1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo August 2015?

Sarahd-1

Re: Anyone starting chemo August 2015?

Brave I am so sorry to hear your sad news . Thinking of you and your family lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ele J

So so sorry to hear that Bravescholar, really rotten for you and your family. Sending you condolences and hugs x
bravescholar

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news but i can't not let you know that my dad died unexpectedly at the weekend. I'm on my way up to Glasgow on the train now to be with my mum and five brothers. I know it doesn't work like this but it doesn't seem fair to have to deal with that on top of all this.

Back to the cancer... re hair regrowth, i now get a lather from the shampoo with the 1/8 of an inch hair cover i now have on my scalp! I also had to pluck (!) two dark hairs from my chin the other night! Scars healing well. Exercises going well. Loving what the physio is doing with the cording. Re hormone therapy, i got it wrong on how long i'll be on letrozole. It's five years followed by five years on tamoxifen. Bone density scan results from before Christmas good. All that tennis, running and cycling paid off in the end. x
jhbee

Hi Richelle,

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time with the hot flushes - I've been hoping someone could suggest a good remedy for the flushes as I'm getting v interrupted sleep too! (last tax was on Dec 31st) I'm due to see the oncologist on Friday so will ask but not that hopeful judging by everyone elses experiences! (Mine is oestrogen positive so Tamoxifen is a definite I think). 

I'm looking forward to the chemo side effects waning - my scalp has flared up with something like dermatitis - yuk! Have been cold capping but tax 2,3, and 4 it has shed like crazy so have had it cut short and wearing hats to cover balding on top. Eyebrows v faint too. Has anyone started to notice any hair coming back yet?

Carole, hope your soreness from the Herceptin improves, Debs and Bibi good luck with last chemos. Brave, hope healing is going well, Hope everyone else is doing ok.Jxx

Richelle

Hi ladies hope you all had a lovely Xmas and new year, Sarah glad the first rad went well, Brave happy to hear you are recovering well from your op, Bibi good luck with the final two. I have had 15 rads now 5 left to go a little bit red but much better than the chemo, still waiting for my portacath to come out, I  have decided not to take tamoxifen as can't cope with the hot flushes as it is! The oncologist  said it was up to me as negative for oestrogen and HER2 but a little bit positive for progesterone not sure if it's the right thing but I'm worried about quality of life as not sleeping now X 

Sarahd-1

Hi Ladies Thank you for your wishes I have done the first one 14 to go 🙂 Debs good luck for weds. Brave how are you doing? Carole how are you after Rads? Bibi you are on the home straight for finishing wont be long now. Tania and Richelle how are you getting on? I am feeling a bit stiff after first Rads but just being in the same position for what felt like ages but it wasnt that long. But after chemo its much better I hope I continue to say that as time goes on. I should be starting the Tamoxifen as well Bibi and I am not looking forward to it either. Big hugs ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bibi44

Brave Glad to hear you are getting better & the letrazole has been ok so far. TBH the tamoxifen scares me the most. I have a 10 year stretch too & that's a very very long time if the SEs are bad. I have read some worrying things, but everyone I have met in the flesh hasn't had an issue, so let's hope we're all the same. I'm getting same dose today, but 20% reduction for last two. Sarah hope it goes/went well x
bravescholar

That must be very frustrating, Debs. Good luck whatever the outcome next Wednesday.

Bibi, good luck with the neuropathy. They reduced the dose of my last two chemo sessions. I still have the neuropathy in my right foot; I can't deny it is very annoying.

Sarah, good luck for Monday.

My recovery from the op is going well. I'm more mobile than I thought I'd be at this stage but I still tire easily; I often sleep til past 10am and I spend a lot of time resting on the sofa. I met the breast surgeon again today and I've not to see him again for three months. So great news on that front. I've started taking letrozole (no obvious side effects yet) and the next step is rads. That should start in February assuming the physio and scar healing goes well. I've had seromas drained three times this week; in the underarm/breast area twice and once in the abdomen. Other than that, things ok on the whole. Reconstruction looking good!

