1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo August 2015?

carolec

Re: Anyone starting chemo August 2015?

Richelle glad rads going ok - I'm also on antibiotics what a pain. Hope to finish them by Christmas so I can at least have a drink!  Tania good luck with your rads on the 23rd and hope everyone else is ok xxx

Tania786

Hi ladies, hope you're all doing ok.
Bibi-what a relief!
I'm doing ok, just feel tired very quickly and having a lower backpain. Otherwise fine. I guess they are tbe SEs from the all the chemo. I'm dur to start my rads on 23 Dec so feeling a bit nervous...
Good luck to everyone!
Richelle

Hi ladies thanks for the advice re flushes, I have sourced some acupuncture in the new year, rads going ok but an hour delay for all three days last week so it is taking a lot longer than expected. Also on antibiotics as not been feeling well the last week so a bit fed up. 

Brave I hope the op went well and they are taking good care of you, can't believe Christmas is nearly here!  I hope you all have a healthy one as possible and the New Year is kinder to everyone xxx

carolec

Thanks Bibi - yes all going ok.  Boob looks like it's been fried in the sun but not really sore and I'm putting loads of E45 cream on.  Hope you're ok - how was your hair after your last session - hope they gave you a better fitting cold cap.  Lisalou sorry to hear you've been in hospital and hope that is the last of your chemo.  Hope everyone else is ok - and brave hope your op went well xxx

Bibi44

Carole How're things after week two? Hoping you're still find it ok.  Richelle hope your rads went ok too. X

Bibi44

Lisalou sorry to hear you have been in hospital. Hope you continue to feel more like yourself in time for Christmas. Sarah so pleased you seem to be through the worst of T3. Thanks LisaJ.  Hope you're ok too. xxxx

Lisalouw

Phew bibi , that's fantastic news , you must have been so scared , I've had a few scares in past which turned out to be fat necrosis which is usually near our surgery scars
I've only just started receiving emails again about your posts so not sure what happened there , I've just had a spell in Weston park cancer hospital , the TAC got the better of me again , mouth full of ulcers , face puffy and felt weak and faint , been on iv antibiotics , I'm back home now but mouth still sore , more gums now and roof of mouth , ulcers now on the mend , so glad that was my 6 th , will read through posts more just getting my little boy off to bed , we are very late tonight , big hugs everyone xxx
lisajane7878

Oh god bibi thank goodness it was only that. I felt sick reading over threads then!! I have started getting night sweats. They are annoying and do interfere with sleep xx
Ele J

Hi folks

Richelle - re night sweats, as well as acupuncture which Carolec mentions and which I've also heard good things about, i've read quite a lot recently about exercise being one of the most effective things for reducing hot flushes and night sweats. Might be the last thing you can face while going through treatment but once you're out the other side might be worth a go!

At the other end of the spectrum, certain anti depressants are meant to be effective at reducing hot flushes, so I don't know whether they would also work for night sweats? Worth talking to your GP if they are interfering with your sleep...you really need your sleep!

X
Sarahd-1

Hi Ladies. Bibi how are you doing that must have been such a scare for you! Im so pleased to hear that its a cyst 🙂 Carol you seem to be doing well with rads It will soon be over 🙂 Richelle good luck for tomorrow. I am having the same as you with the hot then freezing I hope this subsides I could do with a good nights sleep! Brave good luck for saturday xxx Suzey how are you? I am Day 7 of final T and I think I am coming through the other side. I have ached more or this one but not been in bed as much. How are you Debs are you feeling better now they have reduced your T. Thinking of you all ladies trying to get through this and sorting christmas out can be testing! xxxxxxxxxxx
Bibi44

Sure was Carole!! I certainly don't need any more aggro at this stage of treatment. You know the people who make onicolife nail drops? Well they do rads cream too. Given how good the nail drops are, I've ordered a bottle in preparation.  Good tip about the E45 too. xx

carolec

Bibi what a relief for you - so glad all ok and good that you found it yourself and had it checked out quickly.

Richelle I'm 2 years post menopausal so had the night sweats a couple of years ago and now they have come back again, but they don't keep me awake at night.  I was offered some complimentary therapy with the Penny Brohn charity and one of the things they recommend for night sweats/hot flushes is acupuncture.  They also recommend it for the peripheral neuropathy which I still suffer from a bit so going to try it once I finish my rads.

Re rads - I was given a tip yesterday and that is if they are concentrating on one particular area, to slap a large dollap of E45 cream on and cover with a piece of gauze and that way it penetrates that area and also protects the skin from rubbing against your bra.

