cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone from Leeds/Bradford

20 REPLIES 20
rebeldog

Re: Anyone from Leeds/Bradford

Thanks Lesley doing OK keep expecting pain but none so far just tired. Hope you soon feel better. Kathryn xx
Les53

Hi baby pink and Kathryn thanks for responding, home now after mastectomy on Wednesday, awaiting results from lymph node then will get future treatment plan. Def have to have chemo and herceptin as HER2 positive 😒 I agree Kathryn the staff in St James are great, they looked after me very well! Still trying to get my head around everything, seems so much to take in , in such a short time. Hope the reconstruction is healing well, I'm hoping for one at the end of treatment xxxxx take care, lesley x

rebeldog

Baby pink good to hear from yoh was lucky didn't have chemo just tablets. Had nipple reconstruction and other breast lifted yesterday so there is an end in sight. The Haven have a Facebook page they do have open days but if you would like to meet rather than go alone we could they have parking i'm not supposed to drive four a bit but willu be off work a month maybe les could come as well I am never sure how this forum works Kathryn xx
rebeldog

Les I have just come out if St James today had other breast lifted and nipple reconstruction I was diagnosed 4 years ago its been a long journey I was lucky no chemo.I think it is a fantastic hospital and staff and doctors are lovely f
Good luck xx Kathryn on my
Babypink

Hi I'm sorry for not replying been a mess to be fair I haven't been to haven but mcmillan nurse recommend. Had my mastectomy now waiting treatment which scares me. I live in leeds
Les53

hi there I've just been diagnosed and live in Leeds booked for single mastectomy on the 14 th October then chemo, feeling very isolated would like to chat to others in similar situation .

thanks

lesley x

rebeldog

Hi, sorry my reply was a bit brief but if you haven't been to the Haven I suggest you contact them. I was 58 when my routine mammogram found a tumor. I was like you had none of the things they say make you more at risk to be honest I think they are a load of rubbish. I can't really remember what I was like it is all a blur but I know I wasn't good and was persuaded by friends at work to go. The only disadvantage  is it is only open 9-5 weekdays and I was working full time. Although you can telephone. If you want to know anything just ask I will keep a look out. Their number is 0113 2847828. They have an introduction day where you meet others like yourself.

rebeldog

Have you heard of the Haven in Leeds.

Babypink

Hi

I never ever thought I would be posting in a forum, for this.  I was diagnosed last Tuesday and like most, and I am no different from anyone else, devastated.  I live in Leeds, and live on my own, I just turned 50 this year.

If there is a coffee meet or something I would like to come alond, at the moment I am in no fit state to do much.  I am a fit and healthy person, I just done a 11 mile charity walk, I own ahorse, I ride motorbikes, I eat healthy, I dont smoke and this!

Hope everyone is doing well 🙂

x

Aura

Good to hear from some one local . I to have good days and bad days ,just waiting for next week to see consultant again after 2 Nd WLE last Thursday . Xx
ST1

Hi all

I live in near skipton diagnosed Oct 2014 had lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy which was clear

Then Had  chemo at airedale followed by radiotherapy at st James finished this 4 weeks ago now ,Now on zoladex injections and anastrozole,trying to get back to normal now ,I have good days and bad days at the moment .

St1

Aura

Hi I live in Colne diagnosed 5 th may, had lumpectomy and senital node biopsy at airdale but had to go to Bradford for the dye injected . Iv just had a second lumpectomy yesterday as did not get a clear margin , then having radiotherapy . X
Mummyraff

Hi, anyone in Leeds/ Bradford going through treatment now?

Teffy

Hi all
Looks like most of us have got through our treatment, and can now get on with the rest of our lives, at last!!
I joined a private Facebook group called the October optimist, when I got diagnosed, which is a massive help. Knowing that there is always someone there to answer any questions we have, who are in the same boat.
It's a pity we weren't in touch while we were going through our treatment , we could have met up seeing as we are all close by, we may have even been at the hospital at he same time.
Anyway take care all, and Pat I bet your really chuffed about your mamagram xx
KatePB

Hi Trisha 51:  That's brilliant news, bet you are glad your first mammogram is out of the way and with result of NED.  Hope your continue to be clear.  Best wishes, Kate

Trisha_51

Hi everyone, I live near Huddersfield , had my WLE in Jan 2013 followed by rads at St James and Anastrozole for 5 years. 1st yearly mammogram and check up NED, phew! Best wishes to everyone Pat x
KatePB

Hi all
I'm from north Sheffield so not far from Leeds/Bradford. Had mx in July 2013, followed by chemo and now on tablets for 5-10 years.  This was a recurrence, first diagnosis in 2002.
Enjoy your Easter holiday helvellyn.

helvellyn

Hi

i live in Halifax.  Diagnsosed in October.  Had 2 WLEs then mastectomy  and DIEP reconstruction in january.  Luckily no chemo or rads.  Just tamoxifen for 5 years.   Went back to work 3 weeks ago (teacher).  SO looking forward to Easter holiday!!

Jane.

Naturegirl15

Hi zippy and Teffy
I live near Huddersfield. Had ops in June 2013,been through chemo and rads now on tablets.
Teffy

Hi zippy
I started my radiotherapy on 5th march at st james.
I had surgery 28th august and then chemo
Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Anyone from Leeds/Bradford

Just wondering if there's anyone from Leeds/Bradford area? Diagnosed in December and Surgery 23rd Dec, starting Radiotherapy on Monday and on Tamoxifen for 5yrs. x