363505posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone just having EC?

Re: Anyone just having EC?

Hi Everyone,

Hoping you all feeling as well as can be expected.

Hopalong .. Had a trip to Lush and couldn't smell very much but did buy a shampoo bar. I so hope my sense of smell returns fully when Im done with EC.

Sounds like your taking full advantage of the Haven. Raiki lovely and glad its working for you but dont know anything about shaitsu.  Acupuncture helped me to deal with hot flushes which were a problem during radiotherapy hope works for you too.

I went to The Haven on Tuesday and the women I saw was very supportive and completely understood how Im feeling just now. She gave me lots of good advice and Ive got a treatment plan so will keep you posted.

Carmen ... Hope you feel ok and resting after number 3.

Nightmare you being there so long though. My hospital is just the same, it's horrible enough without having to be here so long. The poor nurses are just lovely but they are run off their feet. I also get the sinus pain .. yuk!

Anyway, thats number 3 ticked off...

Oh and good luck with the job application!

Ros ... welcome to our little group of EC warriors. I started chemo 2 weeks after I signed on the dotted line. I dont think all hospitals are the same though but lots of luck.

Janice ... Sorry to hear steroids kept you awake Friday. I try not to take mine after 5pm for the same reason.

As far as I am aware the steriods are to help with the sickness and also to give our bodies some umph to cope with the chemo drugs. My nurse told me that they aim to keep the body calm for the first three days following treatment. Not a very scientific explanation I know but hope it helps....

As for me .... I was due my 6th and final chemo tomorrow but saw Oncologist today and it's been delayed a week and I cannot tell you what a relief it is beacuse Im soooo warn down and need a break. She also told me (as did the women I saw at Haven on Tuesday) not to expect to ping back to normal when chemo finished as may take a quite a while to recovery. 

Good advice I think as many folk around me are expecting just that.

Anyway Im looking forward to my extra recovery week and hoping to get out and about as much as possible ,

My youngest delighted mum wont be in bed for at least one week of the Easter break. Me too!

Take Care everyone.

Lots of Love xx 

Anyone had problems with the steroids we have to take for 3 days, had my chemo Thursday, awake all night Friday,had terrible weekend. Why do we have to take them? Going to ask.

Hi Ros,
Sorry that you have to go through chemo too, but welcome to the EC gang.

I think I started about a week and a half after agreeing to it. I've just had my third cycle, I started on FEC but had to drop the F as it gave me heart problems. I wasn't too bad with side effects on my first EC, but everyone seems to react differently. Treatment itself is ok, I get sinus pain when the C drug goes in but paracetamol deals with that. Waiting to see what this third cycle will bring, currently feel very bloated, tired and not much appetite.

Take care and keep in touch xx

Hi Ladies,

Well I'm going to be joining the "EC gang". I see my oncologist next Tuesday to sign consent forms and set dates etc ... how long after agreeing to this have you had to wait before the first session? Is it the standard 10+ days ...

Ros

Hi Hopalong,

It's is tiring to be there so long and to be honest it's one of the reasons I didn't continue with cold cap, I just wanted to streamline my treatment. 

Glad you enjoyed the reiki, my friend is trained as an holistic therapist and I was her case study for reiki, very nice indeed. Love your laminated card idea, I hope it gets you lots of free samples and special treatment! 

I'm so glad I spent so long on my job application the night before chemo, I'd planned to read it through today and print it out but I just haven't had the energy. Will have to do it tomorrow, however bad I'm feeling... seemed like such a good idea at the weekend and now I feel like I can't be bothered! I know it's the chemo talking, I will send it off - no matter what!

Take care xx

Glad things went ok Carmen, I had my chemo in a busy unit and that combined with using the cold cap made chemo days very tiring indeed. I would be booked in for 10.30 but not get my chemo started until 1 sometimes, and I'm sure this didn't help with the fatigue on the next day.

I've been to the hospice today and had a reiki session, it really does relax me. I then put the finishing touches to a plan I had hatched yesterday but needed a laminator, and help from the art therapist.