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Bibi44

Thanks Suzy. xx

SuzyEB

Bibi, what a scare for you. So glad it was a cyst. Enjoy the rest of your day. xxx

Richelle

Oh Bibi that's fantastic news I am so happy for you! Brave wishing you the very best of luck for your op x

Can I ask the ladies who have finished chemo about night sweats, I am 43 and was pre menopausal before treatment and had the usual chemo sweats, then hot sweats then freezing from 4-6th T.

Since I finished chemo they have stopped during day but got much worse at night, they are happening every 30-60 minutes and keeping me awake all night. I have tried paracetomol before bed but didn't help has anyone else got the same thing and any tips, I am not taking any hormones and hate not sleeping!

Bibi44

Thanks for your kind words ladies . . It's a cyst so cue BIG sigh of relief! He did say they have known a new one to grow on chemo, so always worth checking.

Brave all the very best for your surgery. Hope you recover quickly & escape in time for a Christmas at home xx

Richelle

Good luck with the ultrasound Bibi hope all goes well xxx
carolec

Big hugs Bibi - hope all goes well today xxx

bravescholar

Gosh, Bibi, fingers crossed everything's ok. I'm still losing eyebrows too, three weeks after my last chemo. That really doesn't seem fair, does it?!

A couple of you have been through the mill with chemo and SEs. Debs, your allergic reaction sounds like a nightmare. You must have been scared. Hope things settle/have settled down for everyone who's been suffering.

Richelle, you sound in good spirits. Good for you! Good luck with rads today.

I'm psyching myself up for my op on Saturday. Compression bras and knickers at the ready. Christmas shopping three quarters done and I think that's the way it'll have to stay!

Hugs to all xxxx

JenJen

Sending you all my love for today bibi and praying all goes OK x
Bibi44

Thanks Richelle. All the best for rads . . Come back & let us know how it goes.  I have been encouraged by what Carole has said so far. I found another lump in the other side last week, so off for an urgent ultrasound this morning. I know it should be fine . . What could grow on chemo after all, but I thought it would all be fine last time too. BBx

Richelle

Bibi - sorry to hear about your hair loss and fingers crossed the cap helps it grow back quickly!
Lisajane- so pleased that your second T was easier and that it has done it's job on your lump 😊
Carolec- pleased to hear your rads are going well with all that breath holding you can take up free diving in the new year!
Debs - so sorry to hear about your reaction hope your feeling better
Tania - hope the cold is better

Sarah and Lisalou -hope your both ok

I start my rads tomorrow must admit I have enjoyed not going to the hospital but hey ho needs must! Also put my Xmas decorations up today and made a honey roast gammon so trying to get in the festive spirit 

xxxxxx

Bibi44

Hi LisaJane Glad you are doing better on T2 & that your lump seems to have gone.  My consultant asked me about the cold cap yesterday, so told her.  She said, in her experience, it only works for 20% of people, which is way less than the stats show.  If it had been really uncomfortable I think I woukd gave given up by now, but it is supposed to speed it hair growth, so I feel as if I should carry on now. x

lisajane7878

Ho everyone I haven't posted for a while. For no other reason than just being so busy with kids school stuff and getting a new kitchen. Well school broke up now and kitchen fitted so am pleased with that. I found my second T easier than the first although the tiredness is annoying but other than that no real SE to mention. I have my last on the 23rd dec then surgery for me after that. I can't even feel the lump at all now so that's reassuring. My hair is dreadful now. It's just thin all over but has actually started to grow back at the root. Eyebrows and eyelashes are very thin too!!! I find I look at everyone's hair now with a little envy although being a hairdresser I'm prob already obsessed with hair!!! Anyway hope everyone is keeping well and getting sorted for Christmas xxxx
carolec

Sorry to hear about your hair Bibi - what a pain after using that cold cap every week, but luckily it's on top so you can cover it with a scarf or large hair band.  Hope your taxol went ok and then you're over half way there!  Once you get going time just flies by!  Yes it's week 2 for me and doing ok on the breath hold, well kind of - rads will finish on 30 December with a few days off over Christmas.   Bit of a pain travelling there every day, especially as not done all my Christmas shopping yet so trying to fit that in!  Hope everyone else is ok xxx

