cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone from York / Leeds Area

105 REPLIES 105
laura64

Re: Anyone from York / Leeds Area

Hi I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put this I'm sure I will told if I'm not my friend Karen Dunn katz36 passed away in may owing to loosing her fight for breast cancer her duster and family are doing the dr Jackson walk over the Humber bridge the walk is now called the Karen Dunn walk I was wondering if any of her friends and anybody else would like to sponsor her I can give you her link to the thanks giving page if you wld like to pm me I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put it on here she is trying to raise a very small amount and was wondering if anyone would like to help out any small amount wld help not only a special lady who had a heart of gold but a very special cause pls pls help big thank u in advance much love Laura

Rhian

Dear Kaz so so very sorry to hear this awful news, will miss your no nonsense approach to all that was happening. Dear Guy she was a very special girl and sending you and the family all my love and thoughts

love Rhian xx

lazycat

I am so sad I don't even know what to say...

I was lucky enough to have met Karen at the Haven in Leeds, she was a lovely lady, very witty and funny, and enjoed her company very much, I can still hear her laughter in my head.
Rest in peace Karen, you are suffering no more, sending all my love to her family whom she loved very very very much

Debs xx

laura64

Rest in peace kaz so so sad xxx

salcha66

Hi Guy and Karen,

It was through me starting this thread that i got to meet Karen, she really could make me laugh and i enjoyed every minute spent with her. As Tracey said you and her family are her world and she would tell us of how you met and stuff you have done together , you make her very very happy. You are so right Karen would never want any of us to give up she is a true fighter and so full of spirit. Am thinking of you both Guy and your family, you are all in my prayers.

Sally xx

cadi

My thoughts are with you.

mummysboob

my love and thoughts with you both xxxxxxxxxx

ickleme123

Guy,
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how Karen is doing. I have been thinking about you all since she text me a few weeks ago. She is a lovely woman and I am so pleased I had the chance to meet her, so bubbly and loving. She loves you so very much and told us all how wonderful your life has been together.

I wish there was something I could say or do to make this time easier for you all, you are all in my heart and in my prayers

Tracey xxxxxxxxxx

GuyD

To all who know Kaz36 (Karen), this is her husband Guy, I am sorry to have to tell you but Karens fight with this terrible disease is almost at an end. I am sat with her in the Hospice watching the life slowly slip away from her body. I have been here for the last 8 days 24/7 and this has to be the worst 2 years of my life since she was diagnosed.

All I will say is never give up hope, you never know whats round the corner. Plus what didnt work for Karen may work for you so never ever give in.

All I can take from this terrible experience is I have never met a more courageous woman or someone with such a big heart as Karen. Even with this disease she never stopped trying to help others.

I am just gutted not to have got to do all we had planned together.

I will carry her memories with me forever and remember the best ten years we had together as husband and wife.

I know a lot of you on here befriended Karen and helped her cope through some of the hard times and that I can only thank you for being her friend. Take Care. Guy

ickleme123

Hi all,

Just thought I would pop in to see how everyone is doing. I hope everyone is ok

Karen, Iam thinking of you and your family hun.

Tracey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

salcha66

Hi all,

Sorry i could not make it, i got called in at last minute for Ec 5 on Thurs was supposed to be Friday but i think they were having to jiggle around cos of bank holidays.
Glad you found Haven nice Ninja, it really is a lovely place with wonderful staff, we are very lucky to have one on our doorstep.
Well am feeling great after EC 5 long may it continue, hope all are feeling ok.

Kaz, you are in my thoughts hope you are doing better.