My friend during our trip out at the weekend mentioned that she had used my situation as an excuse to absent herself from something, this is the 2nd time she has done this and also with regards to getting freebies/samples etc for myself. I made my own cancer card. One side says Breast cancer messed with the wrong girl and a pink ribbon. The other side says I'm a chemo survivor. I made it slightly larger than supermarket keyfob size, laminated it and then punched a hole in it and attached it to my keys.

Waiting hope things went ok today at the Haven, and you have a plan in place to help you emotionaly. I'm there again on Thursday for shiatsu and will soon be trying a couple of sessions of acupuncture for my hot flushes.

Take care everyone x

Hi all,
Lazing in bed as feeling tired. Glad chemo 3 went without drama just lots of delays, was there 6 hours!
Hubby brought me breakfast in bed, so just browsing the internet on my tablet, will get up when it needs charging!

Have a good day everyone xx

I'll try to remember to look at the toning spray too, I'm not going anywhere near Lush until my nausea has gone, the smell would definitely not agree with nausea (of course I may be lucky and not have any this cycle - ha ha!)

I've just spent 2.5 hours doing my job application, figured my brain wouldn't be up for it after tomorrow! Shattered now but my mind is whirring, can't see me getting much sleep tonight as really hoping I'll get an interview.

Sorry that you are also both second timers for the nightmare of BC. Fingers crossed that the chemo will send it away for good. I had two areas of BC in the same breast, IDC and DCIS, quite separate to each other and seemingly unrelated. Try not to think about it too much but scares me to think of future prognosis at times, but let's not dwell on those thoughts and try to think happy ones instead!

Have a good week everyone, although I'm certain to check in with tales of nausea and overeating!!! 😉

Carmen, lush isn't my first port of call, and like you the smell just walking past made me feel sick.
If your having a spending spree, one thing I have found useful is the toning spray it comes in 3 different smells. I spray it on my face/back of my neck when having a hot flush the small 1 is handbag size.
Good luck for tomorrow
Not to scare anyone but I am also a repeat passenger on the roller coaster. Just surgery 1st time for DCIS
Has a lovely time with my friends it was very sedate with only 1 glass of wine passing my lips but boy did it taste nice.

OMG I've just been on the Lush website and I need to raid my savings to buy everything as it all sounds so gorgeous! It's not a shop I ever go in because it smells too much even walking past! (Very sensitive sense of smell)!

I've had such a wonderful weekend, we've done loads of lovely stuff as a family and its just been great to feel so fab and have such beautiful sunshine and the best thing is that I haven't had any racing heart episodes since starting the medication yesterday morning!  My PICC arm has been gradually improving all week, I've been gently stretching it and using ibuprofen gel as well, it's only a tiny bit sore now and it was great to get to the forest again for archery 🙂  

I had a great natter with my friend this morning, she finished chemo in August and she has so much hair!!! And she's had it cut twice... mine looks like fluffy new born hair, although not quite bad enough for me to shave it off yet! But she's feeling positive and getting on with her life 🙂

So, Caroline, will you have a bonus good week (as I like to refer to them) next week? I totally understand you wanting to feel good for part of the Easter hols, my no 4 is likely to be in the middle of the hols 😞  Hope the oncologist agrees with you.

Booked to go to Whinfell... Just wanted/needed something to look forward to that wasn't going to need huge planning or be stressful, Center Parcs fitted the bill!

Yikes, chemo tomorrow, but I'm ready for it, so bring it on!!! 

Speak soon guys xx 🙂

Hay Everyone,

Enjoying the sunshine and the first signs of Spring. Think a little gardening on the cards & a bit of air the the head may encourage re growth..... here's hoping!

Jan..... am sorry to hear your story. It sound like youve truly been through the mill. I agree stress is a contributing factor for some of us and it really doesnt help in recovery either.

This is my second episode of BC and I have to say both diagnosis followed a particularly stressful periods in my life. I am hoping that the EC treatment helps you in way that the other chemos hasn't Jan. Good Luck x

Hopalong ... I will be having a trip to Lush on Tuesday to buy get a shampoo bar. Anything to encourage the re growth. Hope you had a nice evening with friends and managed a couple of wines.

Im really missing a glass of good red wine but wont be long now .....

Carmen ... Its surprises me just how many women are effected by BC. Worriers each and every one!!

