Anyone from Swindon/ Wiltshire?

Hi there

I’m 41 with two daughters and I live in Swindon. I was diagnosed in September 2015 and have just finished chemotherapy. I’m going on next, to have surgery then radiotherapy. I was wondering if there was anyone nearby who’d like to chat? It’s all been such a whirlwind of emotions and would love to talk to someone who just ‘knows’ what it’s all like. Bonnie x

Hi bonnie. I am going through similar. Diagnosed with DCIS which is grade zero early breast cancer contained within ducts after guide wire op. Nothing showing up on mammogram, scans etc. Got to have further op week Tuesday to remove more tissue as insufficient clear margins. I am 42 from South Wales with two daughters also. Will have to have radiotherapy after also for three weeks. To say I m scared is an understatement. Just so scared that they will find invasive too which may need chemo then. Consultant doesn’t think so but won t know until after op.  My personal e mail is (removed due to T & Cs) if you want to chat.  Hugs to you xx

Hi,

Im not too far away from you. Live just outside Sherborne in Dorset, not far from Wiltshire. I have had chemotherapy then surgery just before Christmas for Grade 3 Breast Cancer. Was 30mm ish when I started Chemo and shrunk to about 17mm measured after surgery. Nothing found in lymph nodes and got clear margins. Starting radiotherapy on 17th Feb.

Message me if you want to chat or have a look at my blog at purpleclare.wordpress.com which follows my ‘journey’ so far.

Im not sure I’m overly knowledgable about it all but can tell you what happened to me.

Clare