69226members
363441posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo in December?

Re: Anyone starting chemo in December?

Hi Karen Im still dong well, day six now and hasnt been to bad at all. Think the waiting for it all to start is the hardest. Once it starts you just get on with it. Hope you are keeping strong Dawn xx

Dawn

How are you doing now?

Karen

Hi

Daisy thanks for the update on your mum, it is really helpful and glad to hear it wasn't as bad as she thought.

Caroline, I hope things are good with you.

Hugs and kisses to everyone

Karen

How did you find it Caroline? I think my mum didn't find it as bad as she thought it might be. We also went for a wig today and she got the second one that she tried. She was pleasantly surprised about how it looked, which was good as I know she was worrying a little. She's not vain, but she's 63 so I think she was worried that it might not look right.
Xx

Hi Caroline

I hope that today went well and you are feeling ok. It is such a relief to get the first one out of the way. Luckily I am still feeling good. District nurse is coming in from day 4 for 7 days to give me injection to increase white cells, not sure why given to me, guess blood test showed count was on the low side, will ask doctor at next appt.  So far this has not been so scary as I thought it may be.  Do really hope that you are feeling as well as I have been. Am waiting for my wig to be delivered was meant to be here before 1.30 today, obviously got caught up in the Black Friday deliveries!

I havent been along to headstrong, what products did they recommend?

Love and hugs Dawn xx

Ok, I now have some dates Smiley Happy

Portacath being fitted next wednesday 10th December (under general anaesthetic) then chemo the day after on Thursday 11th. It will be 4 weeks after my op and two weeks from seeing oncologist. Seems like forever but guess it isnt really...

Feel better for having a definite time.

Maggie x

Good luck Caroline.
All being 'well' I will be a week behind you.....
Let us know how you get on.
Maggie x

Hi Caroline good luck for today let us know how you get on. I have my oncologist appt today to sign up for all my cocktail package. As you will be slightly ahead of me any information will be greatful received. Thinking of you today still first one will be done and started sending you a big hug xx

Hi Daisy, hope your mum feeling ok. Thanks for posting, helpful for me as having first this afternoon. Wishing was this morning as stressing now family gone off to school & work. Was feeling positive but not so much now
lots of love, Caroline x

Mum had first chemo session today. First session FEC-T. She had a canula put in her hand then the nurse sat for almost a hour injecting various syringes of drugs. It began with two anti sickness tablets (orally) then a liquid steroid via the canula. The steroid made my mum get a tingly sensation - particularly in the bum and behind the nose and down the arms. Apparently it's quite common but the nurse said the faster they inject it, the worse it is. She then had 6 vials. I know they began with two massive red ones first - the E part of the FEC. They take the longest as big vials and thick solution.Then four smaller ones. Two of the smaller ones make you feel bunged up in the nose (only briefly).
My mum was given a whole load of anti sickness drugs to take away by the pharmacist. About 6 types in total. Take a pen as it gets a little confusing when they tell you what to take and when. Make sure you remember to take the names of any medications that you are taking even over the counter things. My mum couldn't remember the name of a herbal cough medicine that she sometimes uses, so cannot use until she calls them back.
Next chemo appt in 3 weeks + 1 day. They changed the day so that it falls on the day of her oncology consultants clinic. Two more session of FEC in same way then three sessions of T (which apparently is a bag attached to a drip that takes about 1 hour to empty). She was told that the FEC causes more sickness (that should be controlled) and the T causes less sickness, but more lethargy.

Daisy

Hi everyone

Had a good weekend. Enjoyed a shopping trip with my best friend, spent the evening with our best friends and have spent a lovely lazy day with my hubby. He didn't want to cook today so we went out for a carvery.

I just want to remind us all that we need to make the most of our good days, these are the ones we need to remember and make the most of.

Tomorrow is a day I will deal with when it gets here, easy to say, difficult to do as I am thinking about my chemo start date (Fri 12 Dec).

