376146posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Anyone starting chemo in July 2015?

hopefulholly

Re: Anyone starting chemo in July 2015?

Thanks for all the messages guys. I did manage to see Grace yesterday Ros and so glad I did as today I've not been able to leave the house, feeling nauseous, fed up of the antibiotics, mouth ulcers (even my tongue has split -yuck!), blisters on the soles of my feet, what's that about? And I can't drink wine! Also feeling guilty for feeling a little low when I should be elated about my granddaughter. And this is supposed to be my good week. And I put photo of me holding the baby on Facebook and received private msgs asking if I was well?! There's me thinking that I don't look like a cancer / chemo patient when clearly I do. Sorry everyone, I seem to be using the forum as a kind of confessional / therapy session today.

I promise I'll be upbeat in my next post. X

joyce11

Hi jky03

I had a day like yours yesterday and could not hail myself out of bed until midday - fed up, tired, nothing to look forward to and raining hard. Today is a better day - bit of sunshine, retail therapy - shoes I don't need and done a few jobs. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better - might have a glass of white to celebrate being more cheerful.

Kobeobe7

Sorry to hear you're feeling pee'd off.  I bet we can all appreciate how you're feeling. We try so hard to keep moving forwards through this whole process and sometimes the crappiness of it all just hits. And the unfairness. I don't think anyone can really appreciate it unless you've been there. A good friend who had BC 12 years ago and is fighting fit now said that it all sort of hit her when treatment was over.  She felt v low and angry about it all. All our treatment deals with the physical but there's very little time given to the emotional toll it all takes.  Stay strong, you're so close.  

Virtual hugs. Jo xx

jky03

Oh well, 

today i've woken with a cloud over me...fed up, feel useless, just generally pee'd off. Get so sick of same routine, or lack of it, ...miss going to work,& the reality of potential for not being able to return to my role is hitting...., also reflecting on past few months and saddened at my experiences of 'support' from some family and friends,...its been an eye opener at times.

Guess its cos im nearing the next part of treatment, dont get me wrong i'm happy chemo will soon be finished..except the Herceptin and Tamoxifen, but still all feels so much to get through. 

Best get my ass in gear and sort my head out, otherwise its going to be a miserably long day,....i''ll do some ironing to cheer myself up!!!! (not). 

I know ive loads planned over next few days before next cycle, just have a dip now and then...instead of PMT its now PCT, lol.

Hope the suns shining on everyone else, im off to blow these clouds away.x

Fanta-CB

Congratulations Hopefulholly.... So exciting and gorgeous names!! πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘ΌπŸ‘Ό.
Got my port infection checked out. It is, thankfully just an infection. Antibiotics apparently are helping or it would be worse. One internal stitch pokes through the skin leaving it as an open wound since July 6!! Am seeing the tasty surgeon who is going to trim it under local anaesthetic tomorrow. Lol. They're interested in my port as I agreed to have it in flabby underside of my arm instead of my sternum. So relatively new area. Am happy with the location just want it to settle down now!!
Geneticist confirmed that I don't have the BRCA1 gene. A relief for my girls... And means no more surgery for now (planned to have double mastectomy if I had it). But still strange to have had the rare "medullary" cancer (3 to 5% of BC is this type) that is often linked to genetic BC.
One last note is that no matter how much people explained the SE of chemo nothing prepared me for the emotional roller coaster that I feel. I constantly burst into tears only for seconds sometimes but just fed up with never getting away from it. Have delayed FEC#4 by a week so I can go camping this weekend for a friends 50th. Can't wait!! Hugs to all. X x x
Sarahd-1

Hopefulholly congratulations she has arrived πŸ™‚ xxxxxxxx
Manicmum89

Hopefulholly that's wonderful news!! She shares my daughters name πŸ™‚ excellent choice x

jky03

Congratulations Hopeful...lovely news.

