Anyone in South-West Scotland??

Hi

I’m 38 with a 9 month old baby. Was DX with DCIS 11 days ago, and had a WLE 6 days ago. Back to consultant on Wednesday 10th June for my full results to find out what’s next.

Really struggling to take everything in, and wondered if there was anyone in my area going through a similar situation - so sorry if you are.

Thanks, and good luck to us all

She xx

Hi She,

Sorry you’ve had to join us on this site, but everyone here is so friendly and helpful. If you have a question there is normally someone to give advice.

I’m 39 with two boys, 15 and 12. was diagnosed Feb 09 with invasive ductal carcinoma and have had WLE with nodes and margins clear. I’m currently having 6 lots of chemo and have already had 3. I live in Glasgow, but am originally from Ayr. I am currently getting all my treatment at the Beatson. There is an awful lot to take in for you at this time, but at least you’ve had the op. From what I can gather a DCIS doesn’t have the threat of spreading round the body,and is contained within the breast and I’m not too sure on treatment. There is a DCIS thread on this site. Have you been on it yet?

Kind regards

Fiona x

I live in norfolk but was reading this post anyway!
You struck a cord as i have a 10mth old baby as well as a 2yr old and i have grade 3 BC and had my WLE on 7th May.
Currently waiting to start chemo.

Good luck with your results. I hope everything becomes clearer and more positive when you see the powers that be!

sue

Hi She

Sorry you’ve had to join this site, but as Fiona said (Hi Fiona) everyone here is really friendly and I’ve found it a great help.

I was diagnosed in Feb’09 with a grade 3 BC and had a WLE with 6 nodes removed; only a trace of cells on my sentinel node, at the beginning of March. Like you I was 38, with a 9 month old baby girl, who I was breast feeding at the time; so it was a bit of a shock, (I’ve also got 2 boys 4 & 7). I’m currently having 8 cycles of E-CMF chemo at Falkirk Royal (I live near Stirling), which will be followed by 5 weeks of radiotherapy at the Beatson. So far my chemo has been OK, I just get really tired, but as long as I stick within my limitations I’m OK.

I’m sure DCIS means it has been contained within the ducts and hasn’t started spread too, although I’m no expert!. I know how devastated I was when I was first diagnosed, but its so important that you stay positive as it could of been so much worse! – just keep thinking that. If things are getting on top of you then try and find someone you can talk things through with; sometimes its hard to talk about things with friends as you want them to still treat you the same and some just don’t know what to say! Try your BCN or I use my Health Visitor as she was a great support when I had to stop BF’ing and we spoke loads about how I was feeling, worries, etc and I speak to her if I’m ever feeling crap.

I hope your results were what you were expecting.

Take care and stay positive.

Helen