Bibi44

Hi Carole Sorry to hear about your leg. I haven't had that with my Herceptin (yet), but I have read about it on another thread somewhere. Glad rads not too bad yet. Did u manage the holding your breath thing ok?  One week down . . Is it 2 more to go? Hope it continues to be ok for you this week.  Just off for my 6th Paclitaxel at this end . . halfway through the T for me now. Sorry to hear about the eyebrows. I have a bald patch now on top after the nurse messed up the cold cap 2 weeks ago grrrr.  She decided we should try a larger cap with a smaller exterior, which unfortunately wasn't a great combo.  Was a bit sad, because was doing ok until that point, but it's gone now, so no point worrying about it I suppose. I look like a corpse bride now anyway . . Pale, dark rings round eyes . . What's the odd bald patch amongst friends xx

carolec

Just been catching up on your posts - Debs so sorry to hear about your experience with the second T - sounds horrible and hope they reduce it for you next time - on a positive note - only one more and then you're done! Congrats Sarah and Shelley on completing yours and Sarah I know what you mean as I'm still feeling for my port and that's been gone for over 6 weeks now! First week of rads completed and I'm feeling ok - tiredness hasn't really set in yet, bit of a pink boob but nothing to complain about! I'm surprised that I lost most of my eyebrows after chemo so now drawing them in and eyelashes thinned a lot so using eye liner. I had herceptin on Thursday in thigh as usual and been painful and red at injection site since then which not had before. Been taking piriton but has anyone else on herceptin experienced this? Wonder if I should ask for it through vein next time xxx

Bibi44

OMG Debs! The T just isn't suiting you at all is it? So sorry to hear you had all that drama. I really hope u r feeling OK this weekend. 

Congrats Shelley & hope the SE aren't too bad. Really green with envy xx

Sarahd-1

Congratulations Shelley on your last chemo. I'm in bed now feeling wiped out but ok so far. Xxxxxxx
Sarahd-1

Aww debs so sorry you have had to go through that. Sending you massive hugs xxxxxxxxxx
Shellyjenks

Big hugs Debs,that's all you need, glad turned ok in the end, I had my last one yesterday, usually SE kicks in tomorrow x
Debs30

Not at all plain sailing. I had a severe allergic reaction to the T within the first 2 minutes. Surrounded by doctor and 3 nurses struggling to breathe with swollen face and severe pain in my back and stomach and stars infront of my eyes.

Seemed like forever before I felt ok , had to have an injection of piriton mixed with something which I can't remember. Had to wait 45 minutes before they allowed me to try again and it went through slow but I was ok . If I had reacted again I would not have been able to have any more T.

feel ok today but still dosed up with steroids so tomorrow will tell.

Hope you are all ok and having a good weekend xxxxxxx

Debs 

Bibi44

Debs that it great news & I hope it reduces the awful SEs you have experienced. Fingers crossed you should be starting to feel ok by Christmas. Big hugs to you & all the best xx

Debs30

Morning Ladies

Congratulations to all you ladies who have completed the chemotherapy journey ..well done , so proud of you all .

My 2nd T is being reduced today so hoping I will find it a bit easier with the se. Would like to feel ok for Christmas if possible.

Love to you all xxxxxxx

Debs 

Sarahd-1

Thanks bibi it's good to have picc line out the funny thing is I'm still moving around like it's there as I have a dressing on it till tonight. I have been low on the last T I think you feel your so close to the finishing line and the time of year. Hearing about all the get togethers that I would normally be at and wanting my normal life back. But I also think the steroids can cause low days but even when I was down I did keep saying this will be over with soon and got to keep strong. And all you lovely ladies help me more than you know. Xxxxx
Bibi44

Congratulations Sarah 🍾! So pleased you are done, must be lovely to get rid of the PICC. Wishing you manageable SE this round. Just think, by the time it's Christmas you should hopefully be feeling more like yourself. Sorry you've been low, you come across as such a positive person on this blog. Fingers crossed for this round. xx

Sarahd-1

Hi Ladies I have had the last chemo and my Picc line has been taken out 🙂 But I must admit I am feeling a bit funny already so I think this one might hit me hard. Good luck Shellyjenks for tomorrow. Tania good to hear you are feeling more normal and good luck with your rads. How are you Brave? Richelle sounds like you are doing well. Debs good luck for tomorrow. Bibi hope you are ok? Lisa I hope this passes soon one of the things I have hated about this treatment is how low it can make you feel. I have a few days of such lowness that I have never had before. I have to keep telling my self it will pass to try and shake it off. I dont like this heavy legs thing I am getting used to it no and I hope it goes soon now the chemo is finished. Big hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tania786

Hi everyone, good to get an update on all of you.... It's been a week since I had my last chemo.... Starting to feel a bit better but got a cold. Have been sneezing all night. I can't wait to feel normal too, my hair are starting to grow too but very slow. I noticed that my eye lashes have gone thinner, not sure if they would disappear completely!

