Anyone start FEC- T treatment November 2012 {chemo}

had 2nd cycle Dec 10th, sickness under control more this cycle but still felt really ill until today, day 10, . First cycle put me in hospital on antibiotics, . oncologist reduced dose 2nd cycle. hated chemo suite and uncaring nurses. is anyone going through thisb terrible treatment,mood swing been terrible until yesterday and couldnt stop eating. My biggest problem now is excruciating piles, i dread going to the toilet. lov to hear from anyone!!

Hello Clarebare

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

HI Clare
I had my 3rd FEC 12 days ago. Starting on T and Herceptin next on 27/28th.
FEC knocked me out for a week, felt crap, so tired, mood swings, Constipation for a week, then yes, sore bleeding bum when you do go. AFter 2nd I got an infection and a week of diarrhoea and spent 8 days in hospital. neutropenic. I now have 5 days of stomach injections after chemo to combat that. Happily they seem to have done some good, I felt rough for a week, but have felt fine now and expect to feel fine thru Christmas until next chemo. I did get oral thrush this time round, but a trip to my GP for some meds soon fixed that. Any problems don’t hesitate to call the onc team who will advise you.
You can’t stop eating? I have had the opposite problem. I can only manage soup for a week after chemo. Am now only managing small meals. Just got no appetite. Got piles of chocs and biccys here I just don’t fancy. Not like me at all! Have lost a stone sofar.
So sorry to hear your nurses seem uncaring. The nurses I see have been wonderful. As putting the chemo in by syringe is quite personal, they sit and chat about the drugs, side effects, hair loss, anything at all really. The chemo suite is lovely. All chairs look out across countryside and I have seen lots of rabbits frolicking and even a deer one morning.
Next chemo changes the drugs, T and herceptin are given on separate days so they can monitor any adverse reactions. Also got to hang around for 6 hours after the H in case of reactions. they told me T less likely to cause sickness, more likely to get aches and pains. Expecting to be laid up on my sofa New Year’s Eve.
Hang on in there, keep warm, and I hope you feel better thru Christmas and new year before your 3rd cycle
xSue