Anyone here from the Alton, Hampshire area?

Hi
I am 50 years old, married with 2 children. I was DX in May, Grade 3 breast cancer 12mm lump, with 2 out of 22 lymph nodes involved, Lumpectomy in June followed by 3xFEC and just had 2nd Docataxel today, Will then have 15 rads and Tamoxifen for 5 years. Being treated at Basingstoke, where staff have been fantastic. Would love to hear from anyone in the same situation who is local to me just to chat and offer support, maybe even meet up for lunch or coffee at some point,

Julie xxxx

Hello slinkydinky,

I live in Fareham, and run a support group for ‘younger’ women but we welcome women of any age, I have 2/3 members in their mid/late 40’s. We are meeting for lunch in Fareham in about 4 weeks if you would like to join us.

Ruth

Hi Rufus,

Thanks for your reply. I would love to meet up with you all in a few weeks if that is OK. Funnily enough we used to live in Gosport, in Elson, but moved to this area about 13 years ago with my OH’s change of job, so I know Fareham although I think quite a lot has changed there since we moved- don’t get back down there a great deal. Perhaps you could send me some more details of the meet when you are ready. Great to hear from you,

Julie xx

That is where we used to live before moving to Spain in 2001

Hi slinkydinky,

We are meeting on 18th October at ASK restaurant in Fareham at 12pm I will be booking a table nearer the time, you will be very welcome. A group of 6 of us met about 3 weeks ago and its was a really enjoyable afternoon.

Ruth

Hi slinkydinky
Have just found your post - I’m being treated at Basingstoke too - just had 1st epi on Oct 9th. How are you doing?
Carol

Hi Carol,

Lovely to hear from you. Sorry I haven’t replied sooner, but haven’t been on the site for a few days. When were you diagnosed and how did your first epi go? Hope you didn’t have too many side effects. I had my last chemo 2 weeks ago, just trying to avoid my husband now who has a cold!!! Have got 15 sessions of rads from 13/11 then that’s me done for now I hope - but then who knows with this disease as I expect you have gathered from other threads on this site. I don’t know your situation or how much support you are getting but it would be great to keep in touch via this site if you like and if you want to chat or meet up for lunch or coffee then we can always do that as well at some stage if you like,

Julie

Hi Julie
Good to hear from you too! I was diagnosed Sept 2nd - first epi was ok but did feel rough for a few days. Today was the day most of my hair fell out - I now have one very sore scalp!! That’s another box ticked!! I still feel as though I’m just starting a very long journey - lucky you having your last chemo - if it was in Basingstoke that must have been the same day as my first!! Are you going to S’ton for your rads? Would definitely be good to keep in touch!
Carol

Hi Carol,

Glad the epi wasn’t too bad - I lost my hair as well although it is just starting to grow back, like a fine down all over. Yes, my last chemo was on the 9th. What time were you on the Basing unit - I’m wondering if you were one of the ladies I was talking to as there were 2 or 3 “new” ladies in at the time. My appointment was at 9am and I was there until about 2.25 - on the ward with the chairs. Yes, I will be going to S’ton for rads,

Julie

eeeek - yes I was there at that time!! Which one were you?

Ummm I was the very short lady with the shoulderr length brunette wig, on my own, sat on a middle chair. They had trouble getting the canula in my hand - took 4 goes. Which one were you?

first chair on left !! Yes I remember you - it’s good to be able to put a face to you!!

Oh I remember you too I think, the slim lady with the short fair hair, first on left as you walk in the door?

Yes that was me ! Do you wnat to send me your e-mail address in a PM - may be easier to keep in touch?