Anyone in Middlesex?

Hi All,
I hope I have found my way to the right place! Please forgive me for lack of knowledge re: abbreviations etc.
A friend of mine was diagnosed with triple negative, agressive, stage 3 bc in June '08. She was 37 at diagnosis, with children aged 8,6,20months and 5week old twins.
She has had surgery to remove the lump, followed by 5x FEC and is about to start radiotherapy in the next few days. She has been told she will need more chemo as so far it hasn’t been as sucessful as hoped.
While she has a strong and supportive family and friends network around, who are great with all the practical stuff, she is feeling extremely anxious and in need of some emotional support from someone “who can truly understand” what it’s like to be in this position with a very young family.
I wonder if any of you might be able to suggest any options to me, perhaps even a “Buddy” or “Peer Supporter”?
Thanks and best wishes,
45boys

Hi 45 Boys

I am sorry to read about your friends diagnosis. Breast cancer care do run a Peer Support service. If you go to the following link you will find details of the Peer support service and also a link to information on the other support services available.

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=4438

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes
Sam (BCC Facilitator)