cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo aound end of May?

815 REPLIES 815
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone starting chemo aound end of May?

Hi Christina,

Hope youre ok, just to let you know that this is the thread everyones seems to be on more now...#
friends needed- diagnoised early may

Look forward to seeing you on there

Love Sally xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,everyone nice move Sally ,so nice to know that everyone is doing well and looking forward to a very different summer ,not like last one ....Christina

hollymeg

Hi everyone, just on the scrounge, have you finished with breast cancer books, scalves, wigs, hats etc?

Smallstar, from this site is opening her cancer centre very soon and would be very greatful for anything you can donate.

Anything you can donate will go to helping others effected by cancer. If you would like to donate something just PM me and i will give you details

You can also PM me if you would like to sponsor me for the skydive i am also doing for her cancer centre.

Lots of people are going to benifit from her center and she needs our help

Thank you, luv Pauline xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello All

just sat here wandering what everyone is doing now, I finshed Rads at the end of November and had a great holiday over xmas. I am now back at work have been back 3 weeks only working a feew hours a day to get me back into it. its nice to get back to normal. I have been taking Arimidex for 6 months the only se i have is very itchy skin but i have more tabs to get that under control and they sort of work.

I am doing to race for life in Lincoln in May roped in a few others as well so if any of you are anywhere near let me know love to meet up.Take care all

hollymeg

Hi sally and debbie, lovely to hear from you both. Glad you agree this thread is worth reviving. Next reunion is looking like october so get saving them pennies. I went for a 'trim' today. my hair actually looks like i chose o cut it short now. I dyed mine 3 months to the day from last chemo. used a semi permanent and it covered all the grey, infact my own hair is growing same colour now and doesnt even need doing again at the min, amazing i know.

I'm sure some of the other gerties will be along here soon

Luv to u both, pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Sally, nice to hear from you again. I feel the same as you and I wander through other threads posting if I think I can help! I am doing fine - am now 6 months post chemo so have my dyed brown hair back. Its getting really thick again but is just soooo curly. I have stopped fighting the curls and gel it solid LOL - feel awful if I moan about it cos at least I have some now - will never forget those completely bald months, having wig malfunctions in Tesco's and so on ! I too am having trouble shifting the extra weight as it seems a lot of ladies are - keep trying to get back into swimming but the weather is so cold and miserable, by the time I get home from work its hard to get motivated! I will keep an eye on this thread. Keep well, lots of love Debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

HI

Im all for reviving this thread as i seem to have lost touch with everyone and quiet often sit here and wonder how everyone is getting on but cant seem to find you all.

Im doing fine lots of hair but still very grey... my birthdays in may so im gonna dye it then. still occasionaly get abit tired. Trying to loose some of the weight i gained but finding it hard.

How are you all doing, im so sad i missed the cp visit would have loved to have gone... whens the next one so i can save for it as im on Income support..

Think of you all often

love Sally xxx

hollymeg

well just found our old thread sat all lonley at the bottom of my list, what a shame it came to an end. I was just lookin at the first page and we were talkin about startin chemo.......what a long way we have all come girls, who would have thought we would have met up and had such a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets keep this one alive girls, if the stormraiders can do 300+ pages i'm sure we can girls.

I'm looking at going back to work after easter...... just need to get these scans out of the way and get the results then i can move on like all you gerties

Lets revive this thread girties, luv u all pauline xxx

hollymeg

hi lulu, just wanted to drop in and say hello. i am waiting for a phone call to tell me when i am going for planning. i am hoping most of my rads will be in november and done for december, i am having 25 too. Had appointment this morning to meet with plastic surgeon in jan so thats another step forward, wouldn't have that though if i hadn't rang and asked for one. Seems they wait for you to tell them when your ready.

Julie, hope your having a good weekend. make sure you have a drink for me, as i cant taste it yet. Not long till you start rads now is it?

