Anyone had Bi-rad score of 3 and it turned out to be cancer?

Finished chemo 7 months ago and rads 4 months ago. Went for first mammogram after treatment to get told I have area of concern though score 3 (probably benign). Having digital mammogram and ultrsound on Monday but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this and had negative or positive feedback :slight_smile:

Bump

bump

Hi Jackster
Sorry not had the same as you but have just been dx with new cancer in other breast that everyone was convinced was benign lump. I finished chemo in Sept 11 so know what you are going through!! Hopefully it will stay as B3 after all the tests
Good Luck

Jill

Thanks for getting back to me Jill. Ive gone from shock to heck its going to be alright to NO it cant be cancer after finishing chemo 7 months ago. I had an MRI and 3 core biopsies on this specific breast at time of diagnosis and PS said that there was no cancer. When I saw him the other day for talks on reconstruction he just had a sad look on his face saying that we would discuss my options after they get the results of the tests next week. Bi-rads 3 appears to state that its probably benign so I dont know why Im getting so worried :frowning:

I do hope it is nothing! I Had convinced myself mine was nothing so really big shock when it turned out to be back so soon. Get my results from WLE on Friday. I think if you prepare for the worst it hopefully ? wont be as big a shock. All though that is probably the most inane thing I have ever said LOL
Take care and hope the next week isnโ€™t too excrutiating whilst waiting!!!

Big Hugs winging there way to you

Jill

Jill I hope your results are good. It must have been awful for you when you were told its back. And I get your point thinking the worse might in a lot of ways help (and probably a few glasses of wine). Do you know if its a new primary or a recurrence of your past cancer? Im assuming youll know that on Friday. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get positive news xx Hug back x

hijackster
sorry to hear you are going through this worry again. i had breast cancer 5 years ago and have got a lump just near the scar. i went for a mammogram which did not show it however it showed on the ultrasound. the radiologist said it is probably benign but wants a mri,i guess i am in the same boat as you wondering if anyone has been told their imaging was probably benign only to then find out it is cancer. i have been told it will be 5 to 6 weeks until i get an appointment,
xx

5 to 6 weeks God thats awful. As we all know the waiting is terrible and something we have to endure but heck that is too long. Cant you ring someone and complain or act crazy :slight_smile: Ive seen this work with other people. The hard part is what our brains do during this time. I go from thinking positive or even over positive to god Im dieing and feel utterly petrified. For weeks before I found out the results of the mammogram I have had pains under my arm, throat and groin, like my glands are swollen and I put this down to the effects of chemo. Now I imagine that its cancer and its attacking my whole body. See completely paranoid.
Hopefully we will both get good news in the end xxxx

Hi
Got results today unfortunately it is Invasive grade 3 TNBC exactly the same as first one! Have to have SNB now on 17th July didnt do it with WLE as have lymphodema in other arm after last SNB and they hoped! it was just DCIS. Is a new primary not a recurrence aparently this is good news? Not sure I can see why LOL.
Will need chemo and rads again Oh Joy!!!

Going to have the tests for faulty gene when finished treatment as well.
Let us know how you get on next week will keep fingers and toes crossed for good results for you
Jill xxxx

Oh Jill cancer is a real sh**. I heard that having a new primary is better than a recurrence. I know either way at the moment it doesnt seem to matter as you must be feeling scared and worried about doing the whole thing again. I use to think that if you were a good person nothing bad would happen to you but this last year and after last week Im begining to realise that life is not the fairy tale that we hope for.
Enough misery. Youve got to get yourself prepared and I send big, big hugs your way. PM me if you need to talk more x

Hi Jill,
jackster is right cancer is s**** sorry it has darkened your doorstep again. Good luck for snb
jackster how are you doing?
Xx

Hi Jackster
Hope tests went well yesterday? Did you find out anything?
Powerjen
Thanks yes cancer is s**t I think I have nearly! got my head sorted! Just seems every time I go back the news gets worse! Am just going to have nice quiet few weeks before SNB
Jill

Hi Jill
Well I went to the hospital at 9am and by 10 am i was told that everything was clear. The Xray doctor apologised for putting me through the stress but stated that she wanted to make sure that everything was fine.
The relief was immense and to be honest I know I should be shouting from the rooftops but I have been in bed since with symptoms of the flu.
Jill I thought of you when I left the hospital yesterday and I pray that you start to get good news from here on in.
Thanks for your support xxx

Jackster

Fabulous!!! I am so pleased for you I know what a worry it is and it must be such a relief for you.
Go and have a celebratory drink and have one for me!!
Take very good care of yourself

Jill xxx

Fab news jackster,
jill, hope you have a peaceful few weeks
x

Thanks Powergen :slight_smile: I think its time I get over the fear of cancer returning and trying to rebuild my life again. When I was diagnosed a year ago I dreamed of it being the next year and having everything finished. What with pains and aches and feeling lost I never really understood what this diagnosis would mean. I wish happiness for us all.

love jacks xxx