Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone in Oxford?

9 REPLIES 9
kathy03

Re: Anyone in Oxford?

Hi Lorna

Sorry to hear you're having to go through chemo at the moment. I hope you get through this part of your treatment without too much difficulty.

I'm fortunate that I haven't had to chemo. I had my first surgery in December 2013 at Wycombe hospital and further surgery beginning of January this year. I had my planning assessment on Wednesday and am due to have 4 weeks of radiotherapy starting the day after Easter Monday.

You may know this already but I noticed there's a thread on 'Going through treatment' where ladies are posting comments  on chemo. I'm sure it would be a great support.

I agree about The Churchill, everyone there was really great and made me feel at ease. 

Let me know how you get on when you feel up to it.

Take care

Kathy x

Elsieoc

Hi Kathy,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I had my 2nd round of chemo on Saturday and this is the first time I've been near a computer since.

Have you had your surgery? I had surgery at the end of Jan & am having 6 rounds of chemo before starting radiotherapy so I can't really comment on how long it normally takes but I know that the waiting is the worst thing.

One thing I would say though is we are lucky to be being treated at such a brilliant hospital.

I hope your appointment comes through soon.

Lorna x

kathy03

Hi Lorna

I live in Buckinghamshire but am due to have radiotherapy at The Churchill, just waiting for planning assessment appointment. I would be interested to know how long you waited after surgery for your radiotherapy. I saw oncologist 2 weeks ago and he told me that they are very busy at Churchill. 

Regards

Kathy

Elsieoc

Elsieoc

I live in Oxford and am having treatment at the Churchill.

I'm not sure whether your treatment is still ongoing or whether it's complete by now.

It would be good to hear from anyone else who is in the same area

Lorna x

Guest user
Not applicable

It went ok thanks! Just feel shattered now, flopping round the house not doing much, but could be lots worse. Really hope your treatment is going well also, thinking of you x
Teej

Good luck for tomorrow - let me know how you get on!
Guest user
Not applicable

I'm newly diagnosed, mid sept and start chemo on Saturday. Then surgery with rads after... It all seems like a long way to the finish line, but i'm just pleased to be starting. I'm also in Abingdon 🙂
Teej

Hello Helen, I live inAbingdon, having treatment at The Manor (same docs as at Churchill). I had rads at Churchill, now back on second lot of chemo within a year for recurrence. How far along are you with treatment?
TJ
Guest user
Not applicable

Anyone in Oxford?

Hi anyone around and about Oxford? I'm having treatment at the Churchill. Helen