Anyone starting chemo aound end of May?

Im due to start FEC end of May and Im petrified! Would love to have a “buddie” as I live on my own and am in the middle of house selling and Divorce!! Now THIS had to happen! I have days when I just cry (like yesterday) and others when I wonder what on earth Im doing still in bed and not at work!! I worked full time as a sister in a Neonatal Unit so sadly I do understand some of the stuff i wish I didnt!! I have Grade 2 68mm Invasive ductal Ca + 39mm intermediate grade DCIS ER8/PR8 HER2-neg. Is there anyone out there with similar situation please, Im pretty frightened…

Hello,
I hope someone else who’s about to start FEC comes along to talk to you soon but I wanted to reply so you don’t feel alone. I had 6 FEC Oct-January. I started off being on my own the days after I had the injections but after the first two I really felt I needed someone to stay with me to give me support, so if you can think of any friends/family who can come to stay for a couple of nights each time I would ask them.

Some people are not sick on FEC, I was sone of the unlucky ones who were very sick, and the first 2 times I relied on the out of hours GP service and then A and E - not to be recommended and I discovered that the district nurses can come out and administer antisickness injections, so if you are sick I would contact them and ask for their help.

It is understandable that you are frightened, I can’t really say “don’t be” as it is so individual how people react phsically to FEC, but you may not be too ill - I know some people who have worked between cycles, though I couldn’t have, but I got through it and now have a fine head of hair again!

All good wishes,
Starflower xx

Hi mumszy, i just posted to you else where. I will find out on thursday but i am expecting cemo etc. I am always on here so feel free to chat anytime. we may not end up on same drugs but we are on the same cr.p journey so may as well go together. I’ll get the tickets you get the sweets…

Luv Pauline xxx

Ive posted elsewhere too but like you i am expecting chemo in a few weeks. I have two babies and i was due back to work on 1st june following mat leave.
all of this has left me breathless!
I admit i am scared but i feel so much stronger than i did at diagnosis. Read read and read. Even if it scares you because knowledge takes away the fear of the unknown.

I have my appt to see onc on 9th June and expect to start chemo soon after that, like you I’m very scard and happy to compare notes!! I know you start soon but do keep posting everyone will support you as best we can, don’t feel alone!!
love debs xxx

Hi Mumszy
I have had 2 ops (first was sentinel node + 2cm tumour +1cm DCIS removed) and 2nd(clearer margins lymph node removal). Kept breast with 1node involved. I am similar to yourself as i was ER & PR+ 8/8 and HER2-. I am starting 3FEC and 3Tax in a week so we can do this journey together if you like. Yes its not the path i would have chosen, but hey lets just do each one as it comes and share tips!! Got my long dark hair chopped a couple of weeks ago and i am now a short blond bombshell(conceited or what)! Just finished my period this week and had a wee weep as realized it could be my last!! My other half said he just does’nt understand the female mind:- (you complain when you have them and you cry when they’re gone)??
Anyways chin up and lets march on.
Hugs xx

Thanks everyone for their help at least I know theres somepeople out there for me to talk with!!I dont feel quite so alone. I will find out today about when the chemo starts…

Pauline! I think Ill buy the sweets but we could all go and maybe have a banquet while we’re there!!

Evie2007, you poor thing what a deal with 2 small ones, the card dealer has a strange sense of humour… I am reading anything and everything and the consultant sends me all the letters which go to my GP so Im definitely not in the dark! Though I was told that having ER8/PR8 was good they didnt tell me why? Anyone know?

Rosieff- I have long blonde hair and am dithering whether to have it cut or not. Just the thought of short hair makes me cry, for me this is going to be the hardest part, mad isnt it? And Im not vain either its just Ive had long hair for about 30 years!!
So lovely to talk to others who understand!

I opened my GP letter and read the report too! Its my body after all!

Hope your appoinment went ok today mumszy-well as ok as it can huh?

Its bloody hard with two babies and i feel that is why i am so damn sore under my arm!

