fiona - How was your scan??

I ended uo in A+E took a nose bleed that just wouldn't stop. Was visiting Grandpa at the time when it started. Doc on his ward told me to go to A+E get it checked out but went to Onc instead, they suggested same thing. After 2 and Half hour wait by the time I did see someone it had stopped. So everything now fine. Better to be safe than sorry.

Annie - When I started Herceptin last Jan I did have it combined until my Taxotere finished in March, then it was on its own until number 18 which I haven't yet reached. Will prob be on Herceptin along time now. Chemo could be from 6-12 doses they can extend to 18 if need be.

Sat 6th is a date then for a good lunch and catch up.

Still not sleeping, today is last of the Steroids so maybe I'll catch couple good nights before starting all over again on Friday.

TV is shocking lately, there is never anything half decent to watch, even the films they are putting on, how many times can we watch Bridget Jones!!!!

Night girls xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Meant to confirm Sat 6th ok for me too. It'll be great as most of us will be there (I havent made it yet due to one thing or another!

Sharon, I got Herceptrin combined a day apart with Tax. I started in August. I am surprised they didn't combine yours. They did tell me that it is most effective in tandem, but can make the treatment worse. Hopefully it will do the trick this time!

My nephew has just arrived to do a few wee bits for me - bless him, he's uch a good boy. I'll treat him to lunch at the Parkville, 5 mins walk away and really nice.

Have a lovely weeks girls, now that we have lovely winter weather, sunny, crisp ... snow and ice free ...

Love and lollipops

Annie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Saturday 6th is great for me too, I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Good Luck with your scan tomorrow Fiona and you’ll be just great in the wig shop, everyone will love you and will feel so much better after seeing you.

Sharon – I hope you’ll manage to get some sleep tonight and I’m so sorry to hear about everything else that’s happening too.

Annie – I’m glad to hear your burns have almost healed, just take it easy it’ll take a while to get your energy levels back up. I went swimming last week and was amazed at how weak I felt in the pool and how little energy I had.

Maggie – When do you start your rads?

Carol – Have you got a name for your pup yet?

Sheila – Glad you enjoyed your curry and I hope everything goes Ok tomorrow and the s/e’s aren’t too bad.

Well, off to bed now, so much for my early night! I’m working Mon, Tues & Thurs this week building up to 4 days next week. If I’m honest I haven’t really done much (anything) yet!. But it’s trying to organise the kids which is the most tiring and also the worry about whether I'm doing the right thing by going back to work.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Hugs

Helen

Guest user
Not applicable

6th is good for me, Fiona good look tomorrow with your scan.

Sharon, what is Zumba class, hope it helps makes you sleep, sory to hear about everything else thats going on just now for you.

some of they mens bodies on dancing are allright Annie, phew !!!!!!

night night

Carol xxx

Saturday 6th is fine for me...looking forward to it..

Fiona xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Had another sleepless night, pills didn't work! that was the thing I hated when I was on Chemo last time, most people fall asleep easliy, not me!

Had a hectic weekend, my aunt(dad's side) died on Frid afternoon, her funeral maybe Thurs morn when I have Pre-Chemo. Also my grandpa(mums dad) got taken into hospital Frid. He's doing ok at moment.

Everything seems to be happening at the moment.

Sheila - I havent had Taxol before, it was just taxotere. This does have same side effects tho.

Annie - I never finished Herceptin. Although it has stopped working foe me, it works better with Chemo. If they had given me chemo back in Oct I don't think I would be in this position now!!!

Went to Zumba Class today it was brill, I felt great after it, i'll do it for as long as I can, it's great exercise.

P.S are we making Sat 6th Feb a date for lunch?????

Night girls
Sharon xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Sharon, what trial are you hoping to go on? I think it shameful that you are now being given ALL the available tools! So are you going back on Herceptrin? Good luck pet.

Shiela, all the best for the dreaded Tax tomorrow. Have you established a pattern of s/e? I couldn't on Tax, every course brought its own special charms. How many more to go? I'm glad you enjoyed your curry!

