Anyone on Faslodex?

Anyone on Faslodex?

Anyone on Faslodex? I read somewhere about the use of Faslodex (Fulvestrant) in conjunction with AI’s to “soak up” any remaining oestrogen in the body for people who have ER+ tumours. So, when I went to see my onc this week to get my first prescription for Arimidex, I asked about getting Faslodex too and was told that it is not available because the results have not been as good as they had originally seemed. Does anyone have any more information on / personal experience of this drug? Thanks!

bcmets.org/ Ladies on this site have tried/are on Faslodex. Best wishes, dilly

first time in chat forum Hi
I’ve just started my second round of chemo after 4 years, although I have a secondary in my bones, it is the lymph nodes in my collarbone that keep coming back, this is the third time now, already had radiotherapy here so it was back to chemo.
I had AC first time round which wasn’t too bad, but this time I’m having Docetaxel, side effects seem worse. Had my first 2 weeks ago and my hair is now coming out fast, I’m not too bothered about this, my new wig is at the ready, although I felt comfortable last time without a wig, there are times when you feel you need one.
Has any one else had Doxetaxel, just wondered how you got on with it.
Philipa

For philipa Hi Philipa

Welcome to the forums where I am sure you will receive a lot of advice and support from the other users.

I have also started a new topic for you on in the Secondary breast cancer room titled First time in chat room so that it will be seen by more users.

Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care