Sounds like a few have had a rough time with PICCs and thrombosis to lines/infected sites...tbh, thats why ive persisted with cannulas as was worried re complications if invasive devices. But on the whole their benefits out weigh the problems for the majority of folk and generally they are much better for most people....im a wuss.

Have driven to Lancaster and back today...from York...moving daughters stuff across to her new Student house...how times have changed, it was quite nice and clean!..unlike some i stayed in many years ago.

Day 13 post Tax2 & Feeling quite well except bit fluid retention & dry skin..trying gently exercise but still easily fatigued, taste also back to normal..yay!.as is my good week we're going to Lakes for few days at the end of the week. Also hubsters doing Brave The Shave and having a Big Bald BBQ at ours next weekend, raised Β£1000 so far...30+ coming to that, hes organised it all and ive been ordered to relax and let everyone else sort stuff...so i am. No BBQ food for me though, shame as love it.

Then last chemo on 1st Sept!!!!.....cannot wait to get it over with.

Take care all. Jo,x

Kobeobe7

Ah that's lovely news HopefulHolly.Congratulations. 

Thanks for responding Manicmum - I don't feel like I'm having a heart attack anymore and feel prepared for round 3 now. I'm going to ask for some stronger indigestion meds as I've noticed I'm getting more indigestion so who knows maybe it's linked.  Good luck going back to school next week. I'm not going back til after Christmas but I am really bored. There's only so many box sets you can watch!

Jo - It was good to hear that you've had less problems with Docetaxel. It sounds like you must be getting near to the end of chemo. Well done you.  I'm jealous. 

And so many of us seem to be suffering with clots. It's pretty gruesome but obviously a very common SE.  The injections sting a bit or am I  just being a wuss!  

Well we're all getting closer to the end,  take care everyone whatever stage you're at.

Jo xx

Ros53

Congratulations Hopefulholly on the birth of Grace Elizabeth. Great to hear the good news.  Hope you had the opportunity to welcome her.  xx

hopefulholly

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my good news. My second granddaughter Grace Elizabeth was born today, a healthy 7lb 12 oz, just the tonic I needed! X

Sarahd-1

Thank you so much ladies I really appreciate your help yes ros I'm on the same as you. Must be great to know your halfway. Hope the first bit has been kind to you. Hope you haven't had to many SE? Has it gone quick? Just been to doctors had my blood pressure checked etc. seems ok so my mind a bit more at rest. Thanks again big hugs xxxxxxxx
Ros53

Hi Sarah-d - I had a Hickman line fitted day after you and I am having palpitations more noticeable in bed but also during the day. I did start with a few palpitations after starting chemo tho.  I still feel sore around the wound site too but feel it is part of the healing process.  If you are unsure give the Helpline here a ring.  I think we are on the same treatment 3FEC and 3Tax, rads and Tamoxifen.  I have just had my third Fec so halfway. Yay! If I can help please ask and the ladies on this thread have given good advice and we are all here to help you through.  Take care and good luck for Wednesday. xx

joyce11

Hi

I have no experience of a PICC line but have always found it useful to ring my chemo unit for advice re any problems and this seems to be the quickest thing to do and for immediate professional advice. My BCN has also been very helpful with questions / concerns. Good luck.

Sarahd-1

Hi ladies sorry to come in on your thread like carol I'm in the August thread. I hope you can help me. I'm having some discomfort with my picc line. I think! I'm not sure if it's normal? I'm having heart palpitation if I lie on the side of the picc line. Also I ran up the stairs to answer my phone and got heart palpitations I feel some discomfort in my shoulde and neck it was put in on Thursday and I have my first chemo weds. I just wondered if this was normal? Thank you hope you are all ok xxxxxxx
Mazzi

Hi All, Back from my weekend away to Dorset, had a lovely time catching up with friends and eating lots ready for 3rd T on Tuesday. Did find the travelling  exhausting though, luckily the weather stayed nice and not too hot on the coast. Going for my reflexology and massage at the Oncology suite tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. 

