cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone just having EC?

252 REPLIES 252
Highlighted

Re: Anyone just having EC?

Hi ladies, apologies for jumping in on your post. 

I am starting chemo tomorrow. I am having acc EC only because my trust do not use the F part anymore. 

My chemo nurse at the unit seemed surprised I wasn’t having the T bit afterwards though. 

Is anyone in the same position and does anyone know what the T bit is for as it seems most have that too?

I’m just worried that if I’m putting myself through this that is worth it if there are bits I’m not actually having. 

Thank you Jackie. 

Highlighted

Hi all,
I'm impressed... 30 lengths!!! I did a bit of swimming at Centre Parcs and found it quite uncomfortable, it felt like my implant was shifting around inside with each stroke, I guess that's something I'll have to get used to. The fatigue is a complete pain, I went to the zoo on Monday and it wiped me out for days! Then went into Chester yesterday and feel knackered today.

Hopalong - it's going to be an anxious month to wait for mammogram results, at my hospital they schedule a follow up appointment, about a week after the mammogram.

I'm at the hospital on Monday to discuss my recon implant change, the lovely doctor Jo said she could do the surgery in September but I'm not sure I'll be ready for it then although she claims its quite a simple op to switch the implant... I know it needs to be done and it makes sense to do it as soon as possible, just dreading surgery really. And the impact on my kids again, feels like things are getting back to normal and this will disrupt them... Oh well I'll see what she says and take it from there.

Take care all.
Highlighted

Evening all,

Just popping on to say hi,

Went for my 1st mammogram this afternoon, results will come through post in a month. I've also switched brands of tamoxifen for this month and am now trying Relonchem, took 1st tonight so will see whether my pain and fatigue levels change and what new joys it brings.

Hope everyone else is hanging on in there xx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Nice to hear from you both again. I've not been on here for a while either. Great minds think alike eh..

Good to hear from you guys again,

Carmen, hope you enjoyed Centerparcs & fab to hear your feeling positive but I know what you mean about the lack motivation as I feel the same but guess it's still early days. Im sure your boys will get you motivated over the hols.

I finally mustered up the energy for a swim last night and managed 30 lengths .... yep I felt pretty flipping amazing afterwards. Another milestone for me actually getting to the fitness centre, had a few tears on the way home as NEVER thought I would get to this point. 

Sorry your both suffering with the SE from the hormone tabs wonder how long we have to wait for them to settle. Im still having fatigue moments, well more like hours and pain in my arms & hands. I saw my GP about this & am going to have some nerve conduction exploration (this week) & if everything is working as it should be, I will be having a break from arimidex and if the pain goes away (and I know it will!) they going to switch me onto tamoxifen......oh joy

Im still phasing in at work and its kind of good to be back but Im feeling tired at the end of the day. 

Ive totally lost my passion for the job tho. Everyone running around and stressed out and Im just not allowing that to happen to me. Feel like Im in slow motion...... how strange....

Funny how cancer has changed my priorities.

Hello to everyone out there & look after yourselves.

Lots of love xx

Highlighted

That's so weird, I haven't checked the forums for ages and there's a post from today!

Hi Hopalong, hope the pain and fatigue don't get too bad again. I have some hip pain, more in my right hip than left, don't know if it's linked to a quadriceps injury that I hadn't fully recovered from pre diagnosis. Also am getting more hot flushes now, grrr... thought I'd got away lightly with them.

Anyway, generally I'm feeling more energetic and positive about everything but I'm still lacking motivation.

The boys finish school on Friday for the long summer hols, I'm going to have to find some motivation somehow!

Hope all are well.
Highlighted

Just had my 2nd acupuncture session, so far not that much difference but these things are cummulative. Been back on tamoxifen for 3 weeks now and the pain in my hips is returning along with the fatigue, here's hoping it doesn't get as bad as first time around.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok, and work isn't too stressfull for you Caroline x

Highlighted

Carmen, enjoy centre parcs i'm sure it will do you the world of good and just intime for the heatwave.

