71628members
375801posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo around 20th november?

317 REPLIES 317
lavendersblue

Re: Anyone starting chemo around 20th november?

Hi Mandy ,

Like you I have just been through my first anniversary...of original dx and first op.

I had my first mammo since July 08 , last Tuesday....the radiographer was brilliant I have to say..very kind considerate and gentle . Trouble is I have to wait up to 4 weeks for the results she said , and they will come by post !!

I was dreading it as I have got Lymphoedema in my left breast , am going for my first assessment at the Lymphoedema clinic next Tuesday...seems everything happens on a Tuesday round here.

I am now on Arimidex for 5 years as my tumour was ER + but am having a few problems with that at the moment.

Your holiday to Oz sounds wonderful, hope it is brill for you. Glad to hear that you are enjoying life again....we have all travelled a hard road this last year...with so much muddy water under the proverbial bridge.

Hugs, Jill

mandy2310

Hi Ladies
Long time no speak... How are you all doing. Can't believe its a year this weekend since I found my lump! For that reason I thought Id see what everyone has been up to.

I havnt had my genetic test done as yet, I had the conversation, but I need someone to say, right we are going to do it today, leave me to make choices and it won't happen! Its probably not the right attitude, but for now, I'm just enjoying life again.

Got a check up on Weds and my first Mammo (since the dreaded last time) in November. Re booked my holiday to Oz - 5 weeks over Xmas and New Year.

How have you all been doing since?
Mandy xxx

lavendersblue

Thank you for the PM Blondebird , I have sent a reply...so fingers crossed it arrives..LOL

How long do the 6 month check ups last for ...do you know ? I never remember to ask these vital questions when I go !!

Vicky ...do hope you are keeping well and not had too many side effects to your skin from the rads.

Hugs to all,
Jill

BlondeBird

Flipping heck Jill, bet you may have used stronger language than that when your appointment was cancelled, not good at all.

I know how i feel sometimes with my boob still being a bit tender and little swollen but this is nothing to what it sounds like you are having to deal with. I really hope you get an appointment through soon. Glad to read the skin is healing well, mine is very much sorted now with no lasting effects by the look of it.

The onc said my check up in sept would be with surgeon as they share the workload by alternating the check ups so i will see onc again in Feb 2010 🙂

I hope you have a lovely weekend, look forward to hearing from you Vicky xx

P.S. Jill - i have sent you a private message hope it came through OK? Take care, hugs xx

lavendersblue

Wouldn't you know it Blondebird , the clinic rang me on the Monday to cancel my appointment and said they will send me a new one through the post . This one took 3 months , so I dread to think how long the next one will take !! I am still waiting for the letter .

It is a little frustrating as my left boob is still very sore, swollen and tender , although my skin is healing up nicely underneath.

My next check up is in Nov , when one of the breast surgeons seems to be doing a combined follow up.....apparently he follows up the trials , instead of the Onc ??? I was on the Tact 2 trial so this is why I will be seeing him .

I still haven't heard about the mammo , but am in no hurry to either ...LOL .

Well done Blondebird for managing to get back to work at all ,I feel as if I am holding on to my sanity by my fingernails.. like you I am so tired , and fall asleep most afternoons.
I also ache in a variety of places, Arimidex induced I guess . This convalescent phase is going to be a longer haul than I thought .

Vicky hope things are improving for you...

Hugs, Jill

BlondeBird

Hi Jill
How did it go today? Have you had any reassurances or advice that will ease your symptoms? Do hope so.

Take care
Blondebird xx

BlondeBird

Hello ladies

You write such wise words Jill...i hope you are OK Vicky....the posts appear to have been edited xx

I can so empathise with you Jill, such an emotional stressful rollercoaster that we are on. I am trying so hard to get on with it and i feel pretty crap a lot of the time. My ankle and knee joints ache like anything and the tiredness is far far worse than over the last 10 months, i cant believe it. I am so worried about falling into depression as i am not feeling the way i think / thought i would / should be feeling....gosh what a state.

I had a check up with onc last thurs who was "pleased with my progress" and i have an appointment with radiotherapy dr on 3rd aug then apparently will have mammogram in sept and see surgeon as a check up appointment then in feb 2010 will see onc again. so i am quite content with check up plans so far.