. Its good to know that an extra week has energised you so much .... im impressed that you managed archery with your PICC arm being sore last week. What a difference a week makes eh.... Ive decided to definitely delay a week as neeed a break and hoping will give me the umph I so need to get to the finishing post  Oh & will feel ok for at least one of the two weeks of the Easter holidays as Ive been in bed for every school holiday since October. So will be lovely to get out and about with my family.

Great youve booked a Centre Parcs break. Something to look forward to. We love Centre Parcs too and been lots over the years. Which one are you going to?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and hope tomorrow goes ok Carmen.

Lots of Love xxxx

Camer

Oh my goodness Jan, I feel for you. You really should have been taken seriously, as you say, with your track record. Glad you had 20 good years, I'm certain stress plays a huge part in these things, and your daughter's diagnosis was understandably very stressful... I know my Mum worries so much about me, if possible more than I worry about myself!

I've been pretty ok on EC, but I've only had one cycle (1st was FEC but it gave me heart problems). With EC I've just had tiredness and nausea, so not too bad. Hope the cold cap works for you and that you're not feeling too bad today xx

Was at the Tea Rooms (again) today for more cake! And a lady comes over to me says, hope you don't mind me asking are you having chemo... Think the bandana and PICC line gave it away! Turns out she was a fellow BC patient, that's the second I've randomly met there!

Hopalong, sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. I'm going to try that shampoo bar when I'm at the stage of hair regrowth, sounds good. Enjoy your time with friends tomorrow, and the wine!!!

Caroline - glad you've got the date for your final EC!!! We can have a week or so of feeling rubbish together, but once you're clear of the se, then that's it!!! Look forward to the end, it's in sight 🙂

I had a good day with the family, including cake! I even managed a few hours of archery in the forest this afternoon. Other news is that I've booked to go to Center Parcs for my birthday at the end of June as should be finished with chemo by then even if I have any more delays.

Am meeting with a friend (another BC warrior!) and our families tomorrow for a good natter 🙂

Have fun everyone, or as much fun as you can!!

Hello again

I was actually first diagnosed in 1986 and after lumpectamy and rads it didn't rear its ugly head again for 20 years. Then after a stressfull year with my daughter having hogkins lymphoma it came back in 2005,my treatment then was mastectomy with immediate reconstruction followed by hormone therapy, still no chemo.

It was in 2009 after I had cause to be concerned about a lump under my arm, took months and months to be taken seriously even with my track record that eventually a couple of swollen lymph nodes were removed and proved to be cancerous.

Its from there that I was told it couldn't be cured and hence so many chemos.

I am having 6 cycles or that's the plan,but we all know they don't always work,I will let you know about the cold cap if I carry on with it.

Take care

Jan

The shampoo bar is called New, its pink and supposedly lasts for 80 washes £5.70. Has cinnamon, cloves rosemary etc in it, supposedly to stimulate hair growth. Roots is a thickening conditioning treatment.
I am going out with some of my best friends that have helped me over the last 6 months tomorrow, and now that wine tastes of wine I shall be indulging in a glass or 2. The train is taking the strain. I need to try on a few outfits this morning and then if nothing fits or my foob peeks out I can go purchase something new this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a good weekend xx

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Janice & sorry you've had join us.
I also tried the scalp cooling for first 2 cycles. It prolonged the loss form me but lost so much by 3rd cycle decided to give in & shave.
Some on here have had success with paxman tho so good luck and wish you well with the EC
My next EC will be the 6th & final one planned for next Thursday.

Hopalong sounds like you've been having a mbira of well deserved pampering & good for you!
Love lush but think they mean not giving you as sample of roots for when you are ready.
Which shampoo bar are u using?

Lots of Love xx

I caught the eclipse through the clouds, did anyone else? I must have looked a sight stood on my doorstep.

