Re: Anyone in Westhill Aberdeenshire?

Hi all

See you tomorrow at 12.30 outside Franky and Bennys

xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Me too.
I will be on holiday so looking forward to it.

D
xxx
anng

Hi Amy, yes I will be there. See you then!
Hope everyone else can still make it.

Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone
Just wanted to check is everyone was still ok for meeting next week. i have booked a half day so looking forward to a relaxing lunch ! Hope everone can mange. xx
anng

Frankie and Bennys is good with me too. LooK forward to it. Nic shouldhopefully make it too. Not heard from Nina, I don't have a contact number for her either?

X x

Guest user
Not applicable

Fankie and Bennys is good for me. Has any one heard from Nina? I don't think she has been on since the last lunch.
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Me too!

Frankie and Benny's ?

Looking forward to a good catch up!

D
xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Tuesday 10th at 12.30 is good for me.

E
anng

Good to hear you are doing fine Amy. I am not fussed where we go, shall we pick another place in Union Square? Nandos, Wagamamas, frankie and bennys?

Hopefully everyone else can manage on the 10th.

Ann xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Not been on for a while, but all fine with me. Glad you are all finished Anne, will be nice to get back to normal. Not sure what herceptin is like as never had it but it can't be any worse than chemo. I can manage any day that week except friday so the 10th is fine for me. i will take a half day so I don't need to rush off. Where does everyone fancy meeting? x
anng

Shall we make it Tuesday 10th then? If we say 12.30 would that be enough time for you Elaine? Dorothy is that ok with you? I shall mail Nic. Hopefully the other ladies will be on soon too.

Oh no Elaine hope you don't have a repeat performance at the muga scan!

Ann
Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I'm due to start Herceptin on 30 July - all being well. I have an appointment on Tues 10 July at 10.00am with the cardiologist but should be free by lunchtime or any other day that week. I'm also booked in for the dreaded Muga scan on 17th July - hope I don't pass out this time.
Elaine
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello
Good to hear from you.
I can do a meet up Mon or Tues that week. I will be on holiday! Going to collect my son from Glasgow airport on Thursday- he is coming home from Toronto for 10 days.
What miserable June weather!!
D
anng

Hi Elaine, when do you start herceptin?
What about week commencing 9th July? Is everyone free on a day that week?
I spoke with Nic, she is up for meeting up too.
Let me know!

Ann x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Well done Anne and hope the Herceptin goes well. You will be starting before me so you can tell me all about it.

Count me in for the meet up. I am planning on a phased return to work mid July or whenever HR comes up with a return to work plan but hopefully will be able to manage on the date agreed.

E

anng

Hellooooo! Not liking this new site.
I am happy to report my chemo is all done :-). Herceptin starts 2nd July.

Right, who is up for a meet up? Let's arrange!
Hope you are all well xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All
Haven't posted for ages as I don't like this site very much now.
Hope everyone is doing well and look forward to the next meet up to catch up on all your news.
Kind Regards
Elaine
Guest user
Not applicable

Just managed to get online. The site seems to be having significant glitches! Quite frustrating and offputting.
It would be good to have an update on progress they are making with fixing these to ensure chats can continue smoothly.
Hope everyone is doing fine and looking forward to coffee or lunch one day soon.
Guest user
Not applicable

I hate this site! Also I'm too impatient sorry for the duplicate maessage
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Ann that suits me just let me know a day and I can book a half day so no need to rush back to work!
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Ann that suits me just let me know a day and I can book a half day so no need to rush back to work!
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ann
Only 3 sleeps and the chemo will be over! Hang on in there.
I went to Taste of Grampian today and remembered back a year when I wanted to go but knew I would struggle with the energy to get from the car park and back. I bought some lovely lime drizzle- completely fat free and delicious and enjoyed lots of samples of hot smoked salmon and cullen skink.
Hope everyone is enjoying the jubilee weekend!
D
x
anng

Hello ladies,

Hope you are all doing okay. I have my last chemo tuesday.

What if we arrange lunch for week after next? Would that suit everyone?

Would be great to catch up with you all.

