363125posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting chemo in January? A 'new' kind of New Years resolution

Highlighted

Re: Anyone starting chemo in January? A 'new' kind of New Years resolution

With me its i can't get to sorry in the first place then when I do like 5 am last night i was up at 8 ! Don't believe in sleeping the day away but thats ridiculous . Its like when I was first diagnosed all over again xx
Highlighted

I started chemo yesterday (Jan 😎 and seem to be only sleeping a few hours at a time. Not sure if it's the nausea or maybe steroid waking me. I am listening to relaxing music and taking braggs Apple cider vinegar to help nausea. Seems to be working so far.
Highlighted

Anyone suffering insomnia through FEC ? Is it the FEC or the steroids ? Xx
Highlighted

Shennar I too have bought some ginger nuts and also ginger ale!! I will try anything to make the whole experience easier!!
Highlighted

shennar hopefully I`m starting my chemo on the 14th of january been posponed for 2 weeks due to seroma but they should drain it the day before and then Ihave to wait 3 weeks if it needs doing again.

Highlighted

Hello starting chemo on 12th January - Fec t. So encouraging to know I am not alone on this journey. Bit scared but feel stronger reading other peoples threads, it's water and ginger nut biscuits all the way for me! And Broadchurch! 🙂
Highlighted

Same here...want to join a FB group...had one chemo on 31st....
Highlighted

I am due to see the Oncologist this week and start chemo the following week. Feeling apprehensive but know why I have to have it. I had a mastectomy and then needed axillary node clearance both in Dec.
Highlighted

susan I`m suppost to be having my first chemo on 14th jan the day before my birthday

Highlighted

Me to x
Highlighted

I start chemo jan 8th. What does FEC mean?
Highlighted

Hi, I had my first one today 2nd Jan, all went well xx. FEC
Highlighted

Hello, I am totally new to all this and been doing an ostrich with regards to chemo, but had my first one today FEC and just got home, could I join your January group, think I might need a few more answers and help as it was a lot to take in and I am looking at bags of drugs etc ! Many thanks
Highlighted

I start the 15 jan x
Highlighted

of course! PM me with your email

jane x

Highlighted

Hi Jane, pls can I join the FB page for Jan starters?
Highlighted

Thanks Lucy
Highlighted

Hi Waterbaby
You can send a PM now

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Thanks Sandie
Could do with some sunshine, it's freezing here.
Highlighted

Would love to join the fb group, when do I get to be able to send pm's???
Highlighted

Hi waterbaby, taken me 3 goes to get this here.., crazy internet ..

I totally get that need to swim. I had a masectomy on dec12th and its summer time here. Im sure swimming would help my arm stretches more than anything else.  Ive had to send the kiddlets swimming with their dad as it drives me bonkers not being allowed in. 

I have an appointment with my oncologist probably mid january,  his nurse rang and said the normal regime is AC x4 tyen paclitaxel and herceptin. Which when I googled it seems a similar set of drugs to the fec-t that lots of ladies here talk about. 

The more I think about the more i look around my house at all the unfinished stuff. Need to streamline everything, ,

Sad that you're here, but also good that you're here... its a double edged sword thats for sure.

Stretchy hugs xxx

Sandie

Highlighted

Yep first session on 2nd January - 6 lots of Fec. This is my second run in, had a mastectomy in 2002 now new cancer in other breast. Has mastectomy on 12th Nov, grade 2 triple negative😞 been a nightmare whilst they decided how to give me the chemo as they can't use my arms!! Had portacath fitted under General on 22nd Dec, hate having it but no choice!! Desperate to get back in pool as I am hoping it will help with the massive amount of fluid I have on the op site. didnt have chemo last time as it was small and grade1 so only tamoxifen for five years. Lost my little sis in 2009 in same way so am desperate to hang in here both for my son and her two kids. Have been really positive but the op on Monday was a bit of a downer!!!
Highlighted

Anyone wanting to join our top secret and private FB page PM me here with your email address and I'll send you an invitation. No-one else will know you've joined and no notifications or anything will appear on your wall for friends to see. it is SECRET!

Please come! it'll be brilliant!

jane

Highlighted

Oh sounds just the ticket Annie! Sea is the best thing. Are you going to join our Facebook page?

Highlighted

Thx Maggie, how's your arm now? Snooze pm sounds a v good idea - it must be helping your body to recover. Standard advice to 'listen to your body ' makes sense. Enjoy Xmas! A x
Highlighted

Welcome back Annie! Your holiday sounds fab.

Trying to get in the Christmas mood here. Nearly done my cards but as usual have run out so given husband a shopping list tomorrow.

Had a sleep this afternoon. I never sleep during the day! Blaming the tablets...