Fee, best of luck too with your scan. Fingers crossed for a strong, healthy heart. Good luck on Thursday! I am due a new Irish too, but hairmyres arranged it at Turveys (the old hair boutique) My hair is taking forever to come back this time! It fell out (lashes and brows too) after Tax ended! Thanx Tax! Wee bit of bum fluff appeared a couple of weeks ago.

Carol, I am sooo jealous of your new puppy. I would love to get a dog, I borrow Tommy, my sister's big goofball and he is a tonic. Will be a great incentive to get out walking him and training him. What fun!

Maggie, how you are feeling well and he last chemo is the best one. Please try to get a morning schedule for rads. So much better, and you don't want to be too delayed and leave Jack alone for too long. I was in and out in an hour (max) in my last week. My "severe" burns (as noted by my breast surgeon last Friday) have all but healed now! I have been using honey and the adhesive dressings. I have had bad burns before and it worked - for me - then. I am still dog tired, but I have had a full year of active treatment and it has caught up with me. The fall didn't help!

Anyways my dears, look forward to seeinng you all next month now that we are mostly free of treatment (Shiela and Maggie excepted)

Off to watch Dancing on Ice - love it, love it, love it.

Cheers m'dears

Annie xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fiona, good luck for Thursday, you will be fine as you have a great understanding of what these girls have been through, I honestly wouldnt know where to start with facebook, I have registered but thats as far as I got!!!!! I would love to see the center parc pics.

Sheila, yes we had a dog years ago but he died and I said never again, but I really think he will be good for all the family. Good luck with chemo this week

Sharon, fingers crossed for a better week for you.

everyone else, have a great week too

love

Carol xx

Hi Girls,

Sheila, good to hear you enjoyed your wee curry last night...I'm so glad the snow has gone too, I hope February doesn't bring any more. How many Chemo's have you got to have?

Sharon, Glad you're doing ok...long may it continue, how did the sleeping pill go? did it do the trick?

Carol, good luck with the puppy....you'll have to join facebook and put photo's on of him so that we can al see them...

Helen, how was work this week? hope you're not too tired.

I have Muga scan tomorrow, hopefully we will see a big improvement with my heart...I have some chest and shoulder pain but will mention it to onc next week.

Well I start officially in the wig shop on Thursday..there all day on my lonesome, wish me luck everyone! I'm looking forward to it..My biggest hurdle is trying to remember all the different wigs (there's so many) and you know what it's like with chemo brain!! no blinking memory..looking forward to seeing Sharon and Maggie soon for their new ones..

Take care everyone, hope you all have a good week

Hugs
Fiona xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sharon - steroids are awful Started them today and know I will be up most of the night. Feel hungry but nauseaus as well. maybe I'll take sleeping tablet tonight. Hope you get on OK with Taxol - have you had it before.
Carol - you must be so excited at getting your puppy. They're hard work at first. Have you had a dog before.
Helen - you seem to be doing OK - great to start feeling normal again.
Maggie - did you get over last chemo OK.
Fiona - how's work doing.

It's great that the snow has all gone. I feel as though I've had hardly any fresh air for weeks.

Had lovely curry from the Indian last night. Haven't had one for ages and it was just delicious. Wee treat before chemo tomorrow - just dread it every time. Hate feeling so unwell - know it's only for about 10 days, and I'll get better but that doesn't help.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Love Sheila

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

I fell fine again today, only prob is the Steriods, can't sleep like the last time, I'll take a sleeping tablet tonight.

Night, night xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girlies,, are we going try to meet up weekend 6/7th February, it would be really great to see you all again.

Sharon, just think you will be an aunty by then, glad you enjoyed the pictures, I would like to see that one too but I need a kick up the backside just now as ive not been over the door for the last few weeks.

need to go out next weekend though as we are going down to Newcastle to pick our puppy, getting excited now, at least it gives us all something to look forward to as a family, my youngest is so excited

hope you all have a great weekend.

love and hugs

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

It's not that I wasn't accepted the trials that were on have just finished. Still hoping for 1 in March. There are still Trials going on in America.

Everything went well today, I feel ok, went to Cinema tonight and saw 'It's complicated' it was really good.