Hugs to all xxx

Bibi44

Oh dear, talk about keep you dangling! Enjoy your weekend of feeling a bit better. x

Debs30

Thank you Bibi

mri results had not been sent to my oncologist so my chemo was cancelled. I find out Wednesday whether I have more chemo or an op when I see my surgeon...hey ho xxxxx

Debs

Bibi44

Fingers crossed for you today Debs.  Carole/Jen I asked about SE on IV Herceptin & they are the same as the injection, they just prefer the quicker version to process people more quickly.  Good weekend all. xx

carolec

Jenjen will try your tip with the ice pack - thank you for that.  I'm having 9th herceptin on the 22nd and didn't notice any problems while I was on chemo and they are not really problems in the whole scheme of things!  I'm sure you will be fine with the Paclitaxol if you were ok with the EC.  I had 12 weekly Paclitaxol and was told that the weeklies are much easier on the body and you don't get as many SE's.  Of course there's the dreaded neuropathy but mine is easing off now and you won't necessarily get it especially if you're going to take supplements.  One of the girls on here mentioned the supplement to take while on the taxol - it may have been Bibi.

Debs hope your MRI results were good.  Sarah good luck for Monday and Shelleyjenks hope your rads are going well.  Jhbee, Lisa's and brave hope all well with you and everyone else on here xxx

JenJen

Hi Bibi x hope OK and ot eases off or they can reduce dose slightly .I have my first next Tuesday also first herceptin im all nervous again like before first one as have to go to the main hospital for first 4 weeks and that place just stresses me out. But I only have 12 weeks left I just keep telling myself that.

Lots of american ladies take something (cant remember what) thats supposed to reduce neuropathy risk I was going to ask Onco but as done so well on EC wont be seeing him till just before week 6 of Paclitaxel so god knows what I will do if I dont get along with it as well as you have

Hope all goes well when u see doc

Love to all
Jen x
Sarahd-1

Hi Ladies Happy New Year. Hope you are all ok. I havent been on here for a while. I have been very busy. Friends and family visiting and trying to sort things out for when the sale of the house goes through. I hope you all had a lovely christmas. I am still getting a few side effects from chemo. Heavy legs and hot flushes! I start rads on Monday I have been tattooed which wasnt too bad. lots of love to you all and of course big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bibi44

Hi all

Brave Forgot to say, good luck for today. 

Hi Jen hope you're feeling ok in the Paclitaxel. I have numb fingers after no.9, so need to see the onc before no.10. Fortunately she's back from hols this week

Carole I'm having Herceptin tomorrow & will ask if there are any other SE.

xx

JenJen

No your not being a baby if its annoying you then maybe ask about IV or if they can inject bit slower , I havent started yet on herceptin have firsr on 12th Jan I had read about redness etc a friend suggested putting a cold pack on it when I got home see if it reduces any inflamation , if you think about it when you get a flu jab your arm can hurt for days and you dont get a flu jab every 6 weeks xx
bravescholar

We're anything but babies; we've all had to be braver than most folk will ever have to be! Hang on in there ladies!xx
carolec

Thanks Jenjen - yes they do switch sides each time and prob just me being a baby. I'm not sure I fancy through vein tbh especially if more SEs xxx

JenJen

Carol from what I have been told via IV is not as nice SE wise even though same drug and dosage. They should switch thighs each infusion too
carolec

Hi everyone hope you're all feeling ok. Debs sorry to hear you've had a bad time on the docetaxol and hopefully you'll be finished soon. Good luck with your MRI results. Shellyjenks hope rads were ok and brave hope you're recovering well after your op. Sarah have you started rads yet? Lisa's both you're both ok and everyone else. Bibi not long till your last chemo yay! I'm still having the herceptin injections in thigh every 3 weeks - is it me being s baby or is anyone else left with big red patch and sore on injection site. Does anyone have herceptin through vein as I was thinking of giving it a go xxx

Bibi44

Debs You really have had a torrid time on the tax, like Lisalou.  I do sympathise because FEC was like that for me. I don't think I would have survived 6 FEC.  I guess you will still have had 6 cycles even if they stop it now & it would save you 6 more weeks of hell. On the other hand, we all want to err on the side of caution, so I suppose you will have that to hold onto if they decide in favour of more chemo. Keep strong m'dear & fingers crossed that you get the outcome you want when you get the MRI results. xx

Debs30

Thankyou Bibi

Had MRI today and depending on the results I may have chemo on Friday or I will be having an op soon. I still have absolutely no energy , this docetaxel has been really hard going 😞 .

