Anyone in glasgow/lanarkshire area

I am post op and about to start chemo etc in about a month and was wondering if there was anyone in my surrounding area.
Would be great to have nearby support .
Clare

Hi Clare

I’m from Livingston so although not Glasgow/Lanark, I’m just a stones throw away from you. In fact, I’m visiting friends in Wishaw this weekend :wink:

I have just recently been dx with bc. I have an IDC Grade 3. The ultra sound showed no signs of node involvement. I am due to have a lumpectomy on 3rd May, then rad however I’ve been told by my bcn that there will be conversations, post op, around having chemo.

I’m here if you want to chat or even meet up at some point.

Gentle cyber hugs xx

Hi, thanks for replying.
Livingstone not too far from me!
I have IDC Grade 3 also but unfortunately I had lymph node involvement. Going back in a week today for more surgery on the lumpectomy site. I am having chemo, radiotherapy and hormone therapy… the lot lol
I have friends and family who have been great and I work in a doctors surgery and everyone been great but I find now it would be nice to talk to someone in similar circumstances.
How are you coping with the diagnosis? Its a bit of a shock obviously but im all for positivity and carrying on life as normal when possible.
Take care
Clare x

Hi Clare, so sorry you have to join this club no-one wants to join. Just to let you know that there is a well established Glasgow etc group who mostly now communicate via Facebook but who some of whom meet together every 6-8 weeks for lunch and also in smaller groups. We range from 20s to stopped-counting, newly diagnosed to several years beyond treatment, and have a small number of ladies with secondaries. If you or Martha are interested in joining us, then check our thread Search Results | Breast Cancer Now or PM me for details. We are known on line as GABBies.
Hope all goes well with your treatment and that you find the supoprt you seek.

Hi clare

I’m sorry to hear that you have node involvement and that you are having to go through more surgery.

I’m doing lumpectomy, rads & hormone tablets but I’ve been told to expect the chemo talk - I’m not that bothered either way at the moment.

For me, the waiting after the biopsy was the worst - I turned into a total wreck! I received my x-ray and blood results just there on Wednesday (which came back clear) and then I had my ultra sound on Thursday. May 3rd for the op.

I’m not too worried now because all they need to do is remove the tumor and give me the treatment and it’s gone however, I feel like I should be worried as everyone talks about the results after the op so I’m getting a little confused at times :wink:

The best way to deal with this is to keep positive people around you, keep yourself occupied/busy and remember to pamper yourself :wink:

RevCat - thanks for the link, I’ll be sure to join.

Thanks RevCat. Im still a bit lost on this website so bear with me. How to I find the facebook group? Any info you could give re the GABBies would be fab. Will be good to meet and chat with people who are/have been in a similar situation.
Martha - yeah the pathology results after the op was the bit I dreaded and my partner was a wreck incase it had spread which thankfully it hasnt. With 2 young kids its not hard to be kept busy . Good luck for 3rd and keep in touch x

Hi,

I am ayrshire area not long been diagnosed with secondaires unfortunately after 4 years clear, currently having chemo treatment taxol weekly, so sorry you have had to join us. would be nice to meet others especially other secondary ladies for advice and support.

Take care
NBF XX

Clare and Martha I will PM you details. NBF can send them to you also if you wish.