71767members
376430posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone in South interested in meeting up?

38 REPLIES 38
Bubs1955

Re: Anyone in South interested in meeting up?

Hi Jennyg

Who's your PS at East Grinstead? I am due to be seeing someone there about an LD flap very shortly.

Love
Bubs XX

Jennyg

thanks mary - will you be there on 22nd?? Im having my muffin top stomach taken off and stuffed into my left breast... I think its called a diep flap ... I dont really want to know what they are doing to be honest - i dont want to look after wards ... I just want to put my clothes on and crack on with my life as soon as possible and never take my clothes off again! 😞

marygettingbet

Jennyg - good luck on the 22nd. I'll also be going to East Grinstead. What kind of recon are you having? After chemo, that's my next big hurdle. I just thought I'd be going back to Gatwick Park where I had my mx and my nurses there were just the absolute best. It is a scarey thought going in for an Op. However, I was petrified before my mx and now looking back, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought and ladies who've had recon have said the same so that's quite a positive thought? God bless hon. Lots of positive thoughts going to you x x

dippykate

Sorry Ruth - can't make tomorrow now. Feeling I need to take it easy tomorrow as got busy sunday and still no mprovement in swallowing and finding it too depressing sitting with people eating. Can you give me a ring though tonight or tomorrow morning as have ideas.
Cheers
Kate

anne5

Jenny - Do you mean the 8th or 15th. I could possible be around both dys - have follow up with surgeon monday this monday lunchtime and he always runs late.

Let me Know - How was Tunisa?

Sorry I will not be around for the meet up tomorrow - have something to do that I can not get out of.

Hope you have a great day - despite the awful weather.

Please take care, love

Anne x

Jennyg

Hi ladies
I am booked in for 22nd Sept in East Grinstead. Im so frightened. I will need as much support as pos in the next weeks. I dont know if i can meet up now - I cant imagine if that will make me feel better or worse.... Anne, i will be going for pre assessment on Monday afternoon if you are around E. Grinstead way? IM SO SCARED.... Is anyone in Worthing area?

rufusdufus

Hi Karen,

LOL!
I'll be the tall one with next to no hair!!
Look forward to meeting you.

Ruth

Guardianangel

Looking forward to meeting you all this Saturday.

Just so you know what i look like, I will be the onewearing a scarf! 🙂

Karen

rufusdufus

This is the 'last call' for the STARS get together. Anyone else intrested in coming please leave me a message here for more details.
Ruth

ForumMember

Hello to you all,

Just to let you know, we are holding a Younger Women's Forum in Reading on the 10th & 11th October and we still have a limited number of places available.

If you are aged between 20 and 45, this two-day residential programme offers the opportunity to learn more about breast cancer and to meet other young women in a similar situation. It's a chance to share experiences in a relaxed environment.

There will be a range of guest speakers on topics such as fertility after treatment, sexuality and intimacy, lymphoedema, diet and exercise as well as pampering, well-being sessions and discussion groups.

If any of you would be interested please do get in touch by calling us on: 0845 077 1895 or emailing us on

Best wishes,
Health & Wellbeing Team

rufusdufus

Hello lovely ladies,

You are all very welcome. Port Solent is just off junction 12 (I think) of M27.
There is no age limit.
We are a small, but growing, group of women all at various stages of the journey but all with an optimistic outlook. We get together for lunches (and wine) and try to make it an enjoyable afternoon and not too much doom and gloom.

I will book a table, if you could text me to confirm you are coming that would be great and that way I won't miss anyone whilst waiting at the cinema. 07867726775

The group is called STARS, I started it 18 months for younger women but please dont anyone think you are too old to come!

Ruthxx

rachy7

I hope to come this time on 6th Sept 12pm Port Solent?

judyw47

OOOh Tisha I'm going to the meeting on Sat and I'm 47........I do hope you come, would love to meet you and all the gals. I wasnt well enough to make the last meeting so I'll be a newbie too. See you all on Saturday

Love Judy

Tisha

Just realised I'd hit the 'add your comments' box before finishing my message off!

If it would be ok I'd love to be able to meet up - you all sound great!

thanks Tisha

Tisha

Hi everyone,
Have only just found this site ...... 17 years after being diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 35!!!! I am now 52 and live just outside Southampton. Would I be too old for the meeting .... or diagnosed with breast cancer too long ago???

Guardianangel

Hi Ruth,

great! I wil pm you my details.
K

FOCUS

hi jo
thanks must seem abit dim new to all this and love to meet others to chat
thanks sandra

FOCUS

hi ruth
i would love to join you all for lunch 6 sept
sandra x

rufusdufus

Hi guardian angel,

If you mean the group meeting on 6th Sept for lunch you are most welcome. If you are happy to supply a contact I will give you all the details.