My rads pre treatment appt went well, i was so nervous though!
I'm starting the rads from 23 Dec.

Good luck to you all with your treatments, rads, house move etc.

Lisalouw

Morning ladies , I'm liking the hugs button , richelle thank you for your post last night , I read it and the hope bit really did give me abit of hope , it's now day 7 after 6th TAC , I was feeling slightly better yest and then up all night feeling sick and runs , just took some diarolyte as I feel a little dehydrated , hopefully it's stopped now , Sarah glad you feeling better and that you feel abit of normality , the stairs are difficult arnt they , I usually have a lay down to get over it , Sarah and Shelleyjenks , good luck for the final chemo and well done for getting so far , hope everyone ok , I'm going to have a lay down , looks like another bed day , my sister and her family are over from Australia , I've been very emotional as it's hard as I want to do normal things with them and my son but I've just been too poorly and I'm in bed for the best of 10 days after chemo , keep telling myself it's the last one , think it's the time if yr , and then when I'm better they will have gone back , grrrr , feeling very left out and isolated at the mo , I'm going to press all your hug buttons to cheers myself up , Lv to everyone xxx
bravescholar

I second that, Shelly.

Bibi44

Good luck with the last one Shelly & all the best for the SE x

Shellyjenks

Hi all, all the best for chemo whose having it this week, got my 6th and final chemo tomorrow😀, can't wait to get it over with, just not looking forward to SE, got my appt to start rads on 6th Jan for 3 weeks. All the best everyone on here xx
carolec

Lovely post Richelle and good luck with your first rads - noticed they have added a "hugs" button and often wanted to like a post as on another popular site - hugs is better xxx

Bibi44

Ah what a lovely positive post to wake up to Richelle. Glad you're starting to feel more like yourself & all the best for rads. xx

Richelle

Just catching up on all your progress...... Sarah good luck with your last chemo tomorrow hope it goes well and with the house move something positive to look forward to......Carol hope the rads are going ok........Debs sorry to hear you've been poorly hope your feeling better soon.......Lisalou congratulations on having your last chemo 🎉........Tania I hope the rads planning went ok........ Bibi hope your still feeling ok after dose 5....

All good here, 23 days since last chemo, heavy achy legs much better, hot sweats also much improved just at night now yeah ! Still getting some chest pain but again only notice it when in bed and hair is growing all over head although still very downy.

I am actually starting to believe life can get back to some sort of normality after chemo ☺️ Just the rads to get through next starting on the 16th December.

H-old

O-n

P- ain

E-nds

xxxxx

Sarahd-1

Thanks Bibi. We put an offer in before I started chemo and it has taken this long due to a long chain so it could go for a lot longer yet. But its ok good timing in a way because I should have finished all treatment before we move.:) I have had my rads appointments through I start on the 11 of Jan and finish on the 1st of Feb and I am only having 3 weeks instead of 4 as originally thought. I hope everyone is ok good luck for anyone having chemo this week. How are you doing Carol and Debs I will be thinking of you Friday. Tania richelle lisa how are you feeling after last T? Big hugs ladies xxxxxxxxxxx
Bibi44

Although moving can be stressful/hard work, your new house will give you something nice to focus on when this is all over. Respect, Sarah, for buying a house as well as finishing your chemo.  All the best m'dear. xx

Sarahd-1

Hi Ladies How are you all. I havent been on here much I have had loads of appointments and we are buying a house at the moment so we have had a lot going on there too. Yes last Chemo on Thursday 🙂 I cant wait to get it over and done with. I have read all your posts and my brain cant remember all of them. I hope my brain function comes back after this. Debs it will be over before you know it. Tania, richelle lisas carol and not forgetting Bibi of course I hope you are all ok the one thing I have found this time is the back of legs feel so weak and if I am going up a lot of stairs I have to stop half way. apparently this is a common side effect but very frustrating for someone who likes to walk fast. big hugs to all of you and I hope I havent missed anyone out xxxxxxxxxxx

Bibi44

Sarah good luck for your last chemo. i'm thinking it must be this week, but I might have that wrong x

Bibi44

Oh well done with the mouth thingy. Worth protecting your heart even if a bit tricky to start. x