Reading some of your posts I feel like I'm getting off lightly with SE's at the moment, will see what happens during the week and if I can get my pain relief perfect this time. So dreading not eating properly, I hate the lack of taste and ability to eat and cook. I just hate all food and drink for about 8 or 9 days. I will live on cream of chicken soup, milk and bananas which are the only things that taste normal to me, as long as they don't bung me up!!.

Have a good week all x

carolec

Thanks Manicmum - I wanted to take ibuprofen but I've read that you can't take them with the clexane injections so will double check with my onc as sometimes it's just precautionary x

Manicmum89

Carolec sorry to hear you're suffering. Warm flannels, ibuprofen gel and elevation. Mine felt better after two weeks or so x

carolec

Thanks Hopefulholly I'll try that.

hopefulholly

Hi Carolec, I was,advised to keep my arm raised with pillows, this helped reduce the swelling. Mine is still a little swollen after 5 days. I have to return to hospital tomorrow to get it checked. If yours hasn't gone down, I would call the hospital and get it checked out.
carolec

Hi All, hope you don't mind me popping over from the August 2015 thread - did originally post on this thread but chemo delayed and started in August.  I also have red swollen painful arm and told on Monday that I have blood clot near portacath.  Now on daily blood thinning injections but arm still red and swollen.  Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the arm swelling?  It's been almost a week now and doesn't seem to be going down xx

Manicmum89

HI fanta , sounds like what I had when I first had blood clots in my arm. Was really painful, red and swollen. 

Hope you feel better soon x

hopeful holly I hope you do meet her on Monday, how exciting! X

Fanta-CB

Thanks hopefulholly... Am feeling great after a steak and wine in France!. Travelling back to UK tomorrow. Will go to GP on Monday. Am delaying FEC 4 by a week to go camping. All ok apparently x x x
Manicmum89

Hi kobeobe

yep terrible chest pains, turns out it was due to acid from the steroids. Have medicine for it now which I take daily and it's really helping.

ive got blood clots all up the veins in my 'good arm' really painful for the first two weeks, still there now but not red, hot and swollen 

take care x

joyce11

Hopefulholly

I used to go to weight watchers and my main chant was "there are no saturated fats in a gin and tonic" - must have been a good chant because at the time I lost 5stone and still have a liver in tact LOL

hopefulholly

Sorry to hear that Fanta, hope it doesn't spoil your holiday. Keep an eye on it though and get it checked out if you think it could be a clot, don't want to alarm you but it's always safer to get things checked out. Take care x
hopefulholly

Thanks Joyce. You make me laugh and reminded me of when I joined Slimming World and had to hand in my weekly diet sheet and, due  to the amount if points I used on wine, the consultant suggested that perhaps I was in the wrong support group! Cheers Joyce x

Fanta-CB

Hi all, really interested to read about everyone's issues with FEC round three! Hopefulholly... I have a portacath and I have just recognised an infection. Swollen arm, sore, and I'm in France. My GP gave me an antibiotic just in case so I'm taking that. I feel really annoyed to have an infection but hope to keep it under control. Anybody had round 4 Is it better than round three? Keep strong everyone, hope everyone is having a good day. Xxx
joyce11

Hi Hopefulholly

Wow you have had a trying time. I have just had my 3rd Fec and not doing too badly - half way there - just wondering what the T will bring but hey just have to get on with it don't we. Looking forward  to a glass or two tomorrow and have a "drinking" friend coming over next weekend so something to look forward to. Maybe I am talking to the wrong group lol.