Hope you get some positive help / advice on thursday Jill, have you been given any clues as to what it may entail?

How are you both finding the hormone tablets? Are they causing you many problems? Hope you are both managing them OK without too many issues xx

I am now back to work 2.5days a week and i am struggling, i wish i could afford to give it up !!

Anyway i will sign off now, i think about you both lots even tho i dont come on here every day.
Take care and hugs xx

lavendersblue

How are you feeling Vicky ? Hope you are coping , and that things might be improving a little for you.

I have an appointment on Thursday at the Lymphoedema clinic , for the problems in my left breast...am a bit apprehensive about this , as although my Onc referred me , the Radiotherapy Doc and the BCN all seemed to think that this is too soon....so we will have to wait and see.

Hope you are keeping well too, Blondebird.

Hugs, Jill

lavendersblue

Hope you have managed to get through today Vicky, it must have been very harrowing for you.

Even without all the stress of your FIL's death it would be a low time for you anyway probably....

I felt very down after all my treatment finished....in fact I am still very up and down...and can burst into tears at the drop of the proverbial hat !!! Both my Radiotherapy Doctor and my GP have said that if I feel I need Psychological support not to hesitate to ask for it....some days I feel I need it and other days I am fine.

So keep ranting away and we will always be here with a sympathetic ear.

Hugs, Jill

snottraggs

thanks Jill,

I

lavendersblue

Rant away Vicky.....this is the place where you can do that. It is a shame that your SIL is being so difficult.....especially when it is such a difficult time for you . You have your own health issues and stresses to cope with at the moment...you don't need extra problems.

Families can be very difficult.....and sadly you have no choice in your family members...so use this thread as a pressure valve and let off steam when you need to.

Hugs,
Jill

snottraggs

thanks

BlondeBird

i am so very sorry to read about your father in law Vicky, my thoughts are with you and your family at such a devastating time xx

Glad to hear your rads are over now and hope you can find some way of acknowledging how far you have come amongst the upset. Well done to your daughter too.

No news on mammogram Jll, think the bcn said it would be sept time. Glad your skin is improving, hope the bone density scan comes back positively.

Take care and love and hugs xx

lavendersblue

Good to see you back from your hols Blondebird, sorry to hear they weren't as relaxing as you had hoped , and that you have other problems to face now that you are back home. Hope things sort themselves out for your OH soon .

I am on Arimidex , and have certainly noticed the hot flushes...not too many aches and pains at the moment, although I have had more headaches than normal. They can cause Osteoporosis, so I had to go for a Dexa bone scan yesterday to see if my bones are dense enough, good job they didn't do my brain...LOL .

Good to hear your skin is looking well , mine is definitely improving...although still a bit pink , but my boob is swollen sore and tender still...with the shooting pains from time to time. Am dreading my next Mammo...have you had any news of one of those ?

Hugs, Jill

lavendersblue

Oh Vicky I was so sorry to read about the death of your FIL , and in such a distressing way too. No wonder your family are in bits. It is such a difficult time for all of you .

Sending lots of love and virtual hugs ((( ))))

Jill

snottraggs

Hi Ladies,

BlondeBird

Hi Ladies
Well i am back from my travels feeling more tired and stressed than before i left 🙂 Sleeping in a 1960 VW campervan for 12 nights didnt do a lot for my resting needs or my back !! A beach holiday is definately in order as soon as possible. Still it was nice to get away !!
Home to family stresses and the fact that my partner needs to find another vacancy within the service we work as he has been made surplus, plus stepdaughter moving back home as she has blown her money...why is it you go away and all hell seems to have broke loose?

My skin is looking well and no peeling or soreness at all. The pains are still rearing their head but i am doing well. Got check up on 29th July.

Im glad you had a nice time Jill, but yes it is nice to be home and i bet when you get to swim in the ocean you will make the most of it eh? Hope your skin continues to improve and the dressings ease the sore bits so you are comfortable xxx

Bloody hell Vicky what a situation to expect you to settle with? But it is so hard to complain isnt it when you are at their mercy so to speak. Are the boosters over now, sorry i have lost track ? If so i hope you have managed to have a glass or two of champagne to celebrate?

How are you both finding the hormone tablets? Are you both on the same?

So sad to read about your FIL...how is he? On a brighter note the house selling / looking sounds very promising, good luck..

