gail65

Re: Anyone from Warwickshire area

Hi

I'm in coventry 4 weeks post op.

Starting FEC-T chemo in October at University Hospital Coventry
chascat

Hi JCJ
I'm in Bedworth in Warwickshire, had WLE and ANC (due to micro met on sentinel node) at the Meriden Hospital, followed by chemo at George Eliot Hospital, for which I was told I was borderline, small tumour, grade 2, micro met and now having rads at UHCW, I'm due to start Tamoxifen once radiotherapy has finished, like you i've found everyone marvellous, i feel i've been very lucky in terms of my medical team x

JCJ

Hi all!

I'm 52, from North Warwickshire - between Nuneaton and Tamworth (Staffs). I had WLE and SNB, in February at Nuneaton and Rads April/May at UHCW Coventry. Although Grade 3 also, I declined chemo, as I was given the choice, and I didn't think it worth the small increase in (already good) survival prospects. I am on Zoladex and Tamoxifen and the REACT (anti-inflammatory or placebo) trial.

I can honestly say that everyone I have come into contact with, throughout my treatment, at both GE, Nuneaton and UHCW has been fantastic: Supportive, understanding and helpful, especially the wonderful BC nurses for whom no question is too silly and no worry belittled.

Good luck. You will get through this. Take one day at a time and try to appreciate and enjoy the good things in your life - however small or apparently inconsequential! Hugs xx
Mary_grace

Hi All, I'm a bit down the line now (and hoping to stay that way, fingers crossed). Had my WLE Jan 2012, re-excision Feb 2012 (in Warwick), rads ending May 2012 (in Coventry). No chemo as I only Stage 1 grade 1. Currently mid various reconstructions. I live in Warwick. If it helps at all to talk on here or over a coffee sometime, just let me know. All best Sue

Ceej

Hi TigersGirlie
I'm in Coventry, so not far - me and Chascat are on the March forum, so feel free to ask us about chemo/rads whatever 🙂
You're never alone - this forum and the brilliant ladies on it has helped me to get through this!!
Love
Carol

TigersGirlie

Hi Becky

Thank you haVe replied to your message

Victoria xxx
TigersGirlie

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for replying yes ihave had surgery a WLE 2 weeks post Wednesday, I am to have chemo, Rad and anti hormone therapy, I am with the oncologist again Wed to finalise the treatment regime. Unfortunately as it was s a grade 3 I have been told I will be having the bigger cycles of all treatment,will know more on wed. I hope you won't mind if I ask you any questions?

Thank you for the forum adviCe I will look at that post,

I hope your radiotherapy goes well x
Victoriax
spring123

Hi TigersGirlie
I've sent you a personal message - i live in Warwick too.
Take care
BeckyX

chascat

Hi tigersgirlie,
I live in Warwickshire, just outside Nuneaton. I'm 44 so still classed as a younger woman. I had a WLE and ANC in January and have just finished 6 FEC, will be starting radiotherapy 15th August. I haven't been aware of any groups locally either but have found this site just fantastic, there is an August chemo thread on here http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/undergoing-treatment-chemotherapy/starting-chemo-august-2012. All the ladies on that thread will be going through chemo at the same time, you'll find it invaluable, I know I did with the March chemo thread. Have you had surgery already? What's your treatment plan?
Take care
Lydia x

Lucy_BCC

Hi TigersGirlie and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences you will soon have here, I am posting a link to the 'Newly diagnosed' section of the website where you will find further information from BCC about diagnosis and treatments along with support ideas including our helpline and one to one support:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Our younger women's section is here too and BCC offer a range of support services specifically aimed at younger women so hopefully you will find extra support here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/category/type-person-particularly-relevant/younger-women-breast-cancer

Take care

Lucy

TigersGirlie

Anyone from Warwickshire area

Hi All,

I have recently been diagnosed , I am from Warwick. I start my chemo in 2 weeks I have looked in to younger women meetings and cannot locate any groups in this area, would be niCe to meet some people going through this together xxx