Hope you soon feel better.

hopefulholly

Hi everyone. What is it about the 3rd FEC? I had mine 2 wks ago and have experienced more severe side effects, nausea, fatigue etc. Perhaps it's the cumulative effect? I've also been unwell as had a thrombosis caused through the PICC line. Info for those with PICC, symptoms were a swollen, purple arm and hand and pain in arm and neck - not very subtle so easy to spot!  Tried to save the PICC as I have thin veins but it had to be removed. I now have to inject blood thinners every day for 3 months, could have been worse, thought I had a dvt in my leg, would have meant injecting every day for 6 months!

Also had a high temp (37.9) led to blood tests which identified low neutrophils (white blood cells) which is an indication of infection so on strong antibiotics which are causing severe nausea. Hoping the levels will improve in time for first Docetaxel next week. Apart from that I'm fine lol!

Hi Moneypenny, just stepping in as I too have an underactive thyroid and on high dose of thyroxin. I'm afraid to have my thyroid levels checked because of my veins. Although my hair was fine, my hairdresser said I had plenty of it. Had it cut into short style before chemo, used cold cap but found it too uncomfortable so didn't use for 2nd and 3rd cycle, lost hair by the handful after 1st chemo then slowed and increased again after 2nd and 3rd, had hair cut very short into a pixie style, still have enough covering to not need to wear my wig or scarves but it won't be long before I need to. As you can see, we all have different experiences and it's very much a personal choice. I'm sure you'll make the decision that's right for you. 

Hope everyone has as good a weekend as they can.

Btw, my second granddaughter is being delivered by c-section on Monday. Keeping everything crossed that I manage to stay out of hospital and well enough to meet her on Monday x

Ros53

Hi Ladies, Yesterday I had the Hickman line fitted and chemo.  On the whole it was not too bad, I think the worry and anticipation was worse but now glad it is all over.  Halfway now:)  My next three are Taxotere which I think jky03 has mentioned previously.  Any tips on preparation or advice would be appreciated  Just waiting for District Nurse to come and give the injection.  Hope everyone is coping today and enjoying the day.  I have been sucking frozen pineapple which really helps the dry taste in the mouth. x

jky03

Hi DiscoD,

yeah feels like that..quite tender really but only for few seconds...may be nerve pain perhaps?...keeping my beady on my nail beds for any altered colour etc...know what you mean about already losing/shedding other parts, though im awaiting surgery in October, i'll be gutted if my nails come off too.

Jo - Re Docetaxel...i have found it much kinder to my veins than FEC, infact 2 lots in and no problems so far. I had chemical phlebitis after each FEC which is now nearly gone in left arm...hopefully it wont cause issues with post op probs as its my left breast/axilla that will have surgery to. Ive had cannulas throughout..didnt fancy a PICC, personal choice as was offered it.

I also got muscular discomfort in my chest with FEC and in left boob...disconcerting at times and did get checked out...ECGs all ok. Also indigestion was alot worse with FEC for me.

Try enjoy the weekend everyone having chemo next week...im just about turned around after 2nd T, 10 days post dose now....may even try a few beers tomorrow if dont taste too rank. Each treatment in, the nearer to the finish we are, wacky hormones and all.

Jo,x (also)

DiscoD

Hiya jky03

I'm not on the dotax but I do have a pain in my finger nails. Does it feel like when you pull a wick out and you touch it it feels kind of bruised?
It's only on my right arm and did start after the chemo but I put it down to the mastectomy and then lymph node clearance.

I will be devastated if I lose my nails. I've lost my boob my hair and all I have left is the nails. Your right it's the gift that keeps on giving!!

XOXO
Kobeobe7

Hi everyone,

I hope we are all having a bearable time. I'm definitely having good and bad days. I reckon my hormones are all over the place so my poor husband does get it in the neck sometimes. I'm counting the days down to the end of chemo but it's going slow 😐.  I've had my second cycle of FEC and am just enjoying feeling good for the last couple if the weeks of the holidays. 

