cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo in December?

Highlighted

Re: Anyone starting chemo in December?

Hi dawn

Been home about an hour and so far so good. Have that nasty taste in my mouth that last time did make me feel sick all night but I wasn't sick. Hoping things go well, how about you?

Tomcat, my head tingles in different places on my head. The hair is shedding now, will probably shave it all off by next week.

I hope you are all staying strong, it's bloody hard work but I think it helps to be positive and laugh every day.

Hugs to you all xxxxx

Karen
Highlighted

Tomcat I hate that feeling as you know what's happening. How did it go Scrumpy? I finished about an hour ago. Now time for a sleep if possible x
Highlighted

Ooh I don't like the head tingling. Before now it was a little and now its all at the top and horrid.
Highlighted

Hi dawn

Thanks, glad you had a good 2nd FEC, here's hoping mine is as good as my first.

It seems that my scar line has finally started settling down now. I made the decision to not have it drained before chemo and while it was uncomfortable for a few days it has now settled. I have now been able to make an appointment to get me new boobie!

Well second round for me in the morning.

Take care everyone, Karen xxxx
Highlighted

Em mine is leaving me this morning. Probably leave it on the plane. My head is itching. I'm scratching and getting excema on it and its started to come out. Day 14.
Highlighted

Hi Karen, although I started chemo 31 October have only had 2 FECs so far - missed out in December because of infection and second op. So number 3 tomorrow!

Second was Michelle easier than first with reduced SEs and no hair loss. That was 5 weeks ago so let's see what tomorrow brings x
Highlighted

Happy New Year everyone. 2015 will be our year!

Second round of chemo tomorrow! That will be 2 down, 4 to go.

Has anyone else had their 2nd chemo yet?
Karen xxx
Highlighted

Hi Guys.

Day 14 after first FEC and I am still feeling pants. My hair started falling out in handfuls this morning, which is quite hard even though I was expecting it. Have an appointment with the lymphedema nurse on Friday as my nodeless arm keeps swelling. Second flush yesterday and picc was completely blocked. They kept pushing saline to clear it and eventually they managed to draw some blood but now it feels very battered.

The only side effect I was looking forward to was the fact my periods would stop and instead of that I am having the period from hell!

All in all, I am pleased this year is over and hoping for much better things in 2015.

Happy New Year everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Emxx

Highlighted

Thanks Marli:)
Highlighted

Thank you Dawn. Originally dx in 2009 with lobular bc and had lumpectomy, chemo, radiotherapy and tamoxifen, then letrozol. In September noticed changes in breast and by November was referred back to surgeon. Letrozol had stopped working and recurrence had was again ER+ plus it is now HER+ as well as inflammatory. They are giving me this regimen to shrink it and give a better chance of success for immediate reconstruction after mastectomy.

Feeling a bit better today but do feel as if kicked in stomach by a horse. Tomcat - have a good journey home. xx

Highlighted

Jane I live in israel but I'm in the uk this week. I fly home tomorrow and flight isn't pleasant when feeling grim.

Marlo, welcome:)

day 13 and 14,tongue ulcers have arrived. Very mild but annoying:) still OK but very wobbly tummy 2nd week. I should have had second today but due to trip I have a weeks grace.
Highlighted

San1952, my surgeon stopped physio on cording as thought that was increasing fluid build up - always swoll up 2 days after physio.

I had a masectomy and recon and lymph nodes out, but drains came out too early, my swelling was the whole breast. For weeks on end.

Hope you're sorted soon it's such a pain to delay treatment x
Highlighted

riverside dawn the seroma is just above my mastectomy wound and under my lt arm also have cording in my lt arm which doesn`t help seeing the physio but she says it will take time to get better

Highlighted

Hope the seroma clears up soon san1952. Where is it? I had repeated drainage after my masectomy/recon, unfortunately took a while to go away so I know how you feel with delays. I'm due my 3rd FEC on Friday which should have been my 4th chemo but delays have put me back. You'll get there!

