Anyone in North Norfolk?

Hi, I was diagnosed in February and have had bilateral mastectomy and axilla clearance and am now on Tamoxifen. Is there anyone in my age bracket (40-45) who would like to meet in the Aylsham/Norwich area for a coffee and a chat or anything really?

Bringing this to the top for Redterrier

Jo, Facilitator

Hello! I would like to meet you again! I think so we met each other in Norwich lingrie evening? I was sitting next to you.I am living in Lowestoft. My orgin country is Latvia. How are you? I was a bit in trouble as my bone scan showed up some spots on my hip - but it was of tamoxifen. And it is not too bad. How are your shouders - as remember you a bit struggled for it?

Hello and Happy New Year. Glad your scan was OK - hope you are on the road to recovery now. My shoulder is improving fast now thank you - regular trips to the osteopath are helping enormously. I’m hoping to have reconstruction this year and have joined the Norwich Support Group of ‘Keeping Abreast’. They hold regular meetings at Norwich Hospital (although last night’s was cancelled due to the snow) - I think the next one is on 13th March. Would you like to meet up at this as it is pretty central from Lowestoft and North Norfolk? Their website is www.keepingabreast.co.uk.
If you prefer to meet for a coffee we can always meet up in Norwich - the cakes and coffee at Valerie Patisserie near the Castle Mall are very lovely - perhaps we should wait for the bad weather to leave us and get together when travelling is better??
Look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Nicola

Thank you so much about website!
I would like to take part in any group as I never did this after mastectomy. I am so happy - you gave me that choice! Is it all right if I am coming from Suffolk?
Yes, weather is horrible. I would like to tell weather is ouite good but car’s wheels here are rubish. Need special wheels. I was driving in deep snow as I am coming from quite cold country, but it was much easiest then here. My colleague drove four hours from work in Lowestoft to Norwich.
I am hoping as well to have reconstruction. I saw so nice rekon with lipo filling only. No implants and no damaged muscles. But NHS is not doing yet. And private doctors prices are too high. I found out in Latvia one doctor togeather with dr. Kihori from Florida -they are doing for 3500 pounds. But it is just temporary as the real price is about 45 000 dollars.
Next week I am going to Latvia for my mum’s birthday. Will be back on 7 of February. Will meet each other after. O - I am so happy if I found here you!
Ievina

Hi Levina
Have a great holiday in Latvia - I expect people cope much better there with the snow than us Brits do! Drop me a line on your return and we’ll arrange to meet in Norwich once the weather has improved and hopefully we’ll get to the next Keeping Abreast meeting in March as well - that should be interesting as it is one of the reconstruction surgeons speaking so we should get lots of information I would think. I will also introduce you to a lovely lady I met in the hospital last year who is just about to have the expander implant removed and the proper implant put in so she will give us lots of insider information as well I think - she is also just a lovely lady.
Have a good trip and happy birthday to your mum.
Nicola xx

Thank you ! Happy New Year to you and yours family!
O my Goodness -what is going on with my memory - I forgot to say you Hppy New Year!
Tomorow going from Stansted to Riga by Ryanair. I just hope so the flight will be in right time. See you after 7 of february!

Hi Nicola
I’m on the outskirts of Norwich and just had WLE for DCIS. Recovering well and able to drive and happy to meet for a cuppa. Going a bit stir crazy off work!
Sue

Hi 

I am a bit older than you (51) but I have had two mastectomies and am taking Tam.  I am happy to meet for a chat if you like.

Jules

I live near Fakenham - prepared to travel for a chat! Just had mastectomy/reconstruction so can’t drive for another 4.5 weeks but it would be nice to know if there is anyone out there for when I am mobile.