75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got biopsies/surgery next week.

Re: Anyone got biopsies/surgery next week.

Poppyfields

Great to hear from you and that it is over - sounds like a bigger op than planned but pleased you are recovering as well can be expected. Totally natural to be emotional as you have been on a rollercoaster. Hope you get some well deserved rest - sending you my best wishes.

S

Hi all, Surgery went well on Wed.
Allocated my bed by 08:30 and taken down to radiology for 2 wire localisations done via digital mammogram and the other via ultrasound completed by mid morning with radiologist and then wheeled straight up to operating theatre floor to be prepared for surgery.

Discussions between the radiologist & surgeon prior to going into theatre resulted in the surgeon telling me he had decided to take a larger tissue area than he originally thought and after surgery he told my husband and friend he had to remove even more so i ended up with a quadrantectomy.

Was back on the surgical ward by about 3ish from recovery. Slick processes, excellent organisation, medical staff &porters. (Spanish NHS hospital.)Very impressed.

Im strapped up like a mummy!!! Which is very supportive. i have a drain and have to go to Drs every 2 days and hospital revision on Monday. Before i went into theatre the surgeon said 3-4 weeks for pathology results. Glad its out of the way and can get on with recovery. Wasnt expecting the bandaging or drain but i guess it was a bigger op than originally expected.

Feeling quite weak and was abit emotional this morning.

Thanks for your best wishes and good luck Celbelle. Let us know.

Xx

Hi Poppyfields

Thinking of you today .....

S

Hi Poppyfields

I'm still waiting too! I had my surgical biopsy two weeks ago today. I had an appointment for last Friday but they postponed it until this Friday as my results weren't back. The consultant said she'd ring if my results came back before my appointment this week if it was good news. I wish she hadn't said that as now I'm waiting for the phone to ring.

I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow, I found the op ok but then mine was only under a local and I didn't need the wire.

Best of luck

Celene x

Poppyfields

Just sending you a hug and best wishes for tomorrow xxxx

Hi Poppyfields

I couldn't find my post from Dec. I didn't take any additional stuff - once I had finally been settled in and saw my surgeon and anaesthetist, whilst wearing my own outdoor clothes ... - I got into the gown, wonderful compression tights -- and was on my way. I was sent home between localisation and op as there were no beds available ... that was not comfortable - being driven home with two wires in place! Thank you so much for asking about me - I am back to normal - but struggling with bra sizing. I have a few pains and quite lumpy which I am now monitoring. Outside scar has healed really well. Any questions pls come back to me.

Hi East side

I've got my front zip up sports bra recommend by you in Dec!! I'm in for 8am so I assume the wire will be done soon after. I've got a friend taking me and staying with me and another arriving around 1pm. Hubby will pop in depending on his work.

Is there anything else you think I should take? Dressing gown for eg, cosy socks etc? I forgot to ask the nurse when the phone call finally came!! She said all being well I should go home in the afternoon /evening.

How are you doing now after your op?

There were loads of us waiting in December and now no one seems to be around (good in obvious aspects!) Yes I know the wait for results will be another challenge.... Always waiting!!
Thanks for being in touch. I appreciate it.
Xx

Hi Poppyfields

you have been waiting for this a while. I had mine done end Nov so not waiting but I do know what it is like. Having the pre op localisation can mean a really long day - for me that was done at 0730hrs and final op 1430hrs - I wasn't really ready for that.  I hate GA but once I got my head in the right space it was fine. Take a good sports bra with you - one that zips at the front ( m and s do good ones) . As soon as you get that on after the better it is - and is a must for the journey home and days thereafter. It's v important to get your arms moving as well - plenty of little exercises on this and other forums.  Waiting for the results again can be awful - and you know exactly what that feels like. Thinking of you

s

Hi Helena,

We've spoken before, thanks for replying. I'm getting a bit nervous now about the op and general anesthetic but I'm not focusing on the results yet.... one thing at a time.

I have to be at the hospital at 8am wed morning.

Hope you are OK, you are all an inspiration here... Thanks.

Xx

Anyone got biopsies/surgery next week.

I'm having a surgical biopsy with wire localisation next week under general anesthetic, I've lost all my waiting buddies from December as they have all had their biopsies and been given the all clear.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there currently waiting and wanting company??