Ann xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI everyone

Alanaa is right we need to get a lunch planned. I have a half day that i need to take so I can do any day except friday and can meet up anywhere. Hope you are all doing ok. x
Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening to you all,
it is getting rather quiet on here over the last few weeks. Do hope everybody is doing okay with their treatment and/or side effects. I am still feeling very tired but glad to say that my skin is getting much better. The nurses do take good care of me and I can't praise them enough. Not doing much as my energy levels are just pathetic. Fat Cat is very happy just to cuddle up on the sofa with me - she is not impressed that it is so cold again. Well can't say I am jumping up and down with joy over it either - actually got the fire going this evening to get some heat through the house.
Elaine, sorry I have not been in contact but I will text you tomorrow evening and hope you are still okay with your rads. Ann any word re planned meeting so far?
Hugs from Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good to hear from you Elaine. We were missing your news!
Nearly there- every day is a step closer.
I had a lovely Shiatsu at Clan today in my lunchbreak so floated back to work.
Sunshine seems to have vamished today but what a fantastic weekend we had. Hope everyone could enjoy it.
I took my father -90 next month - up the funicular railway on Cairngorm on Saturday . The views were awe inspiring- could see for miles.
Take care all
D
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone
Great news about Nic and Amy and that Ann is almost finished chemo. Sorry your having such a trying time at the moment Alanaa and hope that things improve very soon.
Well I've had 14 rads and only 4 to go - finish on Thursday and so far so good. They did say I would feel the accumulative effects from next week and for a few weeks after though so will have that to look forward to - oh joy!
Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the lovely weather. Have a good weekend and hope to see as many of you as possible soon.
Elaine
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to you all,
Had my lovely Macmillan Nurse out today for a cosy chat and to check my skin. She is not happy with my range of movement of shoulder/arm so is getting some physiotherapy arranged in a couple of weeks. And there was me thinking I was doing okay - how wrong one can be. Skin is starting to peel now and my poor body is just so tired of it all. One step ahead and two back is what it feels like at the moment. Oh well I do hope all of you are doing fine with treatments,appointments etc.. Wishing you a good weekend and hopefully more nice weather
Gentle hug from Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello
Summer is here at last -it has been a glorious day.
Great to hear positive news from Any and Nicz and Ann- you are nearly there.
Alanaa - I think the time after radio therapy is quite draining as the radio keeps working even after the treatment finishes. I do hope you get healed up eventually - just be good to yourself -and fat cat.
Haven't heard from Elaine for a wee while- hope you are grinning and bearing it and getting through the rads.
Take care all. Fingers crossed for another sunny day tomorrow.
D
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning to you all,
Nic so glad that you have finished with the chemo and Ann good to know you only have one more to go. I am still feeling rather tired most of the time and my blister under the arm has finally opened and my wound has joined in too and has opened a bit again after the rads. Oh well another hurdle to take. Having my lovely nurses calling 3 times a week once more to dress my bits and pieces and to make sure it does not get any worse. At least the weather is great and Fat Cat has actually ventured outside for a while to enjoy the sunshine. Needless to say the back garden is as far as she goes to take a nap. A lunch meeting would be great and I do hope I will manage this time round to make it to Aberdeen. I will be thinking of you all and sending you a big hug
Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx
anng

Fantastic news Nic and Amy re the shrinkage 🙂

Two weeks tomorrow is my last chemo! Feels like I have been on this chemo journey forever.

I can manage anytime for lunch except that week of my last chemo. Would be great to see you all.

Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

That is really good news Nic! Well it is good news all round as my scan showed a partial response and has shrunk signficantly!! So on with more oral chemo tablets and hope they continue to work.

Anne glad the PICC line is going well. Wish I had one of those as I got bloods done today, third time lucky by the Dr! You could play join the dots on my arm!! Definately need to get a lunch planned, when suits everyone?
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
How ie everyone? hope you are all well. I have finished my chemo now, wooop woooop! I had scans and mamo on wednesday to see if the chemo had shrank my tumour and good results as it was too small to measure on the ultrasound and my mamo's were clear. Waiting now to ne discussed at the multi disciplinary meeting on wednesday and then I should get an appointment through to see a surgeon. Don't think I like this new site!
Take care!
Nic xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ladies
How ie everyone? hope you are all well. I have finished my chemo now, wooop woooop! I had scans and mamo on wednesday to see if the chemo had shrank my tumour and good results as it was too small to measure on the ultrasound and my mamo's were clear. Waiting now to ne discussed at the multi disciplinary meeting on wednesday and then I should get an appointment through to see a surgeon. Don't think I like this new site!
Take care!
Nic xx
anng

Hello,

Hope rads going okay Elaine.

Sorry to hear about your arm Alanaa. Was that with the rads?

I had chemo number 5 on Tuesday. Nausea and tired just now but only 1 to go, can't wait to finish it. Feels like I have been on the chemo road a long time. PICC line is great, no hassle with bloods and getting the chemo. Up to docs tomorrow to get it flushed.

Hope everyone is doing well. We should arrange another lunch date soon!