Have a good weekend everyone, luv Pauline xxx

Lulu34

maybe we are just so used to the chemo now LOL.

iv only got two more left so will be finished at the end of nov but not sure when my rads will be starting or how many ill be getting but they mentioned 25 which is same amount as i had last time.

Lxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all
well done marion on raising all that money , you should feel proud of yourself

pauline yes i agree that people are moving on, and yes i will pro post more on rads thread once i start, wish you were coming bread, as we could have made up for the drinks you missed at butlins
julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Marion- seems like we are going along together.I hope to start rads end of oct but still haven't heard anything. Feeling really good at the moment so not keen to go backwards again. Hopefully all will be ok.Did 7 mile walk last sun in aid of BC and have raised over £1000 with help from friends.Amazed that I did it with no aches and pains afterwards! Am taking my first Arimidex tonight so fingers crossed eh.
Hope you have a great time in Spain- you deserve to.

Well done to everyone who has finished chemo.It's a strange feeling isn't it?
Love to all
Annie x

hollymeg

Thanks sally, we are all coming to the end of the road now, never thought we would get there.

Marian, hope you have a nice time in spain, just what the doctor ordered before rads i think. A trip abroard should be provided free on the NHS after our treatment is done don't you

Julie, Some of the threads seem to be going quiet for us don't they, mind you it will be quiet, rach is in hosp. Only kiddin bless her. I think as we are all coming to the end of chemo maybe people are just taking stock and will eventually turn to the rads threads, know i will be there. Julie Brean sands with your family will be just as good and is just what you need. I wish i was going away. Have fun

Luv Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hello all

marion glad you are feeling better and my fingers are abit numb finished chemo 2 weeks ago, i too have been very down , but do feel i am picking up, have a lovely time in spain how lovely, i m off to brean sands nxt week not quite so glamorous but looking forwards to it anyway
lisa glad you are coping so well,

weres everyone gone julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all

Not been on for a while. I Had my last chemo 5 weeks ago and am feeling a lot better. I had a couple of week were i felt very weepy and hated being on my own. I have had my rads planning and am due to start at the end of oct. So am going for a holiday at the weekend to Spain Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee. Time to feel normal again.

Annie, I started Arimidex 4 weeks ago amd am fine. Only thing i have s finger end are a bit numb but not sure if thats the last of the se's form chemo.

Good luck to all haing chemo this week

Love Marion xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Paauline

Congratulations on your last chemo ...yipeee well done

Both Lisa,Julie and I are already on a thread on rads its called cooking in september/october nad have already got some useful hints. join us on there if you want

Sally xx

hollymeg

come on lisa or sally, you were first to start rads from our lot. start us a new thread for rads in oct, leave the name to u, then u can let us know on there how u are going, hope to be joining u in a few weeks time.

Luv Pauline xxx

lisa_lisa

Hi Ladies not managed to read all posts yet just to let yu know 8 down 7 left so far a walk in the park !!!!!!!!Off now for raki and just booked the birmingham resedential forum for young women Life after BC hayyyyyy...
Lisa x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi annie
think alot of people post on the tax thread, i am waiting for my appointment for rads, onc said about 3 weeks , but havent had letter yet, 7 weeks is along time, there is a rads thread cooking in sep/oct which some ladies have joined, with some good tips, but dont now if anouther one will be started,
julie m x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All- where is everyone? I know lots of you post on other threads.
Has a new one started up for those of us starting rads?
I am waiting to start rads. I rang the hospital yesterday and they said there is a 7 week gap between ending chemo and staring rads! That means it will be near the end of Oct. What a pain-I just want to get it over with and get on with my life.
Not looking forward to starting on Arimidex as what I have read on here is quite worrying. I know we all react differently to drugs but I have been very lucky with SE from chemo, I just think it might not continue!Have got thr precription but not got the pills yet- putting it off.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing ok as we all come to the end of this horrid journey.