Good night everyone

Hugs Sharon xxx

Hi girls,

Sharon, just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. It's good treatment has started and I hope it works well. Keep us posted how your doing, will be thinking of you.

Big Hugs
Fiona. Xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sharon

God I can’t believe the drugs company won’t release the drugs for you, that’s just shocking – can you get it elsewhere, is it available abroad? You did mention the Marsden (?) is there any trials happening there?

When do you start your Taxol and heceptin?

How’s your sister keeping? How much longer has she got to go?

Carol – I’ve not heard / seen any posts from Yvonne, but she must be finished her rads by now.

Take care

Helxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sharon, cant believe you cant get on the trial, you are only young and they should be throwing everything at you, fingers crossed that you get on it in March.

take care

love

Carol xxxx

ps has anyone heard from Yvonne recently?

Guest user
Not applicable

After seeing Dr Dunn this morning with still no news!!!
Just had phone call!!!
No trials on a moment, think one just finished. Next one should be March. Apparently Dr Dewar who heads up the trial had been trying to persuade the Drug company to give me the drug, unfortunately its a NO.

I will be starting Taxol tomorrow with a slight hope of getting on Trial in March, i.e if my situation gets worse 😞
I want this TDN1 drug as it's the new miracle drug!!
So it's back to weekly doses of Herceptin and Taxol

At least I know now whats happening.

Hugs to all
Sharon xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

6th or 7th is good for me too. It'll be great to meet up.

Sharon - fingers crossed you'll hear about your treatment options in the next few days.

Totally shattered after work and have been swimming tonight - 1st time in for a year, so just off to bed. Will post again tomorrow.

Hugs

Helen

Guest user
Not applicable

6th or 7th Feb is good for me, it would be really good to catch up with everyone again.

love

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

Sheila good to hear from you, hope scan goes well.

I still haven't heard anything about treatment, it's the waiting thats really annoying, you just want everything to fall into place.

6th or 7th is the weekend so that would prob suit everyonem even Maggie

Thanks to Val for the invite to meet up but I'm on pregnancy watch that day as sis's other half will be away with work then, he can't get out of it.

Hugs
Sharon xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Slowly getting back to normal after all the snow that we've had. Still quite a bit in EK and my road still very icy.
Annie - great you've finished all your treatments. Take it easy.
Maggie - glad you're feeling bit better. Sure you'll cope fine with Rads.
Helen - is work OK. Don't do too much
Sharon - hope you're feeling OK and you soon get good news about trial.

Going for scan Friday than chemo Monday. Hope get good result from scan.

5th or 6th Feb would be good for me to meet up.

Sheila

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello girls..nice to see so many postings. Over the last few weeks Ive been hibernating and a wee bit out-of-sorts..but felt grand yesterday and today. Carol thank you for your support..Im going to get a voluntary driver for my rads, so Jack will stay at home, I just think driving everyday will knock the sox of me, but thank you honey xxx
Helen..I laughed with the thought of you showing your boobs..Im convinced the whole of the West of Scotland have had a swatch at mine at some point or another over the last 7 months ha ha
I would love to meet up with you all, but my rads start shortly and Im not making any plans..unfortunately they are at 2.30pm...messing up the whole day..but such is life.

Hope you are all feeling well tonight and warm and cozy

Love and hugs Maggie xxxxxxx

Hi Everyone.....The "Edinburgh" thread are meeting up on Thursday 28th if any of you want to join us. (See that thread for details).
Snow is melting here at last and we are no longer minus 8 degrees and the snow has disappeared from the rooftops for the first time in weeks. Hope you are all coping with treatments. Not long to go now Sharon for your new baby. Much love Val XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

It's a waiting game at the moment, my Onc is still waiting to hear back again from Prof Cameron as to whether I can go on the trial or not. They don't want to give me anything at the moment incase it scuppers my chances.

Carol - I have a cyst on my neck that I was supposed to get removed tomorrow but got a call last week to say the sugeon would be off sick, how does someone pre-book their sickness???
Hope you get answers soon.

Helen - good luck with work.

