Anyone from Essex?

Hi there, Just wondered is there anyone out there from Essex/Havering/Brentwood? I was diagnosed with LCIS in 2006. Then was told I have DCIS in March of this year and that Mastectomy is the best option. I was sent for a 2nd opinion to help with the decision making and from that appointment was recommended to have an MRI. I had this done on May 8th and it shows “something” in the Left breast aswell. I had another biopsy last Monday and am returning to the Royal Marsden this afternoon for results. Now I’m wondering how much worse can it get? I’m potentially facing a bilateral Mastectomy now. It would be nice to know that there are others local that I could talk to.

Hi,
I’m near Bishops Stortford, dx with DCIS 3 years ago, had mastectomy. I’m one of the “lucky” ones in that I didn’t need medication afterwards as mine wasn’t oestrogen positive.

Good luck with whatever you/they decide to do.
Silversue

Hiya

I’m another Essex girl - from South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford. Had mastectomy Jan 2008, and here to help in anyway I can.

Cheers
Anne x

Hi, I’m from Basildon and am waiting to go into hospital for my mastectomy around end Jul/beg Aug, I’m waiting for confirmation of date. Have been told I will have around 6 months chemo afterwards. Would love to hear from anyone living local.

Hi Tabbykaz, I go in to the Royal Marsden next Wednesday (23rd) for a bilateral mastectomy and immediate reconstruction with expanders. I live in Hornchurch. Am hoping that I won’t need any follow up as I have DCIS in one breast and ALH in the other but until they do the surgery and get the Path reports I’ll be on tenterhooks as until it’s examined in the Lad they can’t be 100% sure.

Trudie.

HI I am from chelmsford. Dx with DCIS on May 19th and had no option as it was 6cms had an mx on 25th june and unfortunately the nodes took for a=sampling were positive so go in next friday for 2nd op to have full axillary clearance!!

if you need to talk I as well as the others are here for you.
SHaron xx