Anyone near Wellingborough

Is there anyone around the Wellingborough area who would like to meet up for coffee? I have had one round of chemo at the Centenary Wing at Kettering and will be having radiotherapy too. I have met a lovely from on here who has been very helpful to me. People who have been through this understand all the misery etc. And a good chat works wonders. Thought I’d just ask :slight_smile:

Hi, I have just come across your post. I live in the Kettering area and am a year down the line from diagnosis.
I had my treatment at the centenary wing too and was very impressed with how lovely everyone is.
If you need any help or advice please private mail me and I will help in any way I can.
Hope things are going well and that you aren’t suffering too many side effects.
Take care. Love and hugs. Debbie. xx

Hi, I am from Wellingborough and have just been diagnosed, I am waiting for my results from my CAT, MRI and bone scan then they will let me know when I will have surgery. I hate the waiting part. If any of you 2 could let me know what you had to do and what I can expect it would be great. I am so scared at the moment I really do hate waiting. Did any of you have to have a CAT/MRI/Bone scan before surgey? Who did you see for surgery etc? if you could let me know I would love it even if you want to private message me. I am so scared at the moment. Thanks

Hi Ladies,
I am from a village just outside Wellingborough. I have just had FEC4 on Thursday and I am being treated at Northampton.
I would be happy to chat online or meet up. I know I won’t have all the answers you want - but you’ll find them on here somewhere - but I can understand all the emotions you are going through and how scared you are feeling. Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Karen

My wife Vicky helps with a group at the Cynthia Spencer Hospice in Northampton for anyone receiving palliative care. They meet on a Friday morning from 11am in the day centre for coffee, chats etc if that’s of use to anyone.
Vicky has been receiving treatment for BC with mets at diagnosis for over 5 years, so I’m sure she’d be happy to share her experiences.
Stuart