Caroline I guess i'm just lucky as apparently there are only 3 centres in the whole of UK to offer this service.

I have just swollowed my first tamoxifen in 21 days so watch this space. I made the most of my break yesterday and was out of the house for 12hrs, drove for 2 hours at a time walked miles and enjoyed the sun with my hat on.

Hope we all have a good week x

Highlighted

Good morning 🙂

Caroline, 4 weeks phased return definitely isn't long enough, let them know how tired you felt after doing one full day, maybe keep a diary to back this up. I'm sure they don't want you exhausting yourself!
Glad your scar is ok, everything makes us worry.

Hopalong, wow! Being off the tamoxifen is doing you wonders, I hope when you restart the symptoms are ok. I like the physio explanation of what's happening to our bodies, if surgery wasn't traumatic enough, we then have get pumped full of toxins, it's not surprising our bodies rebel!

Marli, hope all is well with you xx

Well thanks to the gardening yesterday I have back and hip ache, must have been all that bending and stretching I'm obviously not used to it anymore! I'm going to take myself out for a walk later before thinking about packing... really looking forward to the break, we all need it!

Have a great weekend everyone xx
Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Hopalong its great to hear you are feeling so good and  sounds like your energy levels have returned.

Im wondering which hospital you are with as the alternative treatments for SE of tamoxifen sound amazing.

I haven't been offered anything like that by my hospital. Haven have been really good tho but no time to go now as back at work. Pity ..... Good look when you re start the tabs x

Carmen, work seem to want my phased return to last for 4 weeks but I think I need longer to get up to my usual hours so im going to stick to my guns and drag it out a bit longer than then want me to.

I should be able to make up the difference with annual leave.

I saw the surgeon today and she re assured me that the swelling above the scar  is my pectoral muscle firming up as I become more active. Yikes! She told me that I wouldn't usually notice it as its hidden behind the breast. Makes sense I suppose. Also, the change in skin colour is just my previously radiated skin protesting to the onslaught of surgery & chemo.

Phew .... just glad it's nothing to worry about ..... panic over.

Have a great time at Center parcs Carmen probably just what you need.

xx

Highlighted

Hi All,

I'm feeling really well off the meds. I'm nordic walking twice a week and for the last 3 weeks have been going to aqua zumba. Went this afternoon and then popped to the hospice for a cuppa and a chat and indulged in a guided meditation. (Trying to wean myself off cake lol)

I have not needed an afternoon nap, and my pain has reduced not being woken up or the need for morphine. Still getting a few night sweats but they are not disturbing me, and back to flushing/power surges during the day but only about 3 or 4. I am so not looking forward to the restart on Monday. I need to start a flush diary both day and night again next week to see if I can have some NHS acupuncture, go again in 2 weeks. Couldn't have it when I went before because I was on my tamoxifen break. The physio said that if the tamoxifen is exacerbating the sweats they will restart within a couple of days. I will be fitter than pre BC if I get on the programme as part of the acupuncture is a commitment to 20mins of cardio vascular exercise daily and 40 mins of mindfulness breathing in addition to the 6 acupuncture sessions. The physio actualy explained things quite well saying that the body has had a big shock life threatening episode which then causes it to produce excess adrenaline and stress hormones which prepare us for the nervous response of flight or fight and that these excess hormones send lots of blood to the skin and irritate the area of the brain which regulates temperature so even a slight change in ambient temp which we wouldn't have noticed pre BC causes us to heat up and sweat. So I'm guessing the cardio is to get the body used to being hot and the mindfullness to help the mind to switch off even if we/I dont feel overly stressed.

Glad works going well Caroline can't remember if I said but I've been to occupational health followed by a meeting at work with HR and union and it looks like I won't be back to work untill October dependent on me being stable on some form of hormone treatment. I'm feeling abit of a fraud at the moment because I feel so well, and I'm also starting to get a little bored.