Hugs to you all xx
Karen

Hi Burched, thank you so much for your reply. Love & hugs right back to you. Its such great support that we all in a similar place & our stories & messages overlap even though we haven't met ..amazing. Must be a relief to get the first one out of the way & you coping with side effects. I hope I can be as brave as you (tues pm). Ive had bit of a wobble but now feeling calm again. Others experiences on here helps loads of course. Yesterday I had an appmt with Headstrong. Two lovely women, both survivers of bc talked to me about scalp & hair care. I was able to try on lots of different head gear without buying. Found it really useful. Been shopping on line for pretty head gear & some nurishing hair products. Thanksfor advice re brow & lash serum, will be getting some if that.
Take care everyone. Love Caroline xx

Hi Caroline just realised your message was to "Riversidedawn" but hope you found my message helpful x

Hi Caroline

Thank you for your good wishes.  First chemo yesterday so one down and only five to go. Wasnt to bad at all felt a bit nauseous and was sick once in the evening felt a bit under par . So far today feeling fine, although not been up long! Think the most daunting thing about all of this is that you really have no idea how it will effect you as everyone seems to be different.  Had my blond bob cut short on Thursday and will admit to shedding a tear or two but am loving my new "on trend" pixie cut! Have decided against the cold cap therapy as suffer badly with sinustis so decided not for me.  Have a collection of winter hats at the ready, waiting for my wig and soft caps to arrive and am giving the Talika eye brow and eyelash serums ago as read that they can help with potential loss of eyebrows and eyelashes - worth a go.

All we can do is take this journey a day at a time it is amazing what we can deal with when we have to.  Please try not to worry about Monday I was in and out of the hospital within an 1.5 hrs and spent a few hours with my daughters before heading home to my sofa!

Sending love and hugs to you and will be thinking of you on Monday. Please let me know how you get on x

Updated my post again to include no constipation or upset tummy, another positive i forgot 😉

Deelush x x 

Thanks for the replies ladies.
I was told that I will lose my hair which I am prepared for.
For some reason was expecting 6x3 weeks ie 18 but apparently this is kinder to the body.
Has anyone had a Portacath fitted under general anaesthetic. I have had a really bad experience with sedation (didn't work!) and won't have it again!
Mx

Hi Maggie, I'm having 3x FEC 3 weekly followed by 12 x taxol weekly. Believe it's the F in FEC which causes hair loss.
I've also got portcath which makes it much easier to administer, mind was put in under local with sedation which was weird. Be prepared to be tired and a bit sore on that side - I wasn't expecting that, but settled down quickly.
No 2 FEC today, having been delayed a week.
X

Hi Dawn, good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you & I'm sending u hugs. My surgeon is also a women which I find reassuring.. The people who care for us are amazing and Im sure they do their very best for us. The lovely women on this forum are so supportive & like so many othetd Im getting strengh from here. I hope your wig is fabulous but hope you wont need it & the cold cap does a good job! Im going to get some advice re hair loss tomorrow. Pre chemo check Monday,then Tues will be my first one. I can feel a melt down brewing.
Maggie, sorry to hear your treatment such a shock. Sending you a hug.
Take care everyone. Love Caroline xxx

Thank you Caroline for your reply. Saw my lovely surgeon today and so she's given me the go ahead for tomorrow and not looking forward to it. But had a long chat with her about the implications of my diagnosis (I was not prepared to ask questions earlier, but having read through all the threads on this site I went armed with questions today!), she reassured me that we've done the best procedure, and following the right treatment, but yes it was a big tumour and I'm 1 in 4 out of 100 patients that she's got her eye one - in good hands, but scary. Also pick up my wig tomorrow night and ordered some soft beanie hats and treated myself to a nice Fat Face beanie today for the cold days ahead!

Keep positive out there, over and out for a few days of nausea!