I've got a a question about Docetaxel/Taxotere and wondering if anyone can answer it. Do these drugs tend to damage your veins as much as FEC? The nurse who put my PICC line in told me it didn't and I could get the line removed after FEC if I wanted. I asked a different nurse at my last session and she said the opposite.  I got a blood clot diagnosed yesterday and am now injecting myself daily and would really like to get rid of the line. 

Manicmum I think you had pains in your chest after one of your FEC treatments.  Did it resolve itself?  My biggest SE after FEC is tightness around the MX scar and a weird sensation in my chest that lasts for days. They say it is muscular but it doesn't feel like that to me.

I bet we all agree how much this treatment makes us worry about every twinge and pain. I'm going to try and do some yoga or get a massage as I can physically feel the tension. If anyone can recommend a yoga DVD that would be great. 

Keep strong everybody

Jo xxx

jky03

Quick question guys...

Wondering if anyone else on Docetaxel has had pain/discomrt in nail beds?

Ive started with occasional pain in one of my toes...around cuticle area, just hope its not leading to my nails starting to come off. Am using coconut oil and cuticle oil and so far my nails have stayed supple, though my skin on finger tips does get very dry despite regular moisturising.

Just love this schizzle, it just keeps giving doesnt it.

Jo,x

Moneypenny30

Thank you all for your warm welcome and replies. I continue to shed hair, although not in clumps now, and have spotted a little bald spot on my crown where I have a red mark anyway. My 2nd FEC chemo is tomorrow and I am going to persevere with the cold cap but I am worried that I will lose a lot more hair when they take it off because it was still frozen to my head last time. I am seriously considering getting my hair cut shorter still. Currently have a short bob which, because I can't straighten it, is wavy and I hate it so thought if I got it cropped I wouldn't need to do much with it at all and if it did fall out despite cold cap, it wouldn't be too much of a shock. I have been very positive since diagnosis, however, had a wee sob when my hair started coming out during washing. I think it's because losing my hair would be the only visual clue that I have cancer and it means I have no control over my body. You all sound really positive though so that will help me get thru this x
Ros53

Welcome Moneypenny.  I have been using the coldcap and due my 3rd FEC on Friday which has been delayed from this Tuesday as I need a Hickman line.  I still have the majority of my hair which is fine as well.  I had it cut short so it all fits under the coldcap.  It seems to go through phases of shedding and then eases off.  My hair looks very thin and I probably look better in my wig which I have not resorted to yet.  I just feel the longer I can delay it the better.  It seems a few have struggled with the side effects of the 3rd FEC so feel apprehensive with this one and wondering what the following 3T will be like but best not to look too far ahead.I will be halfway after Friday.  Yay.  Last Friday I was enjoying my weekend treat of red wine and started with palpitations!  Fortunately on Sunday evening they did not return which was relief.  I mean we have to have some pleasures.  Take care and hope you are all on a good day. 

Gaynor1

Hi Moneypenny,
I'm on a slightly different regime to most of the ladies, I'm on TC but I have used the cold cap for both my sessions and my hair started to shed just before my 2nd session and then came out in handfuls in the shower on day 6 after my 2nd round (so about a week ago now). I estimate I've lost about 50%, mostly on the top and crown but that is where I was quite thin before.( I also have a short bob) However, after shedding over the last week it seems to have now stopped!! I don't know if thats going to carry or I will loose more after my next two sessions?
I have found loosing my hair the most difficult and hard hitting emotionally of this journey so far and actually had my first crying session last week when my hair came out in clumps.
My hair like yours is generally thin. I think I'm going to carry on with the cold cap this time ( due week-on Friday). I feel the more I can save the quicker it will grow back. Advice given to me was to take pain killers an hour before your session and take during session if required . It worked for me last time so hopefully I will still manage next time even though my hair will be thin on top. I have found it only uncomfortable for the 1st 15 mins until your numb!!
I have also bought some 'WOW' root cover yesterday which the hairdresser coveted my roots and dabbed on my scalp where I have bald/thin patches on the top and crown and omg I can't believe how well it's covered and looks like I have hair !!! It's really boosted my confidence to go out without my wig .
The use of the cold cap is an individual decision so you will also make your own mind up but it may slow down.
Good luck with your next treatments.
joyce11

