363034posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone just having EC?

Highlighted

Re: Anyone just having EC?

I have just come from oncology yesterday and I am to start on just EC when asked why that regime she ( I think) this is what she said. For my particular cancer grade 3 , clear lymph .... ec is no less effective in clinical research studies on the breast cancer, but has much less side effects. I was led to believe that the F part chemo was particularly effective for the node involvement if this is quite significant. 

I have just asked my husband who was present if this was also his understanding and he agreed it was his too.

Hopefully that may help .

Highlighted

Re: Anyone just having EC?

Hi Carmon,

Im am ECr too. My hospital dont give the f part. I have asked about it & been told that research shows conclusively the the f part not needed so they dont give it. No idea why some still do am sure must by valid reason.

Im on cycle 4 out of 6 and its been a hard slog. Floored for 2 weeks. Ive wanted to give up at times but by 3rd week been kind of ready to go again.

Sorry I its not better news but I dont want to lie to you & of course we all react differently but be ready to continue the slog.
All hair gone after 2nd despite using cold cap. Nurses tell me this normal for most on EC.

Hope goes ok for you & se minimal.
Caroline xx

Highlighted

Anyone just having EC?

Hi all,

I had my first cycle of FEC 4 weeks ago but as my side effects were so bad my cycle last week was postponed while I had some heart monitoring tests.

I had cycle 2 yesterday and the consultant has changed my treatment to just EC. He explained that there is no evidence to show that EC is less effective than FEC and that some hospitals use one and some the other.  But I can't help but wonder why they would add the 'F' if it didn't improve treatment.

It's too early to know whether I'll feel better this cycle but with the FEC I was down and out for 9-10 days with two A&E visits.

Look forward to hearing from any fellow EC-ers!

Carmen xx