D x

Hi Maggie,

Have pm'd you . The chemo sounds standard but it's a horrible shock if it's not what you were expecting

Take care and we are all here for you xxxx

Hi Ladies

Reeling here from meeting with Oncologist today.

Treatment is 4 x EC (every 3 weeks) then 12 x Taxol (weekly) so 24 weeks in total as long as I can go straight through without a break.

Need to have a Portacath fitted hopefully next week then chemo the week after.

Anyone had this combination?

Need to let it all sink in.

Maggie x

Hi everyone, great news about scans girls. Hope bone one ok today Maggie.You must be releived to finally have start date karen. Will be thinking of you tomorrow Dawn. Please let us know how you get on. Take care. Love Caroline xxx

Hi Deleesh

Have just read your your post and have to say it is truly inspiring and uplifting.  Have my first chemo on Friday and although a little apprehensive want to get on with it now.  Good to read the positives of the treatment and hope that I deal with it well as you seem to have done.  Hope you are now nearing the end of this stage of your journey.  Dawn x

Hi Karen

I am off to the oncologist tomorrow so should have a start date then too...my CT scan came back clear thankfully but they want a bone scan which is being done on Monday. Are you having one? Hopefully they will start chemo before the results as it takes a couple of weeks to get them I think.

Will keep you posted. Just need to get cracking now...

Maggie x

Hello

Been to see the oncologist today, good news, my full body CT scan was negative, whoop whoop.

Got a start date for my chemo, Fri 12 Dec, bring it on.

Here we go girls, let's kick some butt!

Karen xxx

oooops last paragpaph ment to say Karen. x

Hi Everyone, I'm right there with you all sending big hugs!

Heck Dawn what a tough time you've had and I hope your feeling a little better. Thanks advice re cold cap, I think I will give it a go and add add extra layers to my list for Tuesday. My hair is now quite short so keeping my fingers crossed but I know deep down it's going to fall out. I read on another thread about a women who wore a weave rather than a wig following/during her treatment from www.heathershair.co.uk. They are a charity and the weaves are free. They just ask for postage and a dontation if your able to give.Mine arrived today & It looks ok I think.... What are the NHS wigs like? OMG I just cannot imagine wearing one or the weave but like everyone, I am relieved to be prepared. Re the driving I was given the same advice about contacting my insurer about when to start  (Sheila's Wheels) and they told me to follow doctor's orders. I still haven't driven but  mainly because I haven't needed to. One positive thing about this experience is that my son, who has recently passed his driving test, is getting to use the car.

Dawn I hope you get your start date tomorrow and can get on with it. You sound positive and it's helping me to be get my head around things too and I lets not forget that this is our treatment to fight this disease so bring it on and keep supporting each other. Take care everyone.

Love Caroline xxx

I have my appointment with my oncologist tomorrow so will get my chemo start date. I am not looking forward to it I must admit but feel better every time I come on here and read everyone's posts. I either get reassured it might not be as bad as I think or it's comforting to know that I am not the only one with the same thoughts and feelings.
Being strong for family and friends all the time is such hard work. If another person asks me how I am or your looking well, I will scream at them! But I won't.
Head up, smile and let's start the countdown 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, chemo over...... Might be a few months away but we will get there, we don't have a choice so let's try and do it with a smile 😄
Karen

Deelush you're an inspiration! Maggie, Sarahjane, Caroline et al, I'm right there with you. Waiting and the unknown is awful. Actually the chemo treatment itself is a breeze - you sit in a chair (with or without your cold cap) drink tea and chat to a lovely nurse as she gives you several syringes and a saline drip. I have a port fitted so no injections so didn't feel a thing. It took several hours because of cold cap - which is the worst part of it. Take pain killers half hour before and have lots if layers handy if using cold cap as your body temperature drops. I'm still losing some hair - having FEC followed by taxane, some hair loss is inevitable.