Ruth

Guardianangel

Hi Ladies,

Is it too late to join you? I'm 36 with two little ones. Plus I live in London, is it too far?

Karen

rufusdufus

Hi Vanessa,
We are planning to meet for lunch on Saturday 6th Sept, if you fancy it? We are all in our 30's and 40's and a couple of other women that are oming it will be their first meeting too. Are you happy to leave a mob number or perhaps email so I can give you more info? Look forward to meeting you.

Ruth

FOCUS

hi jennyg
how are you doing would love to chat
sandra x

anne5

Hi Jenny

What kind of recon are you having?

I had a mastectomy and LD reconstruction last Sept - for grade 3 IDC and widespread DCIS and 12/29 lymph node invlovement.
I can honestly say - it was nowhere near as bad as I expected both physically and emotionally. Pain - I was only really uncomfortable never painful.

I leave in Crawley - West Sussex - so would not mind meeting up at all. I am 41 (40 at diagnosis - what a birthday !- lol!)
I have two children 4 and 6. So once the kids are back at school would be better.
I wil pm my email address.

Please take care, love

Anne x

FOCUS

jenng
i had masectomy on may 6 08 know just how your feeling,im 45 married with 2 girls,2boys and 3 grandaughters.
i have had 3 ops last one was masectomy,8 lots of chemo and 15 radiotherapy,had a port put in my arm on tuesday as i have no good veins left and im due to start herceptin next thursday.
were are you are you anywere near buckinghamshire or berkshire i would love to meet up with you,my family have been great but its not the same as tralking to someone whos on the same bc rollercoaster
sandra x

Jennyg

Im due for mastectomy and recon on 22nd Sept... would welcome meeting up with anyone who has had this done as Im TERRIFIED

rachy7

Hi Mary, i went to the look good feel better workshop in Southamptom and it was great. You get this big bag of skin products and makeup for free and you put it all on with the help of the people there. I loved it as love make up and skin stuff and felt very pampered.

Rachael

marygettingbet

I'm going to see Onc this Monday 18th. I'll be having chemo at St Lukes. So, so not wanting to do this, but hey, have had my mx now and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm going to enroll on some of the support days such as dealing with hairloss etc and maybe the look good feel better workshop. Has anyone tried them?

rufusdufus

Hi there I live near Portsmouth and have recently started a support group in the area for younger women, but there is no age barrier. A few of us met for lunch yesterday, is was good, we are meeting again in September at Port Solent so if you fancy joining us please get in touch. I know some of you have already contacted me and I will text you directly. Good luck Ruth

gill23

Burgess Hill - West Sussex

Worthing is far enough for now love to what shall we do?

dippykate

I live Southampton way so Worthing is about an hour away so am up for anything west of worthing or northwards but don't think I could manage much further east Worthing.
Good to meet up with others
Kate

marygettingbet

Hi. Just about to start chemo. Live in Crawley West Sussex. Will keep an eye on this tread. Yes def up for meeting if I can do it. x x

Jennyg

I am seeing PS on Thursday for consultation , then off for a week in the sun on Sunday - so all being well I will aim to organise something before I go for my mastectomy ( deep breath ... still cant believe I am writing that word in association with me)

ForumMember

hi all

i live in hampshire, 20 miles north of portsmouth.........

and id be up for it................

just say when?...

cx

bugnut

Hi Jenny

I have had mastectomy and am starting chemo tomorrow so will also be up for meeting up. I am in West Sussex, Crawley so let us know when your free.

Take Care

xx

anne5

Hi Jenny

I am up for it - live in West Sussex.

Love

Anne x

Jennyg

is 47 too old?? I dont think so!!!!!
I will see how many are up for it and then try and arrange it all round our various lives, ops and appointments etc - may have to wait til July

judyw47

Hi Jenny

I'd love to meet up I live in Portsmouth but am I too old at 47?

Regards Judy

rachy7

Hi Jennyg, I am from Hants (near Southampton)It sounds like a lovely idea to meet up. I am up for it.

Jennyg

Anyone in South interested in meeting up?

Hi
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up if you live in Sussex / Hants ? Surrey? I am on the coast in Sunny Worthing and know how much support this site has given me. I think meeting other ladies in the same situ face to face would be lovely. To be able to chat over a beach picnic etc one weekend would be great.... if you are interested please let me know and perhaps we could organise something.....