I am doing The Henley and Marlow Stride, in aid of Cancer Research, on Sunday. Haven't walked 6 miles for ages so hope I get there!We have a team entering from work- they have all been amazing over the last few months- I couldn'd have got here without them.

love to you all Annie x

hollymeg

Just a quick one from me ladies, not much to report at min

sally and julie, hope your both coping ok, i know se are not nice but you two will soon be coming out the other side. hang in ther girls.

Lisa nice to see you back on here, hope that means your feeling better about things.

Take care everyone, luv Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

well just managed to hawl my sorry a*se of the sofa, yesterday i was just soooooooooo tired am still today but trying to do a bit more. the pains havent been so bad but the yucky mouth etc is well and truely in, finding hard to eat not cos it hurts but because the taste and textures are so off, sick of bl**dy chicken noodle soup, i feel as though i need some solids, so have just had a bowl of warm pasta with fresh fruit salad mixed in and it was lovely.

trying to pull myself together now as the chemo is over, but just havent got the energy yet.im trying to think its a case of mind over matter but its not working lol

went for my rads planning appoitment on monday and felt like i was on a torture rack, took nearlly an hour and after having chemo friday i cod have done without it, but im all set to startnext wednesday, no break or anything.

hope your ok Julie, well done your finished now..... once se have gone then you cna celebrate too...

hope everyone else is doing ok im sorry ive completely lost track of whos doing what, i have trouble remembering my own name at times now lol

love to all

Sally xxx

Lulu34

julie glad you enjoyed coldplay... im not jealous... honest LOL ;o)

it must be nice for you knowing you have come to the end of the chemo and will be even better over the coming weeks knowing you arent getting any more.... woo hoo!

the rest of us will catch up with you and sally at some point.

Lxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all
thanks for your comment, had last one yesterday, have mixed feeling feel abit elated that it is done, but not looking forwards to se, onc said i should get a appointment in about there weeks to talk about rads, sure it will soon go,
good luck to all who are up and coming with last chemo or nearly there

pauline yes i can remember us talking about having op and seromas, how far we have come

sally hope ypu are ok on day 3, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee tell me you are,
hugs to all julie m

only1chris

Well done Julie and Sally! Hope you pick up quicly from this and no more chemo to face wonderful...

Guest user
Not applicable

Julie well done ....i am so glad we all coming to that LAST day soon....xxxxChristina

lisa_lisa

Julie M last one !!!!well done you did it ....
RADS no probs so far had three no se !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy feeling normal (as normal as we can )
Lisa xxxx
It will be you soon Pauline ...
Good Luck everyone else coming to the end of treatment
See you on the rads page lol
Lisa

hollymeg

julie glad you had a great tome on sat, lucky you. Hope all goes well today for you. Last one, congratulations, you did it!!!!! Doesn't seem 2 mins since we were talking about the first one does it. take care

Luv Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all
had a fantastic day saturday, felt abit more normal, no kids tagging alone(i do love themk to bits)
white lie were great, girls aloud were great, jayz not my cup of tea, but really got the crowd going
COLDPLAY FAB
got my last treatment of tax today, fell glad that it will be over, not looking forwards to se but ha ho hopefully will be kind to me got frozen water and jelly at the ready
take care julie m x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Sally on finishing chemo. It is a great feeling even though you are still waiting for the SE.That's another one of us done and dusted.

I am in Scotland for the week. First time in the highlands. We are staying with friends who are showing us around.It is a beautiful place to be and so lovely to be on holiday.Want to stay here for ever!

Hope everyone is feeling ok

Love Annie x

Guest user
Not applicable

hello
well done sally on last one, no what you mean about not celabrating until se are out of the way,i have a nice bottle of wine on hold
jayney shall give you a wave at coldplay,
enjoy the weekend all julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi everyone

thats me done with chemo, not celebrating til im over se. hopefully be ok and this time next week i'l be back in land of living. my se didnt start til the sunday so gonna make most of tomorrow. just feel very tired but thats cos ididnt sleep last night, guess who forgot to take second lot of steriods til 5 yesterday ooops.

