Anyone in South Manchester Chorlton area? Looking for someone my age to talk to.

I was diagnosed in August with invasive ductal carcinoma. I had WLE and looks like they got it all but size and grade mean Chemotherapy. I had my first on last week and am thinking I might need to talk to someone who knows what I’m going thru.
I’m 37 mother of one 3 year old girl. Family and friends have been great but it’s all new for them too.
let me know if you are out there.
Sarah

Just BUMPing this up for you in the hope someone spots it soon. I’m not in your geographical area or age-bracket so can’t really help, but I know there are plenty of people on here who are.

You might want to widen your area beyond Chorlton to include e.g. Trafford, Sale, Cheadle & Altrincham areas (or even include Lymm or Warrington) in order to attract more replies. Chorlton is a nice part of Manchester - have many friends in that locale. Is the gorgeous bread shop still there?

Hi RevCat

Yes it is! I buy my bread there yummy. They also sell the best pork pie around (sssshhh don’t tell anyone).

I certainly didn’t mean to restrict the responses to only people in Chorlton. I was just trying to give people an idea where I was so the could work out how close/far we are from each other. All welcome.

Thank you for the bump though :wink:

Sarah

Hi Sarah
im in the Denton area. Quite a bit older though at 48.
I had mx on the 25/9 awaiting post surgey results on weds.
Hope alls ok with you are your journey isn’t too daunting
Annie x

Hi Annie,
the waiting is so hard, I have found all the imagining what could happen worse than the reality. keep yourself busy and fill it with good things if you can. Good luck with your results on weds. I’m not really bothered about age. so if you want to talk. PM me.Take care
Sarah

Hi ladies. I’m not Manchester, but not *too* far away in Wigan. I’m 33 years old and was diagnosed April 2011. I’ve had lumpectomy, done chemo, radio and had my final Herceptin treatment a week ago. Just the 5 years Tamoxifen to go now :stuck_out_tongue: I also have 2 young daughters (now aged 6 & 10) so I’ve been in the position of young mum going through treatment while still trying to juggle something resembling normality at home. It’s hard but doable, and I think the littlies help pull you through the crappy times. Happy to chat about my experiences or just be the ears of someone who’s been there :slight_smile:
Take care.
xxx

Hiya,

I’m 38 and my two boys are 5 and 7. They were 2 and 4 when I was diagnosed two and a half years ago. I had invasive ductal cancer and had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. I am on tamoxifen now. I live in saddleworth so not far from you at all. I went to the younger women’s forum in manchester last year and met a group of other young women from round Manchester , all around my age, and we have a closed Facebook group to support each other. I’m not sure if the Liverpool forum date has already gone but if it hasn’t then I’d heartily recommend you getting on that to meet people at your stage. You might feel alone, but you aren’t. I felt alone and like the freakoid young person when I was diagnosed and through treatment, but afterwards I found there were people my age who lived just 15 minutes away who were diagnosed at the same time. Ask your breast care nurse, or the one at the christie maybe, if there are any other young women diagnosed nearby, see if they can match make you. In the meantime, connect with people on here. I was really helped by having friends via this forum who I could offload to, and I met two lvely lovely women my age too who are still amongst my very best friends, and that was via this forum.

If you want to meet for a coffee, send me a message. I’m not on here much now but will keep an eye out for a reply,

You are not alone, it just can feel a bit like that :frowning:

Vickie
X

Hi fondue girl, Sarah.
I am in the Manchester area, white field, and I had my 1st FEC 12 days ago
I am 35( but only just ) and would be happy to share experiences :).
I have a 13 year old stepson also.

I’m here!!!

Steph xx

Hi Steph and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences here please feel free to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

I am posting a link to the BCC ‘Younger women’ information page where you will find further information and support ideas aimed at women of your age group:

Take care

Lucy

Hi Sarah, I am in Wigan area too (although i normally work in Mcr) I am 45 (though unless I look in the mirror I feel much younger!) I have two boys 6 and almost 3 and was diagnosed with pagets and poss DCIS recently. I am due my mx 1st nov, just waiting results of last weeks lymph biopsy. I wish you all the best for your treatment:)

Hi I was diagnosed in November had Rt mastectomy and removal of nodes IDC. I am nearing the end of targeted therapy. Completed Chemo end of May so am a bit further ahead if you would like a chat and coffee.

Hi I’m quite close and visiting The Christie at the min for radiotherapy . I was diagnosed mid June with invasive ductal carsinoma, I’d love to have a chat, I’ve probably not come across as the best on here it’s my first time and it’s late. I visit beech rd quite a lot but just let me know if that’s not convenient. I read one of the replies regarding a forum I’d love to go as really interested in improving my diet etc. speak soon x
P.s. I’m just 38 and have a son of 5 so may have a bit in common.

CJ

Im having chemo at chrsities Im 40 with a 4 year old and a 1 year old

would live to meet up etc

please pm me to sort somethingh out

love beech road and the tapas bar and thelead station!

Hi Sarah

I live just round the corner in Stretford.  Although i have finished my chemo & radiotherapy, im happy to be an ear for you whenever you need.

Im in the proccess of setting up a group, but its still very early days x