Fiona - Take it slowly with exercise, ease yourself in. I did take up yoga before I got diagnosed the 2nd time and also did cross trainer and treadmill. Yest I tried Zumba workout which is new to the gym, what a laugh, tonight I will be going back to yoga again. It's great for stretching.

I can also do 5th or 6th, unless baby hasn't arrived. Due 2nd.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Lots love Sharon xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

well my return to work is delayed as I was at the hospital today and they have now decided that I need an ultrasound done to my neck lump, why they couldnt have done that months ago, ill never know so now need to wait on an appointment coming through!!!!

defo would love to have a meet up with you girlies

hope everyone ok

Sharon, sending you a hug

love

Carol xoxoxo

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all ok... snow starting to melt thank God!!

I can do 6th or 7th Feb as it's a weekend.....15th & 17th Jan sorry, no good for me.

Went to a "Active after breast cancer" class this morning, only to find out it wasn't on 😞 ... they have changed the times to what was on the form so I'm a bit gutted about that..It's moved to Fridays at 10am which is no good for work..I was looking forward to getting a proper tailored fitness program to get me back into shape! Hey Ho, will have to look for something else. Has anybody any Ideas? I'm planning on doing the 10K in May so need to get into shape...

Helen, Take it easy at work... Glad your enjoying a bit of normality.

Annie, Congratulations on finishing Rads, you'll be glad of the rest.

Sheila, Hope you are doing ok? and the chemo isn't being too hard on you.

Sharon, Any news on the trial? are you getting Taxol this week?

Carol, the puppy sounds lovely.. you'll have to post his picture up when you get him.

Love to everyone else..

Take Care
Fiona xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Just a quick one as I’m trying to get organised for work tomorrow.

Sharon – I can do Lunch on 15th, 17th or 6th or 7th Feb – I can’t to do the 23rd / 24th Jan as John’s working. It’ll be great to meet up with everyone soon.

Hugs

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Happy New Year!

Sorry been missing in action - had family up over New Year, nursing bruises from the accident I had on 23rd (my back and hip are black and blue, though no longer too sore) and finished rads - on Wed joy, oh joy, oh joy!!!!

Pretty burnt, even on the collerbone. Looks like I have had a lovebite from a vampire now that it's bleeding. Letting the air get to it to granulate and it's healing quickly, just unsightly.

Such good news from most of you, we are all getting a bit better now. Carol, love the idea of a puppy! You must be so excited. I have been told it will take at least a year for me to be 'healed' by Mr M, the breast surgeon yesterday, so I will be off for this year. I would love to get a dog, but they need so much attention and training that I would have to be here much of the time. And there my furry, purry posse to consider. 3 cats take rather a lot of attention and petting/lap time.

Not quite sure where I get my gel and dressings now - they were vague at the Beatson. I have been using Aloe Vera but my burns are quite bad under the boob and I have now scabbed under the armpit. Do any of you gals know if I contact my doctor? I am at hairmyres on Monday for Herceptrin so will ask there.

I was out last night for the first time in onks, too weak with Tax, too tired with rads, too scared of falling with the bloody weather .... Anyway saw Sherlock Holmes which was SUPERB. I love Sherlock Holmes anyway, love Robert Downing and thought the fil was really good - scary, funny action all in equal measure.

I would love to meet up now that I can walk. So nice catching up on all the posts. Maggie, you are likely to need help when rads start and I will do all I can, even if it's just to walk Jack while you are waiting. You can be waiting ages. Ask if you can have a morning appt. I found in my final week, which was in the morning, the wait was never more than half an hour or so. I have waited 3 hours before. So get your request in girl. And DO NOT be afraid to ask for help. Rads made me tired to the bone after the third week. So if there is anything I can do, I will. I promise.

Well just Herceptrin now, thought I would never get there!

Finished rads on Wed, slept till 1.30 on Thur, hosp to see Mr M on Friday, had LOVELY easy day today (watched streamed season 2 of Trueblood, Silent Witness etc) going for High Tea (yes.... High Tea) tomorrow hosp on Monday for Herceptrin then NO HOSPITALS for 3 weeks HURRAH!!!!!!!