Carmen take things easy and I'm glad your not having too many problems hope it stays that way. Marli nice to hear from you too. We all seem to have pulled ourselves through the chemo fog and are now getting used to the new version of ourselves and all that brings.

Take care xx

Highlighted

Hi all,

You're not moaning Caroline, this is the best place to talk about your worries. Your doing really well with being back at work. How long are they allowing you to get back up to full hours? I hope they can sort out your hormone medication, I haven't been too bad on tamoxifen so far, it's been about a month, I've had a few hot flushes and a bit of an ache in my hip. Hope the surgeon can reassure you about your scar changes.

I'm struggling with tiredness/fatigue, I usually manage about 2 hours of activity each day, which wipes me out. Today I did some gardening, just potting up some new plants and a bit of light tidying and I was exhausted afterwards, so I had a long soak in the bath and haven't done much else since but still feel tired now. Feel like I could go to bed for a few hours! I haven't even felt remotely inclined to go to any exercise classes yet but it's early days... I'll stick to walking for now.

We're going to Center Parcs at the weekend, can't wait! 🙂

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

How are you all?

Carmen .... great the chemo weight dropping off & still enjoying cake. Ive not been on the scales for a while but my weight does feels back to normalish. I just need to get myself to some exercise classes and sort out the toning issues. We are going on a beach holiday in August eek ........ oh well think will just be happy to have made it to my hols this year. lol. Have you made it back to the gym yet Carmen?

Hopalong.... how are you and are you still off the tamoxifen and are you going to be trying another drug?

Im getting shocking carpol tunnel type pain on arimadex and this keeps me awake most nights which is becoming a problem but Im getting things checked out and there has been mention of switching me to tamoxifen.......mmmm

This is my third week in a phased return to work. Just worked mornings the last two weeks but managed a full day yesterday and yep im quite knackered today!

Carnt believe how tired I am but struggling to sleep. Still awake at 4am! Anyway, happy its my day off today.

Think will bake a cake Carmen......

Ive got an appmt with my surgeon later today as noticed some swelling above my MX scar eeeek ....... .... also bit of discolour at one end of the scar. Looks bit like a bruise but definitely is not.

Has anyone else has anything like this.

Feel like my post is a bit of a moan so sorry girls but just needed to vent.

Worried. xx

Highlighted

Hopalong, I was wondering how you're feeling now, I guess you've been off tamoxifen for a couple of weeks or so?

Ps went for a walk with a friend today than went for cake, but despite all the cake I have managed to lose half of my stone of chemo weight!

Highlighted

Hi Marli and Caroline, glad to hear you're both enjoying the cake too!

I am keeping busy, but not sure whether I'm getting back to my old self or just keeping myself occupied so I don't have too much time to think! But either way it's nice catching up with people, especially where cake is involved!

I met with the counsellor at Maggie's today, didn't know I could talk so much! I swear she knows the complete ins and outs of my entire life and family now. I'm seeing her again in about 4 weeks... promised I'd take some cakes in for everyone!

Keep on smiling 🙂

Highlighted

Hay Everyone,

Your sounding perky Carmen. Glad your feeling better and getting out with friends. Thats the kind of therapy we all need. I met with a close friend this afternoon for tea and the obligatory cake of course.

Spoke with my olcologist today about the pain in my chemo arm. Ive been referred for nerve exploration to assess what it is exactly.Then  may possibly change the hormone tabs if it doesn't settle down.

Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone else having a good week xx

Highlighted

Wow Carmen , you are keeping busy. Sounds like you are really getting back to your old self. Just returned from an afternoon at the Plant Nursery with my son's girlfriend's mum where cake also played a part.

Cake as a treatment for BC should be on the NHS me thinks !!

Highlighted

Hi all,
Hope you're having a good week. I had my look good feel better session yesterday, had a good time and met a lady who lives in the neighbouring town so we exchanged mobile numbers and plan to meet up. And then last night went out for a meal with two friends I used to work with, it was lovely.