Love to all ,
Sal xx

Ninja

edited

ickleme123

Ninja,
I'm glad you are feeling much better hun, I go away on holiday tomorrow morning and have done nothing yet, have to spend the day washing, ironing and cleaning. Iam leaving OH and teenage daughter at home while I fly off to the sun with my sisters for a week, so need to make sure they are all stocked up and everything is sorted - gonna be running around like a headless chicken but at least I will have a week to recover.
I hope I will see you all next time, love to everyone
Tracey xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ninja

edited

ickleme123

Sorry ladies, I can't make it tomorrow, I hope you all have a good natter and a good laugh, I hope to make it next time
love
Tracey xxxxxxxxxx

ickleme123

Kaz, I will be getting a lift in with Ron on thurs morn so will be able to use car while he is at work, if you feel upto it and are allowed I can come and pick you up, text me anytime hun xxxxxxxxxxx

kaz36

awww cheers tracey i will see how it goes and txt u to let u know xx

ickleme123

Kaz, will they let us break you out for an hour or so if we promise to take you back ?, that is if you feel up to it. Hope you are feeling better soon hun, thinking of you.
xxxxxxxxx

Ninja

Oh dear Kaz, hope you soon feel better xx

kaz36

im still in hospital have been on and off for 4 weeks so no idea if i can come or not i will keep u posted xxxxxxx
kaz x

lazycat

HI Ninja

We usually meet at around 10 AM and yes there is onsite parking reserved for the Haven, Karen has parked there a couple of times. If you're up to it, the Haven is 10-15 minutes walking distance from the Bus Station. Just exit on New York' street and turn left and straight on until you see the Etap.
Looking forward to seeing you and glad that you're starting to feel human again 🙂

Deborah

Ninja

edited

ickleme123

Hi Ladies

Sorry you have had to join us Ninja, but if you can make it on the 5th it will be great to see you.

Karen, Im glad you are home at last and hope you are doing well.

Sal, who's crazy ?? lol hope no4 has gone well for you and you are not feeling too bad.

Alison,,,, did you have no6??, I hope you did and it all went well.

Jo, please don't tell me these side effects will last that long, I finished chemo in november and still having problems with my feet!!

Deb, get some "hair, skin & nail" tablets from asda/tesco/holland & barrat I swear they made a difference with my hair and they are ok to take I checked with the dr first.

Looking forward to see whoever can make it on the 5th

Tracey xxxxxxxxxx

Ninja

edited

Jo51PPP

Hi Ninja,

I'm nearly 4 years on from diagnosis. It's crap going through it all but believe me it goes so quickly and before long you're looking back and thinking I can't really believe I went through all that. The bad news is that side effects from the drugs after treatment are lousy - and that goes on for another 5 years!
Hope to see you on 5th (it will be my first time too).

Jo

lazycat

Hi Ninja

Sorry you have to join us, but like Sal said welcome onboard. I have just finished my treatments, just waiting for my hair to grow back.. Hope you can make it on the 5th at the Haven, despite everything we always have a good laugh and we support each other (and drink lots of coffee lol)
Hope you'll feel better soon, it's tough I know, but you will get there in the end.

Deb xx

salcha66

Hi Ninja,

Welcome aboard! As you can see we are from all over the York leeds pontefract area, i myself am in Castleford but am being treated at York.

Had my 4th EC on 14th April. We are all at differnt stages of treatment.

We do often meet up at the Haven in Leeds and looks like we will be meeting on May 5th all being well with us all and you are more than welcome to join us!
Gotta warn you though...they are all crazy cept for me of course!!

Sal x

Ninja

edited

salcha66

Hi Kaz, Nice to see you back hope you are as well as can be expected. I can do 5th too now i am a lady of leisure!

Love Sal xx

kaz36

all being well 5th may sounds good but after my 10 day stint in hospital i will have to check in nearer time lol
kaz x

Jo51PPP

5th May is now fine too. Friend has rearranged.

Jo

Jo51PPP

I can make 28th and could do 5th May at a push but I've got a friend staying overnight on the 4th and it might be a bit rude to just kick them out in the morning!

Jo

salcha66

Oh lord Debs no way can i swallow that it looks the colour of mud!! I absolutely refuse to be your guinea pig ! 🙂
Anyway hospital just rang get my PICC line put in on Weds morning at Harrogate...woohoo no more canulas for me and more importantly no more yukky veins !
Must admit to having a random chuckle every now and again at you and Karen comparing mx scars in the bar!!! Good job it was practically empty!!!
Love Sal xx

lazycat

Good morning ladies ( or good afternoon?)

