Anyone in the Plymouth area?

Hi,

My name is Dawn, I am 51 and recently been diaginosed with BC, I had a Lumpectomy and Lymph node biopsy on the 7th of feb, now waiting for Radiation treatment…

I have had a bit of a troublesome time, as I had an infection within days of getting home, was on 2 lots of Antibiotics, since then it has continuely been swollen, bruised and hot to touch. I went to docs last thurs and he said it is infected, I dont think it ever went with the first course of treatment…

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? also it would be good to meet someone else in Plymouth or nearby, to chat with…

I thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to hearing from anyone who is in a simular situation…

All the best to everyone here,

Regards,

Dawn…

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where you’ll find excellent support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along shortly to help you along.

In the meantime I have put for you below links to some of BCC’s publications you might find helpful. Our helpline team are also here to support you through this, calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-2

Resource pack:
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Radiotherapy:
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/radiotherapy-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc26

I hope this helps, take care
Jo, Facilitator