Ann
Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon to you all , I am feeling rather knackered at the moment and the nurses are keeping an eye on my underarm as it is rather red and very, very sore to touch or move. Oh well another hurdle to cross. Hope you are all feeling okay and that your treatment is as kind as possible. I shall retire to the sofa now with a book and Fat Cat do have a lazy afternoon/evening. Rather cold gettting this afternoon so doing nothing under a nice duvet sounds like a plan.
Love from Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Great to hear from you Elaine and that rads are going OK. Hang on in there and cross off the days!
My return function is going OK so hope they have fixed the glitch on the website.
If the weather would just dry up a bit and let some sunshine through we would all feel a bit better.
All the best to everyone else - Take care
D
Guest user
Not applicable

Great to hear from you Elaine and that rads are going OK. Hang on in there and cross off the days!
My return function is going OK so hope they have fixed the glitch on the website.
If the weather would just dry up a bit and let some sunshine through we would all feel a bit better.
All the best to everyone else - Take care
D
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi. Ann hope your over your cold and that you are good to go this week with chemo. Amy everything crossed for good results this week. Hope you enjoyed Dundee. Dorothy, Nina and Nic hope your all doing well. Alanaa hope your energy returns soon. Can't get the return function to work either so this kind of just runs on. Had rads no.5 today only 13 more to go. Hope we can all meet up soon. Elaine
Guest user
Not applicable

Good Morning Ladies , glad to say my rads finished on Wednesday. I am so happy to be home again but feeling rather tired and exhausted. The stay at Clan was very, very nice and I met a lot of really lovely people there and we did have a lot of laughter. Dorothy, Ann, Tina and Elaine once again thanks for keeping me company and sane during my stay in Aberdeen. Happy to report that Fat Cat was not in a mega great a huff when I came home, so no therapy needed for her this time round. Having a few weeks off now before I have to go back to the Hospital for my follow up appointment. Wishing you all as good a weekend as possible Hugs from Alanaa and Fat Cat xx P.S is it only me or is the return function on this site not working?
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, wow all change on here. Not been on for a while and I'm struggling with the slowness of it all. Nevermind sounds like you had a good time when you all met. Will need to get another meeting organised when everyone is feeling well.

I had my CT scan yesterday so will get results next week to see if the oral chemo is working, so keep everything crossed!!

Not been at work this week as my little one has a runny bum so can't put her into nursery...boo! We are all away to Dundee for a wedding this weekend so looking forward to that.

Ann what was involved with getting your line in. Do they knock you out? Is it a quick thing? You will soon only have one chemo to go so get the champagne chilling.

Hope everyone else is getting on fine with radio etc.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hope the cold is clearing Ann- not so good that you have to wait another week but at least you get another week off to build yourself back up- Do something nice just for you every day.
Just one sleep to go Alanaa and you will get home to your cat with no more rads visits. Hooray! Good to get it behind you and hope your skin has survived without breaking.
Hope Elaine, Nicz and Amy are doing OK.
I am not so sure about the new website -it loads really slowly and sometimes won't load at all. It takes more clicks to get anywhere. I see they are having teething problems so lets hope they get us back up and running fast soon.

Take care all
D
x
anng

Good to hear you enjoyed the fashion show Alanaa. Hope your bumps and bruises are clearing up!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I went up to ward 15 for my bloods today as chemo number 5 was due tomorrow. I am full of the cold so was told no chemo! Delayed for a week. Good to have an extra week off but now instead of finishing end of may I am now into June.

Not too sure I like this new forum.

Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies, the fashion show was a great hoot and it did raise a lot of money for Clan. It was a good laugh (of course the red wine did help) and our little group of 5 did enjoy the evening very much. It was ever so nice meeting up with you, Ann and of course Elaine for coffee and a good chat on Wednesday. Rads are going very well so far and I have only 3 left to go. Going back fo Clan on Monday until Wednesday evening so hopefully Fat Cat will not need councelling when I come back as she was in serious huffs yesterday when I came home. Had a blone moment on Thursday as I took a dizzy spell after the rads and fell outside the hospital on my way back to Clan. Honestly I felt a right muffin when I got myself of the pavement and dusted down. Right knee and left elbow are a bit sore and my knee is rather swollen and turning an interesting shade of blue. Quiet night in with a good book and a large mug of coffee or two sounds like a plan. Hope you all have a nice weekend despite the horrid cold weather Alanaa and Fat Cat xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello
How was the fashion show Alanaa? It was great to meet you and put a face to the name and of course lovely to strike base with Ann and Elaine. You ladies are doing so well and it struck me how much laughter there was in our wee group despite our troubles - that will keep us going.
Keep smiling
D
x
anng

Seems quite a number of our posts are missing too 😞

anng

New forum will take a bit of getting used to.

Was lovely to meet Alanaa today and to catch up with Elaine and Dorothy. Hopefully all will manage the next meet up.

Having lazy evening lying on sofa watching tv.

Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Any time is good for me. I've arranged to txt Alanaa when a time has been agreed.

E

Guest user
Not applicable

I can be fairly flexible with times if easier for Nicola. Any time from 12-3 would be fine.
Glad Picc line is sorted.
See you soon
D
x

anng

Hi Car, if you would prefer earlier for your lunch please say. I don't mind what time.

Today went well, PICC line now in. No more cannulas for a while YaY. Now into my good week so plenty planned. Out for lunch tomorrow with friends to Drumoak.

Didn't bump into Alanaa or Elaine but will catch up on Wednesday.

Xx