Lovely to have met you again and also nice to see Alison too.
Sally, please try that smelly stuff so you can tell me if it really works with the rubbish veins!
I am ok for both dates too, but the 5th looks better as I can take some time off work 🙂
Kaz, I'll see you at Ponty hospital on 29th...

Debs xx

salcha66

Good morning, I had a lovely time too even though i had to keep popping off for treatments !............ no i havent tried the smelly stuff Kaz and Debs!!! Was lovely to see Alison there too.
I am up for either of those dates as am not going anywhere 😞
Hope all are feeling ok,
Love Sal x

kaz36

had a lovely meeting again with my new freinds and it was lovely that alison managed to join us this time, hopefully more next time, we are going to try for once a month which will be lovely, i realise alot of ppl are away soon so i was thinking what about thursday 28th april or the following week thursday 5th? any thoughts >
kaz xxx

kaz36

im up for lunch! see how we go minx is better on toes than nails but up to u xxxx

salcha66

Hi Kaz, that would be lovely if you are sure! My nails are not that long but its still a treat! Thank you. Looking forward to seeing you Fri, are we lunching or just coffee? Saw on other thread about your cough, hope you get it sorted soon

Love Sal xx

kaz36

yes still on i will txt u to pick u up, plus i got minxed at w/e so if u like u can have my appointment and get minxed xxxxxx

salcha66

Hello all, Just checking in and seeing if Friday is still on.
Am at hospital on Thurs, possible lymphodema.....boo and have to call into chemo unit to check out phlebitis on other arm.....think you may all have to take turns in feeding me!! 😉

Lots of love Sal xx

lazycat

Yeah Babies, I will be there 🙂

kaz36

debs is coming 🙂

salcha66

Hello all, Welcome back Karen, hope your last two sessions have been kinder to you than your first.

Have been floored by tiredness after my 3rd, think thats the only time i have managed to get out when i saw you at B & Q on Sunday Kaz !!
Its my best friends 40th on Saturday so hopefully i will be up to full strength by then.

Am really looking forward to seeing all who can make it on the 8th, could do with a dose of Debs ' humour !!!

Lots of love to all,

Sal xx

kaz36

haven is pretty much centre where the etap hotel is we are meeting there friday the 8th if you feel up to it, just sat having coffee maybe even lunch !!! so nothing too strenuous xx

Nigella12

Hi everyone. Not been on the site for ages as everytime I looked it was down and then had EC no 3 last week. Now I am back in the land of living! I would love to meet up with everyone. I can't do 7th April as thats no4 chemo for me. Maybe next time? Whereabouts is the Haven in Leeds? Karen xx

kaz36

thats great jo watch this space x im free thursday 7 all day can do coffee :)or lunch xx

Jo51PPP

Kaz,

I live between York and Selby. Unfortunately I can't make the 8th as I have a prior appointment but keep me in touch and I'll definately try make the next meet!

Jo

salcha66

Hello,

Saw on another thread you have more results coming Friday Kaz, i have everything crossed for you i hope its good news again , you deserve it.

Am looking forward to seeing you all on the 8th!

Hope everyone is feeling ok and enjoying the sunshine

Love Sal xx

kaz36

ok im booked in for my nails doing 10am 8th april at haven anyone wanting to meet up for coffee from 10.30 onwards would be great!!! think so far me, sal, tracey and deb are meeting
kaz x

salcha66

Hello Lovely Ladies !

Blimey its been a long time! Had a lovely meet up with Karen, Debs and Tracey at Haven, time flew that day.
Been to Brighton for a few days, went to watch x factor (i know what a sad middle aged woman i am .....but it was flippin BRILLIANT !:)
Work today and tomorrow then back for third chemo Friday!
My goodness how did i fill my time before bc i ask myself.
Hope you are all feeling good and am looking forward to seeing whoever can make it on the 8th

Lots of love Sal xx