Janice welcome but sorry you have had to join us.
Great news on cardiology front, Carmen you must be so relieved. You can carry on and enjoy your weekend with mum. I have rubbish veins so asked for a PICC. Had my 1st through a cannula as a trial but it was so painful. Things were much easier once the line went in.
I had my shiatsu treatment yesterday, came away with more exercises have already forgotten some of them. We are eventually going to get onto treating my cording next week.
I also collected my charm bracelet, and had a makeover in Debenham. Whoop Whoop I have eyebrow hairs that the girl managed to pencil. Went into lush and asked for a sample of roots but the assistant wouldn't give me one as she said it was too soon to use it. I am using their New shampoo bar and can feel some regrowth but not see anything yet. Janice I used the pax man cold cap and have kept all of back but my hair has thinned at the side and front. Have a bald patch approx 5x4 on Crown where the capddidn't contact.

Hi Jan,
Welcome to my rambling thread! I did the Paxman scalp cooling thing on cycle 1 but I lost a sizeable patch of hair on the top of my head, I was going to persevere for cycle 2 but that was delayed for a week due to heart problems and by one week later I really couldn't be bothered with it... I just wanted to simplify treatment to be as easy as it could be! There are a lot of people who are very happy with it and use it all the way through treatment, just wasn't for me. Let us know how you get on.

Sorry to hear you've been on treatment for 4 years, I hope you didn't get the nasty side effects with oral chemo.

Good luck with the EC, how many cycles are you having? I should be having cycle 3 of 6 on Monday, fingers crossed.

Take care xx

Hello all

Had my first cycle of ec yesterday so not feeling great. I am trying the cold cap called paxman but have been told to expect hair loss, I will see how much then decide whether to carry on with it,takes so long,30 minutes before treatment,one hour for treatment then has to stay on for 2 hours after. 

My cancer cannot be cured just controlled and have been having oral chemos over the past 4 years, one of which was capitabine which has the f element of FEC  in it so that's why I'm on ec.

Best wishes

Jan

Good news Carmen & what would we do without our BCNs.
Enjoy the weekend xxx

Yes! Got the all clear from cardiology to carry on with chemo. Have to take beta blockers to make sure my heart behaves and stop taking the tablets that help me sleep but all systems go... unless oncologist says otherwise (I'm seeing him before treatment on Monday)... very relieved!

No more delays now please 😉

Oh and popped in on BCN as I was at the hospital anyway and she said my arm pain will be from the one FEC that I had through a cannula in my hand... BCNs really do know everything!

Pistachio and chocolate orange sounds gorgeous!

Enjoy your weekend xx

Fantastic!
Glad your looking forward & am sure all will be well tomorrow 😃

Great you've been out walking today & the cake sounds gorgeous.

I made some pistachios & choc orange crumbles today ...... So had my recovery ration x

Hi 🙂
We had a foggy morning but a beautiful afternoon, had a lovely walk with my Mum and, of course, cake, delicious sticky toffee cake! I love spring sunshine too 🙂

Also today I phoned about a job opportunity and am going to apply over the weekend... trying to move on with my life!

Can't wait to get the all clear from cardiology (positive thinking) I've not been sleeping so well this week with the stress of not knowing.

Sorry you're still not feeling great, but planning and browsing for redecorating sounds fun.

Take care, will let you know how it goes tomorrow xx

Hi Girls,

Hope youve had a good day.

It's been glorious here today, spring is definitely in the air. This time of year always lifts me and hope does the same for you.

Think I may have overdone the walking yesterday as feeling completely shattered today and content to be at home planning a bit of re decorating. So been surfing for soft furnishing and it took my mind off feeling rubbish for a bit.

Carmen hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Lots of Love xx

Another control freak here... I can't stand things not going to plan... and this treatment is certainly not going to plan! 

Hopalong - Hope the massage helps with your pain, I've read about cording and it sounds nasty. Yes, I've seen the GP programme, the people on that make me seem normal too!  Your charm bracelet sounds fab, I love the idea of engraving the dates on it. Can't wait til I've finished chemo... very jealous of you 😉

Caroline - I'm sure talking at the Haven will help you immensely, at the Maggie's Centre, next to the cancer hospital, there is a psychologist (amongst other things) and I'm considering booking in to talk to him/her next time I'm there. Glad you had a good day out, it's great to talk to friends 🙂

I went into Chester with my Mum and although we didn't have cake we did have lunch out which was great.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!!!

ps we are most definitely having cake tomorrow 😉

I know what you mean about feeling out of control. We have to totally trust those caring for us and I find that very hard sometimes. I cope by asking loads of questions but like you I like to be in control.