Hi Moneypenny

Just wanted to add - I used the cold cap as I have really thick short hair and thought it was my crwoning glory. Lost 50% of it on day 17  in the shower - a bit like a horror movie really and because it was so thin I decded that I would stop the cold cap as I was advised it would be quite painful with a thin covering of hair. The hair continues to fall out and I am learing to love the scarves and wig despite never being a "hat" person. I too have enjoyed the shorter stay without the use of the cold cap so guess there are benefits either way.

Good to have you in the club!!

jky03

Hey Moneypenny, welcome aboard, guess its the group no one ever wants to be in but we are her together and shall see each other through. Re cold cap...cant really advise there as havent used it....couldnt bearvthe thought of sitting in the unit for 6hours a time....so initially cut mine really short then as it came out..3rd week after 1st FEC at the end of May so i shaved it off...obv taking care to use clean electric razor and avoid knicks...felt much better and empowdered after doing so. If i were in youre situation id probably have another go with it...my friend had similar sounding issues and though lost about 50% of her hair it grew back quickly and very thick n curly. Im waiting ladt cycle of chemo on 2nd Sept...and have a head full of fuzz now, after being totally bald, initially i was upst and self consvious but then embraced my look and have no qualms re going out in public naked so to speak. Hopefully you'll find the right way for you.

Re side effects...i found keeping a diary of them helped..then knew what to expect and when with each cycle and could take my anti emetics, laxatives,pain relief et al in antcipation to head them off some what.

Keep strong ladies, we can do this.

x

Fanta-CB

Hi Moneypenny... I'm due for my fourth FEC next week, and I have a big bald patch on the top of my head. I have a good covering round the outside so I can get away with headbands. I have Thick hair that was really long that I had cut to shoulderlength before I started this. It is different for everyone, I seem to be gradually shedding rather than losing big clumps of hair. I am using the cold cap. Even if it slows me losing the hair I've got to do to everything to keep somehow, the hair loss thing for me is the most brutal! I also felt the worst of it on my third round but could be coincidental. My worst day seems to be the day I stop taking steroids; day 4. Some days I feel to be 3/6 it's halfway and so far along and then sometimes it feels as though I have so long to go. I'm on holiday at the moment and enjoying a gin and tonic in the evenings and say I'm feeling good. Sometimes just so emotional though it's weirdI'm on holiday at the moment and enjoying a gin and tonic in the evenings and so I'm feeling good. Sometimes just so emotional though... Xxxx
Moneypenny30

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread but I didn't have my password until recently, although I did receive my first Chemo (out of 6) on 31st July so just made it for this month. I have experienced a few side effects after my first of 3 FEC treatments. Nausea, flushing, sore mouth, receding gums, severe constipation, but I guess the worst was my hair coming out in clumps today (day 18), even tho I wore the cold cap. My hair is fine anyway, due to underactive thyroid, and they did say it works better on thicker hair but it was still a shock when it was coming away in my hand whilst washing it. No bald patches yet but I wondered if anyone else who experienced this found it to be continuous or does the hair loss slow down after a few days? I did get my hair cut shorter but wonder if I should get it cut even shorter and persevere with cold cap or just give up and let chemo take its course. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Manicmum89

Hi folks. Wasn't too great after third fec on Friday, was more sick after then then the other two put together. However feeling so much better now. Just got to keep going.

Seem to be putting on so much weight, despite still walking lots of not really eating anything more than normal. Hey ho, I guess I can deal with it when the steroids and treatment stop. 