Hi Mumszy…I know the thought of chemo is really daunting…it was my worst nightmare when mine started 2 days before Christmas…but I’ve been quite lucky with my symptons and I hope you will be too…Chemo’s your friend and is there to help you…I know you’ll get fed up with people telling you to be strong and positive but it really does make a huge difference to how you’ll cope…The losing hair thing is scary…I had mines shaved off when it started coming out…but we all deal with it differently…more than 5 months down the line I’m now sporting the baby fuzz GI Jane look…you’ll get there hun…and believe me a sense of humour helps through it all…

Good luck to you

Linda xx

hi
i start the end of may,im also very worried but im ure we will be fine! i have a grade3 30mm tumour,well i dont now as i have had a mastectomy,hope all works out ok,
keep in touch xxx

Hi
I start chemo on Thurs 21st and just want to get it over with.I had 3 ops in 2 weeks and then problems with seromas and now cording.Last week I found out I have severe osteoporosis as well so that hasn’t helped how I feel about all of this!I am also a trained nurse and am back at work although I have cut my hours.I work in a care centre as a activity organiser now and all the clients are so kind and supportive. Also done the divorce thing but it must be really hard coping with BC too.From what I read it seems to be luck as to how you react to chemo so heres to us and lets hope it’s ok.I am going to try the cold cap, how about you?
Good luck as we go through this together x

Hello Daisy - I have my 2nd lot of chemo on Thursday (FEC) I tried the cold cap and found it quite bearable ! However, the last few days I have lost a lot of hair - so much so I have a wig appt booked for Friday week so I am not sure whether to wear the cap again this week - everyone is different so definitely give it a go. It can also depend on the type of chemo you have so fingers crossed for you - out of all the things going on I am finding the hair loss the most distressing - guess thats vanity for ya! Have been experimenting with a couple of scarves but I think I need some lessons - I either look like a terrorist or a gipsy - think I may have the wrong type ! Anyway good luck with it all, thinking of you xx

Hello All,
Hospital apointment was a big let down as I too have a seroma… So no chemo for me this week and I was geared up and ready to go too!!They didnt aspirate it and today I think it is bigger than yesterday so although I have another chemo apt for next week I dont know if they will do it or not. all this waiting without an end is horrid isnt it? Or maybe Im just impatient! I just want to get better, even more so as I had no idea I was ill in the first place!! (I put my increasing tiredness down to the fact that I was getting old! BC never entered my head, there is no family history of it). i was told I couldnt have the cold cap treatment so Im just trying to adjust to the fact that Im going to be a baldy, I agree with you Debonair, the no hair thing is the scariest!
Good luck Daisy I shall be thinking of you on Thursday.

Hi Mumsy
I felt at one stage that there was a tennis ball under my arm and went back to the hospital ward and told doc it was hindering my arm exercises, he drained it just the once (relief was amazing)and after a couple of weeks it was back to normal. Massaging with E45 really helped to take it down and now i have full range back.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what strenght of chemo you are having! It is proposed that I will get 3FEC 3TAX at 100 strenght. I have noticed that some women are getting 80 strenght and so on…any ideas on this one.
Plus told that you don’t get a local with pic line insertion and this is really putting me off…again anyone with experience on this one

Just bumping this up!

Thanks Rosieff, Im going to see the Dox on Friday re my lump, if I can put up with it that long!! I have to have IV each time we arnt even offered a pic line! All I can say is the babes dont seem to protest much when their lines are inserted after the inital puncture so hopefully it shouldnt be too bad. Just keep your chin up and keep marching…

Hi Mumsy
I found it easier doing my exercises lying down on the ground and supporting my arm with the other whilst taking it over my head really helping with not getting the cording. Must admit I took it a little easier whilst I had seroma but still kept it moving. Hope this helps. x

Hi Ladies just had third chemo session and to be fair by the second week I do forget how bad I felt chemo week so it cant be that bad Can it !!!
Ive gone for baker boy style caps if it helps fell less like a patient , this is a great place for advise and chats …
Keep your chin up Lisa X

Can anyone enlighten me as to what strenght of chemo you are having! It is proposed that I will get 3FEC 3TAX at 100 strenght. I have noticed that some women are getting 80 strenght and so on…any ideas on this one and why cos really dont fancy the full whack??.
Plus told that you don’t get a local with pic line insertion and this is really putting me off…again anyone with experience on this one! Help!!

Hi Mumszy,
Sorry to hear that you have a seroma.I had to have mine aspirated about 6 times and then I got this rotten cording.It’s a real pain but I am having physio and that helps.Yes,the waiting is awful,and,as you say,all we want to do is get better.Really hope you get to start your chemo next week.
The hair losing thing,as Debonair says,is one of the worse things about all of this.
Will let you know how I do. Keep smiling x