69.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone in County Down, Northern Ireland?

76 REPLIES 76
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone in County Down, Northern Ireland?

Hi girls

I'm having a mastectomy after treatment. taking it one day at a time at the minute. Not feeling great and just hope to remain positive for next few months. Thanks for replies and hope to chat soon

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carolyn ,

I'm glad your bone scan came back clear ,and hopefully the CT and x-rays will too , fingers crossed ,for when you eventually get them back.

I too am blank for ideas for the next meetup ,its nice when its a charity event or breast cancer fundraiser that we can support,maybe Carol or Jill might have some fresh ideas, but if not food and a glass of wine sounds great, if possible an afternoon or a night during the week as my caravan opens mid march, but feel free if that doesn't everyone to continue to meet up on a sat , and I'll catch up on the thread, Sorry to be a pain , but if there is a fundraiser or event somewhere ,I'm sure I could miss the van one weekend , sorry to be babbling on a bit.

Julie xx

Missy64

Hi girls

A big welcome to Mrs mc, good luck with your next chemo. I also had chemo but had my surgery first. Like the others I'm sure we could arrange a meet-up to suit everyone - quite fancy a change of scenery from Belfast.

Julie, glad to hear your mammo results were clear and I know exactly how you feel regarding waiting, its dreadful. I had my bone scan on 9th Feb (told results would be week to 10 days)(hilarious) and got the results this morning, only because my oncologist's secretary faxed them to my gp, but they were good news and all is clear in the bone department. Had a CT scan and four x-rays on 25th Feb, was told would get results in about a week (hahaha) a week! I should have asked which year! Phoned today and will be lucky if I get any results by this time next week. So, I am thinking if the bone scan was clear everything else is too! (positive thinking)

We most certainly will have to get the next meet up organised, unfortunately I've no bright ideas at the moment but I'm happy to go anywhere even if its just for a bite to eat and glass or two of wine.

Carolyn x

Still haven't got around to starting a new thread with a new title dropping the County Down bit. Will have to do that next time.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls,

Welcome too our new member Mrs Mc, as Carol has said beforehand ,A meetup somewhere in the middle I'm sure could be organised.I hope your second treatment goes ok .

Got the results of my mammogram this morning at the hospital,they were clear or satisfactory as they said ,( yea ha ) the last two weeks waiting have been nail biting to say the least ( nails bitten too the quick ,ouch).

Carolyn I was wondering if you've had your scan or tests yet,and if you got results back yet.

My daughter straightned my very curly ( regrown ) hair this morning, Im amazed at the length of it and the reaction from the girls in work was amazing ,both my girls said "your more like our wee mummy now " brought a tear to my eye I must admit.

Looking forward to the next meetup , which we need to orgainse soon.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi mrs mc

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to this thread. i'm sure you have read over it already..there are 4 of us who are now in regular contact with each other and even though you do live farther away, just wanted to say that we're available for a chat anytime.

maybe we could arrange a meet up somewhere in the middle at some stage?
Are you having a mastectomy or lumpectomy after you chemo?

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

I'm from county tyrone - not too far away. It would be great to chat to ladies who live nearby. I'm 41 married with three children and am just about to have my second treatment of chemo. My operation is planned for after my treatment and I wondered was anyone in a similar position

Guest user
Not applicable

HI carol,julie and carolyn,
Thanks for a great day on Saturday (apart from the last contradictary "de-clutter talk",carolyn, you where so funny!! Good luck with scans,thinking about you...
Hope to meet up again soon,

Jill

Missy64

Hi Girls

Just confirming my attendance....see you all at 12.45.

Carolyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls ,

See you all tommorow ,looking forward too it,

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All, just a quick note,

see you all at 12.45 tomorrow,

looking forward to seeing you all,

jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

Hope everyone is well, just logging on to confirm arrangements for tomorrow.

If we meet about 12.45, go in the main door of the Four Winds, up the stairs facing you to a little reception area outside the Ink restaurant. There's seating there as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and also looking forward to our 'Ladies who Lunch' Day. I think there may still be tickets for anyone else who would be interested. I will keep checking the forum in case anyone else would like to join us. You would be very welcome.
see you all tomorrow
Carol x

Missy64

Thanks for arranging that Carol, it looks like it will be really enjoyable, I’m really looking forward to it. After the past couple of weeks I’ve had I really do need something to look forward to; I’m back on the roller coaster again with two scans in the next few weeks…hopefully (fingers crossed) I’ll be getting off soon again.

Seems like ages since we last met up; I suppose it was last year! Will watch out for the meet-up arrangements.

Carolyn x

PS We weren't in the 'In' magazine, actually very few people were and there was no mention of Noleen or Pretty n Pink!

Guest user
Not applicable

Went into work today for a few hours and checked out the details for next week just to see what we're getting for our £20.

Starts 1pm in the Ink Restaurant, 2 course lunch with complementary wine tasting, lancome skincare demo, miligo jewellery stand, some fashion talk to tell us all how to dress properly!and most importantly proceeds this year are going to Marie Curie.