Hope everyone is ok, need to try and make the most of the last two weeks before my girls go back to school.

take care everyone xx

jky03

Hey ladies,

Quiet few days recovering from 2nd Tax, now day 7, feeling tad unwell today - no temp, just headache, tummy aches...generally off it, but oh well, sofa and boxset catch up day...enjoy watchin my programmes uninterupted and can snooze when want too....bonus.

Got my hats from Bold Beanies...love my beanies, infact wearing one now even indoors...its a bit cooler today and even though have peachy fuzz on my head its freezing.

Goodluck to all having chemo this week, and that those who are in between ... gave a nice break and enjoy youre good weeks. btw,...i wear gloves now before appts...keep veins nice and warm and hopefully juicy!

x

Mazzi

Hi All, trying to enjoy this week before 3rd T Tuesday, not feeling too bad but still needing my afternoon nap!.Got a busy few days with appointments and catching up with friends and work mates then hopefully off to seaside for the weekend, my friend and her sister are taking me down and staying with another friend who lives near Weymouth, can't wait!

Also bought some more hats etc from Bohemia for Autumn/Winter, the good thing is that they look like ordinary hats so will still be suitable for when hair grows back. 

Hope everyone doing ok x

Josie11

Hi Joyce, I'm with you on the veins - my third FEC is a week tomorrow and 3 of the veins in my hand are damaged now. Round 2 was better as the anti nausea meds toned it down a bit and I didn't have the headache. Feeling fine now and so happy to have 2 good weeks before round 3. I hope tomorrow goes well for you and they get the vein first time, xx

joyce11

We all seem a bit quiet at the moment. Learning to love hats and scarves!! Third FEC tomorrow hopefully if they can find the vein willing to take it. How is everybody doing??

jky03

Hello all,

It certainly is an interesting debate re anti histamines and use with Docetaxel/Taxotere...seems many find benefit in reducing severity of its side effects...especially the pains/discomfort.

Wonder if any studies/trials have been done in to it, also the variation in regions as to oncologists approach to certain chemo treatments and use of adjuntive meds is quite different throughout the country....ie GCSF, length Steroid courses, anti histamines, etc.

After a few aches and pains managed some sleep last night with regular paracetamol and ibuprfen...feel  foggy still and fatigued but atleast been out this morning and actually felt able to drive safely (day 4)....with higher dose Tax last cycle was 9 days before i felt able to do that!

Sun is shining..gonna go for nice stroll this afty with hubby....head to coast me thinks....bag o chips anyone??

x

Gaynor1

Evening JKY03,

I see your also suffering with the SE from T. Im on day 8 of my 2nd TC and have been much better this time around , no aches/pains or 'hit by that bus' feel.
This time around my oncologist prescribed a steroid tail of 5 days of 2mg steroids after the initial ones and this has prevented the sheer exhaustion feel although have still tired towards the end of the day. I also have taken anti- histamine ( loratadine ) a one per day starting with the day before the chemo and until today and has meant no aches/ pains!

You want to consider asking for next time .

Only other issues this time have been indigestion and constipation for a few days although now relieved with movicol.

I'm also off work since my op at the end of May although I did manage to go into work yesterday and have lunch with my colleagues and have a good catch up .

Hope you have a good nights sleep

Best wishes

jky03

Afternoon ladies,

Well im day 3 after T2...and the number 42 has rumbled into town..& over me! but it seems a little easier than last time, just aches, fluid retention and no taste with a cack mouth. Snoozed on and off today after quick flit round with housework this morning. Trying to stay positive this time as with last T got really down with SEs but know they wont last, just hate the fog & grogginess, blah!

Gutted missing the match tonight...Notts v Mansfield, theyll be other games, its more the fact i need to give into to the chemo and let it do its work.

Im also off work...since May...too much of risk of infection due to healthcare worker....its challenging when youre used to busy schedules, but its my time and need to use it to get rid of this schizzle, ...also nice to spend more time with friends/catch ups when can.

Hoping for a comfy night and sleep, and as good a weekend as can expect...hope yours is too.

x