I took a friend to look at wigs then last week when they got my chosen styles in the right colour I took hubby and kids aged 9 and 12 to help me make the choice - kids thought it great fun and I think it's important to involve them. Having said that, I'm now thinking of going shorter (gone from long to bob already) to minimise impact of loss, so may have to choose another style!

For sanity I'm working from home a couple of hours a day (lucky) and returned to yoga 3 weeks after surgery - really good for getting movement back and some relaxation.

Take ginger for any nausea and speak to your nurse/ oncologist - they've altered my drugs and arranging for more drugs to combat side effects for next time so you don't have to put up with it.

Finally, go out and howl at the moon if you feel like it, shout at the cat and punch your pillow - talk to friends, accept offers of help and try to smile (not easy!)

The only thing I haven't found a solution for is my insomnia - any advice ladies?

Keep going. Dawn xxx

Sarahjane and Caroline, my surgeon told me to check with car insurance about driving and said it might be six weeks! I couldn't wait that long as I have school run to do - I think I left it three weeks. Make sure you are comfortable with seatbelt - I used a little cushion for padding. I did a little test drive round the block, made sure I could turn corners both ways, swerve and brake suddenly. Most difficult thing I found was reverse gear and fifth gear because of the pressure in my chest muscle.
Don't rush it - keep yourself safe, but independence is nice!
Good luck x

Hi Riversidedawn
Gosh you have been through a lot at once! Your poor body (and mind) must have taken a real pounding.
Fingers crossed that your treatment will get easier. Let us know how you get on and some of us are right behind you..!
Maggie x

Hi Ladies, I was diagnosed out of the blue at the beginning of September, had a mastecomy within 3 weeks. A 8x7cm tumour plus a 2cm tumour and 26/27 lymph nodes - and I didn't know anything about it. I had a reconstruction at the same time. I've had a port cath fitted for the chemo. First chemo 31st October with cold cap, terrible nausea for 5 days and headache, very tired. Hair loss from week 2 coinciding with infection - wound opening, IV antibiotics plus oral antibiotics. Chemo has been postponed for a week to let me recover so waiting confirmation for this Friday 28th.

I wish I'd found this forum earlier, I feel like the old girl, but only gone through one session so far. Really not lookiing forward to the next round.

I've tried on wigs, waiiting fo the final fitting as they didn't have the right combination of colours and styles I dont think I'm a scard kind of persoh.

Good luck to all.  x

Hi Caroline funny about the emergency stop with driving they told me the same thing but my problem I think will be pulling the wheel round tight corners ! Had some nodes out as well so under arm very sore ! I had a look on site over headstrong there seems that there is not one to local to me so will be I interesting to hear what they hv to say if you could please share? I am going to do cold cap and anything else! Job for today is to book appt with wig lady I like to be prepared. Reflexology later so that will be nice and relaxing after no sleep due to some nutty woman shouting in the street at 2am! Well the sun is out is let's all hv a good restful successful day xx

Hi everyone,

Soooo good we all here to support each other and have a place to vent.

Sarahjane, I know what you mean about not driving. I still haven't attempted it yet but planning to try next week but still have tightness in my arm an op area and it's my left side. I was advised that it's ok to drive 2 weeks after surgery when you feel like you can do an emergency stop. Errrm...not very helpful.

Like you, I cannot imagine loosing my hair but I know I will so I've booked myself in with Headstrong (nxt Fri) to get some advice. Details are on this site and looks like they kindly provide the service in most areas.

Keepmumsafe, agree getting stopped in our tracks really makes us realise how much we juggle and run around doesn't it. I think us working mums are the cogs that keep the wheels turning. The wheels maybe turning a bit slow at the moment but the are still turning. Hope goes well tomorrow.

Take care December girls. Love C x

Hi ladies im so glad that my post is helping some of you feel less worried about starting your chemo, i wish i had found this site prior to all my treatment it helps wih lots of worries and queries and to know your not alone,

thought of another positive i forgot to lists ( ive added it onto my original post now)

No periods 🙂

Deelush x x 

katherine62 perhaps you could edit your post reply to include the above "no periods" for me thanks .