Take care and love and hugs to you both xxx

lavendersblue

Sorry it has all been so awful Vicky. I had a few days when I waited a long time....2 hours...but never 4 !! That is really bad....especially when you have a toddler too. Hope things improve for you.

I am not sure why some people have boosters, it must depend on the kind of tumour they have and maybe where it is situated. I didn't have to have any thank goodness...but don't know why not !!!

How is your skin holding up ? I am healing up ....but still have a large pink patch in the crease of my breast , so have been to the GP and got more dressings on prescription, they do seem to help stop my bra rubbing on the sore bits.

Am thinking of you and sending you lots of virtual hugs and support.

Love, Jill

snottraggs

Hi Ladies,

a

lavendersblue

They are on the downward slope now Vicky.....soon be done. One more week , is that right ?? Going daily is a drag isn't it ? I don't know how you manage with a toddler..it was difficult enough with just me..!!!

Hope your skin continues to hold out , I am not sure when my year is up for the Mammo.....will have to check with my BCN , could be dx which would be August....1st Op in Sept , or 2nd Op in October...personally I hope it isn't too soon as my boob is still sooo tender and painful..I have shooting pains today..all round my axillary scar...ho hum !!

So sorry to hear how poorly your FIL is....not easy to cope with when you are not well yourself.

Look after yourself...

Hugs, Jill

snottraggs

glad

lavendersblue

Well back home...and although it was nice to get away...it is nice to be home again. It was very hot, and I wasn't able to swim because of my sore skin ...so that was frustrating !! Spent my time in the shade , lathered in factor 50 .

My skin seems to be healing slowly but surely...lots of peeling skin, but the skin underneath seems to be dryer and not weepy any more...less sore too, dressings are good .

Sorry to hear about your FIL Vicky , do hope the Chemo helps him .

I am not surprised to hear about your jelly legs....I find myself asleep most afternoons for a couple of hours ..LOL

Hope your skin continues to hold up....and the house buying/selling goes well.

Hugs, Jill

snottraggs

Jill

BlondeBird

Hi there
Just wishing you a fantastic holiday Jill hope it gives you plenty of rest and relaxation and the weather stays warm and sunny !!

Hope the skin doesnt get any worse, mine is really beginning to look better and still peeling but far less agressively and certainly still less sore. I am feeling v tired tho having gone to london into work thurs and fri and helping step daughter move flats this am. We are planning to head off tomorrow and be back in two weeks so i wont be signing in.

How are you doing Vicky? Hope the skin is not causing you too much issues? Any more joy with house hunting? Hows your FIL? Take care and hope that the next week of rads go as smoothly as they can and will log in on my return from hol and see how we are all doing.

Take care all love and hugs xxxx

lavendersblue

How is it all going Vicky ? Hope the soreness and pains are not too unbearable. Did the rads team have any advice to help you? I do hope so.

The crease under my breast is raw now and I can see that more skin is going to peel off ...what joy !! So putting fresh dressings on every day .Getting my moneys worth there...LOL .

The rash doesn't see any worse , all though it is itchy and still there....I have always creamed that bit well Blondebird , so I don't think it is lack of cream...it is obviously some form of skin damage caused by the radiation though .

We have booked to go to France on Sunday...just for a week. If things don't improve...we can always come home early...but I am hoping it will all hold itself together for a week.

I have an appointment to see the Rads Doc on the 22nd July for a checkup...

Have a great holiday Blondebird...and keep your chin up Vicky ...will see how you are next week.

Hugs. Jill

lavendersblue

Great to hear that you are not too sore Blondebird , even though you are peeling !!

I have a huge blister in the crease under my boob and the skin is starting to peel from that...but it is wet and weepy....hoping it dries out soon...have been told to stop the aqueous cream until it is dry...just wash..pat dry and apply the dressing .The dressing helps the soreness .....until some movement causes my bra to ruck it up. Luckily the rash seems no worse at the moment...although it is still there .

Your campervan sounds great fun..hope you have a great time and the weather is kind . We used to have a touring van ...but we swapped it for a static one... It is near Antibes in the south , so it can get very warm...I love the sea...but cannot swim with my open sore !! Still the change of scenery would be good .