Today I went for a walk with a friend, and tomorrow and Friday I'm meeting up with more friends... there will almost certainly be cake involved!

Have fun all x
Highlighted

Oh I dunno Carmen I could get quite excited about a new Dyson. I also love shopping for soft furnishing very sad I know ha ha.....

Well done to your boy for getting the braces fitted. It's so painful. Very brave boy and you for holding his hand.

Hope your feeling a better this week Carmen and the sunshine has been able to lift you. I felt very tearful for quite a while when I finished the chemo and it still doesn't take much and Im bubbling all over the place.

We've been through such a lot and it's going to take time. Try be kind to yourself.

Hay and Im impressed with your weight loss already. Go Girl!

Hopalong ... your weekend sounds hectic! Guess the break from the tablets just what you needed. It must been great getting back to your old self ..... for a bit anyway.

My weekend has been quite busy too. I actually went out to a 50th birthday party on Saturday night without headgear! It was soooo fab to be out with friends again. Even strutting my stuff on the dance floor ...... well, was more like  a bit of a shuffle lol.....anyway way great to enjoy a night out.

Can definitively see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Take Care Everyone and have a good week xx

Highlighted

Welcome to the chemo hair cut club Hopalong! Mine is still less than 1cm long but it's starting to be more noticeable from a distance! Still pretty baldy though to be honest... I braved going into Curry's without headwear earlier to look at the Dyson vacs, exciting life I lead!

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I'm glad the tamoxifen break is doing you good... is the hope that this will be better when you restart it or are they looking at one of the other drugs that do a similar thing?

Have a lovely week everyone xx
Highlighted

Had a lovely weekend, hope everyone else has. I had a hair appointment on Friday and decided to bite the bullet and have had all my crappy thin hair chopped off to try and blend with the new friar tuck growth, so I now have the regulation post-chemo cut. I also went to a concert with my parents and sister on Friday and got home early hours of Saturday morning with a 7am alarm call to go to the Horse Trials. Absolutley tipping it down so made the decision to not go. Spent the day at parents and helped mum to bake a large fruit/christmas cake the house smelt lovely. Had another early alarm call to try to go to see horses again and as it was only light drizzle decided to go for it. I had 5 layers on got soaked and cold but really enjoyed it.

I'm making the most of my tamoxifen break, its only been a week but I feel so much better both from a pain and energy viewpoint. could never have done everything i've done this weekend and drive 2 weeks ago I could'nt even manage a 2hr coffee and cake session without nearly falling asleep at the wheel driving home on the motorway. My hot sweats have also reduced. Going to the NHS acupuncture physio tomorrow so see if it is as beneficial as I found the Haven sessions.

Highlighted

Hi all,
Wow what lovely weather!
My younger son had to have braces fitted today and he was so good, it must have been really uncomfortable for him. So after school we went out for ice cream sundaes... not helpful for operation get rid of chemo belly, but so welcome on a hot day!
When I'm not eating ice cream or cake I'm trying to follow the slimming world plan and last week I lost 4 lbs... I'll be happy with just one this week as I think we're having a meal out at the weekend and hubby and I went out for lunch on Monday!
My hands are still improving, it's just a minor weird feeling now, but I did drop a lot of pegs while hanging out the washing earlier.
I had a bit of an emotional crisis on Tuesday, I had planned to do a big grocery shop but I just couldn't go out and do it, I worked myself up into a right state. I cried at hubby when he got home and he was really nice about it, I felt quite pathetic! Anyway I forced myself to go really early on Wednesday instead, so gold star to me!
I admire you, Caroline, for getting back to work. I'm glad it went well and am sure it will just get easier and less tiring, definitely don't rush things. Is it common for the hormone drugs to give joint pain? As you and hopalong are both suffering with it. I know what you mean about having a focus other than BC, whenever I meet up with friends they have such a variety of things to talk about and I feel like I just have one subject.
Hopalong, just go with the flow... if occupational health wasn't you to stay off work then make the most of it. I'm sure you'll find it frustrating at times but then equally be glad of the time to recover.