Hope the massage helped with your pain today and its good to hear that you are feeling emotionally stronger. Ive got my first appointment with The Haven (Leeds) next Tuesday and Im looking forward to talking this over with the women Im booked in with.

Im loving the idea of your charm bracelet. Wear it with pride hopalong you deserve a standing ovation for getting through chemotherapy.

How are you getting on with the tamoxifen?

Not seen the GP programmes on channel 4 but will look out for it.

Ive been out walking today in the sunshine with an old friend.  Im feeling  like Ive had a counselling session, carnt beat a good old natter with old close friends......

We also stopped off for tea and of course compulsory recovery cake. Im allowing myself a little more than usual as I eat so little following chemo sessions. Telling myself I deserve the treat especially as my taste/smell is on its way back.

Carmen hope youve had a nice day with your mum xx

Lots of Love xx

Your so right Carmen, at times I have struggled to be a patient patient, mainly on a district nurse day. It also doesn't help when plans change and it feels like we have no say. I am such a control freak.
I'm having my third shiatsu massage session hoping it will help with my back pain and surgical cording. Then off to collect my completed charm bracelet had 1 engraved with my first & last chemo dates.
Feeling emotionally stronger this week. I haven't heard from my BCN since chemo 5.
I know what you mean about feeling like a nutcase. Have you caught any of the GP programs on channel 5 I feel that I really am quite normal when I turn up at my doctors appointment with my tale of woe.
Yes cake also features heavily in my recovery. Although I try to limit the craving.
Enjoy your day ladies xx

Hopalong - not easy being a patient patient though is it?! 😉

Enjoy your time at the haven, I hope you find it helpful.

Yes Caroline, I agree BCNs are angels. I can't imagine doing their job and having to deal with distraught, stressed, anxious etc people all day long... although sometimes I actually behave like a normal human being when speaking to mine instead of a gibbering wreck, not often though! 

Glad your tooth has been patched up and I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with your friend tomorrow.  I'm trying to think where I should take my Mum, but you can guarantee it will involve cake! 

Your making me laugh Carmen.

Our BCNs are angels...always there for us. Sometimes I think mine must dread ringing me after chemo as I'm always a mess with a tale of woe. She always manages to make me feel better ... Bless her x

The cake sounds gorgeous sooo nice to have taste & smell back. Im meeting a friend tomorrow for tea & cake....love cake.

I rang the hospital b4 seeing the dentist today and they advised me no invasive dental work without blood test as I'm in the 'vulnerable to infection' period. Yikes .... Anyway my lovely dentist just patched up my broken tooth without any drilling thank goodness. Carnt have broken tooth spoiling my trip out for tea & cake lol ...

Thanks for your support hopalong & hope you enjoy haven on Thursday. Are you having a treatment?

xx

Sorry your both struggling it is a hard slog, I'm sure a week breathing space will help. and try not to be too disappointed with your cardio delay, its at times like this when we realise why we are called patients.

I'm off to the Haven on Thursday so that will be nice. Take care all xx

No... not special, that's how I refer to my boys when they do stupid things! Am going to see BCN on Friday after the cardiologist, just realized she says 'flipping heck' a lot when talking to me... like I constantly surprise her with my specialness! 😉

Bad news on the tooth, hope it doesn't cause you any pain if they can't fix it because of chemo.

It's been cold and grey here today so took my Mum to the garden centre for cake... chocolate coconut cheesecake for me... delicious!!!

Not difficult more like special & so requires extra special care.

I broke a flipping tooth last night on popcorn of all things. So it's a trip to the dentist for a dressing putting on it as don't think will allowed dental treatment whilst on chemo.

Hope the rest my fragile body holds up for another few weeks.

Looks like the sun is out here. Enjoy today.
X

Glad you have more than one good day, although prob doesn't feel like it at times!

Feeling resigned to it all now, there's nothing I can do about it except go with what the experts say. That said I'm anxiously awaiting Friday.

Glad BCN sorted you out. Mine said she'd phone me today to check up on me post chemo, but I'm sure she'll give me a good reality check anyway. She already tells me I'm her difficult patient! It's good to be appreciated.