Hugs,
Jill

BlondeBird

Hi ladies,
All not too bad here, skin is peeling loads but not too sore thank goodness. Went to see bcn yesterday just to have a check on skin and a chat about future. She said all skin peeling was normal and said to use dressing if it got sore. Spoke about future appointments and will be seeing onc in 4 weeks then 3 months after that. Reminded me of counselling and taking it easy and the high possibility of depression etc. I feel pretty OK but have hardly been doing anything so dont know how i am going to cope going into London to work tomorrow and Friday !!! They are very kindly paying for us (I work with my OH too) to stay over tho.

Well you've started the rads Vicky, hope you are finding it OK. Like Jill my breast was swollen and shooting pains already happening before rads, and it felt warm pretty much straight away but nothing uncomfortable til this last 14 days. Just keep slapping the cream on.

As Vicky said nice to put a face to the name Jill, i dont know why really but i have always been paranoid of giving my name let alone a photo, nothing at all related to the people who genuineley use this site but others who may deliberatley hunt for the wrong reasons for what i have written and communicated...

Really hope your skin improves Jill, at first it sounded a bit like what mine was under my armpit, which turned out to be where i had obviously missed putting cream on and it was like an intense sunburn and the pain was the skin pulling as it was soo tight, and it has peeled really badly there, and quite scabby. But i guess the bcn would've known if that is what yours is.

We had a lovely weekend away and are also going away for a couple of weeks this weekend, we are going over to Europe in our VW 1960 campervan and travelling through france to belgium, really looking forward to it hope weather will stay fine, we did it last year for 17 days and it rained for 15 of them 😞

Really hope you can make it to France Jill, have you got a caravan? Poor ole Vicky will be alone on this thread for a while 😞

Anyway best sign of, good luck for rads Vicky and Jill with your skin.
Love n hugs xxxxxxxxxx

lavendersblue

Sorry to hear you are so sore already Vicky.....what a bummer !!

I was pink and warm at first ...but no sorer than usual..mind you I had breast lymphoedema all through my chemo..which made my breast swollen and sore before I started rads , had the stabbing pains all through chemo too , so no change there . Would often take paracetamol before I went to bed.

If you tell the Radiographers tomorrow they might be able to help with something. I was told to keep my cream in the Fridge and to use it 3 times a day instead of twice....keep my showers cool...and dry the underneath of my breast with a cool hairdryer....

I do hope things improve for you..and that you manage to get some rest ....remember to drink lots of water too. Thinking of you and sending hugs ((( ))))

How are you doing Blondebird ? Hope you are OK ?

We are hoping skin will improve enough to go to France at the weekend..mind you I will have to keep out of the sun and the sea...so not sure why I am going...LOL

Hugs ,
Jill

snottraggs

hope

lavendersblue

Re the mug shot Vicky I finally worked out how to add it...LOL Of course now I have short grey curls....hopefully it won't be too long before I can go blond again .

Well today was D DAY for you ...hope it all went well. Side effects will take a while to kick in , if you are anything like me.

I rang the hospital yesterday and they said , best if I could call in so that they could see it...so we drove over. First nurse said she hadn't seen anything like it before...and went to get someone else...she said she thought the spots looked like the start of blisters....and the crease under my breast had actually just turned into a blister...so she gave me a different kind of dressing....and said to get more from the GP on prescription as a pack of 10 was £98 ...eeek !!!

I asked about France and she said she thought it best to delay it by a week...so we have put it on hold until the weekend.

My boob is hot , itchy and sore....and I can sleep for England at the moment too , so perhaps better to wait before we go away.

Hope you are OK Blondebird and your sore boob is improving....

Hugs, Jill

snottraggs

love

lavendersblue

Hope you had a good weekend away Blondebird and things weren't too sore.

Under my boob is very sore today...but no peeling as yet...just looks like raw liver !!

I have also developed a rash ...sort of browny , purple spots from my scar down to the crease of my boob...all on the underside. I will ring the hospital tomorrow to ask if this is normal .

We were hoping to get away to France , for a couple of weeks next week ...but now with this I don't know what to do..

Soon be the 23rd Vicky and then you will be well on your way....the time will fly .Rather than the bed itself , I found it was my arm above my head that gave me most problems...it used to go numb....

It was always such a relief when they said I could take it down...

Keep well everyone..