Take care xx
Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Hopalong .... I would just make the most of your time off and get yourself 100% before you go back.

It sounds like that what your occupational health are expecting....

Ive been back to work for just 2 mornings this week and your right I am a bit drained but it has been good to get back to a little normality. It felt good to switch my focus away from BC an all the negative stuff that goes with it. I am very lucky to work with a group of very nurturing women and they gave me a warm welcome.

Planning on building my hours back up to the usual 30 over the next few weeks but will be taking it real slow as dont want to end up back on sickness leave. I do feel this could easily happen if I try to rush my return.

Carmen ..... I agree with you about the 10 hour surgery I dont fancy it either. My BCN told me that delayed recon is a long process and of course not a priority, so there is a waiting list, (imagine that, a waiting list for 10 hours on the chopping board!) and they will only go ahead when the patient is emotionally ready.

So, taking all this into account, it will probably never happen for me lol .......

Hope your hands are starting to feel better. Keep us posted if your do try acupuncture as would be interested in how it works for you. Im experiencing some joint & carpal tunnel type pain due to the hormone drugs I think and Im wondering if I sound give it a try. I've seen my GP about the pain and he is sending me for some nerve testing thing at the hospital. Not sure what that will prove but hay ......

Looking forward to being at home tomorrow in the sunshine (with luck)

Love to everyone xx

Highlighted

Evening, how did work go Caroline. I bet your tired.
I went to occupational health and the Dr has said I am not fit for work until I see oncologist again in September. I asked if there are no changes to treatment then could I go straight back but no I have to be reviewed by them again so looks like a full year off for me.
I went to aqua zumba today and then a 10 minute sauna. I an quite wary of the sauna as have been told it can increase the risk of lymphodema. Going to give Nordic walking a miss tomorrow and have a day out in the nice weather as it looks like my planned trip to the horse trials on Saturday are going to be washed out again like last year.
take care x

Highlighted

I'm not sure I would want to have surgery that took 10 hours! I don't envy you guys having to make the decision. I asked at my six month review today about my recon... I had an expander implant put in at the time of my mx which I'm planning to change to a silicone implant at some point. They said we'd talk about it at my one year review as they like about six months recovery from chemo, that's fine with me as I didn't want to spend my summer recovering from surgery!

Reflexology was lovely as always, and the therapist said that if the neuropathy in my hands continued (if that's what it is) they had an acupuncturist at the hospice that may be able to help... nice to know but my hands are improving daily so hopefully the weird sensation in my hands will fade on its own.

No plans for tomorrow yet, probably go for a walk and do the grocery shop... feels like life is getting back to normal!
Highlighted

Afternoon I agree the driving sounded good fun, hope the vehicles had good power steering and didn't pull on your arm too much, Carmen.
Waiting I know what you mean about recon. At the moment I am ok with my uniboob. I too would need the long major surgery plus recovery time, and in my head would only give me a shape of a breast which is what I've got now with a prosthetic. The surgeon also said at initial consultation I would have to have a reduction on "good" side too to match things up. Never say never but am not thinking about it as an option.
i got my letter for my Mammogram over the weekend, booked in for mid July and just back from glaucoma clinic and all is well. I have raised pressures still, but thick corneas apparently so not unduly worried. So I think I will definitely book me some sun between my mid June work meeting and my mammo.
Hope work goes well on Tuesday.
P.S I started my tamoxifen break yesterday

Highlighted

Hi All,

Wow your driving challenge sounded thrilling. Think your very brave.

Hopalong, thanks for telling me about your stick on boob. I like the sound of it but I'm still a bit tender around my MX scar & couldn't imagine a prossy that close just yet. I find the normal one uncomfortable after a while and  always a relief to take it off.

