Anyone in Nottingham?

Hi Everyone
Anyone out there from Nottingham and having treatment at Nottingham Breast Unit?

Cheers
JF

Hi I’m Denise in Nottingham and having chemo at city hos and will be at the breast clinic this month. Be good to talk to someone local .

Hi,
i’ve only just found this thread.i had my chemo at the Nottingham City Hospital. The last one on May 23rd. I’ve just started Anastrozole. If you have’nt already been, and you get the chance, visit Maggies near the breast clinic. My next onco app is on 16th July.
Poemsgalore xxx

Mine is also on the 16 July 3.00 at the Breast clinic to find out about MRI that I had on Tuesday
D xx

Hi, yes I’m new in nottingham. Diagnosed end last week and starting chemo next - head all over. What a roller coaster!

Hi
I’m in nottingham too.
It looks like 16th is a busy day, I start my chemo 16th (fec-t)

Debs

Good luck those starting chemo next week. Good luck Denise at the Breast Institute. My appointment with onco is at 9.30 am, so will probably have gone home before you arrive Denise. If I knew the time of the chemo ladies appointments, I might be able to pop up and say hi.
PG xx

Good luck at the Breast Institute Denise
and good luck catey my cemo is at 2pm on tues maybe will bump into you or PG

Debs

Ooooooh…i was alone in here for so long I dozed off! When I finally woke up I had loadsa mates :slight_smile:

I am back at City tomorrow for radiotherapy planning, CT, tattoo etc. I will give you all a wave. Good luck everyone and take good care of yourselves and keep in touch

JF xx

I have another appointment in Oncology on Tuesday 4th August at 10am. If any of you are around, I’m the one with a boob on the right side but not the left and a big belly that makes me look pregnant!! Hoping all my hair should be back by then, but I suppose my moustache will be too .
Did any of you ever get the chance to visit the Maggies Centre? I’ve not been since April and I would love to get the chance to go.
PG xx

Hi PG

i haven’t been to Maggies. I’ve been passed it and wasn’t sure what it was until I asked. I ought to go have a look. I start rads on 29 th so I might just call in. To be truthful I have been a bit insular with my BC issues, apart from on here. My family were supportive at the start and my mum still is. But now I have had the all clear (I’m not complaining about that) I’m left to it pretty much. I haven’t felt the need to seek alternative support, but I do feel like I am in a bit of a void that is usually filled by work. I suppose I shouldn’t grumble that I don’t have to work in this searing heat. Am I moaning? Noooooooooooooo! I’m alive and the suns shining :slight_smile:

Best of luck with your next appointment PG
JF x

I hope your RADS go well. Also hope you enjoy it in Maggies. i can’t recommend it enough. You are given tea, biscuits, fruit and a friendly ear to listen to any worries you might have. the atmosphere inside is calming too. If you are up to it, there are (free) events going on all the time, some you can just turn up to while others you have to book in advance.

Poemsgalore x

i live in chesterfield junction 29 on the m1 looking for ladies who are in a simila position to me to become friends with any takers ?