cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on EC chemo ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Anyone on EC chemo ?

Hi how long before hair started coming out? Did you feel sick at all ? 

Highlighted

Hi, I have just finished my EC. I hade 6 cycles, it was really ok, almost no side effects, was given steroids for the first days after each cycle. It helped a lot, all the cancer spots have become smaller. Ask me any other questions if you feel like doing so, I will be more than glad to answer them

Highlighted

Hello Sarah 

i was on Ec for my primary!  I was on steroids, but they may have changed stuff since 2001"....I dont recall feeling that unwell,but did lose my hairxx

best of luck with it

Moijanxx💚💚💚

Highlighted

Hi Sarah,
I haven't been on EC for SBC yet but apparently when my current chemo fails then I will get the choice of Taxol or EC. I had four cycles of EC to shrink my primary tumour 10 years ago and it worked really well while 4 cycles of taxol held things at bay but didn't cause much shrinkage. So I'll definitely go for EC. Only problem with it is I think you can only have a limited amount of cycles as it can cause damage to your heart. Other ladies can correct me if I"m wrong. I'm going to try a cold cap too if possible. Didn't try one the first time. Hope you get some replies from ladies who have been on EC for SBC. I will read them with interest. Good luck with your treatment. Best wishes xxx
Highlighted

Anyone on EC chemo ?

Just been told Cape not working on lung mets , onc suggested trying EC chemo. I had FEC back in 2008 with primary Breast tumour and it worked really well . Anyone on this regime , considering trying the cold cap again could not stand it before so ? Whether I can tolerate it again . Do they give you steroids? 

Advice welcome