I'm still mulling over reconstruction. I spoke to my BCN on Friday about it & she told me about a women who had it done recently and was in theatre from 9am till 7pm! Same op as I would need (relocating tummy upwards & silicone implant).  Don't know if I can put myself through that......

Been busy in garden today and out for a walk this evening. Its been lovely here today.

I'm going for aromatherapy in the morning then work on Tues am.

Have a good week everyone xx

Highlighted

Hello 🙂
I'm also having a fairly relaxing Sunday afternoon, hubby and the boys have gone to take part in a Scout parade in Chester so I've been for a walk (my usual route) in the sunshine. I've been on the new beta blockers for 3 days now and I think the breathlessness is improving. Can't say the same for the sleeplessness though... I only noticed when I switched meds last week that disturbed sleep is a se of beta blockers. And I've been thinking I was just rubbish at it!

Yesterday I did my post chemo treat, a charity driving challenge... I had to slalom an HGV through cones, reverse park a double trailered truck, drive a fire engine, do figure of eight with a petrol tanker, drive and scoop mud with a JCB and mini excavator, drive a mini dump truck and scariest of all... drive a police car as fast as I could towards a speed camera and not brake until the policeman told me to... I braked early every time! It was fab and it was to raise money for the hospital.

Tomorrow I have my six month review at the hospital and reflexology.

Hopalong - are the sweats not getting any better? Sounds like you're having a really bad time with them. Hope your hip pain is improving too.

Highlighted

Morning all, having a relaxing Sunday, but do need to do a supermarket sweep then a stroll around the park may be in order.
Had a busy day yesterday went out with my parents for the day, not seen them for about a month. Struggled to walk far despite frequent stops. I don't think it was helped by my heel wearing and dancing on Friday night. I went to a works retirement party.
I didn't wear my stick on as I had bought a new outfit with my original prosthetic and it didn't look right plus I was having some bad sweats possibly due to the 170° heat !! The sweat was dripping off my chin and into my eyes making them sting.
Waiting yes the prosthetic sticks directly to your skin, it has to be scrubbed clean every night with a special solution and brush to maintain the adhesive. It also comes with a backing to turn it into a traditional prosthetic. It weighs about the same as my original but the silicone moves more and is slightly more natural (drops sideways when lying down)
I'm having a few teething troubles getting it to stick at the top but will keep trying with it for another few weeks.
Good luck with work, I'm in occupational health this week and glaucoma clinic tomorrow. Don't know how I ever found the time to work lol.
take care all x

Highlighted

Fingers crossed the summer is here to stay, remember your factor 50!

Good luck for your return to work xx
Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

All this talk of bowels making me smile. Mine were shocking during chemo & must say have just about settled 9 weeks post chemo. Oooooooo so glad to be on the other side of chemotherapy.

Hopalong hoping things more regular with the movicol & please let us know how you get on with your new foob. Does it actually stick on to your skin then? & is it the same weight as the silicone prosthetic?

Carmen hope you got the new meds & breathlessness cured. I felt breathless during chemo & for a while after but seems to have gone now.

I've been I to work today & was extremely touched by the warm welcome from the lovely people I work with. Yeah so its back to work for me girls. Will be gradually building my hours back up over the next  few weeks.

I'm ready........ though but going to make the most of the next few days. Looks like summer arrived at last!

Happy Friday 

Xx 

Highlighted

My bowels certainly embarrassed me during chemo, however the kids thought the rather loud rumblings were very amusing!

Am very impressed with my cardiologist, his secretary rang me this morning he thinks that the beta blockers he prescribed to stop the SVTs may be the cause of my breathlessness. They've faxed a medication change request to my GP who says I should be able to collect it from our chemist this afternoon... it's good when the system works!

Good luck with your new foob (and your bowels)!

Highlighted

Oh dear ladies my bowels did embarrass me, Oncologist had a quick glance but wants to wait for radiology report but cant see anything obviously nasty/worrying.