Love to you all xxxxxx

Debs

Shellyjenks

Thanks Bibi, 1st rad tomorrow, feeling nervous and got a cold again. How's your treatment going? Xx
Bibi44

Happy New Year all. Hope you are all over the last set of SE now & that the ladies on rads are not too frazzled. ShellyJ & Sarahhd good luck for your first rads. And finally, not forgetting you Debs . . . I think you have your penultimate chemo coming up. Hope you have been better this week & good luck for the next. xx

Lisalouw

Hi ladies , just want to say happy new year to everyone and hope you all had a as good as possible Xmas , side effects permitting , I'm now waiting on my lymph node clearance then depending on results whether I have radio or not , liver function abit dodgy at mo so that needs checking out , I've forgot how tiring running a home is and looking after my 6 yr old , phew I'm asleep before him ha ha , I keep going home for a day then back to my mums for a rest , love to everyone and thoughts are with anyone suffering with the chemo xxx
jhbee

I agree Brave!

Hope all is going well with your healing and that the op was less difficult than expected.

Jx

bravescholar

Great to get it done with before the year end!
jhbee

Hello all,

My last scheduled Tax today (I got the option of the 24th or 31st Dec!).

Bloods ok (just!) now waiting for chemo at 2pm.

Wanted to wish you all a Happy and Healthier New Year,

Jxx

Richelle

Hi ladies hope everyone is ok!

As the New Year dawns, I hope it is filled with the promises of a brighter,  healthier and happier tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Love to you all Richelle xx

bravescholar

Hi all. Yes, a Happy New Year for tomorrow to everyone too. Re letrozole, the oncologist said I'd to start as soon as I was up and about after my op. She warned me about the bone/joint pain that some women get and said exercise helps so it was best not to be sofa-bound when you start. I got the first two months' supply from the chemist a couple off weeks ago and I guess I'm up and about. I think Jan 1 is a good day to start so that I can have a big celebration on New Year's Eve in 10 years' time when I finally stop taking the damn things! xxx

carolec

Hi all I had my last rads yesterday so having a lie in - it's nice not to have to get up early and make that journey to hospital every day - glad you're doing ok on the rads Tania.  Has anyone started on tamoxifen/letrozole yet?  I know some treatment plans are different and some start straight after chemo and others after rads.  Good luck to those of us who are starting rads soon and still on the chemo and hope you all have a Happy New Year xxxx

Tania786

Hi all, hope you all had a good Christmas!

I've had my 4th Radiotherapy session today. They are not bad but I do feel tired from the travelling. I will have a few days break after tomorrow's session.

Best of luck for anyone who still doing chemo! Xxx
Bibi44

Really pleased you're done now LisaJ & hope the last dose of SEs have not stopped you enjoying Christmas.  Carole glad you're nearly there too.  x

carolec

Hope everyone is ok - debs sorry to hear that you're not doing too well on the T - what did your oncologist say and will they reduce it or change you to the weeklies as they are much more manageable.  Lisa glad to hear you've had your last chemo and Brave hope you're well on the way to recovery and enjoying Christmas at home.  Hope everyone else is ok - I've been to the sales today and now feeling worn out.  I have one fairly red boob and I'm plastering it with E45 cream but so far so good - no 16 out of 18 on Monday so nearly there! Xxx

Shellyjenks

Happy Christmas to you all, love Shelly xxx
Hope you are all doing well. Has last chemo 11.12.15. Feeling okish now, been feeling nauseous on this last one though xx
bravescholar

Lisajane, congrats on finishing chemo and enjoy your few days in Edinburgh. I'm from Glasgow and even I can't deny what a beautiful city Edinburgh is! I came home from hospital today. Lovely to be home. Arm and shoulder exercises going well but still can't straighten up fully cos of tight abdominal scar. Feel like an old lady. Happy Christmas all! xx
lisajane7878

Hi ladies. Well that's me finished for chemo. Last one yesterday so fingers crossed I'm as well this time as the last T as its my tenth wedding anniversary and we are going away for a few days to Edinburgh. Hope you all have a great Christmas and side effects don't affect your days too much 🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼
Bibi44

Debs so pleased you are coming out of the nightmare & sorry the reduced dose didn't help you much.  Very frustrating not to see more progress too, given what you're going through, I'm sure. My last one is the 25 th Jan, so I'll be with you 99% of the way. I hope it goes well at the hospital & that you are well enough to enjoy Christmas. 

Brave hope you are continuing to improve. x

Debs30

Hi Ladies

Just coming out of the awful side effects of my second T. This T does not agree with me at all. Give me the Fec any day. I had an ultrasound yesterday and the tumor dosnt seem to have altered in size much on the T either which when you have felt so ill , is really disappointing . I am seeing my oncologist tomorrow so will see what he says .