Maril welcome, yours sounds like a very different regime to the rest of us - have you had surgery?
Highlighted

should have started my first chemo tomorrow but it has been postponed for 2 weeks as I had to have my seroma drained again today for the 4th time so l`m disappointed as the sooner l start the sooner it will be finished.New date 14th january so keep everything crossed four me

Highlighted

Hello ladies - wondering if I can join you. Having read the thread you seem a friendly and informative bunch. Had my first session in 2 parts on 23rd December (Herceptin and peruzumab, 9 hour marathon session) and 24th December Docetaxel so am following your journeys with interest. Steroids were fab for getting me through Christmas Day and Boxing Day and as family now gone home am indulging myself with sleep!! Can't seem to stay awake. Am having the cold cap and hope it works as yours is doing.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Marli x

Highlighted

Where are you flying to Tomcat?

jane x

Highlighted

Such good news!

janexx

Highlighted

Hi I am day 8 post chemo feeling great ,1-3 slight headache but cooked Christmas lunch on day 3 and enjoyed eating it once finished steroids day 3 headache went and felt fine ,walked every day 45 minutes ,day 7ran out if steam on walk but came in had a bowl porridge and a bacon bap and felt great after ( lesson to learn keep topped up with fuel on days 7-10 while cells repairing )
Bring the next one on ( Jan 12th )
Xxx
Highlighted

Quick update. I flew on day five and it was a bit queezy towards the end but OK. Days five to ten have been good but my tummy has gone one way then the other then back again and is still not great. Not taken anti sickness stuff since day five until today due to a car journey. I'm having a lit of lower back and hip pain and I assume its the neulesten injection from day two but don't know. Head started tingling on day eight but not noticed loss yet. Its very short so I may get away with it a few days. I fly back home on new years day and I have to say unless my back gets better I am not looking forward to it.
Highlighted

It's really great to hear these positive tales... i know parts will be tough, but not everyday awful. thanks x
Highlighted

Good luck Karen hope it is for you too ,my next one is booked for 12th January x
Highlighted

So glad to hear things are going well for you Elaine. I am day 14 and feeling good. I have noticed that my hair is now just starting to shed at the sides. No other visible hair loss yet but it's defiantly falling out now.

I hope you all managed a good Christmas and that we all have a great New Year.

Round 2 of chemo is booked for 2 Jan, round 1 has been very good to me. I am praying that round 2 is as good.

Karen - hugs to you all xxxx
Highlighted

4days post chemo and feeling fine all meds finished not felt sick just a muzzy head for a few days but not a problem at all ,had a lovely Christmas Day cooked the meal and had a good portion and it was lovely even if I say it myself
Even had two 45 minute walks in the sunshine feeling proud of myself
Good luck everyone else I feel in control now
Elaine
Xx
Highlighted

Sandra thanks for sharing. Now I can pass this on to my hubby! I am sure he doesn't believe me when I say I am not allowed to anything for 6 months, LOL xx
Highlighted

scrumpy no gardening, no hanging washing out,no moving furniture,no carrying shopping bags in arm thats had lymph nodes removed.She showed me how to apply aqueous cream once a day to that arm.then she measured both arms in case I got lymphoedema hope that helps sandra

Highlighted

San1952, please share what you/we shouldn't be doing so we can avoid the lymphodema nurse.
Highlighted

i`ve seen the lymphoedema nurse today and she has explained the things I should not be doing it would have been good to have seen her before my operation and not 4 weeks after.also had a physio sesson as l`ve developed cording in my arm.then l had fluid removed for the 3rd time from a  sercoma that has developed so tomorrow hopfully will be better

Highlighted

Scrumpy, keep moving, do lots of back mobility and stretching exercises. I've had low back trouble for years and years - sitting around does not help!

Highlighted

Hi everyone,
Loads of Luck today Elaine. X
scrumpy I've felt like that too. For me helps to get out for a walk everyday. Not so good in the wind & rain tho. Ive suspended my gym membership for the time being & my body is wondering whats going on. Going to look for a palates DVD today. Great fot core & back on goods days of course.
Just been for bloods in preparation for second cycle tomorrow. Feel sick at the thought.