Jayney hope you are ok and you and Julie enjoy coldplay tomorrow, and julie last one on monday for you.... yipee how good does it feel to say that hey.

im not starting herceptin until after rads and ive seen cardiologist but it shouldnt stop the herceptin thank goodness.

love to all

Sally xxx

hollymeg

Janey and julie, hope you both have a great time at your concert, luck things. Julie stick the wig on well.(i have pm you this morning)
Sally hope all goes well with your LAST TAX today, OMG how brillent to even be able to say that!!! well done you. Same for you julie on monday, go girls!!! first two over the finishing line!!!!

Debs, (i pm you too this morning) hope your feeling much better and are able to enjoy the sun this weekend. Get your wellies on, i will have work for you soon .

Luv to you all, have a good weekend, whatever your doing, Pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

morning all
lulu, i think you and me have the same taste in bands, we are parking out side london and getting the tube in.
going food shopping again,as swamp juice monday, so will be back to doing online next week
julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi debs

glad you enjoyed it, i went on there web site to find my nearest one and its either Manchester or cardiff so have nt been able to get to one as they are too far away. feel abit miffed as everyne who been on them have said they are realy good and had fab goodie bag...oh well just have to keep looking like a clown i suppose LOL

how are you faring with the se now

Sally xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning girls, hope everyone is well??
Did the look good feel great workshop yesterday really good fun and a great goodie bag! would recommend you get on one if not done it yet! I was the only one sitting there with a bald head so got lots of help and sympathy from the beauticians!!
Only taken me 49 years to have full make up on!

love debs xxxxx

Lulu34

oh Julie and Jayney im dead jealous again... the closed concert to me is in glasgow but i know id just be too tired having to drive to get there.... can take 2 hours just to get out the car park at some gigs!

just typical though that all my fave bands are doing tours this year.

im waiting for blood results for chemo on thursday... it will be my first CMF... which is meant to be a bit better than epi with fewer side effects for most people so im hoping im in the majority too.

and im off to the lakes caravaning for the weekend with OH, kids, ma and pa and my sis and B.I.L. so hope its a good trip down... have been told i can get more antiemetics so i dont feel bad travelling.

hope everybody is doing ok.

Love Lulu xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi jayney, the gig will be great and you should be fine ,just dose up
have you got to travel far im in leicester,we will park at stanmore and get the tube in,think i will have a few drinks ,
julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Julie

I am off also to see Coldplay on Saturday at Wembley - can't wait, but have had my first TAX today so apparently the muscle aches and pains will be start to kick in on Friday - groan! Will dose myself up on paracetemol and keep everything crossed that I will be able to go. Don't want to miss it.

Hope you enjoy

love

Jayney
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Annie i love PROMS never been to one always wanted to and i hope i will one day....

Guest user
Not applicable

GOOD MORNING ALL
annie you are not pathetic,and allowed to get annoyed,i quite often feel annouyed as i still feel tierd from last chemo and other people are having a great time, but we will get there,
lulu i am going to see coldplay + girls aloud nxt saturday so one thing came out of my chemo being moved to mon 21st, hope i feel less tierd as it will be a long day
pauline, glad you managed a good days shopping, i agree with you about not just eating for the sake of it ,as long as you do have something.
sue, what a good feeling it must be to have had your last chemo, mine a week today and in a funny way yes i am looking forwards to it even though i know i wont be able to taste foe a feww weeks after, i am sure i will make up for it
debs sorry you are not to good,sorry anyone whos names i havent mentioned take care to all julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Yesterday I was in Hyde Park for Last night of the Proms and started off singing along,waving my flag and jigging about. It was all great fun,as always,but then I had to sit down because I came over all tired and pathetic.I was really upset that I couldn't join in and have as much fun as everyone else.It brought home to me how things have changed since I was there last year aand what a b****r this disease is.I think I have done really well not letting this BC take over my life but last night showed me that is really in charge and not me!It was a shock and I was really envious of all those other people who were having such fun and not knowing how lucky they are.Pathetic really eh.