Love, Jill

BlondeBird

Hi ladies,
Only a quick log on as off away for the weekend shortly but wanted to say hi before i went.

Such a bloody shit cancer is, such horrid news about your FIL Vicky. I just dont know what to write to try and make sense of it.
I hope you are happy with the haircut, i had most of mine chopped off again, just couldnt cope with the growing it out stage at the mo.

Good that planning is done and you will never get used to the table !! The ladies used to have to help me up of it some days, back went so stiff !! And it will fly by mine certainly did. Not had the boosters no so dont know anything about that. In regards to work i am still just doing 1/2 day a week and thinking of doing 2 after next couple of weeks as i am away for nearly 2 beginning of July anyway.

Thanks for the info Jill, great help, not been mentioned to me so i rang Dr's a moment ago and they are doing me a prescription so thanks again. Still not any better, under boob in crease has peeled even more and quite sore and under armpit just as bad, so i hope that the dressings will at least stop bra / clothes rubbing, oh what joy eh.

From reading your comments, i guess i was fortunate to have had the bone scan when they wondered what the additional pain in chest was, as i was told obviously that everything was clear. But of course then you read something that says any scan is only as good as the day they do it....so heh ho...such an unpredictable disease and we can only learn to live with our fears as i guess / hope that as each day, month, year passes our fears / paranoia will only get easier ??

Hope your skin is bearing up OK Jill and the dressings are proving their worth. The afro sounds cool !!!!!!

Well i better be off, have a great weekend and take care
Love n hugs xxxx

lavendersblue

So sorry to hear about your FIL Vicky , I know exactly how hard it is for you to go through this yourself and watch a loved one lose their battle.

A friend was diagnosed with secondary BC, mets in her spine, brain and liver , at about the same time I was first diagnosed...they gave her three months ...but she made it through another 9 months in all before she died a couple of weeks ago.

This is why I find it so hard , not actually knowing whether or not my treatment has worked....I know I am being paranoid...but I have seen what this shitty disease can do ....

On a brighter note...hope your new hairstyle is great...I think I am building up to an afro....my new hair is so curly...and grey !!! Can't wait to get back to being a blond again...LOL .

Hugs,
Jill

snottraggs

Know

lavendersblue

Glad the planning went OK Vicky...you are right the metal table is less than comfortable !!

Sorry to hear the tattoos weren't pleasant, mine weren't bad...but they didn't show up much either ,so I think the person that did them was trying to be too gentle . They used to have to hunt for them every day...amongst my moles and freckles...LOL . They would draw big arrows pointing them out...but these always seemed to wash off in my showers !!!

The time will fly by...do you have to travel far to the hospital for them ? That is what takes up the time...not the rads themselves.

Blondebird, how is your skin today ....any luck with dressings etc ?

My skin is sore in the crease under my boob today...so I stuck a dressing on....I thought what the heck...if it makes it more comfortable.

Went to see the Oncologist today, who more or less said , that is it...don't want to see me any more....will have six monthly check ups now with the breast care team. I asked how could they be certain that all this treatment had worked...and basically they said they couldn't...but just have to think that it has. I know I am being paranoid , but I feel I want a scan or something to tell me that I am clear....for the moment anyway. Is this just me or does anyone else feel this way ?

Hope everyone is keeping OK.

Hugs, Jill

snottraggs

Sorry

lavendersblue

It is great news isn't it...I have relished my freedom today...LOL

Sorry to hear that you are sore and having trouble sleeping Blondebird. When will we ever feel right again ?? The nurse told me that if my skin split or peeled not to put the Aqueous cream on...just was the area gently....with cool water , pat dry , and put the dressing on.

They are called Mepilex Lite , with safetac technology . They have a silicone layer on them that clings to your skin...to hold it in place...but does not tear the skin when you peel them off .They can stay in place for several days she said...take it off ..wash the area in the shower etc. then just replace the same dressing . She has given me 5 huge ones and said I can cut them in half ...so that gives me 10 to be going on with....

It does sound as if you could do with something similar now your skin has broken....hope you manage to get something sorted about your scar area too.

Vicky hope all went well today...and that you are feeling better too.