Thanks ladies especially deelush. I had my picc line inserted on friday as I start my chemo tomorrow. Having the picc line inserted was ok but when I left the hospital I could not stop crying and this continued throughout the day and night. I was a WRECK and when anyone was being nice to me it would set me off again. Everything I'd been through must have caught up with me...like everyone else, I'd tried to stay strong for my children. Having chemo scares me as it does everyone but reading these posts has helped.
I made the decision not too use the coldcap a while ago as I get quite a lot of headaches and also losing my hair has been the least of my worries.

I read a post a while ago which said that she looked forward to having the chemo because each session she had meant that she was a step closer to getting rid of the cancer. I have not been able to find this post again but this is how I will try and tackle each session.

Take care everyone and hope you all stay strong xx

Thanks deelush and Wp, , thats soooooo helpful.  probably joining you ladies,  attack plan tomorrow hopefully...unless they send me for other tests... o the endless dragging clock hands!

Hi waiting,  this is the place I come to howl at the moon too. Xxx the brave face is exhausting, but our families need it. Its so crazy to go from being 'the boss of me ' to having no control over anything.  Women are so used to juggling everyone and everything this random meteor just wrecks us. Its amazing how sharing the load, even this one, helps strengthen us all.,

Xxxx sending love

I agree! certainly made me feel a bit more at easy with it all thanks deelush xx off for relaxing soak in bath to easy the op area and then daily exercises to strengthen op area xx hv a good day allxx

Can i add my thanks to Deelush for THE most inspiring and comforting post? Really really helps to read

@deelush wrote:

Hi ladies, thought i would just post about my experience with chemo because i can truely relate to how scared you are all feeling about the unknown. It really isnt as bad as you think its going to be, and trust me i was ready to run out the escape door when i was told that chemo was on the cards, even after the appointment with the oncologist and his advise i was still like err no i dont want this, but my husband said it needed to be done and gave me strength to go ahead, i was so worried i cried when i went for the talk with the chemo nurse a few days before my treatment started, such a wuss. But i did it. I'll list my negative and positive points so you see it wasnt that bad, and once youve got the first one over you know what to expect, but youll be sitting there thinking whats going to happen when the drugs start going in but nothing happens so dont worry i actually sat eating my sandwhiches during treatment and even managed to fall asleep through one as its such a relaxing atmoshere, honest

Negative points for me were; lost my hair  (didnt want to cold cap) so that was expected but i kept most of it until week before my third treatment then i had it shaved off so i did well compared to most.

Heart burn

fatigue 

loss of taste

night sweats

And numb finger tips (but not until last chemo)

Positive points (oh yes there were positives)

being looked after by a fabulous bunch of nurses

having the oncologist at the end of the phone if i needed advise

having a quick pass into A&E if needed ( used it twice but nothing to worry about)

Having an emergency number on hand 24/7

not suffering from any form of sickness or nausea what so ever, ( i still took the tablets though because prevention is better than cure)

having lovely skin, yes all over from head to toe my skin was lovely clear and oh so smooth

having lovely finger nails they grew fast strong and nice and white

all the aches and pains i had in my body prior to treatment dissapeared

The heart burn was sorted easily with lansoprazole

the loss of taste only lasted a week lots of cold drinks helped

The fatigue always got better

i finished chemo on 3 september and my hair is already an inch long all over and it isnt all grey and curly like i i was told it would be and it started to grow back before my chemo had finished.

not having to shave my arm pits and legs at all

so ladies as you can see its doable and my positives far outweighed the negatives and even they were minamul (probably didnt feel like it at the time but they really were)

please take care and really try not to worry

deelush x x 

and REREAD and REREAD that post. Sending you all much love,

XXXXXXXXX

Hi ladies
Well it seems that I will be in a similar situation as you all are starting chemo in December 😕
I had a left breast Masectomy last week and am heal if from that well just Borden of not being able to drive or work. Wendy you take on the treatment is reassuring and like all very nervous and yes hate the thought of losing hair I am afraid to say very vein so having a false boob and no hair does make me feel a little blue but there again these are only temporary measures and better to ensure that every measure is taken to ensure all is clear ! Will be good to share experiences and again this forum has helped me do much over last few weeks !