Glad everyone seems to be doing ok and getting to the end of chemo. Waiting to hear when I start rads, hope it's the beginning of Oct.

Love Annie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Pauline,
When I went to onc last time he said that it is up to me to organise my transfer of care from London to here!! I think its awful, he could easily write a letter saying I had just moved to this area etc. but he wont!!
Ill definitely use tonight to good advantage, achey bones or not I dont care!! Unlike rachel I dont have a new toy to play with.... HaHaHa
Hope you are not feeling too bad
Love n hugs
xxmumszyxx

hollymeg

mumszy, glad you get your man back this week, even if its only for a day or two, hope your up to making the most of it!!!!! good luck with chemo nu 5, can't believe we are all coming to the end at the same time. Wonder if lisa has set up the new rads thread yet?
Have a good weekend if u can, luv pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening All,
I went to the breast Cancer haven last week, and had a session of Ti Chi in the afternoon.... Well, thought I was gna explode from keeping in the giggles...Everyone was so deadly serious!! Can they really believe in this stuff or are they just having a laugh??
My man is back tomorrow as we have a 'do' to go to in the evening, then he's back to Brighton on Monday, im going with him then up to London for Chemo Numba 5.. ( sounds like a posh perfume doesnt it) Got terrible achey bones, specially my hips and my hands, hope these sre just chemo side effects and that they will go away when ive done.
Well bath time treat for me now, this week alone has gone really quickly!!
xxmumszyxx

Lulu34

Sally do you always get your BP checked? is it just that type of chemo that caused hypertension? cos iv not had mine checked since i was in hospital after surgery.

like your new pic Pauline

sue enjoy your special wine.

Love Lxx

Guest user
Not applicable

pauline,just to say your wig looks fab,i thought it was someone new lol xxxx

hollymeg

hi ladies, fancied a change of picture, hope you like it. Felt ok but feeling a bit sick now so here goes.

Debs, rachel, krisid, hope your all doing ok after your swamp juice and not suffering too much

Sally, hope the blood pressure is behaving its self

julie, hope your over yours now, last one coming up now, bet you cant wait

Sue, congratulations on reaching the end, hope you are well enough to celebrate this weekend.

Scottishlass, Brave lady, i would rather have chemo or give birth than go to the dentist. Hope you get sorted soon

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, love pauline xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

oh my god! It's over! Yesterday had my last of 6 FEC. I had worked myself up over having to go back knowing I would feel yucky over this weekend but it was ok. I hugged the nurse when she had finished and the oncologist said to get on with my life now. I don't have to have rads as mx was comprehensive. I will start tamoxifen but will give myself a month to recover from this last chemo. Am expecting se's to be different, more menopausal (I'm 48) hot flushes etc but have had a couple of those since my periods have stopped after the 2nd FEC! I came home yesterday with wonderful hubby who has taken time off work to read his newspaper at every appointment! to find a delivery of pink roses from my friend - lovely. Have just forced myself out of bed to take young son to play at the skate park but he's 13 so he can stay by himself. My 18 next month daughter has gone to work so I can be lazy for the whole day - yippee Can't wait to open my special bottle of Cloudy Bay sauvignon blanc - have saved it till I've finished so I can really relish the taste!

Loads of luck to all coming to the end of this part of the bc journey, we are all amazing.

Sue x

hollymeg

just a quick one to let you know after chemo yesterday, i have had a lovely day shopping in the sunshine today. Just waiting for the bus to hit maybe tomorrow.

julie, taste is already on the way out, going to try not to eat just for the ske of it. Might even loose a bit of weight in the prossess.

Sally sorry to hear about the blood pressure. its one thing after another. Last one on friday, how good is that?

Debs, take care, i know the chemo bus picked you up this evening. Hope the bath has helped. take care, we are all nearly there now. will probbly see you on the bus tomorrow then

everyone have a good weekend, take care luv pauline xxx