Highlighted

Tomcat - well done on the head shave. I did it and thought it was the best thing ever. Loving the short cut and rocking it. You can't control much these days but this one was my choice, not the chemo's!
Highlighted

Help - I have spent far too much time sitting and I am now in agony with my lower back. I can't sit, stand or walk without pain. It's my own fault. Just taken the dog out for a slow walk for an hour and now trying to sit properly in a dining chair instead of slouching in an armchair. No one mentioned this side effect!
Highlighted

Elaine - Good Luck - it is going to be ok 😉

Highlighted

woodview hope all goes well today

Highlighted

I did it - I just had all my hair cut off and now have a very funky short back and sides with less than an inch on top! Really liberating!

Highlighted

Thanks Helen & lots of luck tomorrow. I will ask about flu jab Tuesfsy but think too late. Im kinda hyper tuned in to people sneezing & cougjng LOL!
Love Caroline xxx

Highlighted

Oohps days not dad
Highlighted

Go for it. OK it may be no good for work depending on where you work but if people are going to stare at me I'd rather it wasn't with the 'poor thing has cancer' look!

Chemo oneAC was Thursday morning. So far so hood. Nagging headache that won't go but manageable. Went out Thursday night with friends and last night with work. Feeling tired, legs feel a bit strange, slightly queezy on and off but tablets working. So far so good but still terrified of what happens now! I was told dad five to ten would be bad.
Highlighted

Well ladies I must admit I having been reading through the posts about all the different colour wigs and has made me laugh! Em I love the frenchie idea was watching grease yesterday thinking oh well maybe as you say Catherine would give people something to look at ha ha xx Hope all feeling well today going to try to venture out today to my little nephews carol concert need to build some energy back up and stop watching so much tv ! Still me and James Martin would not mind him cooking my Xmas dinner!!! Xxx
Highlighted

I'm not cold capping. Not seen anyone in israel use them and really not that bothered.
Highlighted

I bought from milanoo.
Highlighted

I ordered mine ready for my chemo commencing . Just a plain one near to my ordinary style . Scan results mon so hoping i have nothing else yo be worried about as that scan jade me so ill after . helen xx
Highlighted

Hi waiting depends what shops you chose l some gave wigs to take away some have to be ordered l ask then on the phone when you book an appt l I was told to have flu jab before chemo l hope 2 nd gives well . Helen xx
Highlighted

Used mine a few times even though cold capping. Nice to just out the hair on without the fuss!!
Highlighted

Ha Ha ...... think will get a green one just for the fun of it!  But seriously Im hoping to find something similar to my usual style as hoping to blend especially when back at work and treatment finished.

With any luck we wont need our wigs girls. Finger crossed that the cold cap works for us all xx

Highlighted

Hi tomcat please let me know where you found your ginger wig - I've got bright red/ginger coloured hair and have been trying to find a wig with no sucess so far 🙂
Highlighted

Of course you can carry it off. If they are going to stare give them something to stare about. Red purple and ginger all ordered.

Highlighted

Hi,

Riversidedawn, hair or wig which ever most comfy .. enjoy your lunch.  How is your taste? I'm finding everything tastes very different at the moment. On the plus side I'm relieved that some taste has returned as had bird cage mouth until recently. 

Emm, I love the sound of your pink wig I would never be able to carry that off except on a pink Friday of course! So sorry to hear that you've got an infection, it's strange how these things manage  to find us. I hope you are feeling better soon. 

Love Caroline xx

Highlighted

I have ordered a pink wig - if I have to go bald then I will take the opportunity to look like Frenchie from Grease Smiley Very Happy

I have an infection in my lymph node-less arm now, started last night, so antibiotics at home over Christmas. No idea how it started - I haven't cut myself or anything Smiley Frustrated

Emxx

Highlighted

I've got my wig - it's only had a couple of outings on bad hair days  (it's great just to pop it on and not worry)! My hair is thin but a bit of a comb over and a pony tail does the trick usually. Got to decide whether it's real hair or wig tomorrow for in-laws Christmas lunch...... just not sure!