Consultant - How are the bowels

Me - A bit constipated

Consultant - I would agree

best up my movicol intake currently on 1.

I am to have a little tamoxifen break to see if my side effects are tablet or chemopause related.

Collected my new stick on Foob, its was sold to me by BCN as wonderful and will solve all my minor niggles, after waiting a month for a new size when I tried it the cosmetic apperance when clothed was not good so came away with the 1 the nurse thought was too full (and I thought was ok) Hoping I dont react to the adhesive as I struggled with PICC line dressings and my sweats don't make it less sticky and we have a repeat of the swimming costume incident.

Highlighted

Hopalong, I mis-read your post and thought you needed a bowel operation. I'm so glad that's not the case! I have to say I'm happy to have my normal bowels back. I was prone to taking to much of either medication and then they'd go the other way! It's a delicate balancing act. Glad your flushes are improving too. Hope the hospital goes well tomorrow.

Caroline, I'm so pleased your hair colouring went well and lovely positive comments from your hairdresser too 🙂

I had herceptin yesterday and no se! I have an echo on Thursday and have left a message for my cardiologist with worries about breathlessness. But other than that I'm meeting up with friends and starting to try to lose my chemo belly!
Highlighted

Happy to hear there has been some movement Hopalong. I empathise really do......

They do say that the side effects settle down with time. How long have you been on the hormone tabs..... as carnt rmbr. Im on pack 3.

Well, Ive got semi perminant colour on my hair now and it hasn't fallen out. whoop whoop!

My hairdresser, who is also a good friend, told me that the re growth is full and stong but most of all even. It looks loads better so happy I took the plunge.

Thanks for your support everyone and hope you all ok today.

xx

Highlighted

Glycerin supps and all is well, I'm taking the laxido too, I have read that tamoxifen can be constipating so thats also probably not helping.

Still another 2 weeks before my NHS acupuncture treatment but my flushes are subsiding am back to wearing my magnet.

Having a lazy day today gearing up for a full morning at the hospital then will pop in to the hospice in the afternoon.

Have a good day everyone xx

Hi Hopalong,

Hoping to be back a few hours next week. I'm going in on Thurs afternoon to discuss phased return.
Ask your GP for some movicol that will do the trick. I've got boxes of the stuff!

It's like winter here rain & wind battering the window as I lay in bed brrrrrrr

Sunshine please tomorrow xx

Highlighted

Evening all, hope we are feeling ok, where is summer ladies hoping the sun comes out before I have to go back to work.
waiting when do you start back I've forgotten?
I'm now on operation bowel due to the extra morphine, it's like being back on EC nothing since Friday lol can't possibly have evidence of you know what on my xray on Wednesday.

Highlighted

Oh no hope I haven't worried you. My beta blockers are due to FEC chemo giving me SVT... I'm on herceptin now, hope it doesn't give me any more heart problems. Have my third herceptin tomorrow and an echo on Thursday. Have you finished your course of herceptin yet?

I do have a few audio books from a free trial with audible but they're not downloaded on my iPod. Will have to do that tonight or tomorrow... I'm having a zopiclone night tonight as I have to drive a lot of places tomorrow!

Thanks for the info xx

Highlighted

Carmen - Boots do have them and I buy mine at Tesco. Not looked at the contraindications for the heart tablets must admit. I am taking Beta Blockers and ACE inhibitors because of changes to the heart due to Herceptin. Better check before I take them again! Think you can borrow recorded books from the library. Hope your bites go soon. x

Highlighted

Thanks Marli, I'll take a look at those tomorrow, I'm guessing Boots will sell them. I had a few Nytol Herbal tablets left over but they say not to take with beta blockers so they're out. I haven't tried audio books yet, but sometimes put some music on really quietly.

Midgie bites are ok, think the antihistamines I take for hay fever keep the bumps down!
Highlighted

Meant midgie bites x lol

Highlighted

Hope the movie bites not bothering your poor head too much. Not had a problem with them here yet.