Hope you have a good day and keep smiling 🙂

Heck... what I ment to say was hope you feeling better and my mum visits on my good dayS not day as I do of course have more than one. haha ....... chemo brain not contacted to dyslexic fingers.

xx

Oh dear....... sorry youve had such an upsetting day.This is such an emotion ride. I am certain that everyone you met today will totally, totally empathise with you hunny. It  takes such courage to drag ourselves for our treatment every 3 weeks knowing that we likely to be floored for weeks. I can only imagine how upset you are Carmen but I hope that your feeling a little  now that youve got a cardio appointment on Friday.

I hope you get some clarity.

Your team have definitely made the right decision about not giving any more chemo until they are absolutely sure about the cardio situation. It's just a pity they didnt contact you sooner but hay...........

It's nice that youve got your mum to lean on this week. Im sure she will be happy to see you on a good week and as you say have some flipping fun ...... you deserve it!  .....

(mmmm.....my mum gets very upset on my bad days so she visits on my good day only .... that works for me) 

As for me..... well Ive had a little melt down today but my BCN sorted me out yet again. She arranged appointment with my Onc for next Wednesday to discuss delaying my final EC.

Im struggling to recover from number 5 and feel I need a break. It would be so nice to feel well over Easter hols instead of mum in bed yet again.. 

Chin up Carmen and have a lovely few days with your family.

Lots of love xxxx

They did have a letter from cardio dept, which requested/advised the cardio referral. And yes, I was upset. Cried at everyone... the registrar and two nurses when they told me, then had to go back to the bay to get my line dressed so cried on two more nurses and a fellow BC patient who was on her first FEC - prob scared her to death with fears of heart complications! Then popped in to Maggie's Centre and cried on them too! 

Feel bad for my Mum as she's come to stay this week to help with kids, cooking etc... 4hr drive from Somerset. We can have a fun week instead! 

I know it's the best thing... they don't want to kill me off with chemo induced heart failure! But just want to get on with it as I'm doing ok, and coped pretty well with the last cycle.

Anyway, cardio dept phoned earlier and booked me in with consultant on Friday morning so should know then whether I can go ahead with chemo, or not... which would be totally unfair considering I've pretty much lost my hair now!!! 

Thanks for your lovely words, I hope you're feeling loads better now and can start enjoying yourself again. Did you talk with the onc about postponing your last cycle?

Oh nooooo.....and what were we saying about the NHS the other day....what happened to the report?

You must have been really upset as we build ourselves upto the chemo for days dont we.........hoping you feeling a bit better now.

But.....

it is great that they making absolutely sure your 100% before they zap you again Carmen. I know you felt ready and of course want all the treatment out of the way as soon as possible but  enjoy your bonus week of feeling well before the next.

Get yourself booked onto pilates and a massage or three.

xx

Ha, well they threw nothing at me today as they want me to see a cardiologist before continuing chemo. Provisionally booked in for cycle 3 next Monday but only if seen cardio God/Goddess before then. Seriously not happy right now...

Happy Mother's Day 🙂

Everyone has been much happier today, and we've had a good day!

Went out for all you can eat breakfast, then to church for a special Mother's Day service, watched the F1 (to keep no. 1 son happy), went for a walk and then my Mum arrived for a week long visit. 

Although I can't help but think that's it for a week or so until I feel a bit recovered from the next onslaught of drugs!!! I'm disappointed that I didn't get to Pilates, but very impressed with myself going on 5 long walks during week 3... probably more energetic than Pilates anyway!

Ready for all tomorrow can throw at me... bring it on!

Carmen xx

Aw I'm just the same bubbling all over the place but yes it make made laugh too.

My youngest a right old grump yesterday. He couldn't decide where he wanted to be or with who. There must be something in the air ...hormones I think.

I'm sure everyone will be on best behaviour tomorrow. Here's hoping for a Cyndi Lauper day 😄 Have fun xxxxxx

Yes, NHS is fantastic. I hate watching Comic Relief and Children in Need I just cry at all of it and am very happy to give my donation and be glad that I can help people in some way. Did think the Daniel Craig little girl voice was hysterical though. And older boy is a big David Walliams fan so he loved watching him.