Helen I guffawed - loudly - when I checked the posts on my phone last night at the cinema. Loved the dress comment! I know what you mean. From being Ms Modesty, I didn't even bother with the strip of paper latterly in the rads room.But you have to think about what you wear, got to pull off in a sec like a magician. I didnt put a bra on and just slathered on the AC, gel and dressings, and got dressed in the loo afterwards to save time. Did you know that only 10 mins are allowed per patient? No wonder they are running behind from the second they start. They work so hard, those girls (and guys)Did anyone else get a chap technition?

Anyoldhow, that's the news from the front. Love to meet up whenever it suits. Looking forward to loads of wee breaks in the weeks to come and hope to feel my fingertips soon!!!

Annie xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Helen just you tell us when you are free and we can work round you xx
The oncologist just wants to see how your boobs are bearin up with the Rads.
Glad you enjoyed feeling of normality it will get better for you

I can't do 16th or 30th, free 10th,17,23,24 and 6,7, 13 20 Feb
I know some back at work so maybe weekend would be best??

Sharon xx

Hi Girls,

Just a quickie....would love to meet up, whenever suits. Sharon keep us posted with treatment, I'm sure we can all fit in when it suits you. On iPhone in bed and hate typing on it! Will come back on tomorrow. Take care everyone and keep warm.

Big Hugs

Fiona xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

How is everyone? I’m totally shattered after being at work yesterday and Seren being up in the night. It was such a relief not having to go back in today! – but having said I did enjoy being back, felt like life was finally getting back to normal! – although I did miss the kids.

I had my 6 week post rads appointment on Tuesday. I was totally mortified as I had to show my boobs to the oncologist!. I know that sounds really silly as I'm really not bothered who see thems now! but I just wasn't expecting an examination(wore a dress - dooh!). I think I had just compartmentalised all the consultants and everyone I've seen and Dr Canney (the oncologist) was someone that dealt with the chemo and treatment and wasn't someone that would ever see my boobs!

Anyway, I can’t believe how cold it is, it was -7 when I picked the kids up from school and tonight's meant to be the coldest night so far – nightmare.

I’d love to meet up soon. John works shifts so can only make 2 weekends in every 4.

Keep warm

Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

If you want to have a coffee at Gartnavel next week Carol, give me a shout. I start on Monday.

Guest user
Not applicable

would love a catch up, before I go back to work!!! whenever that may be and before our wee pup Ozzy arrives which will be in February.

one of my friends has found a lump and has an appointment next week at the breast clinic, it brings it all back, I hope she is ok as she doesnt cope very well with illnesses of any sort!!! I can only be there for her and help in in anyway that I can

Cant believe ive not had a drink of alchohol this year, well it is only the 7th January but thats good for me.

getting a bit peed off with this bloody snow, ive not drove for 2 weeks as cant get my car out of the estate!!! hope you are all coping with the snow, supposed to be the coldest weekend coming up, wonderful

hope you are all cosied up in your houses

love

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

Happy New year to all.

Any chance of meeting up again soon?? think it would be nice sometime this month as Jan always seems to be a downer after party season.

My weekends seem to be free

Sharon xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Pauline, Happy 40th to you, that was my best ever birthday.

well so much for going back to work this month, I have been signed off for another 4 weeks and my own doctor is waiting to see what the surgeon says next week as my lump in my neck is getting bigger!!! oh the bloody joys.

Helen, good luck back at work for you.

Sheila, Annie, Maggie, Sharon, Fiona, Yvonne and anyone else, hope you all have a much better year

Love

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Everyone

Happy New Year - I hope everyone had a good time. We were down in Wales at my mum's and had a great one.

Pauline - Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day.

Take care all

Helen

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!!

Can't believe it's all over and done with now!! kids back to school tomorrow! Everything was nice and quiet for me.. Aidan has a chest infection, so maybe a trip to the doctor's for him tomorrow.. I hope everyone is doing ok? Helen good luck with going back to work, I'm sure you'll be ok..phased return sounds a lot better, at least it'll give you a chance to build yourself up but like Sheila says it is hard so be prepared for a bit of bumpiness..it will sort itself out..

Carol, the puppy sounds lovely!! I'm thinking on a new kitten...but I need another one of them like a hole in the head!!! so maybe not!! I quite like these curtains!!

