cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got bulge after diep/tram

3 REPLIES 3
lisaf

Re: Anyone got bulge after diep/tram

Thanks helps loads. Ha lipo from hips into smaller boob sounds like a plan lol!!!!! Just want a bit of a waist back, wearing pants like maternity pants at the mo!!!

nonsuch

Hi Lisa,

I was a bit swollen overall between boobs and my tum seam, but it gradually dispersed, I'm sure yours will go down some more! Four weeks is nothing really, for recovery. I think about this stage I was able to increase my exercises which then increased my flexibility and after another week you'll be even better.

as you might know, I've been reading up on lipo for dog ears and it takes you into diep and other tummy reduction op touch ups. Evidently there's a process of tapering off the amount of fat towards the "seam" so that it lies flatter and if this isn't sufficient to make it flat, I read that it's quite common to lipo the area once it's settled down. If there's another body area that needs a bit of extra fill, then it can be one of the sources for the extra. This was all news to me, but then ive got no reason to know this really, but it seems to make sense!

Hope this helps. Bit more?
Xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I had a diep in the middle of last year and the swelling lasted for ages - including that bulge. It was explained to me that your body (understandably) sees surgery as invasive and unwelcome and trauma around the wound can take ages to settle. I wasn't expecting another operation but the plastic surgeon wants to do a little liposuction to round out the edges of the scar and even up the fat deposits. It's apparently very common and I'll be able to come home the same day (if somewhat bruised)

lisaf

Anyone got bulge after diep/tram

Hi all, maybe I am being impatient but was chuffed for my double recon, one side was diep and one side was tram and due to different operations over the year the recons were totally different. My boobs are totally different sizes but once have another op will help but it's amazing to have two boobs that belong to me and no implant under my collar bone lol, however i had had my lower belly removed and then i had a bit of a roll under my boobs to waist and it looks like this had been pulled down so i have a bulge and no waist - i am chuffed with everything had done but with no waist im having to go up a size in my trousers and wear them up around my chest (bit like Simon Cowell lol), has anyone else had this?

Im 4 weeks post ops and lots of swelling has gone down but just bit worried about my shape... i am up and about and walking further each day and doing bits and pieces - amazing what difference even a week can make

Thanks for any info x