Trying to make the most of my last weekend before it all starts again but my family are driving me mad with their bickering and grumpiness and its making me grumpy when I just want to have fun (like Cyndi Lauper 😉 )! Hope they'll all just shut up tomorrow and let me be happy!

Hope they agree to delaying no 6 for you xx

Hopalong.... I found Haven to a a great to support back in 2010. Glad youve found them too..

Carmen thanks for your support . 

It sounds like your getting well looked after. Isn't our NHS amazing after watching the TV last night it made me realise how lucky we are I carn't imagine living in a very poor county with BC ..... doesn't bear thinking about....

Im starting to feel a little better now but think Im going to ask my Ong to delay number 6 by a week as think I need more time to recovery this time.

Hope Monday goes ok and have a lovely day tomorrow.

Lots of Love xx

Good to hear from you Caroline. This whole situation is so hard, especially when the chemo makes you feel so rubbish, melt downs are allowed and pretty normal. I'm lucky(ish) in that I don't work so I don't have to think about that side of things. Well done for making that appointment, sometimes that's the hardest thing to do. I'm sure you'll get some good support there. I rely heavily on my BCN, poor love is probably fed up of me!

The cardio guys are taking good care of me, they said they'd send the report out yesterday so hoping the oncologist has it on Monday. I just have to keep a note of any episodes of rapid heart rate and ring them if I'm concerned. Trouble is I'm paranoid now and imagining my heart's doing weird things!

My arm is a lot better today, still a bit sore but at least I can straighten it now, thanks for the hot water bottle tip Hazel, I'll try that too. Will still mention it to nurses on Monday.

It's good we've got mother's day to look forward to and hope you feel good enough to enjoy a meal out.

Take care,

Carmen xx

Hi Waiting, wobbles are normal, I've started at the Haven, this week and had one myself. Take it easy.xx

My picc line gets sore after each chemo but a hot pad or hot water bottle on the site for 20 mins a few times a day really works, hope that helps x

Thanks for your support Carmen.
Hoping

How did your cardio appointment go ; hoping your arm settled & your pain free
I'm still not feeling great and have been a bit down this week but am sure will pick up over weekend when hubby boys around tis mums day. Hoping my taste/smell returns by then as there's talk of taking me out 😄.
Hope you've got something nice planned.

I forced myself outside yesterday for a short walk but turned back because felt so wobbly was scared in case tripped over. 😟

Been thinking about the future, getting back to work etc having bit of a melt down about how I will get from here to there. So, I've been pro active made an appointment with Haven for some emotional support.

Love Caroline x

Caroline, thinking of you and hope you're starting to feel a little better xx

Ooh sorry guys didn't mean to worry you all about my arm. GP and district nurses have checked it and no signs of anything, blood clots, infections etc. Nurse thinks it may be putting pressure on a nerve. I will mention it at chemo on Monday though, unless it gets worse and then I'll phone them.

Hubby has said he'll buy me a new bow (archery) as an after chemo present. I think I'm going to get myself a new iPod... music has been my salvation through all of this.

Hang on in there Caroline xx

Thanks for your kind words Carmen it helps to know you out there.
I'm soooooo tired of feeling rubbish. Just want life back but no idea how going to get from here to there .... but will I know eventually.
Think going to speak with onc tomorrow.

Sorry your PICC giving your pain. Maybe better get it checked out?

Lots of Love x

Herewego a charm for each chemo session could work out very pricey for you!!! I got the idea from a friend who has had chemo and she treated herself to something after each session, she bought a pair of shoes, had a day learning how to make cup cakes, etc.

Carmen I would mention your pain as unless its new it shouldn't hurt and not to frighten you but you can get a blood clot in your PICC arm.

I found number 4 to be my worst fatigue wise, keep going xx

Moan away, you're totally allowed to. After all you were there for my moan-fest on Friday!

I wish words could make it better but we do understand what you're going through and completely sympathize. Just hang on in there, cry, moan, stay in bed all day... do whatever it takes to get through this horrible time.

I'm doing ok this week. My arm with the PICC line in is really sore, so no Pilates as I can't straighten it without huge pain. I'm already dreading cycle 3 on Monday.

Thinking of you and wishing you could feel better sooner, take care xx