Anyone in the Southend area?

Hi, I have undergone a few biopsies, lymph node sampling and now have a mastectomy due in a few weeks. Is there anyone going through similar from the Southend area?

Bumping this up for Tonit3

hi, i live in southend, had lumpectomy and 12 lymph nodes removed, with some complications, hopefully now all sorted out, due to see ongologist on the 28th May, also know that i have to radiotherapy and herceptin so long road to get along, i wish you all the best, afraid not much help with things very new to this , keep in touch.hugs

Hi
i live in the Southend area. I had my diagnosis in July of last year and had lumpectomy and three nodes removed. The op was followed by chemo, rads and now Herceptin till October. I am completely new to joining in forums Katherine10, so this could be quite amusing! Looking forward to hearing back.

Well Hi,
good to hear from you, i did’ nt think that all this would take quite so long, but i suppose we have no option, how have you been doing with all the treatment? i may need your hand to quide me through it, have already had a few setbacks, had to have second op then had seroma drained so much fluid that in the end had to have drain put in, also has been very painful, drain came out thursday and keeping fingers crossed that get no more fluid buildup, anyway nice to hear from you,big hugs Katherine10

Oh this actually works! Have been shopping in ‘Saarfend’ this morning! I was very lucky with my op, it went very smoothly and I didn’t need a drain. They only took out three nodes so I’m sure that made a difference. I had no problems at all with movement or pain but have been more uncomfortable since rads. When did you have your op? Do you have to have chemo alongside Herceptin? I’ve had 9 out of 17 treatments of Herceptin having finished chemo on 31st December. It was a long tough winter! I have had all sorts of set backs but everyone’s different so there’s not a lot of point telling you about them as hopefully, you’ll sail through from now. What has your experience of the Breast Unit and hospital been so far?
Nice to have someone to chat to knowing they are probably seeng the same people that you did!

Hi,
I had my first op on the 9th April and have been back to the clinic many times since, since drain out, has been very painful but has not filled up again, have to ring them tomorrow to let them know. So far clinic has been fine, very long wait sometimes but that cannnt be helped, because of all my setbacks whenever i have spoken to them thay get me in that day, so i think that is very good, only drawback is that there is no one there at the weekend.
i dont know what the next regime is, seeing ongologist on the 28th i expect they will let me know then, really not looking forward to it.
I forget what the town looks like have, nt been for ages dont suppose it has changed.
Did you loose your hair? I know someone who started loosing theirs after 1 chemo, think that must be the worst bit, but as you say everyone is different.

If I remember rightly, my regime was planned after surgery and they told me about chemo, radiotherapy, Herceptin and Letrozole when I went back the week after.
Yes, I did loose my hair. Some did come out after the first chemo but it really started to go the week after the second. It actually didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. I had a really good, comfortable wig and I was so fed up with my hair falling out all over the bed etc that I got my husband to take the clippers to it! Once it was gone, it was gone! It’s now had almost four months growth and I’m nearly ready to say goodbye to Bradley (my wig is named after Sir Bradley WIggins!)

Hi ladies, my story seems so trivial compared to others. After many biopsies, probably the same as yourselves, I have had lymph nodes sampled which were clear and was diognosed in March with non invasive ductual cancer in one breast. My last appointment is tomorrow at Broomfields, then it’s the mastectomy and reconstruction in June! I have had most appointments in Southend BU and found the ladies to all be wonderful, although a long wait for any appointments on a Friday.
Once I’ve had my mx, I should be clear of any treatments, (fingers crossed)!
I’m pretty new to the forum too and am just getting used to all the abbreviations etc.
Be lovely to hear back x

Hi Tonit3 I am with the february Valentines,we are a good friendly bunch and are all very fond of each other.we have supported each other through thick and thin.
I have been having chemo at southend,have today had no5 of 6 FEC to be followed by 3 weeks rads.I had invasive ductal grade 3 aggressive.Lumpectomy just before xmas chemo started feb 2 nodes removed all clear.
Have been very lucky with treatment so far,minimal se’s.Hope you sorted soon with minimal problems.Chemo unit have been very good and breast unit Basildon.This website is invaluable.
Good Luck Chris xxxx

Hi Chris, you sound positive as does your treatment! Everyone on here is so lovely, I have only written a couple of posts, but get caught up reading everyone’s stories, which makes me realise how lucky I am!
I haven’t had the pleasure of Basildon unit, in fact I didn’t know there was here there! It helps when you know you are getting really good treatment and sympathetic ears, your not just a number!
I hope you don’t mind me asking, did you have a choice from a lumpectomy or mx, or was you advised to have the lumpectomy?
Thanks for responding so quickly!
Toni x

Anyone in Chelmsford/Braintree area?xxx

This is very strange, but Chris, I think I recognise you from your picture! Although my chemo finished 31st December, I’ve been having Herceptin treatments at Southend chemo unit since November. I wonder if our paths have crossed?

Hi all im a southend girl born and bred was diagnosed just over 2 months ago had lumpectomy an snb now due to start chemo in november it never even ocurred to me to see if anyone else in this town was on here 

how thick am I !!! 

Thanks tonit3 I had 2hour wait other Friday at Southend BU!! I have onc app tues 12th to get my chemo herceptin regim set up they reckon end nov start scared but sick of waiting for it to happen too xx