Hugs to all.
Jill

BlondeBird

Yippee yippee yippee Jill, been thinking about you, so pleased xx Hope the skin continues to behave and hold up for you. What is the name of the dressings they gave you? Sounds lots better to be prepared rather than me just being told to call if there is a problem...

Hope the planning session went OK Vicky, have you a start date? Hope the rash has gone and the sore throat cleared up.

Well, i am OK ish. I have a tiny bit of skin that has come off in the crease under boob, but boy does it sting. Also on lymph node scar under armpit it is very angry / red, and looks a bit like a bad bruise, like little purple pin prick size spots (hope you know what i mean) it hurts a lot when i just move / stretch my arm in a certain way and sleeping it crap at the mo just cannot get comfy. Dont know what this is, as there was no zapping under arm pit ?? Might see how it is today and tomorrow and ring bcn.

Take care ladies xxxxxx

lavendersblue

Just have to share with you all......

I have had my last Radiotherapy session today....yippee. It all went smoothly too ..in early and home again for lunch !!!

I saw the nurse again today and she has given me some dressings in case my skin breaks down over the next week....says I can get more on prescription from my GP or BCN so that is very helpful. They are pleased that my skin held up through the treatment, but have warned me that it could break doen in the next 7 to 10 days.....

It was certainly sore last night, but then it was a very hot day...which didin't help...went out in my factor 50 !!

It will be your planning session tomorrow Vicky ..so hope it goes well,and then you will probably start the rads a couple of weeks later....light at the end of the tunnel .

Hope you are keeping well Blondebird and skin continues to be fine...

Hugs,
Jill

lavendersblue

Congratulations Blondebird , how great to be finally finished...

I have one more to go on Monday...and then I am finished too.Yipppeeeee . Saw the Doc today , and she was pleased with the way my skin is holding up...but says that it may still blister and peel in the next week..so wants me to see the nurse again after I have finished ...just to check that it is still OK .Fingers crossed it will be OK. Good to hear that you are OK too .

Hope the headache wears off soon...LOL

Vicky , hope the house hunting goes well...must be exciting...but stressful, after we moved last time I said " Never again " .
Great to hear that you have your appointment , and hope that you feel better soon from your sore throat etc.
I have been on Arimidex now for a month , and side effects are not bad...but then I am well and truly post menopausal...so have been through all the hot flush stuff before...

My hair is getting thicker and curlier, but doesn't seem to be growing very long...no point in getting it cut just yet...but I would like to colour away all my grey hair . I did read that it is best to leave it for six months after chemo..so perhaps I had better wait a bit for that.

Hope everyone is well...

Hugs, Jill

BlondeBird

Well ladies i can finally say it - Treatment is over - have a banging headache from the champagne last night 🙂

Got appointment with bc nurse 29th June to check skin and talk about check ups etc, no hormone treatment for me as triple neg. So i have finally conquered the mountain.

Had my haircut again last night, very short, cant face growing it out at the mo. Need to make some constructive plans i think re returning to work properly..

I think you are mad Vicky re moving !!!!!! Seriously it hopefully will be really positive for you, planning and preparing then all the excitment of moving in and making it your own, best of luck xxx

Know what you mean about forgetting so much, my darling OH frequently says spit it out girl, what are you on about ??!!!

How are you Jill? Not long now for you is it ???

My skin it bearing up well but was reminded again that it will continue to cook for 10-14 days and the skin may peel off and get bit watery / weepy and to give them a call for it too be dressed if it does, hopefully it will be OK.

Well i will be off still nursing a headache but it was soo worth it..

Take care and speak soon love n hugs xxxx

snottraggs

Hi Ladies,
g

BlondeBird

Hi there
A massive stage over Vicky, and hope you are starting to feel semi human again, rest lots, i sure felt soo bad on the last epi and the break between chemo and rads seemed to hit me with feeling so down, i think you are right in saying your body is letting down and relaxing and everything seems to come out so to speak, as we have just had to keep going. Corh what a long haul it has been too eh. At least the Hickman line is out and i hope it doesnt stay too sore for long.
Good luck on the house hunting, hope you find something that ticks all the boxes.

I had to buy my aquaeous cream got it from Superdrug and used it just a couple of days before starting rads, certainly havent been advised about putting something under boob, but it cant hurt can it?