Here's to us December girls having minimal se and getting through this treatment successfully and quickly xxx

Hi Deelush

Thanks for the chemo hints, that has really settled my mind. Got my oncology appointment on Wednesday, will then get my start date.

We will get through this

Hugs to everyone
Karen

Hi deelush,

I love your post. It's very comforting to know that you are at the other side and positive. Ive been having a bit of a week before starting chemo emotional day. Reading your post has help loads so so thank you so much. Take care everyone.

Caroline x

Thank you Deelush - reading your of your experience has really encouraged me and I'm sure it will the other ladies about to start Chemo.

You hear so many negatives that the fact that your positives outweigh them makes me feel much better about what is to come.

Maggie x

Hi ladies, thought i would just post about my experience with chemo because i can truely relate to how scared you are all feeling about the unknown. It really isnt as bad as you think its going to be, and trust me i was ready to run out the escape door when i was told that chemo was on the cards, even after the appointment with the oncologist and his advise i was still like err no i dont want this, but my husband said it needed to be done and gave me strength to go ahead, i was so worried i cried when i went for the talk with the chemo nurse a few days before my treatment started, such a wuss. But i did it. I'll list my negative and positive points so you see it wasnt that bad, and once youve got the first one over you know what to expect, but youll be sitting there thinking whats going to happen when the drugs start going in but nothing happens so dont worry i actually sat eating my sandwhiches during treatment and even managed to fall asleep through one as its such a relaxing atmoshere, honest

Negative points for me were; lost my hair  (didnt want to cold cap) so that was expected but i kept most of it until week before my third treatment then i had it shaved off so i did well compared to most.

Heart burn

fatigue 

loss of taste

night sweats

And numb finger tips (but not until last chemo)

Positive points (oh yes there were positives)

being looked after by a fabulous bunch of nurses

having the oncologist at the end of the phone if i needed advise

having a quick pass into A&E if needed ( used it twice but nothing to worry about)

Having an emergency number on hand 24/7

not suffering from any form of sickness or nausea what so ever, ( i still took the tablets though because prevention is better than cure)

having lovely skin, yes all over from head to toe my skin was lovely clear and oh so smooth

having lovely finger nails they grew fast strong and nice and white

all the aches and pains i had in my body prior to treatment dissapeared

The heart burn was sorted easily with lansoprazole

the loss of taste only lasted a week lots of cold drinks helped

The fatigue always got better

i finished chemo on 3 september and my hair is already an inch long all over and it isnt all grey and curly like i i was told it would be and it started to grow back before my chemo had finished.

not having to shave my arm pits and legs at all

no periods

no constipation or upset tummy

so ladies as you can see its doable and my positives far outweighed the negatives and even they were minamul (probably didnt feel like it at the time but they really were)

please take care and really try not to worry

deelush x x 

Hi everyone, Just bit of light housework and a  walk in the sunshine today but frankly I'm quite knackered this evening. Five weeks ago I was a regular gym person. flipping heck........

Nutty its good to hear you are coping with your treatment and that it's not as bad as you thought it would be. I feel much calmer after reading your post..thank you. I think I will have a go with the cap and take tea with it. Has anyone seen Headstrong as thinking I will make an appointment with them. Maggie, good idea I will ask my son what he thinks about helping me to choose a wig. Although, this evening, he was watching tv with his back to me and he said, "Mum, I think Denise (this is my hairdresser) will be able to sort a wig out for you." He is obviously a bit worried about how I'm going to look. Bless him, he's 13 and a bit awkward at he moment. We also have an 18 year old boy. They are very perceptive and don't miss anything so decided to be completely honest  with them both and it seems to be for the best........but its sad our children have to deal with this at all isn't it.. 