Should be a good day....see you then but will touch base next week to confirm meet up arrangements.
Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls ,

The 6th suits me too ,looking forward to our catch up ,and of course ladies who lunch.

Carol thanks for organising the tickets, I'm happy to leave this sat and just meet up on the 6th Feb,

Jill, hope your mum is feeling better.

Carolyn ,I'll try and remember too bring along your umberella ,still think I'm suffering from chemo brain , keep forgeting everything maybe its my age lol

See you all soon,

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for booking the tickets Carol. Looking forward to seeing you all on the 6th,

jillx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls
OK, I've booked the tickets and we're all set for Saturday 6th February at a time to be arranged, probably will be around 12 o'clock or so.

Shall we leave this Saturday then, is that Ok with everyone?

Anyone else who wishes to come along is very welcome...just let me know asap and I will check out ticket availability.
Will be in touch to confirm times later.

Carol X

Missy64

Hi Girls

Please count me in too. The 6th suits me fine, actually most weekends suit me - I lead such a busy life, not! Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Jill, hope your mum will be back in the driving seat again soon.

Carolyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,
Yes i would love to go to ladies who lunch!..i may be a bit hungover but it sounds like fun...im partying more now than i was at christmas!

look forward to seeing you all,

jill xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol ,

'Ladies who lunch' day sounds lovely , I would be up for that ,as this weekend I'm out on fri nite at a fundraiser event ,then on sat nite I'm at an engagement party, not usually so busy at a weekend .But if the 6th Feb doesn't suit everyone I can still come this sat the 30th as organised.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls
Hope everyone is keeping well.
Not sure what way we are with our plans, however there is a 'Ladies who lunch' day going on at the Fourwinds Bar and restaurant on Sat 6th feb if it would suit anyone?
The company for which I work organize these days every now and again in the Ink restaurant at the Four Winds.
For £20 you get a lovely lunch, usually a goodie bag as well(think its Lancome this time)and then wine tasting!!
I was thinking that as its at the Four Winds Jill may also nip in for an hour?

All welcome and let me know your thoughts as I would have to pre book the tickets
Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,
thanks,but dont let me stop you going out, i can go the next time..im not usually such a social butterfly,but im at a wedding first weekend of feb,the next one is half term and valentines day for you romantics, the 19th is having my valentines treat, not sure where!....so to cut a long story short,im free weekend evenings,afternoons and the last weekend of feb...sorry to be such a pain...if you want to go ahead feel free and i,ll make sure i can join you the next time.

Hope you are all well,

love jill

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Girls,

Jill, I too hope your mum recovers soon , after her op.I agree with Carol the next meetup is flexible just what suits everyone ,Febuary sometime sounds great.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Jill, I hope your mum recovers well from her op, it must be quite manic for you at the moment. The last Sat in January is not set in stone, so would it suit, do you think, to wait until sometime in February? I'm sure that would be fine with everyone else. What do you think?

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy New Year Girls,
Time flies,im nursing mum again,she had an emergency op last fiday for a detached retina, we dont know yet how much of her sight she will regain in her left eye {hopefully she can still drive!!) But im playing nurse, she has to sleep totally upright for 2 weeks!, and we've family home from Canada..never a dull moment...
Im sorry i cant make it the last Sat of Jan,but have a great lunch and ill definately see you the next time,and hopefully some more members of our little group!

Hope you are all doing well,

Love Jill x

ps im looking out for the IN Ni magazine!

Missy64

Hi Girls

It has been quiet hasn't it! This is the first chance I've really had to sit down and post a message. Things have been hectic at work lately, office move and only just starting to settle down now.

The last Saturday in January is good for me too. Any suggestions where? Looking forward to it, wherever it is.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Carolyn xx

TO ALL OTHERS READING THIS, PLEASE DO COME ALONG AND JOIN US. WE DON'T BITE!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Just letting you know that the last Sat in January is Ok with me if it suits everyone else

carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carol, Jill and Carolyn,

Lunch sounds lovely , maybe the last sat in January if that suits everyone , and hopefully the weather will have improved a wee bit ,

Julie x

Ps Same as Carol , please feel free to join us , the more the merrier.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls
Just wanted to bump up our thread as it has been a while since anyone has posted.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas/New Year and hopefully we will touch base again in the forthcoming weeks....maybe another Saturday lunch would be good?

Everyone welcome and it would be great to hear from anyone else out there, feel free to join us

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls ,

I just want to wish you all a happy and healthy new year , I hope you all had a lovely xmas , see you all in the new year .

Julie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Just wanted to come online to wish everyone a great Christmas.
Carolyn, glad you enjoyed your break away,its good to hear positive feedback about different places.

Look forward to seeing you all again in the new year but in the meantime enjoy the holidays and will talk soon
Carol x

Missy64

Hi Girls, I'm back!

I've been rather busy these last few days and haven't had a chance to get online. I had a briliant weekend (when we eventually got there after being redirected to Katowice) and would thoroughly recommend Krakow, its a beautiful city and the Christmas Market was great especially the Polish version of Gluwein (we were at the Market every night)and I would love to see more of Krakow in the summer.

