Anyone from the Isle of Wight

I have just been diagnosed. Aged 40. Can’t actually believe I am writing this. Feeling a bit alone and wondered if anyone from the Isle of Wight is here?

Hello,

So sorry you have joined this club, I am not from the Isle of Wight, but have found this site is amazingly supportive with others sharing their experiences and giving support or advice as you need it. 

I am sure the Isle of Wight peeps will soon be along too, offering their support, until then if I can help in any way, pls ask, even the daftest of questions :slight_smile:

Be kind to yourself, and sending you big hugs.

Lexilou x x

Thank you for your reply. I am just feeling very frightened and alone :frowning:

Hi, so sorry you have only had my response to date. In truth it took me months to use this site after my diagnosis. If you want to private message me or write more am happy to try to help. I found loneliness set in for me after I had had radiotherapy & was recovering from that.

Best wishes, sending you many warm thoughts & hugs,
LL x x

Hi Molliana
Welcome to the BCC forums, along with the support here please feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

You may also find some of the support ideas on our younger women pages helpful, BCC run ‘Younger women together’ events which you may be able to attend at some point although I realise you are not based on the mainland, here you can meet up with others and gain support and information, here’s a link to these events and further support ideas in case this may be an option for you:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/talks-courses-local-support/younger-women-together

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=younger_women

Our live chats run weekly on a Thursday evening 8.30-9.30 so please take a look at this link as this may be a form of support you can easily access:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi, I love in Eastbourne, so in the regionish but not close enough, I have found the forum to be a blessing as have found confidence to share things perhaps would not have done face to face and the wisdom, humour and just general good advice has been so helpful, good luck and thinking of you x x

Lol I also live in eastbourne as well as love in Eastbourne !!! X x

Fabulous typo x x

Thank you for your replies. I guess noone is from here.
My diagnosis is getting worse by the minute. I went from finding a lump and them thinking it’s benign to now having two lumps of invasive breast cancer and a mastectomy in a week!
It’s all happening to someone else I am sure.

Hey Mollianna,

Like you I went thru several revised diagnoses, but like Chez I had WLE & SNB followed by rads. There is a very lively thread with some ladies similar to you - just diagnosed or not, but all in the very new stages of this horrible life you are living at the moment, and also playing the waiting game. Not sure if you may benefit from speaking / typing with them, or, on monday ring the help line, they really are amazing. Cant change the diagnosis, but can be that person in real time helping you. Thinking of you x x

LL

I had two biopsies followed by a WLE and SNB. They said after surgery my lymph nodes were clear but when then came back from the lab apparently there was a micro bit in there. My WLE was fine but didn’t get clear margins so they went back to surgery to get clear margins and do the SNB. In doing so they found another small lump next to the original one which now doesn’t have clear margins. Hence this decision I have to make by Monday and going ahead with mastectomy.
I have found this lump myself. It’s not showing on mammograms or really on ultrasound. They new lump was a surprise and i expect they don’t want anymore puppiessurprises. Still i don’t understand why they can’t get good imaging. Mri or something.
I have a four year old and a single mum who works full time. I am scared they are going to tell me I have cancer everywhere.

My typos were appalling. This is the thread For typos.

Hi

bit late to this thread but I am also on the isle of wight.  I was diagnosed in feb this year

phyllodes tumour(benign) and a non invasive DCIS but follow up histology showed there were invasive cells also.

I had a mastectomy with implant but it became infected and had to be removed.

Fortunately chemo & radio were not needed

given this thread is over a year old I am hoping you are well on the road to recovery