Hope the side effects stay away for you Jill on the Arimidex and like you i seem to have chemo curls too. i am really struggling with my hair i must say, it was really long and blonde before and now thick short (obviously) curling and brown. I had it cut last thurs and am going back on wed as i hate it, just hope that the hairdresser can work some wonders. I dont mind the curls, just cannot find the confidence to grow it out at the mo and am thinking of keeping it short for a while (if this cut on wed looks better)..at least it is summer.

Well only two more to go, i cannot quite believe it. Bit more red, sore and swollen and hard, shooting pains under armpit and down arm seemed to hit at weekend, but no skin peeling / cracking so all is OK. Tiredness has hit me the last couple of days too, i am feeling completely wiped out. I hope work arent in the frame of mind that now treatment is over i can make a miraculous recover and leap back in because it aint going to happen 🙂 Only doing half day a week at mo they have been brill so far.

Anyway, i better sign off, hope you are both well and take care
Hugs xxxxx

lavendersblue

My planning appointment came through very quickly Vicky ...I had the date just as I finished my chemo.....I finished my chemo on the 29th April , saw the Onc on the 6th May, and was measured up for the rads on the 8th May , and started the treatment on the 26th May .I am sure yours will be soon , I gather it is usually about two weeks after chemo finishes.

At the measuring up appointment the nurse gave me my first tube of cream and told me to rub it in twice a day for the two weeks running up to the treatment starting...which I did....and continue to do.

I also place a tissue in the crease under my boob every day , to try and stop excess moisture causing any problems. I was also told NOT to use deodorant , perfume , talc etc on the left side....and to wash my hair with baby shampoo and use " Simple " soap.( I do use an organic one at weekends though )

My hair is getting thicker , but I have developed chemo curls...so it doesn't seem to get any longer !! I can't wait for it to get longer so I can colour it , and have a decent style !!

Hope you are all bearing up....

Hugs, Jill

snottraggs

I know

lavendersblue

Another step forward Vicky having your Hickman out.... yipppeeee and I am sure your 18 rads will fly by. I have 7 more to go...and the time is flying by...skin holding up so far....see the nurse today, so she will check me over...and doc next week.

I also felt grot after last lot of chemo...and the side effects lasted a couple of weeks longer ...the skin literally fell off my feet , and I felt queasy for ages ,or so it seemed !!!

I have just taken my first month's packet of Arimidex ....so far side effects not too noticeable...but I am well and truly post menopausal...LOL . Just hope this continues . I am still waiting to hear about my bone density scan...as Arimidex can cause osteoporosis .

Hope you are coping well Blondebird...we are all getting there...so hang in.

Hugs to all,
Jill

snottraggs

well ladies

lavendersblue

So great to be finally at the end of the chemo Vicky ...well done you , it has been a long road . Like Blondebird says the side effects continue for a while after...so take care of yourself.

Wow.... only 4 more to go Blondebird , so glad to hear that you are feeling better in yourself and that your eyelashes are growing well .

I have 8 left of my 15 zaps to go ....boob is swollen and red...tender too....but holding up....so far. I tried some Aloe Vera gel on it last night and it seemed to really help...the radiotherapist suggested going braless a much as possible...but my boobs are so big , I find that very uncomfortable...so will probably NOT be doing that !!!

My hair is getting curlier by the minute...and getting bushier , rather than longer...wonder if the curls will stay...have never had curly hair before ...LOL

Look after yourselves everyone...

Hugs,
Jill.

BlondeBird

Hi there
Well done on last chemo Vicky, i remember counting down them long days....sounds like you are a bit brighter and good to hear. Excellent news on the critical illness cover that will be an enormous help, and the claim should all go through smoothly and quickly...
What do you mean about another trial on ovary? Take it easy these next couple of weeks the last chemo hit me the hardest thats for sure xx

How are you getting on Jill? What number zapping are you on now? Hows the boob bearing up?
I had number 11 today wow only 4 to go halla flippin looyaa. Seem to bearing up myself, boob swollen still obviously getting redder really more browner by the day, little bit of itching, but rubbing lots of cream in so skin feels quite smooth really. Feeling more calmer than last week thats for sure, eyelashes well on the way to back to proper length, skin a bit spotty (little white heads appear) but nothing like it was and since hair cut more content with that.

Got appointment with bcn on Monday.

Lots of love and hugs to you all xxxx