My last T will be the 29th January so will be behind all of you . Then an op before radiotherapy .

I am following you all and send you all my love. I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas , xxxxxxx

Debs

carolec

Rads are fine thanks Sarah - if it wasn't for the deep breath hold it would be a doddle - maybe I should take up deep sea diving me t! Lisa hope your repeat blood test is ok - don't know what it is with teeth but I found out last week have infection in gum above old crown that had started to eat into the bone! Now on antibiotics and need a new crown in the new year! Hope everyone having a good day - brave hope everything going well xxx

Sarahd-1

Sorry Carole how are you doing with Rads I will be asking you for advice very soon if thats ok. My brain still hasnt gone back to normal yet still very forgetful xxxx
Sarahd-1

HI Ladies. Brave good to hear you are up and around. You will be dancing by New years eve 🙂 Carole I have planning on the 30th of Dec and then Rads start on the 11th of Jan. i have come through the other side of this chemo now apart from the odd twinge and food nearly tasting normal again. Debs how are you doing? I went to Asda to do food shopping today for christmas had a very long Hot flush in there whilst packing the shopiing into bags. I had to get the cashier to carry on packing for me! I must have looked very strange 🙂 I hope all is ok with your blood tests Lisa and you can get to enjoy christmas. I hope we all get to enjoy christmas as we so deserve to big christmassy hugs ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisalouw

Hi ladies , glad your op went well brave and now it's over with , hope the drains come out soon , it's the drains I hated more , hope you not too sore , how's the scar on your tummy ?
Well done bibi with the cold cap you must have been so cold , I've had to wait for pharmacy before and it's not a quick process
I'm on day 19 after chemo , feeling more human at mo just tired , had problems with my sinuses and now my tooth , went to dentist yest whom put temp cover on but they built the tooth up that much I'm now just chewing on that one tooth which is causing me pain , so I'm going to ring them back , also had my bloods done at my doctors just for peace of mind really with Xmas coming up re my white blood cells and then got a phone call saying I need to go back for a repeat as my liver function up , I wish if left it now so I won't worry , I've turned into a paranoid constant worrier , is there a tablet for that you think I could take ha ha , love to everyone , debs how you going on your 2nd T , if you anything like me you will be still in bed, it is truly awful , fingers crossed it's doing it's job xxx
bravescholar

Two drains out, two still in. Catheter staying in til morning. Not mobile enough yet for it to come.out. Got out of bed ok and sat in chair for couple of hours but needed helped getting back in. Feeling ok though. xx
carolec

Sarah how are you doing and when do you start your rads?  Bibi glad to hear the cold cap is still working and you're almost three quarters of the way there.  Brave - brilliant that the op went well and hope that you're almost drain free - that was quick and up already!  Hope you're out of there before Christmas.  Richelle glad to hear all going well with rads and good luck Tania for the 23rd xxx

Bibi44

Fine thanks Sarah. Number 7 of 12 done this morning. Hope u r still feeling ok m'dear.

Brave great that you feel ok-ish so soon after the op. Hope u continue to improve.  Did they manage to conserve the nipple? I think you said they might be able to.

I could have done with your catheter this morning. . . We had our cold caps on & pharmacy was refusing to release our chemo because our consultant's away.  Weirdly they did when I said she has arranged for the nurses to confirm chemo (she just hadn't written it in the notes).  Anyway after extra time in Siberia, I was fit to burst & very nearly did when I stood up eek! 

Hope you get out for Friday

xxx

Sarahd-1

Hi Everyone. Brave you sound like you are doing well. Im sure your glad its over with. Hope today goes well. Good luck Tania for Rads. Carole and RIchelle I hope you get to finish antibiotics before Christmas. Lisas and Bibi how are you doing? bIg massive christmas hugs to you all xxxxxxx
JenJen

Hi Brave x glad you are not in much pain and surgeon happy with the result x rest up 🙂 hugs xx
bravescholar

Hi everyone. Day 2 after op. Plastic surgeon declared my reconstructed boob "perfect" but omg that hip to hip scar is something else. Busy day ahead. Two drains to come out this mornung and the catheter to come out tonight. Pain totally under control... as long as i don't move in a way that disturbs the scar. I envisage a lot of sweat and tears today.but it has to be done. Hugs to all.x
Bibi44

Tania Good luck for Rads on Weds. xx