Anyone living in the harrow area

, im new to the forums diagnosed in oct 07 invasive ductal cancer 2/17 nodes affected triple negative after quite a positive outlook to start with i know find im struggling a bit,it seems to have hit me all of a sudden a bit like a delayed reaction anyone else felt like this

Hello Sylvias Star
I live in the Harrow area. I was diagnosed in Mar 09 with IDC and I’m triple negative too. I had a mastectomy,chemo and rads and have just had my first annual mammo & check up which was fine.

What treatment did you have? Have you been OK since? I must admit that it seems strange coming to the end of treatment and I am now trying to devise a new pattern of life that includes things like exercise as there is no further medication. I try and stay positive but some days are harder than others.

Joss

Hi

I am in the Harrow area too, treatment at Northwick Park. Was diagnosed Feb and am going through chemo at the moment have had 2 cycles. Will then have op, rads and hormone therapy.

Do feel like i had a bit of staggered rection like my head is only taking in as much as it can take at a time. I have found a lot of support locally that i can pass on to you. There is a support group in Wealdstone and also at Mount Vernon and also a few other things locally.

Jayne xxx

hi jayne i too was treated at northwick park mastectamy first followed by 3 fec and 3 tax then radiotherapy at mount vernon i found the fec ok but the tax was tougher if youre having tax paint your nails black cos its light sensitive i didnt know and my nails fell off. It is dooable though and you do come through it in the end xx

hi joss yes i know what you mean some days i feel ok but then otherss i can have a really down day i had a mastectamy followed by 3 fec and 3 tax i think the triple negative thing makes its seem more scary iv put kn an awful lot of weight so im planning on doing some swimming

hi all hope you are all ok

Hi Sylvias Star
How are you feeling now? I see that we had identical treatment in the same hospitals. I even had a similar problem with my nails - they have more or less recovered now although I’ve never had very strong nails. Did you use the Linda Jackson Centre at Mount Vernon? I went there for a Look Good Feel Better session and also reflexology. I found them very supportive.

My exercise pattern includes a weekly swim at the Leisure Centre but they are refurbishing the pool area at present so although the pool is open there are no showers or toilets available in that part of the building so I am going to take a break for a couple of weeks. My other main exercise is walking which I do with the Harrow PCT Walking to Health scheme. There are almost daily walks for about an hour or so setting off from different stations. Thursday morning is Pinner and we finish up in Cafe Nero. Today we did a longer walk - to Eastcote - and I am beginning to feel it now. Time for a cup of tea I think.

All the best
Joss

hi joss not feeling too bad have had a really niggling pain in my shoulder i kn ow its nothing sinister cos i had bone scans recently and they said it was artheritis still painful though, i havent joined any groups since being diagnosed but i did go to lynda jacson centre i too did the look good feel better and the aromatherapy probably have seen you there next time we go well have to wear badged with our names on them

Hi SS
Hope you are having a good holiday weekend. From the response to this thread it looks as if there are not many of us in the Harrow area although the clinics at NPH always seem very busy.

I have been in a kind of reflective mood for the last couple of days. Easter/spring being a time of new life and so on. It was March 31st last year that I had my mastectomy so I am just passed the one year mark. When I think back to that time I didn’t even feel sure I would make it to Christmas and yet here I am feeling well and with no evidence of disease. It’s great and yet I find it very difficult to plan for the next year (I can do about 3 months) without that little voice in my head saying “what if…?”

Joss

hi joss sorry havent been on for a while been busy getting work done in my house, i know what you mean about planing for the future i too hear that horrible little voice. im going to start swimming hatch end poo has been refurbished so im going to give that a go i also went o a look good feel better day at lynda jackson weve probably seen each other before

hi joss sorry havent been on for a while been busy getting work done in my house, i know what you mean about planing for the future i too hear that horrible little voice. im going to start swimming hatch end poo has been refurbished so im going to give that a go i also went o a look good feel better day at lynda jackson weve probably seen each other before

Hi

I live in the Harrow area and have been diaognised four weeks ago. They are still doing tests on me as I have complexities. I have a confirmed cancer on the left with other suspicious areas and some suspicious areas on the right. I am at Northwick Park and the team have left no stone unturned for the number of tests done. I am awaiting the final decision on Monday where I will be adviced whether to have surgery - probably a mastectomy - and then chemo or the other way round. It is very difficult to get your head round this but life does go on. I am 41 and would like to chat with someone in a similar situation.

Hello anyone in Harrow area!!

Are there any ladies living in the Harrow area who know of any exercise classes to go to which aren’t too expensive? I went to the one advertised in Northwick Park Hospital but the classes are at Mt Vernon Hospital, a bit to far to travel and costly to get to, most people seemed to dash off afterwards!
I am due to have a mastectomy at Charing Cross, hopefully after my scan in November, hope I do not have to wait to long.
Any replies would be appreciated.
thanks

Hamlet
XXX

hi all i havent been on here for ages i hope your all well i guess ive just been trying to get on with my life ive achieved a few goals one of wich is going back to work after raising a family for the past 20 years and i honestly say its the best thing i ever did would really love to know how your all getting on had another scare before xmas they thought i had another one but all turned out ok thankfully so onwards and upwards xx take care all