Raining and windy today.

X

Highlighted

Have you tried Rescue Remedy Night time drops. I find them useful - they seem to work for a couple of weeks , although sometime I do wake up about 4am.  Lack of sleep is the pits. When I wake in the middle of night I put my MP3 player on with a boring recorded book and this usually  puts me to sleep. Never hear the end of the story.  Player has a sleep timer which is useful. x

Highlighted

Thanks for you replies girls.

I'm definitely going for it & will let you know how I get on. After reading your post I'm going out without my hat today! Well if its flipping warm enough .....been bit nippy here of late.

Happy Sunday girls xx

Highlighted

I'm sure a bit of colour will be fine, and will give you a bit of a boost. I think 6 months is a very long time to wait, is that really what they advise?!

My hair is about 3mm long, so can't tell what colour it is yet! I've become more confident in being seen outside the house without headwear, even being in restaurants without anything on my head. Went to the forest today wearing a hat but now have loads of midgie bites all over my head, has a polka dot appearance now!

You're right about the sleeping pills, they don't give a full nights sleep. Zopiclone helps me fall asleep but I wake up between 2-4 hours later, then it's hit it miss whether I get to sleep again. Without it I take ages to fall asleep and still wake up repeatedly throughout the night. GP says zopiclone also doesn't give the deep REM sleep that is the bit of it which refreshes you... not really sure what use it is except psychologically it makes me feel like I have had some sleep! Before diagnosis I liked to be in bed with lights out by 10.30. Now I'm usually reading until midnight as its better than being awake! I have tried herbal tablets before, I might try them again. I really would like to stop the zopiclone.

Hopalong, hope the xray gives some idea of what is going on, I've had sciatica before which was worst in my hips and I know how uncomfortable hip pain can be.

Have a good Sunday 🙂
Highlighted

Am sure it will be fine to do your hair Caroline and agree a more gentle product to start.
I too have tinted my eyebrows and they have been fine.
My friar tuck is filling in nicely and does not seem to have changed shade but I no longer have matching collar and cuffs !!!!

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Ha ha that sounds like a whopper Hopalong think you should be very proud! Thinking about it, mine would probably sink like a stone too..... ha ha....God! need to double check its secure, never was any good a surface diving.

Well, Ive made an appointment with my hairdresser on Tues for some colour. Probably way too soon as just 8 weeks post chemo. Ive got about half an inch re growth and its returned in varying shades of grey and it really does have to go now.

I know the advice is to wait 6 months but what the hell Im going for it!! Ive been covering my head since I gave up on the cold cap 2nd cycle and shaved so figure nothing to loose.

Just hoping to even things up and get rid of the steely grey. Think will then  brave enough to go out without a hat or a scarf.

Thinking a vegetable dye will be less harsh than the usual chemicals. My eyebrows and lashes have finally (almost) returned now and I tinted my brows last week and they havent fallen out so hoping my hair will be the same.

Yikes!! what do you think girls?

xx

Highlighted

Pps since chemo ended i sometimes use a herbal sleep remedy, which makes me drowsy (hops valerian & passion flower)
When I did my sleep workshop the facillitator explained that the sleeping tablets will help you to get to sleep at the start of the night, but will not stop you waking up or help you get back to sleep if you wake up.

Highlighted

P's not wanting to brag but my foob would sinkt rather than float it weighs 1/2 kilo

Highlighted

Nice to hear from you Caroline, it's easy to say give yourself time to heal but when it's you, you just want to get on with it. Although I think there is definitely a need to come to terms with things psychologically.
The acupuncture has definitely helped my flushes during the day but done nothing for my night sweats. Hips are aching badly hence my xray next week. Hope your work meeting goes ok. I popped in today to go to a retirement doo, it was nice to see people.
Carmen not much sleeping going on at night between the night sweats and pain I'm waking frequently despite taking morphine. Both sets of neighbours returned home today so there will be no lie in tomorrow.