Flossie think we all would all agree that the waiting is the worst bit. Things happened very quickly for me which has left me in a state shock. I hope you feel better when you have a treatment plan.  

Be kind and gentle with yourselves lovely people.

Caroline x

Hi Caroline

Just a suggestion but could you take your son to choose your wig with you?

Rather bizarrely I am taking my 20 year old son and my 85 year old Mum to choose mine.

Your son might actually find it quite fun and will then not be surprised to see his Mum in the wig that 'you' have chosen.

I am by no means an expert in these things but worth a thought?

M x

hi waiting

I was diagnosed a week ago and saw my consultant today, fully expecting to be given a start date - actually looking forward to having a start date so I can feel like I'm getting on with doing something! Instead  I was given another appointment to see the oncologist next week, and told I will have to have an MRI before the chemo starts. So more waiting! Everyone in my life has been so supportive - but I am beginning to feel like they will get bored of seeing me waltzing around as normal! This experience is such a roller coaster 😞 I know what you mean about crumbling inside. I'm trying to put on a face for my son and my friends and work collegues but really I'm struggling with the feeling that I'm doing nothing! I'm sure once things get going I'll want it all to slow dawn again lol

Good luck with your treatment. I hope you feel more settled once you get going xx

Hi - I'm half way through chemo - have Fec-t. I've had the tax part first- I've used the cold cap - I've lost quite a lot of hair - but with some creative styling have managed to hide my thin/bald bits. I didn't have my hair cut - it's just past my shoulders - but I keep it up in a pony tail and try not to touch it. The cold cap is not too bad - I take a cup of really hot tea with me and drink that when it's first put on - if you can cope with the first 10 mins you will be fine. Not sure if I will keep my hair when I change to Fec next week but I will carry on . At the moment I don't think anyone would know I was having chemo. So far it hasn't been too bad - I feel sick for a few days but once that's past I seem to be fine - I'm still working (from home) and walking 5k on my running machine . I was dreading starting chemo - but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Good luck xx

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing with me girls. I am blessed with a very nurturing and supportive family and friends but I feel I need to 'be brave & get on with it' around my loved ones......I'm sure you  know exactly what I mean. So it's helpful to be able to share with women who are going through the same emotional ride. I agree Scrumpy that this site really is a life line. I had another similar episode back in 2010 and found Haven to be such a massive support back them too. Highly recommend I went to the one in Leeds...

Thanks for your reassuring advice Wendy which I will follow. I'm still undecided about the cold cap. My 13 year old son asked me last night what I will look like in a wig? aaaagh...........I told him that I would probably prefer to wear a scarf and he told me that I really must surely want wear a wig. Oh dear what to do.................

Maggie, good luck with your scans today and  it's reassuring to hear about your friend and let's hope we are the same. Like you I would like to work  and try to get back some normality in life but been advised not to as I work out in the community and I am scared of not being able to bat off coughs and colds etc................

On a positive note  it's a lovely sunny day and I've been for a walk to the hairdressers. I know my hair will fall out but I'm enjoying it while I can. Be kind and gentle with yourselves.

Love and Hugs to you all. Caroline xxx

Hi

Like you, I was diagnosed on 10 Oct with IBC, had my left breast removed on 22 Oct. I have a full body scan on Monday, see my oncologist Wednesday therefore I should be starting my chemo 1st week ot December.

All been a bit of a mad few weeks. Not looking forward to the chemo but have read alot of hints and tips so hope I am as prepared as I can be.

I look forward to us all sharing our experiences together. Reading all these forums has made me feel that I am not alone, that what I am feeling or going through is normal.

This site is keeping me grounded and sane, thank you.