Big Hugs to everyone who hasn't been on in a while.....we miss you.

Pauline....Happy Birthday for tomorrow. I know I've already said it on FB. but you're only 40 once...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!! there's s few big birthdays on here this year!!

Still cracking on with the wig shop. Start on Thursdays in a couple of weeks.. I swear to god I still don't know all the styles! there must be 100 different styles of wigs!! wish I had my memory back!! could really be doing with it!! well practice makes perfect eh?!!

ok,take care everyone... won't be long till Spring!!!

Fiona xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you all had a good time and managed to have a wee celebration drink.

Maggie - so pleased that you have finished chemo. It does feel strange when it's all over - you thing what next.
Helen - have a good time at your Mums. Please take care going back to work. Emotionally and physically it is hard.
Carol - your dog sounds so cute. Bet you can't wait to get him.
Sharon - are you OK - have you finished all treatment.
Annie - hope all ok with you.
Fiona - did you have a good time with the boys. Are you still doing your wig fitting

Got chemo last Wednesday and just feeling rubbish. It was a quiet new year. Skin on my feet has started to peel - never had that before. I just use plenty cream at night then cotton socks.
Sheila

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Happy New Year to everyone – I hope everyone has a good Hogmanay.

Fiona – I thought your NY message was spot on – I have to admit I had tears in my eyes when I read it too!!

Sharon – Have you finished your rads now? You’ve done absolutely fantastic and have been an inspiration to us all this year.

Annie – Sorry to hear your skin is starting to break up, just hang in there you’re nearly at the end.

Maggie – I’m really glad you managed to get your last chemo over with in 2009. I felt like skipping and dancing out of the hospital after my last chemo and would have done if I hadn’t felt so rough!!! Just take care and take it easy over the next few days. You’ve done great to get through it all especially as you’ve had such a hard time.

Carol – your puppy sounds so cute. Sorry to hear your son was so poorly over Christmas.

Sheila – how are you feeling after your chemo yesterday? I’m glad you had a good Christmas, it’s always hard when someone close passes away so near to Christmas. My dad died on Nov 25th about 6 years ago and the first Christmas without him was awful.

Yvonne – How are you doing? Have you finished your rads?

We had a lovely Christmas, spent it in our new house before heading down to Wales to my mum’s for a few days. Seren was fantastic and spent all of Christmas in her fairy dress pushing her dolls round in her new pushchair, with chocolate round her face – she’s so cute! And it’s great having girlie things about after years of just boy presents.

I start back to work on Jan 6th on a phased return; 1 day first week, 2 days the next and so on. I’m just doing a 4 day week and also hope to take 1 Thursday off a month too. I’m not sure how I feel about going back now, I was looking forward to it but I’m not sure now. I guess 20 months on mat and sick leave is a long time to be off, but I keep reminding myself that I did have the option to give up work when I got my CI payout.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely time tonight and like Fiona, I’ll be raising a glass to toast us all and wish that 2010 is a happy and healthier year than this one!! I just want to thank everyone too for all your advice and support throughout this year, I’m not sure how I’d of coped without you all. Take care and hopefully we’ll be able to meet up soon

Love and Hugs

Helen
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

congratulations Maggie, you done it, it must be such a relief as you have had such an awful time

well I think 2010 is going to be a good year for me, as we have at long last traced down a chocolate brown cockerpoo pup, we have been trying for months to get one, we need to go to England to get him, he was born on christmas eve, we go down to pick him from the litter in 3 weeks and get him home on 18th February, boys have already named him Ozzy, he will also help me get the weight off as I can take him for long walks round the village, so excited, it has also given us all something else to focus on instead of bloody cancer.

hope you are all well

love

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Managed to get my last chemo..after a two hour delay, but I don't care..it's over. This morning I feel pretty Sh*tty but Ive had all my pills and potions so hopefully they should kick in quite quickly.

Isn't it a strange thing leaving the hospital after your last one...you kinda expect a line of trumpeters lining the corridors and champagne bottles popping..ha ha ha !!!!

love to you all today xxxxxx