M x

Highlighted

Hi Jane! Have been away for a few days - husband's idea for sudden hol ! Wonderful walking on beaches, jogging a little with the dog, waving arms around vigorously in sea spray, lots of good food and generally getting a bit of distance from bc thoughts. Still awaiting appointment with onc ( mx surgery was 19 nov) -recovering well. Thx. Hope you are good, have been gradually catching up on the threads. A x
Highlighted

Katherine - I use Facebook ALOT and would like to be part of the group there pls.
Also good work on the merging 🙂
Karen x
Highlighted

Hi yes Facebook would be great also I am not very savvy on setting something up but I will definitely join just let me know
X
Highlighted

How are you Annie, you've been quiet? Are you ready to roll in January or have you started already?
love jane x
Highlighted

Yes - good idea to merge the two threads. Annie
Highlighted
Moved:

This topic has been merged with the Post Xmas chemo starters thread

Highlighted

Hi Janet.

I too posted on both threads a day or so ago, suggesting you /admin could merge them.

I think it would help so ok by me if ok with everyone else.

Bel.

Highlighted

Hi yes, I have posted there too, Thanks janet.

Let's see what everyone thinks.

Highlighted

Hi

It is technically possible to merge 2 threads.  It might be best to post on the "post Xmas starters" thread to check they would like this to happen as well.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Just a thought.....

what do we all think about starting a private Facebook page for us all. Obviously we'll still rely heavily on this forum, but i noticed a lot of other 'monthly Thread' women have done this?

I'll duplicate this message in the other thread 'Post Christmas starters'... someone mentioned the moderators might be able to merge the two threads, which would be good if they could.

Highlighted

It SO will... people keep saying we'll have a wild crazy Christmas next year to make up, but wthout sounding trite I would just be so happy with a peaceful and untroubled Christmas 2015. That would be perfect for me.

jane x

Highlighted

Hi J it certainly is and all I keep thinking once spring comes we will be nearly through it we all have so much to look forward to and Christmas will be extra special next year xx
Highlighted

Elaine..... and this time next year we'll be the ones offering that kind of cheer and encouragement to other women who will be where we are now. It is a unifying thing, isn't it? 

Jx

Highlighted

i`m to have 6 cycles of chemo then 15 treatments of radiotherapy.Going to have a consulation about a wig on friday as they tell me that I will lose my hair.had my theeth checked and passed didn`t  need anyhthing doing before chemo

Highlighted

Hi San I'm just a bit in front of you so let's keep talking
A real positive today I went to a meeting at work and one of the PAs came up to me and said this time last year I had just had my first chemo same grade BC lumpectomy and 6 cycles of chemo 15 radio following and she looks great and really allayed my fears re chemo
Elaine
X
Highlighted

I start my chemo on the 22nd Dec just been fitted for my wig and it looks lovely I was really surprised at how comfortable it feels.Had my hair cut short and had my flu vac ,chemo assessment Friday then all systems go .My cousin from Australia said "what a lovely Christmas present a gift of healing " what a lovely positive thing to say and I am quoting that when people say fancy having it before Christmas you would think they would wait !!!
Was my last day physically at work today (am working at home until the 5th) was quite emotional when everyone was wishing me good luck found myself blubbering in the car on the way home ,I too am finding my emotions all over the place I just think I have sorted myself out then I end up in tears
I am so pleased that I have you all to lean on instead of upsetting my lovely family
Elaine
X
Highlighted

i start my first chemo on 31st december so it will be good to talk to others going through the same thing

Highlighted

Thanks Brewster.

I have seen that post.

Bit of duplication. Post Xmas / January.

Admin may merge the 2 threads. I have noticed that done before.

🙂

Highlighted

There is a big gang of us starting 6-8 Jan. We are on the post Xmas chemo starters thread. Xx
Highlighted

Anyone having their fisrt session of chemoon 2nd January ? 

Highlighted

Thanks Jane x

Pippa - re the sad faces, I just flash my biggest and brightest smile (no matter how I am really feeling inside) and that zaps the pitying looks - all my close friends and dance students were told from day one not to feel sorry for me!!! I hope you find your smile within you... Good luck with the lymph clearance and try not to worry, like Jane says, you are not alone xxx

Highlighted

Good luck Helen with your results. One day at a time.
Highlighted

Oh Pippa, if only people knew how much we DON'T need the sad faces and pity looks. They are the worst thing.... bring you crashing down even if you're feeling okay. I know they mean to be kind but we are still just the same person, not a walking disease.

Try not to worry about the lymph node thing..........whatever the results, you will not be alone and the post Christmas thread is going to very busy with loads and loads of support.

we'll all get the treatment we need to zap everything and then we'll be fine.

jane x

Highlighted

Hi.

I think you have had similar to me but the difference is I am having chemo first then lymph node removal.

I had WLE in November with SNB. Mine was grade 2 ductal invasive.

They found a tiny trace in the one node they removed  so recommended chemo.

I have recovered well from the Nov surgery. 

Chemo starts Jan 2nd for 4 months.

once recovered then having lymph node surgery - axilliary clearance. 

I am going to try cold cap as its been offered. 

I have to be positive. 

Making the most of my time at home. Done most of my Xmas shop online.

I was at home to receive it.

I try to get out and about daily even if its just for short time.

Try to keep busy, cook, read, eat.

Looking forward to the Spring. 

Good luck with you op. 

The time will pass quicker over Xmas.I am sure your 8 year old will keep you busy.

Take care.

x