I had a great night at the fashion show, except for my little outburst but I was so glad to hear Noeleen came across and spoke to you all - she has certainly been through the wringer at such a young age. NOELEEN PLEASE DO JOIN US AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IS READING THIS.

Julie, I hope your infection clears up and that your mri resutls are also clear.

Looking forward to our next little soiree.

Carolyn xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI girls ,

Sorry I haven't been on , the doc drained the fluid off with a lovely big needle ( ouch), have to see her again on the 17th Dec for an ultrasound , to see if the infection has cleared up . I'm up with the onc on Mon for my 6 weekly check so hopefully my mri results will be back ' I enjoyed our nite at the whig and i hope Noeleen joins r we group as she said she has been on the thread and new we were meeting up .

Carolyn I hope you had a lovely break away.

Looking forward too the next meetup ,and the same as the others girls, anyone feel free to join us the more the merrier.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Carole,we did knock "the one for the road" back!! I got a taxi a couple of mins after you left.

I send Carolyn a txt about Noeleen coming over to us and looking for her),and she txt me back from airport,pleased about the contact and sorry she had to leave early. Noeleen is a lovely girl and has had such a hard time so young,she seemed to take our views onboard!

All in all it was a great night,if a bit loud!!

Julie,how did you get on with Miss Refsum? I hope you are feeling better.

Looking forward to the next time,and anyone else from NI, please feel free to join us.

Jill x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well girls

Hopefully Carolyn got her flight on time this morning.
I really enjoyed last night, Jill I hope you got your taxi, I felt bad leaving you on your own.
Had a touch of a headache today...that was the one for the road Jill!!
Julie, was thinking about you today and wondering how your appt went with Miss Refsum. Did you ask about the nodes?
Will keep in touch and arrange a meet up in the new year.

This invite is open to all...please feel free to join us.
Carol x

Missy64

Hi Girls

Well, following your text replies, it looks like we're all on for Wednesday night. 🙂 Shame I have to rush off early but flight to catch next morning.

If there are any others who would like to join us, we are meeting at the Northern Whig, Belfast on Wednesday 2 December, for a local charity (Pretty in Pink) fashion show with a StyleFix Hair and Beauty Zone, starts at 7.30pm till late. Just get in touch via this thread.

Carolyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

By the way if there are any other ladies out there who would like to meet up please feel free to join us.

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Carolyn got your text re tickets..thanks for going to the trouble of getting these for us...can't believe they're free of charge!
I completely understand about you probably not being able to go as you have a pre-arranged break planned and I would more than likely do the same thing by not going to the fashion show- it would be too much of a rush for you.
That leaves the rest of us to decide what to do. I am really easy and will fit in with whatever Jill and Julie decide as you both live further away and would need more organising to get there.. let me know what you think. We could also wait until all 4 of us are available for another time.
Julie, how did your MRI go? Have been thinking about you and hope you will have your results soon
Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

I had a really good time on sat afternoon , really enjoyed being able to talk about our different experiences, the food ,drink and company was great , hopefully the 2nd of dec is our next meetup and if not I'm sure we can organise an other date between us.

Carol, no probs about rushing on ,its hard sometimes too get parked its very busy around there .

Jill, I'm the same with wine , one more glass and I'd probably been singing ( LOL)and thats not a pretty sound .

Carloyn, hope too here from you soon about the charity nite.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Just to say thanks for a great Saturday afternoon ..good food..good wine..good company..can't ask for more than that.
Julie, sorry I had to rush on , my partner was on his way and didn't want him to have to drive round.
I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hope your MRI scan goes well. Let us know how you get on.

Will hear from you soon , maybe for Wed 2nd?

Carol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carole,Julie and Carolyn,

It was lovely to meet you all on Saturday. Julie thanks for the lift......Ive proved, again i cant drink wine during the day! oops..

Catch up asap,

Jill xox

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jill,

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the girls tomorrow , see you then.

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls,

Thanks,im really looking forward to meeting you all,

Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jill
Brilliant that you are coming on Saturday.. cant wait to meet up with everyone.

See you all there

Carol x

Missy64

Hi Jill

Brilliant that you can join us, the more the merrier. See you at 2pm Saturday.

Carolyn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carolyn, Carole,and Julie et al!!

Thanks for bumping this up,i would love to join you all if that is ok?

Im terrible with names and recognising people...

would love to meet up for a drink and a natter on Saturday,

Jill

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Carolyn & Carol ,

Sat @ 2pm @ the Northern Whig sounds great, see you both outside,
looking forward to it .

Julie x

Missy64

BUMP

Missy64

BUMPING UP TO HOPEFULLY CATCH EVENING FORUM READERS.

Missy64

BUMPING THIS UP ...........

This little get together is open to all!

Carolyn

xxx

I'll keep bumping this up over the next few days.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Carolyn

Yes...Northern Whig it is on Saturday at 2 o clock.
Looking forward to seeing you and Julie there.

Anyone else who catches this thread please feel free to come along!

Carol x